Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

sassassin posted:

It's 2am here I'm sure someone will flick the go switch as soon as the office is open.

Well I don't see why I should have to wait just because they're based in the wrong time zone :colbert:

What about my needs, CA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nephthys posted:

The big problem with Araby is that I think CA said they wanted every new faction to start with 4 LL's which sounds kind of insane. B ut even without that they're pretty pressed for space with how compressed that part of the map is in the game.

Somewhat of a problem, but not necessarily a showstopper. Alberic d'Bordeleaux from Bretonnia is essentially based on just a tidbit of information from an old supplement and he's turned into a full fledged lord. That's the way you'd likely have to go about it with Araby, excluding the Golden Magus from Dreadfleet and Jaffar (though him literally being Jaffar from Aladdin might be stretching the stupidity of the whole thing), finding a mention in the fluff of some character and just working from there. I think most of those 9th edition special characters are made up wholesale thole.

With Araby I think it could work pretty well to put two if their characters in Araby, one in the desert and one near the coast with somewhat different playstyles and objectives. Then have one in Lustria, the Grand Magus being a naval dude and kind of an adventurer would fit into this. I also like the idea of putting an Arabyan LL in either the Border Princes or the Badlands as that would spice up those regions. For this last dude they could just grab someone mentioned in the fluff or use on the RoR named characters like al-Mukhtar (though he's originally from the Empire).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 26, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just make Araby the Alin from Rise of Legends and there you go.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Wonder how compatible current mods will be with ME. Most of the mods I used in TWW1 still worked between patches even without being updated, but this is a pretty major change. How am I supposed to play this game without cleaner_witch_elf_titties.pack or whatever

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they have permission to make new units right? they don't have to be drawn from existing background info. just make up some new dudes.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

they have permission to make new units right? they don't have to be drawn from existing background info. just make up some new dudes.

Yeah it seems like that. It just seems that CA prefers to base their stuff on published GW stuff before making it up wholesale. They certainly seem to have someone working at the company who knows a shitton about old Warhammer fluff at least.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

That title change caused a brief "HOLY poo poo THAT WOULD BE loving AWESOME" before I read the rest

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I keep not finding this thread because I foolishly look for the word Warhhamer when Im looking for the thread about the game called Warhammer.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Vargs posted:

Wonder how compatible current mods will be with ME. Most of the mods I used in TWW1 still worked between patches even without being updated, but this is a pretty major change. How am I supposed to play this game without cleaner_witch_elf_titties.pack or whatever

A lot of the stuff is in the files already but you can be pretty sure a lot of poo poo will be weird if not broken. It's a new campaign and all that entails.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Yeah it seems like that. It just seems that CA prefers to base their stuff on published GW stuff before making it up wholesale. They certainly seem to have someone working at the company who knows a shitton about old Warhammer fluff at least.

Their main writer for Warhammer is Andy Haul, who is literally an old GW dude.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am really excited about the upcoming Dune: Total War game. I wonder if the Tleilaxu will be a playable faction, or will they be more like merchant NPCs? Black market?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

madmac posted:

Their main writer for Warhammer is Andy Haul, who is literally an old GW dude.

Huh, well that makes sense.

Another cool old map. Very relevant for Game 3 stuff. From Chaos Dwarf army book (compiled from White Dwarf articles)

SMP
May 5, 2009

That's a whole lot of barren lands

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's essentially Mordor.

e: The land has pretty much been completely ravaged by the Chaos Dwarfs stripping the earth bare for valuables to power their industry and magic and to build their giant evil citadel-tower in Zharr-Naggrund.

e2: Might make sense for Chaos Dwarfs to use their own kind of corruption. Emanating from their industrial buildings (which should provide a lot of income, maybe also amplified by something akin to the Skaven reactors/hamsterwheels/flooble-yanks) and causing the usual attrition for other factions, but also hurting growth and other factors (- winds of magic for anyone but Chaos Dwarfs maybe?).

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 26, 2017

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SMP posted:

That's a whole lot of barren lands

It is but keep in mind game three will need to include the mountains of mourn as well which are a little more lively with all the warring ogre kingdoms

e: for some reason I can't post the map, here is the direct link http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/8/8a/OgreKingdomsMap.jpg

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 26, 2017

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

LordAbaddon posted:

It is but keep in mind game three will need to include the mountains of mourn as well which are a little more lively with all the warring ogre kingdoms

e: for some reason I can't post the map, here is the direct link http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/8/8a/OgreKingdomsMap.jpg

Likely also Chaos Wastes (to the north of the Chaos Dorf map) will be included and expanded upon if they intend to include God-aligned Chaos factions as well as Daemons, could make for some fun bizarre terrain there if they decide to get weird with it rather than just make it a barren wasteland.

From WHFRP 2nd edition's Tome of Corruption. Random out-of-place terrain for Chaos Wastes.

Also the haunted forest and the dragon isles in that Ogre Kingdom map look like it could be quite the visual feast, and you can probably slap some lizardmen, dragons and High Elf colonies in there to vary things up.

Then there's Ind, which is a bit further to the east, which, if they don't do a human faction there (which I am almost 100% sure they won't do at launch at least, and somewhat the same as regards a DLC faction), at least can be surmised to contain Beastmen (though the fluff states that these are more tigers, panthers and elephants rather than the Old World goats) as well as couple of old High Elf colonies (abandoned, but who cares).

Then there's whatever they decide to do with Cathay and the Great Bastion if they expand the map that far east at all.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 26, 2017

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

It's essentially Mordor.

e: The land has pretty much been completely ravaged by the Chaos Dwarfs stripping the earth bare for valuables to power their industry and magic and to build their giant evil citadel-tower in Zharr-Naggrund.

e2: Might make sense for Chaos Dwarfs to use their own kind of corruption. Emanating from their industrial buildings (which should provide a lot of income, maybe also amplified by something akin to the Skaven reactors/hamsterwheels/flooble-yanks) and causing the usual attrition for other factions, but also hurting growth and other factors (- winds of magic for anyone but Chaos Dwarfs maybe?).

Their corruption of the land should just be good old fashioned pollution.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

Their corruption of the land should just be good old fashioned pollution.

Yeah, pretty much. Their economy buildings should spread their own corruption, industrial pollution, and Chaos Dwarfs should be immune to attrition in Chaos Corrupted lands.

SMP
May 5, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

That's a whole lot of straight mountains. Are the mountains all Mordor'd too? I have faith CA can pull out some nice variation in terrain, but if the entire thing is all Mordor biome I'd be a bit cautious.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

SickZip posted:

I keep not finding this thread because I foolishly look for the word Warhhamer when Im looking for the thread about the game called Warhammer.

Use bookmarks my dude, they're a way of life.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SMP posted:

That's a whole lot of straight mountains. Are the mountains all Mordor'd too? I have faith CA can pull out some nice variation in terrain, but if the entire thing is all Mordor biome I'd be a bit cautious.

Nah, its not mordor biome

The ogre kingdoms have a bit of an ice age/caveman aesthetic and that extends to the mountains. Lots of glaciers and caves broken up by the greener valleys that the ogres live in. Pretty much just look at what the World's Edge Mountains look like in game currently and make the whole place WAY more primitive and you're pretty close.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Mortal Empires patch is comin out in 10 hours

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Mortal+Empires+free+update+%26+Blood+Pack+Release&iso=20171026T15&p1=136

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/923156278960156673

No need to stay up late.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 26, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

Huh, well that makes sense.

Another cool old map. Very relevant for Game 3 stuff. From Chaos Dwarf army book (compiled from White Dwarf articles)

Crookback Mountain?

*A Skaven Greyseer clutches a massive warpstone to his snout*

"I wish-wish i knew how to quit-end you.."

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Archonex posted:

Don't they literally eat their men or some other horrible thing in Warhammer?

TWC and Reddit would have a stroke.

Sounds like a good reason to add them in to me. :unsmigghh:

The three backgrounds I've seen for Amazons are 1)Leftover women from an old Norscan expedition who capture men and snu-snu them to death, 2) Lizardmen experiments on women that where cut loose and have a spawning pool that they were either given or figured out how to use, 3) Lizardmen experiments that gave women hermaphrodite reproduction :stonk:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Better than hordes of rapist goat men I guess.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oh man. The prime candidate for race leader LL for the ogres is just great.

Greasus (get it?) Goldtooth.

e: That model is just going to be a feast to see animated.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 26, 2017

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
Please give the Overtyrant the respect he deserves, and refer to him by his full title, Tradelord Greasus Tribestealer Drakecrush Gatecrasher Hoardmaster Goldtooth the Shockingly Obese.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

Oh man. The prime candidate for race leader LL for the ogres is just great.

Greasus (get it?) Goldtooth.

e: That model is just going to be a feast to see animated.

He should start being able to walk on his own. Then every mount upgrade is his model being fatter and being carried by more goblins

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SickZip posted:

He should start being able to walk on his own. Then every mount upgrade is his model being fatter and being carried by more goblins

Would be a great little feature to have all Ogre characters become fatter as they increase in rank.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Eat big ham: confers permanent +25% hp to Goldtooth when used. 10 second cooldown.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Ogres should definitely have a "Feasting" stance that acts like the Greenskin raiding encampment except it doesn't make you any money and is mostly just destroying public order and economy of wherever they're feasting because oh god they're eating EVERYTHING.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

MadJackMcJack posted:

The three backgrounds I've seen for Amazons are 1)Leftover women from an old Norscan expedition who capture men and snu-snu them to death, 2) Lizardmen experiments on women that where cut loose and have a spawning pool that they were either given or figured out how to use, 3) Lizardmen experiments that gave women hermaphrodite reproduction :stonk:

On the off chance they get modded in someone had better damned well add this as an event picture then.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Davincie posted:

didn't an actual arabian dude come in the last few times this discussion happened to say nobody cares
are you thinking of 420 Gank Mid (who is supposedly egyptian)? I just remember him slamming people for talking stuff about egypt while not being from there.

Panfilo posted:

:v: "I wish these Orcs never existed"
*fucks up the timeline, some other Warlord with insane powers inevitably replaces him, throwing the whole old world under a red tide*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJnMaTx4yjI

Randarkman posted:

sarthorael the warp chicken getting poo poo on by cannons

thank you, knew someone would post it eventually

sassassin posted:

That way someone can make a better thread for Total Warhammer.

reading every post in this thread is suddenly worth it.

OP should be going back soon thanks to the sassassin seal of approval :discourse:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Ogres should definitely have a "Feasting" stance that acts like the Greenskin raiding encampment except it doesn't make you any money and is mostly just destroying public order and economy of wherever they're feasting because oh god they're eating EVERYTHING.

Feasting Stance: Enables global recruitment and replenishment, boost unit replenishment, large penalties to provincial public order and growth, units gain experience per turn in stance, bonus morale and melee attack and damage to army if attacked.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Just make Araby the Alin from Rise of Legends and there you go.

Yes, fuckin' exactly.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Bah, that's midnight. This time zone is rear end.

At least I can vermintide all over the old world while I wait for New Colossus to finish downloading.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

MadJackMcJack posted:

I belive the correct background is this:

Old Ones created Man. Deamons destroyed man. Old Ones created dinosaurs. Dinosaurs eat Deamons. ... Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.

At least, that was the Old Ones plan. They did leave laser pistols and missile launchers behind apparently.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Do you need to have the Warhammer 1 installed as well to play mortal empires, or is just owning it on steam enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do you need to have the Warhammer 1 installed as well to play mortal empires, or is just owning it on steam enough?

Owning it is enough