Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

I know it's the Knicks but Tatum looked so polished and good last night. Jaylen's still their runner/gunner athlete guy who'll be playing hard deep into the 4th cus he's not tired yet, but Tatum's definitely going to be somebody that defenses have to plan around. Kyrie's the real unsung guy since the Gordon injury though since he's absolutely slicing and dicing defenses to get these two open. And to think Kyrie's only 25, Browns 21, and Tatums 19, AND they have more assets to play with next year to shore up their god awful bench (that made the Knicks starters look like poo poo lmao great.)

Yeah I've really been happy with how unselfish Kyrie has been, I thought he would go into full-on hero mode once Gordon went down but he seems to be buying into Brad's system. I'm sorry about the dang Knicks, Porzingis looks loving unhappy as hell out there and Tim is shooting like a bum but I'm sure he'll figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
There's still a good team in Boston even with Hayward out. Horford is still a really good player even if his game is aging, Taytum is contributing already and Brown look legit, and the other role players (Smart, Rozier, even Baynes) are all capable of doing their job.

They're going to be rocky since now they have to build a whole new gameplan on the fly, but it sounded like people expected it to be Kyrie bombing by himself like the pre-Lebron Cleveland days. Even with the rocky October I expect Boston to win 45+ games.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dexo posted:

Tbf he didn't say greatest he said favorite

My favorite player is Nate Robinson.

Far from the best player tho.

I know it's no longer offseason, but I gonna jump on this offseason topic anyway

My favorite player ever was Sarunas Marciulionis. Fun to watch, tough as hell, incredibly good person

If people could put their favorite player in their next post without derailing the thread - I'd just be interested to see what some of the regulars say

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 25, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

There's still a good team in Boston even with Hayward out. Horford is still a really good player even if his game is aging, Taytum is contributing already and Brown look legit, and the other role players (Smart, Rozier, even Baynes) are all capable of doing their job.

They're going to be rocky since now they have to build a whole new gameplan on the fly, but it sounded like people expected it to be Kyrie bombing by himself like the pre-Lebron Cleveland days. Even with the rocky October I expect Boston to win 45+ games.

45 -50 sounds right

What was the over under ?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lockback posted:

They are going to win 45 easy. Probably 50 because East.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

euphronius posted:

45 -50 sounds right

Preseason Vegas had Boston +/- 51.5

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People thinking they were going to miss the playoffs after Hayward went down were crazy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Rozier starting to pan out has really given the bench a boost. Between him, Smart, Morris (when he returns. People are speculating Tatum may hold onto the starting spot for now) and Baynes, I'm pretty okay with their bench situation

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The main thing to worry about for Boston at this point will be what they look like after Tatum hits the rookie wall.

predicto posted:

If people could put their favorite player in their next post without derailing the thread - I'd just be interested to see what some of the regulars say

For a while it was Steve Nash but overtime it became Diiiiiiiiirk Nowitzki.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 25, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I bet on the Raptors winning the Atlantic division approximately 3 hours before Hayward industry. The Raptors were at +500, second to Boston that was at like -200 or some dumb poo poo.

I uh, lucked out on that one.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

45 -50 sounds right

Before the season started it was really high, 57 wins or something. I don't know what it is now (work blocks Vegas websites so I don't win too much and quit). At that level Hayward representing ~10 wins is probably right, at least when considering the adjustment time.

Sometime around All-Star break there will be puff pieces about what a great job Brad Stevens is doing keeping Boston in the top-4 or 5, but their talent level puts them there anyway. Stevens is still a really good coach though.

edit:

Libertine posted:

Preseason Vegas had Boston +/- 51.5

I might have that wrong then.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

The main thing to worry about for Boston at this point will be what they look like after Tatum hits the rookie wall.

For a while it was Steve Nash but overtime it became Diiiiiiiiirk Nowitzki.

I expect when he hits the wall, Morris will join the starters and they'll let Tatum run up points against the second unit

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Rasheed Wallace was my favorite player before it became cool to like Rasheed. He's loving awesome.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Never forgive Rasheed leaving Philadelphia area for the dreaded tar heels .

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah I've really been happy with how unselfish Kyrie has been, I thought he would go into full-on hero mode once Gordon went down but he seems to be buying into Brad's system. I'm sorry about the dang Knicks, Porzingis looks loving unhappy as hell out there and Tim is shooting like a bum but I'm sure he'll figure it out

Tim's a bum when there's no ball movement. He can't create his own shot and he still looks tiny despite being in the league for 5 years now. He's smart though and can hit open shots/drive open lanes, but there's none of that on this Knicks team!!

Also all these stupid contracts are keeping them from doing a true tank which means Porzingis' future on the Knicks looks bleak. They can't even promise the guy that the team will turn around soon through draft picks and free agency because they don't even have free agency now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao where was Rasheed supposed to play? Like Philly has any college basketball program that can compare to UNC.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

lmao where was Rasheed supposed to play? Like Philly has any college basketball program that can compare to UNC.

He verbally committed to Nova* before changing his mind

* not a Philadelphia school

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/922954567083376641

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Maybe there is hope for this next generation after all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

He verbally committed to Nova* before changing his mind

* not a Philadelphia school

Hey I like Villanova, I really do.

But you can't hate a guy who chooses Dean Smith over Steve Lappas.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what if its cause he plays smash bros competitively

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Grant Hill, the only Duke player I’ve ever liked.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I forgot about Marcus Morris being out. That makes me feel a little better about the Celtics bench. I was a little worried about seeing Daniel Theis getting double digit minutes per game...

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

This would make me buy a switch

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You should buy a switch anyway

https://twitter.com/treykerby/status/923235268127227910

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
mark price getting traded was a dark day. for the pick that became Vitaly Potapenko. he was getting older and hurt but still

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ya, the Switch is so good and it often breaks my brain at how simple and easy the concept of switching from home console to handheld is; hopefully 2K19 isn't total butt so I can play it on the go

in basketball news, I was taking a look at Hollinger's team stats (small sample, I know) and I was surprised that the Clippers currently have the best defensive efficiency. Obviously, they've played two very bad teams but it's still interesting to see.

The Wolves are near the bottom of the league which isn't surprising considering Butler is out but drat that 112.7 per 100 possessions is still an eyesore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man Lappas flamed out

He had a good run there in the 90s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last night the wolves gave up a .750 effective field goal % and 133 orating . Iirc

To the pacers

Not good !

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Guys I think Donald Trump took over euphronius' account

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
euphronis, I've been meaning to ask this for years: why do you put a space between the last word of a sentence and the period/question mark/exclamation point?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aw man now I'm gonna see that every time.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

IcePhoenix posted:

Guys I think Donald Trump took over euphronius' account

He properly cited actual facts, so it couldn't be Trump

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

euphronis, I've been meaning to ask this for years: why do you put a space between the last word of a sentence and the period/question mark/exclamation point?

I type on a phone and while I put some effort into cleaning up typos and misspellings I hate autocorrect to a great degree and usually let its interpretation of what I typed stand .

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

I type on a phone and while I put some effort into cleaning up typos and misspellings I hate autocorrect to a great degree and usually let its interpretation of what I typed stand .

I don't know how autocorrect would do that but it's okay you don't need to be ashamed. Everyone's mom does the same thing. My mom goes next level by always going space, punctuation, space, and then a minimum of 4 more punctuation marks

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MourningView posted:

I don't know how autocorrect would do that but it's okay you don't need to be ashamed . Everyone's mom does the same thing . My mom goes next level by always going space , punctuation , space , and then a minimum of 4 more punctuation marks ! !!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This is literally what every text from her looks like it's amazing. Every question feels like I am being accused of something terrible

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 25, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Euphronius is typing on a t9 keyboard, obviously

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Noctone posted:

https://deadspin.com/three-sick-lebron-james-passes-1819836316

It's insane how much better LeBron is at pretty much everything.

BREAKING NEWS: LeBron passes Duncan on regular season WS list:

code:
Player 			WS
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 	273.41
Wilt Chamberlain 	247.26
Karl Malone	 	234.63
Michael Jordan 		214.02
John Stockton	 	207.70
LeBron James 		206.41
Tim Duncan 		206.38
Dirk Nowitzki 		201.03
LBJ poised and determined to pass Stockton in early November and Jordan in early 2018.

dokmo posted:

Instead of doing something useful I made a video of every missed dunk this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD46i4Ncj-s

I like that miss while the Suns are down 60-112.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

"What is happening​ around here? Are Bulls just dropping from the sky?"

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/923036439293685760

"Gordon, 34, was arrested in June for pulling fire alarms in his Los Angeles apartment after police responded to the call but found no fire. When Gordon failed to appear in court at his arraignment later that month, the judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest."

I didn't hear about that. Maybe it was during a finals game.

Saner times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8usmPdY1EQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/923220490780663810

Rip the NBA

• Locked thread