Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

naw don't worry Horsey, it's cool, we got this all figured out

https://twitter.com/isamuel/status/920097900683776000

bing bong so simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I think, "You cant just keep yelling a thing a bunch to make it a scandal."

Then I remember "Benghazi" and its effect on the election.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yes. Nothing says "patience in dealing with someone" by calling them names.

Wait, this is yet another "the REAL scandal is people TELLING you about the scandal" thing! Jesus Christ.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man why doesn't Trump do anything since it seems to be common knowledge it's like there is nothing there or Trump is a useless idiot.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Now who's the kind fellow sharing this anti-Semitic edit of a Horsey cartoon? A Rutgers professor of food science, apparently.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

loquacius posted:

bing bong so simple
Lol at Paul Ryan doing anything remotely pro-Hillary.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

the plan to get the Democrats into power by asking both Pence and Ryan to give up the Presidency voluntarily in a very specific manner because "it's the right thing to do" makes a lot more sense if you keep in mind that the person who came up with it was Lawrence Lessig

that dude comes up with a lot of harebrained schemes involving Presidents resigning

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Faustian Bargain posted:

It might surprise you to learn that Lawrence "if elected I will almost immediately resign, right after fixing the entire US Constitution which shouldn't take that long" Lessig isn't exactly up to speed on, well, any number of things.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

that dude comes up with a lot of harebrained schemes involving Presidents resigning

Don't kinkshame.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who is going to throw him into the river though?

*slowly raises hand*

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Again, if Trump is deposed by Republicans, Pence and Ryan would probably be assassinated as the RWM can very easily see RINO Traitors and Swampfolk in everything and everyone. Trump can break the rules because he's the Base darling and daddy that can do whatever he wants, but anyone else within the party touching him like that would attack the very core of their political sports team belief that you always stand by your horrible racists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Crabtree posted:

Again, if Trump is deposed by Republicans, Pence and Ryan would probably be assassinated as the RWM can very easily see RINO Traitors and Swampfolk in everything and everyone.

5. Then Hillary is sworn in

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Again, if Trump is deposed by Republicans, Pence and Ryan would probably be assassinated as the RWM can very easily see RINO Traitors and Swampfolk in everything and everyone. Trump can break the rules because he's the Base darling and daddy that can do whatever he wants, but anyone else within the party touching him like that would attack the very core of their political sports team belief that you always stand by your horrible racists.

That's some cool fanfiction you got there but we're talking about reality, where the right talks a big anti-government game but ultimately falls in line with whoever is in power regardless of reason, morality, or previously announced positions.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

bing bong so simple

This is a stupid idea that will never happen, but the rest of the text suggests Lessig knows that and isn't seriously pushing for this idea:

Lawrence Lessig posted:

Without doubt, if Ryan did the right thing, that would be the most extraordinary event in the history of America since the Confederate Army fired on Fort Sumter.

Gotta admit, that's a pretty funny slam on Ryan.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yes. Nothing says "patience in dealing with someone" by calling them names.

Wait, this is yet another "the REAL scandal is people TELLING you about the scandal" thing! Jesus Christ.

On Twitter, Kelly used the term "Odumbo" to refer to the previous president, thus forfeiting any claim to being the mature, responsible one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jurgan posted:

This is a stupid idea that will never happen, but the rest of the text suggests Lessig knows that and isn't seriously pushing for this idea:

Gotta admit, that's a pretty funny slam on Ryan.

the context is a Newsweek article entitled "HOW HILLARY CLINTON STILL CAN, AND SHOULD, BECOME PRESIDENT AFTER THE TRUMP-RUSSIA INVESTIGATION"

if it's a joke nobody told Newsweek

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

loquacius posted:

the context is a Newsweek article entitled "HOW HILLARY CLINTON STILL CAN, AND SHOULD, BECOME PRESIDENT AFTER THE TRUMP-RUSSIA INVESTIGATION"

if it's a joke nobody told Newsweek

I don't know the circumstances, obviously. Lessig is kind of a crackpot. Still, I could easily imagine him saying "here's a hypothetical out-there scenario that will probably never happen" and some overzealous reporter taking it out of context and making it sound like he's seriously calling for it. That's how a lot of clickbait titles come about. I think that's how the "Cabinet should remove Trump via the 25th amendment because he's crazy" idea got started.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 25, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, they are so all in on the uranium.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Bombadilillo posted:

I think, "You cant just keep yelling a thing a bunch to make it a scandal."

Then I remember "Benghazi" and its effect on the election.

It only works if your supporters are constantly raging from paranoid delusions with a bad case of victim complex. If we started yelling "NIGER!" it wouldn't work.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It only works if your supporters are constantly raging from paranoid delusions with a bad case of victim complex. If we started yelling "NIGER!" it wouldn't work.

They'd just think your pronunciation was off.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Retromancer posted:

They'd just think your pronunciation was off.

I heard someone say that the real reason Trump won't talk about the attack in Niger is because his speechwriters are worried he'll mispronounce the country's name.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jurgan posted:

I heard someone say that the real reason Trump won't talk about the attack in Niger is because his speechwriters are worried he'll mispronounce the country's name.

He'll start talking about the things his daddy told him about them nigers and then oh boy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I love all these "wacky crazy senator Wilson making stuff up" cartoons because the widow now has come out and publically verified Wilson's account of the call while saying Trump is an rear end in a top hat

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Brexit brigade – Academics criticised a Tory MP after he wrote to all universities asking them to declare what they are teaching about Brexit and to provide a list of teachers’ names"

Telegraph:

Xi Jinping becomes most powerful leader since Mao with China's change to constitution

Independent:

245 people jump off a bridge together

Times:

After Suggs et al.

Evening Standard:

David Davis says he ‘expects and intends’ Commons vote on Brexit deal

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mods plz do the needful

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I love all these "wacky crazy senator Wilson making stuff up" cartoons because the widow now has come out and publically verified Wilson's account of the call while saying Trump is an rear end in a top hat

Ahem, she’s in the House, not the Senate. Clearly you know nothing about this issue and your opinion can’t be trusted.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

God bless :allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

On Twitter, Kelly used the term "Odumbo" to refer to the previous president, thus forfeiting any claim to being the mature, responsible one.

Fake account yo.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Now who's the kind fellow sharing this anti-Semitic edit of a Horsey cartoon? A Rutgers professor of food science, apparently.
Does this mean Horsey is going to become an alt-right fascist in a few years :ohdear:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I think as the cartoons in this thread show, you can lay out all the fact about Clinton - what she's achieved, her high points, her blunders, what she's done well, where she's screwed up, her character, her temperment, whatever.

And people will still prefer the version of Hillary they cooked up in their head. Most of the time it's not "more right than Obama less charamastic, but still did a fair bit for social issues and seems like a good politican" but IS A SUPER CRIMINAL WHO HAS COMMITTED ALL THE CRIMES EVER AND COVERED THEM UP AND PLOTS TO BLOCK OUT THE SUN PROBABLY.

She's not the most exciting canidate ever, but she was a solid Democrat canidate. I'm probably not gonna read "What Happened", at least not in the short term, but I have read some articles on it, and it seems she got blindsided, had too much personal baggage, and couldn't adapt to a hostile enviroment fast enough.

(Plus Russia).

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) conducted raids on the Australia Workers Union (AWU) to obtain documents about the opposition leader Bill Shorten who was former union secretary and donations to activist group GetUp a decade ago.

These cartoons were probably made yesterday before revelations that, despite employment minister Michaelia Cash's assurances that neither her nor her office tipped off the media about the raids, one of her senior staff members did in fact contact the media.

Broelman:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'm the cartoonist who is shocked that a man who ran Gitmo might be a scumbag.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Fake account yo.
But it sounds so genuine!

https://twitter.com/GenJohnFKellly/status/914317123681361920

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jurgan posted:

"Niger? Yeah, he was a real loser, but I'm the president now, the best president"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Fake account yo.

I'm new to Twitter, so not surprising I'd fall for that. I've avoided Twitter for years, but since it now seems to be the origin of public policy for the federal government I felt I should pay attention. That was probably a mistake.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

I'm new to Twitter, so not surprising I'd fall for that. I've avoided Twitter for years, but since it now seems to be the origin of public policy for the federal government I felt I should pay attention. That was probably a mistake.

Look at the account description:

quote:

White House Chief of Staff, Retired 4 Star General @USMC, I Enjoy Parody Roast Covfefe with 2 Shots of Liberal Tears, Parody Account #MAGA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Now I want an animated Kelly holiday special

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Now I want an animated Kelly holiday special
It would be half-assed and have thinly-veiled, passived-aggressive attacks on his editors for making him stoop to such a level :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

• Locked thread