Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

At what point will Mitch's penis start feeling weird, my guess is shrimp #32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

The following sports bars were reviewed during sports bar theme month

1. Yard house (not a sports bar.)
2. ESPN Zone (Disneyland theme restaurant but technically a sports bar.)
3. Medieval Times (not a sports bar, barely a restaurant)
4. Red Lobster (not a sports bar)

it's some bull poo poo for sure

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Yes, it has been very good.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

It's maki g Mitch sick! How much more sports do you think he can eat!?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
gently caress. Not only is it live at the restaurant, but it also sounds like complete poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

gently caress. Not only is it live at the restaurant, but it also sounds like complete poo poo.
i still loved it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The totally different sound makes it very easy to skip through the ads though.
e: I've got to the actual shrimp off and this is like counting fries but with constant chewing sounds.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 26, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I currently work in dry cleaning with a Subway being the only food within a walkable distance so I appreciated Hayes' story at the end of the show. Also I kind of want to die because of it.

I can't believe the boys didn't award Angel with that one server award that I don't remember the name of because they only did it that one time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This sounds terrible but 7 minutes in and it is fantastic. Mitch is getting so agitated about Wiger ordering non-shrimp items.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/921458231913865216

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

JethroMcB posted:

Mitch is getting so agitated about Wiger ordering non-shrimp items.
YOU'RE PEPPERING YOUR CLAM CHOWDER? THIS IS A SHRIMP OFF.

My favorite Mitch is definitely making-up-any-excuse-to-be-mad-at-Wiger Mitch (SEEDS?! ON SALAD?!)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

caligulamprey posted:

YOU'RE PEPPERING YOUR CLAM CHOWDER? THIS IS A SHRIMP OFF.

My favorite Mitch is definitely making-up-any-excuse-to-be-mad-at-Wiger Mitch (SEEDS?! ON SALAD?!)

"Gonna add some saltines to this..."
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HE IS ACTING SO WEIRD."

This is ridiculous, I love it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

it's so loving good

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
This is a magical episode

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nick Is legit such a weirdo babyman which makes it even funnier when Mitch tries to force making fun of him way too hard till you’re sitting there like I agree with the brewdog swilling video game tester with a case of the rumblies: there’s literally nothing unusual about putting sunflower seeds on a salad & wario is too sexual.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Angel with the best laugh of the episode responding to a Hayes joke

Also Wiger really let Mitch down, what a sad display smdh

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Highlight of the episode for me was Hayes' announcement that he was going to pull a Kobayashi move with his shrimp, followed by a solid minute or two of "wet" noises.

Mitch saying the Nashville Hot shrimp is too hot for him proves he is the real baby of the duo. The spice content is minimal, though the honey drizzle adds some heaviness to it.

Nick Is legit such a weirdo babyman which makes it even funnier when Mitch tries to force making fun of him way too hard till you’re sitting there like I agree with the brewdog swilling video game tester with a case of the rumblies: there’s literally nothing unusual about putting sunflower seeds on a salad & wario is too sexual.

"Mario is so pure and beautiful."
"SHUT UP."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"Now let's eat some shrimpies."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Nick absolutely threw the game to piss Mitch off. Lol at him getting cheese cake afterwards.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Dylan McKay posted:

Angel with the best laugh of the episode responding to a Hayes joke

Also Wiger really let Mitch down, what a sad display smdh

Holy poo poo, Sean asking Angel if they're going to get biscuits had me dying.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This episode is so good but it's also very hard to listen to with all the chewing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ASMR Fat man screams at man for eating broccoli [chewing] [mouth sounds] [water sounds] [Linklater] [multiple voices]

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my only criticism of the episode was that hayes was a bit terse with angel

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

STOP TALKING ABOUT LINKLATER

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
"At the end of the day the guys you would've picked to win are the same guys that showed up and fuckin' dusted your rear end."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

crimedog posted:

Holy poo poo, Sean asking Angel if they're going to get biscuits had me dying.

they're crack! they're crack cocaine!!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Angel's super dismissive "that's funny" response to Hayes eating 69 shrimp really floored me. It was perfect.

Also Mitch telling Wiger that he couldn't tell whether he was a tiny child or an old man was pretty great.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I would’ve preferred for them to record afterwards and listen back to little snippets of the live stuff while recounting the events, just like the format of the live episodes of Analyze Phish.

How many times do they have to be told that on-mic chewing noises gross out a significant portion of listeners? It’d be one thing if they were trolling the audience, but it seems like they legitimately don’t understand what makes the show fun to listen to. My favorite moment was Sean flat-out saying that he was just going to eat normally and thought the competition aspect was a bad idea.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Know Such Peace posted:

I would’ve preferred for them to record afterwards and listen back to little snippets of the live stuff while recounting the events, just like the format of the live episodes of Analyze Phish.

How many times do they have to be told that on-mic chewing noises gross out a significant portion of listeners? It’d be one thing if they were trolling the audience, but it seems like they legitimately don’t understand what makes the show fun to listen to. My favorite moment was Sean flat-out saying that he was just going to eat normally and thought the competition aspect was a bad idea.

Voluminous wet dream

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

they constantly talking about being aware that it really bothers some people

based on this we can assume that they do not give a gently caress about those people

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Know Such Peace posted:

How many times do they have to be told that on-mic chewing noises gross out a significant portion of listeners? It’d be one thing if they were trolling the audience, but it seems like they legitimately don’t understand what makes the show fun to listen to.

It's not that an equally significant portion of their listeners don't care at all about chewing noises. They're trolling you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

between the length of my car rides and the addition of the doubles to my backlog, I will likely never be current with the show, but I just listened to the part of the Sharky's episode where Mitch found out McGathy had a crush on him way back when and I just wanted to cut my own head off

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
shrimp off: godlike ep

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

between the length of my car rides and the addition of the doubles to my backlog, I will likely never be current with the show, but I just listened to the part of the Sharky's episode where Mitch found out McGathy had a crush on him way back when and I just wanted to cut my own head off
I was a regular listener of This Feels Terrible before the Ireland hiatus. The early episodes of that show are pro-listens. She always had an extremely embarrassing story in her back pocket for any situation, and she tended to overshare very personal details about her life in order to get guests to open up about difficult topics. If you understood how she normally acts around her crushes, you'd be extra embarrassed for Mitch. McGathy is not a subtle person, and Mitch managing to misunderstand her interest in him explains everything about the current state of his dating life.

In the beginning of one of the episodes of This Feels Terrible, Erin offered two extra tickets for a three-day music festival in North Carolina to whichever listener emailed her first. I'm the lucky person who got the tickets. I ended up seeing Neutral Milk Hotel and a bunch of other excellent acts that weekend. Listening to podcasts actually payed off financially for once! As a disclaimer, this post may retroactively qualify as a sponsored read in support of her show.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Was Erin the one who said she was really into people with flaws? Like, she dated a guy with a stutter or a diabetic pump because she thought they were hot? Kinda explains her attraction to Mitch.

"Did you guys.... do stuff with the pump?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

She was married to Dan Harmon for about a year.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
She was married for a month or two, took an extended vacation to Ireland, and came back to find that Dan Harmon had not bathed for several weeks. He thought it was cute that a grown man couldn’t function as an adult while his wife was away. She didn’t feel the same way.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nick's deliberate antagonism of Mitch is on point this episode

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Hayes dippin his shrimp in water is some high level competitive eating move, really shows how much more Sean and Hayes really came to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ManoliIsFat posted:

Hayes dippin his shrimp in water is some high level competitive eating move, really shows how much more Sean and Hayes really came to play.

Sean did not come to play, he just ate dinner.