Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Christ that was a weird game. I fought crimson fists primaris backed up by a stormtalon, missile devs and las centurions and after rolling utter trash for all of round 1 I won the game having only lost the repulsor, an intercessor squad and 4 terminators.

It was one of those games where you go from exasperated at how badly things are going to feeling bad about crushing your opponent into the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The 'Feminist 40k' page on Facebook is a loving goldmine for grogs pissing and crying about the womz. That people post that poo poo with their real names and poo poo fully on display is magical.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Jesus. This is why I refuse to talk politics with anyone at a gaming store. How did that thread go from "better inclusion and representation of females in tabletop gaming" to:

Gamers are garbage.

LordAba posted:

Genestealer cult is going to be even worse. Unless they actually get a few models.

I honestly have no idea what GSC even comprises.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zuul the Cat posted:

Jesus. This is why I refuse to talk politics with anyone at a gaming store. How did that thread go from "better inclusion and representation of females in tabletop gaming" to:

That went from 0 - 60 for no reason. There is a big difference between "I want inclusion" and crazy-feminist-manhater.

Plus he is wrong, modern intersection feminism wants to segregate us based on race. Or was that the Russians tricking us into getting Trump elected? Hard to say.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We've got a live one:

quote:

The idea that guys are driving women away from the hobby is absurd. The nature of the game and lore itself is exactly the kind of thing guys like us love but women typically have little or no interest in, and that's fine. Altering the fluff and models in order to be inclusive would be a disaster.

The postmodernists will not be appeased by removing fur from models and throwing in a few female heads to space marine and IG kits. They'll push for more and more until our hobby is unrecognisable. Don't give them an inch.

OUR HOBBY!!!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

I honestly have no idea what GSC even comprises.

Patriarch
Magus
Primus
Iconward

Neophytes
Acolytes
Metamorphs
Aberants
Purestrains

Cult Russ
Cult Chimera
Cult Sentinels
Golaith
Rockcrusher

Plus all the Guard Broodbrother stuff, though that's only a technically thing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SteelMentor posted:

Patriarch
Magus
Primus
Iconward

Neophytes
Acolytes
Metamorphs
Aberants
Purestrains

Cult Russ
Cult Chimera
Cult Sentinels
Golaith
Rockcrusher

Plus all the Guard Broodbrother stuff, though that's only a technically thing.

It may be a technically, but it also helps give their roster a massive fluff-up even after the nerf. It's also easier to mod the models to look under the influence of the Cult than it is to, say, make Imperium units look like AdMech, while also preserving faction cohesion.

They also have a transport, which Admech don't.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

'Postmodernists'? 80s/90s 40k was pretty loving postmodern if memory serves.

I mean, the Imperium is basically if Foucault's Discipline & Punish was taken as an instruction manual.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Endman posted:

I mean, the Imperium is basically if Foucault's Discipline & Punish was taken as an instruction manual.

40k being so beloved by actual fascists is so strange considering that it was pretty loving left-wing at the start. The Imperium is basically one massive example of fascism left unchecked, and it runs as deep as even Ghazghkull being named after Thatcher.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Endman posted:

Right Wing types love to hold up Postmodernism as the embodiment of everything they hate. Intersectionality, Feminism, LGBT, cultural criticism, whatever.

As you can tell they have no loving clue what they're talking about. Surprise surprise.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

40k being so beloved by actual fascists is so strange considering that it was pretty loving left-wing at the start. The Imperium is basically one massive example of fascism left unchecked, and it runs as deep as even Ghazghkull being named after Thatcher.

Funnily enough, a lot of the fash types I've encountered love the poo poo out of Fantasy more than 40k.

If there's one good thing AoS did, it seemed to have scared a lot of them off.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

SteelMentor posted:

Funnily enough, a lot of the fash types I've encountered love the poo poo out of Fantasy more than 40k.

If there's one good thing AoS did, it seemed to have scared a lot of them off.

goddamn weird considering the sigmarine iconography.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Der Waffle Mous posted:

goddamn weird considering the sigmarine iconography.

They were all huge into Empire/Bretonnia/High Elves.

Something about pseudo-European empires crushing hordes of invading black people Greenskins must have been what had them popping heils all over Fantasy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SteelMentor posted:

The 'Feminist 40k' page on Facebook is a loving goldmine for grogs pissing and crying about the womz. That people post that poo poo with their real names and poo poo fully on display is magical.

Link?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

None of those guys knows what postmodern actually means, it’s just a standin for generic Academic Thing To Hate.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

https://www.facebook.com/Feminist40K/

Doesn't take a long search through the comments to find something juicy, hell the page posts up some of the best stuff they get sent via messages.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SteelMentor posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Feminist40K/

Doesn't take a long search through the comments to find something juicy, hell the page posts up some of the best stuff they get sent via messages.

Yeah. Reading that I immensely regret that "Bolter Bitches" joke I made a few months ago and really appreciate how quickly everyone here shut that down. More communities should do the same.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Zuul the Cat posted:

I love that he brings up teachers, as if there was any doubt he's a literal child.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I love that he brings up teachers, as if there was any doubt he's a literal child.

I deal with people like this all the time in my upper division classes. It's super irritating. They take a single college class and they think they're experts on everything.

I live and go to college in Orange County, CA which is pretty heavily conservative. I can't tell you the amount of people that come from conservative backgrounds that go to a history class and have their worldview shattered then spend the rest of the semester smugly countering everyone with bullshit arguments they got off youtube.

This is what perpetuates that notion of "teachers are brainwashing us into liberals!"

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Every time I glue a Statuesque Female head into one of my Death Watch models, I whisper softly, "Kill all men" like a solemn prayer. I roll nothing but 6's.

All praises to the Empress of Mankind.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Crazy Ferret posted:

This is something I can get behind.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Crazy Ferret posted:

Every time I glue a Statuesque Female head into one of my Death Watch models, I whisper softly, "Kill all men" like a solemn prayer. I roll nothing but 6's.

Ahem, God-Empress. :colbert:

Or would it be Goddess-Empress?

E: Can you imagine the oceans of grog tears if they suddenly made Big E a woman?
It would be glorious.

E2: VVVVVV I thought so to, yeah. Goddess-Empress is way to clunky.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 26, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

Ahem, God-Empress. :colbert:

God-Empress sounds better.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'm still fully down with the idea that Leman Russ was always a woman, and Imperial history is trying desperately to forget it and hope she doesn't come back and lay waste to it. If only because of how :black101: the image of a woman in terminator armor breaking a whiny MRA-Primarch over her knee is.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm still fully down with the idea that Leman Russ was always a woman, and Imperial history is trying desperately to forget it and hope she doesn't come back and lay waste to it. If only because of how :black101: the image of a woman in terminator armor breaking a whiny MRA-Primarch over her knee is.

I 100% support this idea.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Communism posted:

Dark Angels do have a secret.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Liquid Communism posted:

Are you suggesting Magnus is a MRA?
Fair.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I dug out my Night Lords models and decided to see how many points everything is worth. I've got roughly 1300 points, and the only detachment I can actually make is a Patrol. gently caress.
I haven't played since 4th edition, so everything was built around the old Force Organization charts. I could get another HQ, split a CSM squad and have a battalion I guess.
I am also lacking in nearly any kind of anti-armor. My lone Predator isn't going to cut it on it's own. I built this army for speed and fighting mass infantry (mainly my buddy's Orks).

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Having run out of Kitchen Nightmares episodes, I now leave old seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation in the background while painting and it's loving magical

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

Are you suggesting Magnus is a MRA?
Fair.

Whiny sorcerer whose own immaturity and 'gently caress YOU DAD' attitude sold him and all his buddies to Chaos? Absolutely.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Whiny sorcerer whose own immaturity and 'gently caress YOU DAD' attitude sold him and all his buddies to Chaos? Absolutely.

About same for edgelord Lorgar then.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Liquid Communism posted:

But enough about Konrad Curze

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I mean, Magnus was arguably the least goony neckbeard and/or entitled whiny edgelord of all of the nine that fell to Chaos. That's saying something.

Except maybe Angron. That dude was just really loving angry.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Liquid Communism posted:

Checks out. As does his "Did nothing wrong" bunch of idiot online supporters.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Liquid Communism posted:

This is the only acceptable way to make what Magnus did his fault :colbert:

e: Magnus as an MRA makes lots of sense; but "TOTALLY DON'T USE PSYKER POWERS GUYS" was dumb, and "YOU BROKE MY WALL AND I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ABOUT HORUS" was dumber.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 26, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

LordAba posted:

Dark Angels do have a secret.

Lionelle Jonson

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

e: Magnus as an MRA makes lots of sense; but "TOTALLY DON'T USE PSYKER POWERS GUYS" was dumb, and "YOU BROKE MY WALL AND I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ABOUT HORUS" was dumber.

Yeah. It serves nicely to point out that Emps is not omnibenevolent or really 'good' in the moral sense, though, which is pretty excellent.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
All these anti-fem40k folks like Arch have been trying to make "feminids" a thing for a few weeks now and they're too thick to realize we love it. They don't even believe us when we tell them. Meme Magick at work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, and for those of you doubting how well it works, I give you some dictionary love:

lem·an
ˈlemən/Submit
nounarchaic
noun: leman; plural noun: lemans
a lover or sweetheart.
an illicit lover, especially a mistress.

:black101:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
No wonder the 30k model is beardless, it could totally pass for a chick (especially considering primarch-level geneseeds possibly making denser facial bone structures) :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

goose willis posted:

Having run out of Kitchen Nightmares episodes, I now leave old seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation in the background while painting and it's loving magical

Play the Degrassi drinking game too! Drink every time it Goes There.

Post your results.