Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

WOMEN AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIMES OF EVERY MAN THEY'VE EVER MET

Maybe the next time you fuckheads start the "Samantha Bee is a racist hoor who reminds me too much of my mommy" argument you could actually read the rebuttals. Or read Amber Tamblyn's recent essay. Or read anything, by any woman, loving ever.

Hillary Clinton is a vile human being, both for seeking the endorsement and friendship of Henry Kissinger, and for pushing for regime change in Libya and reducing it to a permanent warzone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Oh no Condiv repeated a lie, I better repeat my rebuttal and get trapped in this cycle forever. Thus sexism is saved!

maybe don't praise republicans if you don't want your "look at this leftist" stuff thrown back in your face. no-one forced you to

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

tekz posted:

Hillary Clinton is a vile human being, both for seeking the endorsement and friendship of Henry Kissinger, and for pushing for regime change in Libya and reducing it to a permanent warzone.

would you

a. call her worse than kissinger himself

and

b. call her worse than obama

just wondering how consistent your line of reasoning is, tia

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

You called a lot of true criticism of Clinton propaganda. I'm just using your vernacular.

"But it's truuuueeee" is by far the laziest defense of bigotry. It's not true, you're just a piece of poo poo. That's true. And if I had Koch money you'd even believe it yourself, because you're loving stupid and anything you hear often enough is magically a fact.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Please, TB never gives away the game. I haven't seen anything like it since the time of Fishmech.

Excellent. :munch:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
For the record, I'm just as uneasy over any other person that admires Kissinger or adopts Kissinger style ForPol coming anywhere near a position to influence foreign policy. I think Tulsi Gabbard is fine in a domestic position but would be a terrible choice for president/secretary/anything involving interacting with other countries, for example. I guess she's my HRC in that regard.

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

tekz posted:

I guess anyone who doesn't join in on the Clinton hate train will receive the fate promised by Gaddafi to the people of Benghazi, too, lol. If only people could manage to criticize American imperialism without coming to the conclusion that dictatorships are generally good, so long as they rule over people of color.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

stone cold posted:

would you

a. call her worse than kissinger himself

and

b. call her worse than obama

just wondering how consistent your line of reasoning is, tia

What are you

talking about

moron

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

tekz posted:

What are you

talking about

moron

is it worse to be friends with kissinger or to be kissinger

sorry if you can’t read too good, let me know if that’s a hard question to answer and i’ll rephrase

:kiddo:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

stone cold posted:

is it worse to be friends with kissinger or to be kissinger

sorry if you can’t read too good, let me know if that’s a hard question to answer and i’ll rephrase

:kiddo:

it's deffo worse to be kissinger imo

being friends with him is bad tho

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Condiv posted:

it's deffo worse to be kissinger imo

being friends with him is bad tho

okay cool so the second part of the question now that that’s answered is

is it worse to be obama or clinton, tia

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

"But it's truuuueeee" is by far the laziest defense of bigotry. It's not true, you're just a piece of poo poo. That's true. And if I had Koch money you'd even believe it yourself, because you're loving stupid and anything you hear often enough is magically a fact.

It's true that she associates with Kissinger and sought his endorsement.
It's true she called black kids superpredators.
It's true that she praised Trump for bombing Syria and would have done so as well.
It's true that she gloated about Gaddafi being killed.
It's true that she said that women who voted for Trump did so because their husbands told them to.
It's true that she likened universal healthcare to ponies.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

It's true that she associates with Kissinger and sought his endorsement.
It's true she called black kids superpredators.
It's true that she praised Trump for bombing Syria and would have done so as well.
It's true that she gloated about Gaddafi being killed.
It's true that she said that women who voted for Trump did so because their husbands told them to.
It's true that she likened universal healthcare to ponies.

Lmao look at yourself. Just loving look. Did you know 99.9% of poor households have refrigerators.

To the less hopeless among you: When I say that this thread is full of people uncritically parroting right-wing talking points, this is the guy I mean.

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006
well i'm glad it's extremely woke to defend despicable right-wing politicians like Henry Kissinger and Hillary Clinton

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006

Lmao look at yourself. Just loving look. Did you know 99.9% of poor households have refrigerators.

To the less hopeless among you: When I say that this thread is full of people uncritically parroting right-wing talking points, this is the guy I mean.

which of those is a right wing talking point

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I.G.Y. posted:

well i'm glad it's extremely woke to defend despicable right-wing politicians like Henry Kissinger and Hillary Clinton

Great now repeat this a dozen times or so so the next person who accuses me of being Dread Pirate Slashie will get mixed up and call me Kissinger instead.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

stone cold posted:

Considering one was president and the other only failed at becoming it twice, Obama is worse.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

obama got endorsed by fellow war criminal to kissinger, colin powell

colin powell, who got his start covering up my lai

out of curiosity, were y’all just as mad back then, and if not, why do cambodian, laotian, and vietnamese lives matter more to you than iraqi, tia

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stone cold posted:

I'd say that they're bad in different ways with their own glimmers of good that make it hard to compare; Obama is a lying snake that capitulated to the right at every chance both legislatively and narratively, but he genuinely didn't want to continue the whole World Police crap. Meanwhile HRC's stances on foreign policy can be generously boiled down to "t-rex escapes from cage, eats all countries", but she's typically been honest about herself (and even attempts to triangulate have had an air of halfheartedness that makes hard to take seriously as conjobs) and has been genuinely consistent in furthering womens rights.

Basically they both had the worst possible seats in Obama's first term, and ironically had they been swapped I'd imagine there would be significantly less controversy from the left WRT those four years.

E: on the 'both were endorsed by Kissinger' front: one proudly boasts of being mentored by him, and very clearly shows evidence of such.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

stone cold posted:

that's a really tough one to answer at the moment, considering how short obama's political career was/has been compared to hillary's. i'd prefer to give that one a bit longer to see what more we learn about obama, because his stock with me has been plummeting really badly

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006

Great now repeat this a dozen times or so so the next person who accuses me of being Dread Pirate Slashie will get mixed up and call me Kissinger instead.

what are you talking about

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I love that massacring protesters is considered good now. Or that people are coming around to endorse the utterly believable conspiracy theory that the Arab Spring was created by the CIA in order to overthrow US-backed dictatorial governments.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

stone cold posted:

out of curiosity, were y’all just as mad back then, and if not, why do cambodian, laotian, and vietnamese lives matter more to you than iraqi, tia

Socratic dialogue as imagined by liberals with severe brain damage.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

who is a us politician whose fopo y’all approve of and if any of you say tulsi, stop posting forever

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

tekz posted:

Don't sign your posts.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

tekz posted:

hm, no

but thanks for not answering

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

stone cold posted:

hm, no

but thanks for not answering

You've got me; I love Barack Obama and want to kiss him on the lips.

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006
Kissinger should have a war crimes trial and be executed and hell, so should Hillary Clinton

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WOMEN AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRIMES OF EVERY MAN THEY'VE EVER MET

Maybe the next time you fuckheads start the "Samantha Bee is a racist hoor who reminds me too much of my mommy" argument you could actually read the rebuttals. Or read Amber Tamblyn's recent essay. Or read anything, by any woman, loving ever.

She and Bill could choose not to be friends with him. Instead of being Kissingers best friend. Got to love the deranged hilbot.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

So true criticisms of Clinton is right wing propaganda again.

Do you have any criticism for Clinton?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stone cold posted:

who is a us politician whose fopo y’all approve of and if any of you say tulsi, stop posting forever

Washington, if only because America was still a lovely colony without the means to harm other countries at that point, and his exit speech warned of the effects of abandoning isolationism after obtaining a precarious freedom.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

tekz posted:

This but not ironically. I hope he is wearing his tan suit .

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
When you think about it, Abraham Lincoln was one of the worst Presidents of the United States for supporting regime change in Mexico against the legitimate Maximilian government. Such a shocking act of wanton imperialism against an modernizing and reforming monarch must go down as one of the evillest acts of the United States of America.

Neurolimal posted:

Washington, if only because America was still a lovely colony without the means to harm other countries at that point, and his exit speech warned of the effects of abandoning isolationism after obtaining a precarious freedom.

So the war against the Ohio Confederacy and American actions with Haiti don't count, and you teeter on the edge of endorsing Herrenvolkisch ideas. Wonderful.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nikalajoga posted:

I love that massacring protesters is considered good now. Or that people are coming around to endorse the utterly believable conspiracy theory that the Arab Spring was created by the CIA in order to overthrow US-backed dictatorial governments.

:confused: where is this even coming from?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

tekz posted:

cool cool cool

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006

stone cold posted:

this is some very high level concern trolling that doesn't account for people developing politically in the past literal decade. but liberals have no sense of history anyways

Nikalajoga
Sep 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

:confused: where is this even coming from?

Some of y'all deciding to stan for Gaddafi.

I.G.Y.
May 5, 2006
somehow i doubt that you're actually that mad about any of that stuff. you just want to score some points for team kkkillary

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

counterpoint: indigenous peoples, slaves, etc

Nikalajoga posted:

When you think about it, Abraham Lincoln was one of the worst Presidents of the United States for supporting regime change in Mexico against the legitimate Maximilian government. Such a shocking act of wanton imperialism against an modernizing and reforming monarch must go down as one of the evillest acts of the United States of America.

all american presidents have been bad, some just less worse than others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Its not misogynist to denounce Hillary Clinton for being good friends with a war criminal. You bunch of loving freaks.

• Locked thread