Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Rest in Peace, City of Villains

You were bad

And then you were really good

And then you were canceled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

It’s still a full sequel to a game people put tons of hours into and what they delivered is mediocre as all hell. If From released a new Souls game with a few new areas but all of the same weapons, spells, enemies, and bosses they’d get absolutely reamed for it but for some reason Bungie mostly gets a pass.

To show just how lazy the content for a sequel it is: They didn't even add any new character creation options. I didn't see a single one.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

It’s still a full sequel to a game people put tons of hours into and what they delivered is mediocre as all hell. If From released a new Souls game with a few new areas but all of the same weapons, spells, enemies, and bosses they’d get absolutely reamed for it but for some reason Bungie mostly gets a pass.

Looking at the user reviews for this game, I don't think it got a pass from many other people.

Every stream I visited also featured people either being bored, or people complaining about the game.

So I hear Warframe is pretty good.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hello, I made a tacky as gently caress robot guy who throws flaming hammers. poo poo's pretty good.

I'm glad this is my first Destiny game, I know this stuff may be old news and boring to a lot of people but it's fresh and exciting here :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

1stGear posted:

The only explanation I can think for the other Guardians not getting their Light back is that it was a one-time deal and the short cutscene or 10 seconds of dialogue it would have taken to explain this was left out cause Bungo.

when i unlocked my third subclass the ghost mentioned how maybe the shard should give some of its power to the other guardians, so there it's not a plothole if the game is meta about it!!!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS has 29 spots remaining. This is the last overflow we are doing involving delicious sausage like things.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2752490

They’re also only 5K xp away from lvl 3. Noice.

Dvlos and I joined this one tonight.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Whats the overchill discord? Link in the OP is expired.

Seems to be working now...

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 26, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting an error where there are occasionally no NPCs or enemies. Apparently it has something to do with port forwarding or something, but the fixes seem to be hit or miss at best.

This is probably the worst experience I've ever had with a AAA game, which kind of sucks because the game is fun when it's actually working.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I was running shadowplay last night and I'm not banned (yet). I turned it off though just in case.

Also question, is anyone else getting random crashes? I'm not on an AMD CPU and the game crashes every thirty minutes to an hour. It really loving sucks because I have to I keep having to restart missions and poo poo. I can't find any fixes besides running the battle.net app repair util which I've done a couple times or updating drivers which I've also already done.

I am, from time to time, the game just freezes and I have to end the process and restart it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Dvlos and I joined this one tonight.

Baller. There’s also a HOTDOG discord in the OP. Link is still active. Really, anybody from any clan can join. We have a good time. I balance my life around about 8 discords. Really enjoy reading the 3 Density 2 discords. Lots of cool people everywhere.

I love this game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS has 29 spots remaining. This is the last overflow we are doing involving delicious sausage like things.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2752490

They’re also only 5K xp away from lvl 3. Noice.

three spots left before the third HOTDOG group fills up, so I'll post a HOT DOGGO group again for when it does!!

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2120274

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

quote:

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

All the best, goon who got banned on here previously. Hope they overturned yours.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Baller. There’s also a HOTDOG discord in the OP. Link is still active.

Sorry, which one is that exactly?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Sorry, which one is that exactly?

https://discord.gg/YASxVWF

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
You guys don't need to keep creating new overflow groups. Just join my clan that already exists. MI Heroes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't stop wanting to punch all the things in Destiny 2. I love it.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Does anybody know how to unbind weapon switching on the scroll-wheel? I like to melee with middle mouse, but I find myself changing weapons accidentally.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I bet there was a whole bunch of people banned in error. Having that update at the bottom of the "if you were banned you were banned for a reason" post just seems too much like sweeping it under the rug and hoping people forget.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I can't stop wanting to punch all the things in Destiny 2. I love it.

I just imagine my exo warlock being super friendly, but accidentally devouring people with his high-fives.

"Hey there stranger, how you...oops, happened again."

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Subbz posted:

I bet there was a whole bunch of people banned in error. Having that update at the bottom of the "if you were banned you were banned for a reason" post just seems too much like sweeping it under the rug and hoping people forget.

Wait what is this?

Bungie posted:

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

loving lmao they absolutely hosed up big time. I hope chill PC goon got unbanned.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So i went home, rebooted my PC, fired up battle.net and found that I was.....

....not banned any more.

I don't know what the hell, but whatever, i've been spending the past few hours playing. Not going to complain.

:harambe:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cimber? Any updates on your ban status?

The fact that they're walking back some of the bans totally puts me a lot more at ease.

Since it looks like you missed it, they updated their news post from earlier :

quote:

Glad you were one of the ones who got back in.

khy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 26, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cimber posted:

So i went home, rebooted my PC, fired up battle.net and found that I was.....

....not banned any more.

I don't know what the hell, but whatever, i've been spending the past few hours playing. Not going to complain.

:harambe:

This is good. I hope everyone who quickly dismissed the massive amount of people on the Bungie forums and Reddit complaining about being banned as being an echo chamber powered by 400 banned cheaters take back their hurtful worlds and buy you some eververse silver or whatever.

Edit: very telling that they put a number to the banned cheaters and 4 unbanned former cheaters and did NOT put a number on the recently rolled back group.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

What skill is the bad Void hunter skill? I know not to get the 6-shot sungun talent and the talent that turns the void bomb into slow, missing homing missiles

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I played Destiny for the first month and didn't go back to it so in comparison Destiny 2 is way better.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Atoramos posted:

What skill is the bad Void hunter skill? I know not to get the 6-shot sungun talent and the talent that turns the void bomb into slow, missing homing missiles

Bottom tree's rightmost talent, which lets you shoot a fuckton of bad useless quivers instead of one good one.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
once they fix my biggest complaint is that now I know where no man's sky got the horrendous UI

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
got a core 3 man group going and it's been super, super fun so far. we'll probably break for pubg from time to time so as to not rush through all the content too fast, but preliminary verdict is d2 on pc owns.

Eej posted:

I played Destiny for the first month and didn't go back to it so in comparison Destiny 2 is way better.

for lols i fired up destiny 1 and it's basically an unplayable slideshow in comparison

also hi eej.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bottom tree's rightmost talent, which lets you shoot a fuckton of bad useless quivers instead of one good one.

Any other notable bad skills that aren't Six-Shooter, Cataclysm and Moebius Quiver?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Are there any other bad traits? I already know about the gunslinger one.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
What is it that makes Six-Shooter bad ? Cause I wanted to roll a hunter as alt-class and was looking forward to that skill, since it sounded great on paper.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Atoramos posted:

Any other notable bad skills that aren't Six-Shooter, Cataclysm and Moebius Quiver?

I actually love cataclysm. But it's....not great for pvp.

The other maybe questionable one is the one that gives your dawnblade warlock in air accuracy. I can't remember why people don't like it but I think it fucks with your jumping and guns aren't even that accurate in air anyway.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is good. I hope everyone who quickly dismissed the massive amount of people on the Bungie forums and Reddit complaining about being banned as being an echo chamber powered by 400 banned cheaters take back their hurtful worlds and buy you some eververse silver or whatever.

Edit: very telling that they put a number to the banned cheaters and 4 unbanned former cheaters and did NOT put a number on the recently rolled back group.

Yeah, what a poo poo show. I'm really amused they went from "4" to "a group" lmao.

The people saying "good, cya cheater" have gone quiet/deleted their posts. How very sheepish, and dumb of them to drink the Bungie kool-aid.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

Is there a special trick to actually run into other people doing Public Events? Like go into orbit then come back, or go to town and come back...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

remeez posted:

Is there a special trick to actually run into other people doing Public Events? Like go into orbit then come back, or go to town and come back...

Just rezone to the same area. No need for orbit.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hammerstein posted:

What is it that makes Six-Shooter bad ? Cause I wanted to roll a hunter as alt-class and was looking forward to that skill, since it sounded great on paper.

It makes it less that half the time, and now the shots do 1/2 the dmg.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

remeez posted:

You can try re teleporting to the same area while you're in the area. You can also do this if you finish an event very quickly and possibly snag a second one.

After the first week or so when everyone bails you'll only reliably get them on the flashpoint planet.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

1stGear posted:

The only explanation I can think for the other Guardians not getting their Light back is that it was a one-time deal and the short cutscene or 10 seconds of dialogue it would have taken to explain this was left out cause Bungo.

it's time to stop with 'Bungo', 'Bungee' and the rest of the nicknames. Seriously. These guys have created and crafted a company to build you a game (and yes, to make themselves money) and you sit there and make up names like a 5 year old would. Show some respect dudes and dudettes. This community is 100x better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Minrad posted:

it's time to stop with 'Bungo', 'Bungee' and the rest of the nicknames. Seriously. These guys have created and crafted a company to build you a game (and yes, to make themselves money) and you sit there and make up names like a 5 year old would. Show some respect dudes and dudettes. This community is 100x better than this.

i can't even tell us this is a joke anymore, the internet has broken my brain

• Locked thread