Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have a mega mythic uniform ticket from shadowlands that i'll probably never be comfortable with using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I used my mega uni ticket on Loki and all of a sudden it was fun playing him again. Got a tad bit bored with Floki.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm at a big pileup again where I need a bajillion antimatter. I can farm world boss 5x (T2s sharog, dr strange, iron fist, and elsa, plus T1 magneto) so its just a matter of slogging through that and the gold daily mission for a few weeks. I'll have Thanos unlocked in a couple of days. I guess my goal is to start working on shadowlands (I do 3-4 a week with the same crew), and I really need to figure out comic cards since I just have some rando 3-5*s slotted.

What's my best use of the antimatter? I'm thinking of finishing the x-men epic quest first (I'm on a 3 rank 6 antimatter research step and just need 400 mkraan to sail through the rest), then ranking Quicksilver (currently rank 3), and finally Thanos. Not sure where Dormammu fits in but I have him unlocked. I heard the rest of the Black Order sucks these days. Dr. Strange is kicking enough rear end that I don't need to max his equipment yet, he's at 4x15. No Odin yet.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

WarEternal posted:

how do you even get uniforms that high? The rate of exp gain on them seems so low, seems like it would take forever.

The Level 3 Uni XP chips you get from SL26-30 speeds that up a lot.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stunt Rock posted:

The Level 3 Uni XP chips you get from SL26-30 speeds that up a lot.

Oh, well, I have a bunch of T2s and SL15 is currently as high as I can get so that's not really in the picture.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

So I have bought that 10 card chest since the odds are boosted for getting premium cards and I immediately regretted it. I got absolute​ crap for cards all one and two star commons you get from rifts.
The guaranteed five star was starlord so not even one of the new non premium ones I could at least use for collection.

Very disappointed in myself since I could've used those crystals on one of the new unis.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I don't know if it's my imagination, but Magneto seems to fly through autoplay missions much more quickly now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Was curious but dubious, bought 10 of the honor token card chests and got 0 of the new cards. Worth a shot.

This fits with my theory that NM has forgotten honor / chaos tokens exist.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 25, 2017

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Tom Gorman posted:

I don't have Loki's uniform yet, but I'll say this much:

I think Hulk's is the best of the lot in terms of how drastic of an improvement it is. It's an 8/10.

Thor is a close second and gives what I figure is the same degree of boost to survivability via the skill change iframes. Straight upgrade over Unworthy. Like a 7.5 out of 10.

Hela is a lot better with the uniform. I'd say she's on par with like, a no costume Baron Mordo? Which is good, not mind-blowing, but way better than before. 6/10.

If you're committing to either Thor or Hulk I'd say they're a buy, but the uniforms themselves won't turn them into stars like Anti-Venom or Elsa. You still need to go for T2 and gear them up well.

None of the new uniforms are must haves imo. Getting Magneto and Jean will open up a lot more doors than these uniforms will.

I ended up grabbing them all, because I figured since I haven't tier 2'd any of the X-Men yet, I'll be waiting forever before I can get Jean anyways. The one thing I'd add is that Loki's uniform is loving amazing, and somehow an improvement over Floki in terms of survivability, power, speed, and fun factor. My Hulk is still only at 5 stars, but I'm glad to hear his is a worthwhile costume. As far as I can tell, Hela's is the least significant, but it still sounds like an improvement, so that's cool.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Ended up T2ing Hulk today. That's something I didn't think I'd do in a while.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I wonder about the value of getting thor or loki's uniforms, and then getting them to mythical, for those special cards. Both cards look amazing, cards being so valuable...

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Both of them are solid characters now with good uniforms that also have other popular uniforms you likely already have for their requirements. I'd say both are worth it even before the free special cards, the cards make them especially good to upgrade. They also both have very farmable bios. Hulk is in the same boat though is unfarmable.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Can you use Shadowlands bios for the Hulkster?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
So Loki's new costume is worth grabbing even if I already have Floki?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Hela's uni is pretty good, imo. I solo'd a mid-level villain rumble with her at T1 and 9/9/9/9 gear.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

jjef posted:

So Loki's new costume is worth grabbing even if I already have Floki?

Absolutely. He moves way faster and does significantly more damage.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All I've done is play him in that new mode but he definitely seemed a lot faster and didn't have all those long delays and jumps Lady Loki has where you have to carefully pick out where you are so you don't get killed in them.

It sucks I wasted my crystals on other costumes that aren't that good and these are so expensive. Gonna be forever before I can get them. Bad planning.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

Datasmurf posted:

Ended up T2ing Hulk today. That's something I didn't think I'd do in a while.

I'm on the fence about doing that, let me know how you like him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got new Thor and he's pretty good. A lot more damage & survivability!!!!!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
What characters don't benefit from having an attack iso set?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

What characters don't benefit from having an attack iso set?

Some of them have their own attack buffs that overwrite the iso proc buff, like Quicksilver and Elsa I think. Not sure who else.

Also some of them, pretty much just Destroyer and Luke Cage I think, don't do most of their damage from attacking so you'll likely get more out of a defensive iso set

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
On the topic of ISO sets, what's a good one for Iron Fist? I assume an attack set, but is there a specific one I should roll for?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Probably Hawk's Eye is not ideal unless you have crap cards, but in general none of them are so much better than the others that it's worth rerolling unless you have gold burning a hole in your pocket.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
Overdrive is the best because he doesn’t benefit from the attack speed from poah and Hawkeye has 1 less attack iso but unless you care about getting every last point you can in abx then any of them will do.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

fart simpson posted:

Some of them have their own attack buffs that overwrite the iso proc buff, like Quicksilver and Elsa I think. Not sure who else.

Just to follow up on this, I did some searching and it looks like Kid Kaiju and Ronan also have a buff that cancels an attack iso. Which shows how much I know, I didn't even know Ronan had a buff!

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Right on, well i hit Hawk's Eye for Iron Fist on my first set of rolls so I'll just go with it for now.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ragnaloki’s clones now chase their target, which is a game-changer for SG WBU. Makes it very easy!

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
What is a going on with Loki's new uniform that makes it so much more powerful than the Floki uniform? I just equipped the new uniform and tested it out on a couple remaining late story missions I had left over and I beat them both on the first attempt, whereas I was having trouble with them before. This is really fun!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
do you guys level costumes before going for urus? I've pretty much ignored costumes. Not sure if thats a smart play or not. I clear up to level 15 shadow lands and 30 t2. Also still trying to feed thanos(59 1/4)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I do 1* urus and the first uniform level pretty widely. Then, if they're a frontline person that I'll use for WBU or ABX or maybe PVP I'll consider upgrading further. Mythic uniform comes before trying to 6* all the urus slots though -- I've only ever done both with Sharon. 5* urus are where you should usually stop if you're bothering at all.

With 30 T2's you should really be able to clear Shadowlands to 25 though. Maybe you have crap cards?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I don't really have any good universal characters and they practically gave Thor away this update, should I buy his uni and start using him or is Loki so much better than it makes more sense to start him from scratch and get his?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

I do 1* urus and the first uniform level pretty widely. Then, if they're a frontline person that I'll use for WBU or ABX or maybe PVP I'll consider upgrading further. Mythic uniform comes before trying to 6* all the urus slots though -- I've only ever done both with Sharon. 5* urus are where you should usually stop if you're bothering at all.

With 30 T2's you should really be able to clear Shadowlands to 25 though. Maybe you have crap cards?

i have only recently been giving it a real go and not all of my t2 are fully built out and i have some poo poo ones. Like niko and ant man. So uniforms aren't really needed for Slabs? OR more stats is always better?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What's the tldr on the new heroes? Anyone worth ticketing?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Valkyrie's T2 passive is probably worth a ticket?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

How do you see what those cards are rewards for leveling up the unis in that new mode?

I don't see any listing of any rewards besides it saying "it gets better the higher your uni rank is!!"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Any word on Heimdall? I want to Six star him purely because of Idris.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

thechalkoutline posted:

How do you see what those cards are rewards for leveling up the unis in that new mode?

I don't see any listing of any rewards besides it saying "it gets better the higher your uni rank is!!"

Top left.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Vodos posted:

Top left.

Thanks!

I assume I can use the uniform tickets on Thor/Loki uni? Because then I will buy them both and Hulk too probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

thechalkoutline posted:

Thanks!

I assume I can use the uniform tickets on Thor/Loki uni? Because then I will buy them both and Hulk too probably

You can, I used the ones from Shadowland for both of them.