Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Lurking Haro posted:

I just googled someone using the machine.
The long hook at the beginning of the video is to keep people from touching other loafs, but after that it's germ heaven.

Also what paper things? There are paperbags, but that's it.

Where I am there are usually boxes of wax paper "handling papers" next to the paper bags/boxes. You use those to grab/pick up the bread and they can also be used as a separator paper to keep sweet sticky breads/treats from touching. I understand that these things are more to make it seem clean and people reach in with their hands all the time. But I like my illusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Where I am there are usually boxes of wax paper "handling papers" next to the paper bags/boxes. You use those to grab/pick up the bread and they can also be used as a separator paper to keep sweet sticky breads/treats from touching. I understand that these things are more to make it seem clean and people reach in with their hands all the time. But I like my illusions.

No paper sheets here. I'll look if they have foil gloves.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Randaconda posted:

She took the powerbomb when network suits were there, even.

No other promotion has ever done as little with so much as TNA.

That's like something out of a Futurama episode.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

My dude, college football players getting paid is the worst kept secret in sports. There's a reason top prospects happen to just suddenly have houses and luxury cars appear around them.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ranbo das posted:

My dude, college football players getting paid is the worst kept secret in sports. There's a reason top prospects happen to just suddenly have houses and luxury cars appear around them.

Top prospects /= all student athletes though. I mean i get what you are saying but a few top ballers getting a car or something doesnt make the entire thing any less an exploitation racket.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Huh, So I just discovered I have a weird germ-o-phopia and it has to do with this previously unknown to me bread machine.

And upon review of my instant and near primal revulsion I can say in the gooniest of terms: That I like to slice my own bread, because people are filthy and just look at all the points of filth entry starting with the man picking up the bread with his bare paws to put into the machine.

Lets not even get into how this machine probably cut up some pumpernickel or some poo poo bread with caraway seeds in it, so now you have caraway or pumpernickel tainted bread.

and then his fumbling pawing to get it into the bag...shudder.

and Lurking Haro, if that was you doing a kindness and filming yourself at the bread machine. uh..good job, but use the little paper things to hold the bread you filthy animal.

Lurking Haro posted:

I just googled someone using the machine.
The long hook at the beginning of the video is to keep people from touching other loafs, but after that it's germ heaven.

Also what paper things? There are paperbags, but that's it.

The claw you nab the bread with is so that nobody touches your loaf. So just use the handle to manipulate the claw. You know that handle that 100 people before you touched with their unwashed hands? Now use that same hand you touched the handle with to grab you loaf. So hygienic!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Did you know that a single germ can kill you in seconds?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Karate Bastard posted:

Did you know that a single germ can kill you in seconds?

thats ok a married germ takes forever to kill you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Do you know how many germs I touched typing this very message? I should be receiving hazard pay for this!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

sneakyfrog posted:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ranbo das posted:

Not everywhere is the SEC

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Randaconda posted:

At least WCW climbed to unforeseen heights before they died (and wrestling as a whole never recovered from their death)

Their highs were extremely high and everything else was abysmally low. Are there any WCW stalwarts still hanging onto the dry and withered TNA teat?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

sneakyfrog posted:

:boom:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Their highs were extremely high and everything else was abysmally low. Are there any WCW stalwarts still hanging onto the dry and withered TNA teat?

Vince is a dick.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Gorilla Salad posted:

What the gently caress even is a "high roller" at a restaurant?

Woooh! Bread sticks for everyone!

High rolling at a restaurant involves getting an appetizer AND desert and not just one.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

No paper sheets here. I'll look if they have foil gloves.

Ok, there are gloves, but nobody uses them!
Also, people sometimes put in warm bread which sticks to the blade, making a mess.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

The claw you nab the bread with is so that nobody touches your loaf. So just use the handle to manipulate the claw. You know that handle that 100 people before you touched with their unwashed hands? Now use that same hand you touched the handle with to grab you loaf. So hygienic!

Did you know that every day you breathe air that has been inhaled by thousands of people, most of whom never had their lungs cleaned?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Big Poppa Pump, I think.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wow, Rick Steiner went legit or whatever

http://www.callricksteiner.com/meet-our-team/P218

quote:

Rick Steiner has been a Georgia resident for over 26 years and is extremely active in our local community. Rick has been an active school board member for Cherokee County School District and an active parent at Etowah High School. Rick is also very active within our Armed Forces and actively supports the Make a Wish Foundation and several wounded veterans programs. Rick earned a Bachelors of Science in Education from the University of Michigan and was a successful and respected professional wrestler in his years following college. Rick has been a licensed Real Estate agent for the past 12 years, and he is highly experienced in residential, commercial, land, farm and lake properties.

The brothers also bought a restaurant at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Big Poppa Pump, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrRxkX3xmjw

:staredog:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I do love that the Hardy Boyz jumped ship back to WWE, even though the final deletion is one of the craziest loving things in the world.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get more entertainment out of behind the scenes wrestling drama than I do of the actual wrestling.

Most of which I know from Scooby-Doo.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Inescapable Duck posted:

I get more entertainment out of behind the scenes wrestling drama than I do of the actual wrestling.

Most of which I know from Scooby-Doo.

I'm the same way. I listen to a couple different wrestling podcasts, I follow a bunch of wrestlers on Twitter, and I often lurk in Rowdy Ringsports, but I haven't watched pro wrestling on tv in years, and I'll turn the ppvs on, but I'm usually doing something else during.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

High rolling at a restaurant involves getting an appetizer AND desert and not just one.

When they ask if he wants the soup or salad his answer is always yes. :smuggo:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu Zeta posted:

Wow, Rick Steiner went legit or whatever

http://www.callricksteiner.com/meet-our-team/P218

The brothers also bought a restaurant at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

From interviews I've read about them, both of the Steiners are much smarter than you'd think, even Scotty.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

steinrokkan posted:

Did you know that every day you breathe air that has been inhaled by thousands of people, most of whom never had their lungs cleaned?

That's why you have to protect yourself.

All joking aside its cold and flu season and my office is getting wrecked with people catching various bugs. There is a reason the CDCP has the Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives initiative and that Global Hand Washing Day is October 15th.

People are nasty and they transfer loads of illness by touching stuff with their unwashed hands.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you lose your shoe in an accident, it's known as a dying response.

https://i.imgur.com/AkR3urW.gifv

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know people who do that intentionally.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

orange sky posted:

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Peiper

Heh, holy poo poo

How ashamed should we be as humans that this guy was allowed to just go and work for Porsche and Volkswagen after

And nowadays some people actually believe that you don't deserve to live decently or get a job because you've had a drug addiction or have something in your record. The standards have certainly been raised.

I also think about the german companies owned by nazi sympathizers that got away scot free once the war ended and now are market leaders.

There's schadenfreude in this anecdote of how the brothers that founded Adidas and Puma (used to be one company) split up.

quote:

Both brothers joined the Nazi Party, but Rudolf was slightly closer to the party. A growing rift between the brothers reached a breaking point during a 1943 Allied bomb attack. Adi and his wife climbed into a bomb shelter that Rudolf and his family were already in. "Here are the bloody bastards again," Adi remarked, apparently referring to the Allied war planes, but Rudolf, due to his apparent insecurity, was convinced his brother meant him and his family.[12] When Rudolf was later picked up by American soldiers and accused of being a member of the Waffen SS, he was convinced that his brother had turned him in.[10]

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

"Eh, its a living!"
#Millennial career progression

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

gently caress, he bashed his foot into the pole so hard it tore his boot off..

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The first few months of weekly PPVs featured a midget match on nearly every show. The short-lived midget division...

:eyepop:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923275423617830918

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_n8R-aMIiY

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

ranbo das posted:

If someone wants to exploit me by giving me a bunch of money and stuff plus paying for my college, I'd love to let them.

Uncle sam has got a deal for you. just 4-8 years in a hellhole of his creating and he will maybe sorta pay for your college. Just don't die!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

snergle posted:

Uncle sam has got a deal for you. just 4-8 years in a hellhole of his creating and he will maybe sorta pay for your college. Just don't die!

did that already. VA hosed me harder than any lady would ever care to.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_IUkZPuuQ

A rude moose

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Slugnoid posted:

gently caress, he bashed his foot into the pole so hard it tore his boot off..

Anything loose on or connected to you around rotating machinery is so loving scary. I was using a large drill once and had cut off some jeans into shorts and a strand got caught in the drill and ripped my pantshorts off. That really hurt

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Anything loose on or connected to you around rotating machinery is so loving scary. I was using a large drill once and had cut off some jeans into shorts and a strand got caught in the drill and ripped my pantshorts off. That really hurt

I'm picturing a waifish mustachioed hipster ripping his daisy dukes off while trying to make his own cable reel coffee table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless