Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

biglads posted:

So when do Coutts become owners of the Stimpire lore?

The worst kind of investment

e: stompy catte

https://i.imgur.com/1e1gCDO.gifv

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
goons with their hurtful lies, like "get your money out of this dumb game" and maybe "Chris Roberts isn't the gaming God you think he is"

worse than watching a dog slowly die in a hot car

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Today is a good day

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We are days away from CitizenCon, and CIG are hyping a $850 concept sale and a website redesign.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh my god where do you find these! :love:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol dear reddit friends

you don't have to archive my posts

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

First is the iconic concierge symbol — the top hat and monocle. We’ve heard your feedback on this flair item and are working to make it wearable in-game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tokamak posted:

We are days away from CitizenCon, and CIG are hyping a $850 concept sale and a website redesign.

But soon, soon my friend, you will hear something great. It will probably be this:

“This was our vision all along. This is... Star Citizen.” and then Chris will take half a breath, “But now we’re moving on to another fresh kickstarter project! Entry donations start at $5k for your name to be in the game! It’s an open world exploration game over an entire solar system! Millions of players! Meshing technology!”

Next to him, the computer running Star Citizen grinds to a halt before the “Star Citizen has encountered a problem!” dialog box pops on screen with the percentage bar slowly etching along its path.

Chris Roberts pats the computer and says, “We look forward to your continued support in our next breakthrough game!”

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

lol dear reddit friends

you don't have to archive my posts

Archiving and quoting this post for posterity.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
caughtupwiththethread.gif

Also, does anyone have a countdown timer for us here on the opposite side of the planet?

Citizen Con is going to be a blast, time to buy back in!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

But soon, soon my friend, you will hear something great. It will probably be this:

“This was our vision all along. This is... Star Citizen.” and then Chris will take half a breath, “But now we’re moving on to another fresh kickstarter project! Entry donations start at $5k for your name to be in the game! It’s an open world exploration game over an entire solar system! Millions of players! Meshing technology!”

Next to him, the computer running Star Citizen grinds to a halt before the “Star Citizen has encountered a problem!” dialog box pops on screen with the percentage bar slowly etching along its path.

Chris Roberts pats the computer and says, “We look forward to your continued support in our next breakthrough game!”

Remember how he kept saying his game world had 10000 sextillion km to explore

And it was all totally made up lies

Oh wait poo poo that was today and it was their website

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hell yeah CITCON who else is SUPER AMPED

are they going to do a live demonstration of the game? that's my favourite

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Remember how CitizenCon was delayed for weeks so Chris Roberts could go see a movie with his wife.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
A movie that, ostensibly, neither had anything to do with

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

reddit please see these forever

this one is from june this year

TheAgent posted:

hello just wtf is this poo poo

quote:

Release for the MMO portion of Kickstarter's largest game, STAR CITIZEN, is November 17th, 2017. The single player portion of the game will release sometime in 2018.
and this is from loving jan 2017 lol

TheAgent posted:

hello

all of these are god knows how credible
  • chris roberts is transitioning away from any game or art design to focus more on company matters
  • someone close to chris (sean tracy??) will be handling all end stage design and art approvals
  • expect 3.0 features in 2018 at the minimum
  • sqlude is still scheduled for this year
  • sqlude is working off a different engine branch than 2.6/3.0 (???)
  • mocapped assets are undergoing redesigns (again)
  • some mocapped characters have changed due to rewrites, causing dialogue to be re-recorded
  • crawling/wall/fast attacking vanduul were too "problematic," will now stand and fire normally
  • AI still broken (shooting through walls, instakilling the player, animations not firing correctly, spazzing out into the great beyond on death anim)
  • netcode still broken
  • updated design docs are forthcoming and will detail some "minor" changes to scope
  • larger ships with full player crews will be hamstrung fighting against AI ships until problems are fixed
  • larger battles are still not possible (2018/2019 minimum) and SC will focus more on smaller player driven skirmishes
  • end year sales "barely put our nostrils above water"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I remember when people thought that SQ42 prelude was a thing. Good times.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

"This station... it was made for me"

DRR... DRR... DRR

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

Archiving and quoting this post for posterior.
:D

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

Remember how he kept saying his game world had 10000 sextillion km to explore

And it was all totally made up lies

Oh wait poo poo that was today and it was their website

Doesn't matter, had sextillion

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

A movie that, ostensibly, neither had anything to do with

I know. They must have really wanted to see it opening night, instead of a streaming site 2 weeks later.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

hell yeah CITCON who else is SUPER AMPED

are they going to do a live demonstration of the game? that's my favourite

I'm jacked to the tits

We always predict Chris will stumble on stage in a drunken / high state. But by golly I feel like this year it will finally come true

Bonus points if he does a face plant into the stage and Ben comes waddling over to save him , trips on a cable and crushes poor little Chris

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

I'm jacked to the tits

We always predict Chris will stumble on stage in a drunken / high state. But by golly I feel like this year it will finally come true

Bonus points if he does a face plant into the stage and Ben comes waddling over to save him , trips on a cable and crushes poor little Chris

JUST DO IT!!1

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Thoatse posted:

JUST DO IT!!1

poo poo good point

I amend my prediction , he will be so drunk / high his rambling speech will be entirely incomprehensible

gently caress wait that's still not enough

He will give out a new release date ?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am looking forward to the cavernous silences where once were cheers or good-natured heckles about cryengine

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Hot take incoming, CitizenCon will just be smoke and mirrors(literally) and vague promises of the future.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Games > Star Citizen: Wire Sharks shall determine the past, while Loan Sharks shall determine the future.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Oh my god where do you find these! :love:

People just leave them lying around on the internet so I archer the ones I like best and share :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lt_Tofu posted:

Hot take incoming, CitizenCon will just be smoke and mirrors(literally) and vague promises of the future.

:eyepop:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cymelion is basically Pat from achewood

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lt_Tofu posted:

Remember how CitizenCon was delayed for weeks so Chris Roberts could go see a movie with his wife.

Turned out to be a movie without his wife. Surprise!

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax
It should be cringy but they have to make the money. The project can't be allowed to fail. They can't be allowed to stop. They have to pay. CiG, the backers, even the innocent entry-level staff. They have to pay for wasting the angel cash that rightfully belonged to me competent companies.

I want to see Chris, 5 years in the future, hawking even more bloat for an even more broken game. I want him to get the smallest bits of false hope that will keep him talking and gesticulating, long after he can't even see the dreams anymore. I want the yes-men to give less and less effort. I want the artists to fondly welcome the reworks. Always teetering on bankruptcy, personality conflicts and fights, with a workforce that contracts and expands with the smallest shifts in funding. It must destroy them all completely, and they can never stop.

That guy talking about pain amplifiers and deskeletonization had some good ideas, but this is the real poo poo.

fritzgryphon fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 26, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

fritzgryphon posted:

It should be cringy but they have to make the money. The project can't be allowed to fail.

Sunk cost fallacy is a real thing. And so long people have ships and don't want to give up on the archered JPEG's they will continue to fund CIG.

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax

no_recall posted:

Sunk cost fallacy is a real thing. And so long people have ships and don't want to give up on the archered JPEG's they will continue to fund CIG.

I hope you're right. I just hope there isn't too big a shock. Might have to get a job so I can buy a ship.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

alf_pogs posted:

cymelion is basically Pat from achewood

Garfield hates Mondays and I don't see everyone trying to beat him up on the internet.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

tuo posted:

a short, sudden and foremost real feeling of helplessness, terror and panic, similar to realizing in real world that an accident is happening and you are in the middle of it.

but enough about Star Citizen

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

TheAgent posted:

last I got it's been folded into the PU

you'll probably see a few NPCs there, like Pusher or Oldman, as questgivers as they try to sort out all the single player poo poo

wouldn't surprise me if they straight up refunded everyone with a $15 separate package, because producing sq42 is going to take another 4 years and probably an additional $150m minimum

More likely they give people a $15 coupon that can only be used on warbond purchases over $100.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Remember everyone.

Star Citizen has NEVER been done before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzC9R4UBpc

Certainly not by some loving Russians before Star Citizen was ever announced.

And certainly not with 160 million (rubles)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
CIG New Payment Mechanics

Buy PU for $60. - Free Aurora! Yay! Free 1000 UEC, 10 aUEC (Deal!)

10 UEC = $1
1 aUEC = $1

Buy SQ42 Prelude Token (must have PU Module) - $15
Buy SQ42 Episode 1 (must have PU Module + Prelude) - $30 (Comes with Unlockable Military Aurora)
Buy SQ42 Episode 2 -Meet the Oldman (Must have all the above) - $30
Buy SQ42 Episode 3 - Meet Commissioner Gordon (Must have all the above) - $30
Buy SQ42 Episode 4 - Meet Vic's Mom (Must have all the above) - $30
Buy SQ42 Episode 5 - Meet the Onion Knight - $30

Or subscribe at a low rate of $15 a month to play all the above when it launches and get a very special subscribers bundle in your inbox at the end of every month!

(Original Content, do not Archer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Turned out to be a movie without his wife. Surprise!

I just realized that Roberts sat through the entirety of American Satan wishing he could make a deal with a devil for success of his "game".

Sucks to be you Roberts, the devil doesn't exist and there's no supernatural force to save the poo poo game/movie you have created.