Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017
oh it's marsellemusic1. are any of you marselle, too? he is MEAN and TOXIC to the fandom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I listened to the first hour of this week's episode... does it ever pick up or is it pretty much all people trying to get their cats to make noises on the phone?

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

The Berzerker posted:

I listened to the first hour of this week's episode... does it ever pick up or is it pretty much all people trying to get their cats to make noises on the phone?

It also has a Kat from Raleigh call

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If "catober" goes into "nodudenovember" again I'm checking out for two months.

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017
any best show fans watch season 3 of difficult people? tom wrote a lot and there was a nice tribute to the BADUNIVERSE in the season 3 finale

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I do! And I’d like to think the Woody Allen episode was conceived after Julie went on the show and they had that legendary riff

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah it was a great season, that's a great show.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Is this week’s ep any good? No mention of a Wurster call in the description

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tom and Dudio were on Dr Gamesshow this week:

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/928411897011101696

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dr.Radical posted:

Is this week’s ep any good? No mention of a Wurster call in the description

The first caller was Avalanche Bob, then the first non-dude for NoDudevember was Kat from Raleigh.

I've listened to the first hour or so, it is not great so far.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Probably going to have to skip this one then...

Avalanche Bob can prompt some hilarious responses from Tom, though. I don’t get the AB hate

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Tom being salty about not getting a copy of the new album despite being the sole promoter in the world is pretty funny to listen to.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I always like when Mary Houlihan is on

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah it definitely picks up when Mary comes into the studio, Mary is an A+ guest

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

avalanche bob sucks and he doesn't even care about the show except for promotion

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I haven't listened to the show in awhile. Maybe I will, once no dude vember is over.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

okay

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

inferis posted:

avalanche bob sucks and he doesn't even care about the show except for promotion

Does anyone else remember Avalanche Bob slipping a "get back in the kitchen Hillary" in under his breath while talking to Tom around the election?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

WrathOfBlade posted:

Does anyone else remember Avalanche Bob slipping a "get back in the kitchen Hillary" in under his breath while talking to Tom around the election?

No but I remember him talking about making a song thanking police officers for their service. The man is in his 80s

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Listen to the album. It’s something else. The last song is a piano ballad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Asnorban posted:

Listen to the album. It’s something else. The last song is a piano ballad.

And read the "liner notes," such as they are.

Notice that in the song Hate died at 9 and the funeral is at 11 o’clock on Friday. 9-11 is reversed. We’re making it good and taking something that was bad and turning it into something good, because Hate is 9-11. I wrote the song because I feel that Love will conquer Hate.

I can't tell if Avalanche Bob is a brilliant performance artist or a legitimate, very opportunistic crazy person.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Why not a bit of both?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I can't tell if Avalanche Bob is a brilliant performance artist or a legitimate, very opportunistic crazy person.

what about him makes you think he could be brilliant? is it just a 'he's so bad he can't be for real'? the joke is barely funny on the face of it

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

he's literally a million years old

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Oh my god is Nellie McKay exhausting. Clare O'Kane is a solid, funny guest. Kevin Corrigan has found a weird niche in the Best Show that I've come to appreciate. But Nellie McKay, man, she makes you feel like you got cornered at a party.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 16, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Did Kevin corrigan do Christopher walken again

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Saw the Mountain Goats earlier tonight and got a drum head that Jon Wurster wrote a few anecdotes about the venue on from the merch table. Does anyone know if this is something he does often?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Kevin Corrigan is absolutely terrible. Good thing all this is happening during nodudevember which I'm skipping.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I like Tom. I like Tom's weird friends. And I like Nodudevember.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Weembles posted:

I like Tom. I like Tom's weird friends. And I like Nodudevember.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Cloks posted:

Saw the Mountain Goats earlier tonight and got a drum head that Jon Wurster wrote a few anecdotes about the venue on from the merch table. Does anyone know if this is something he does often?

check his ig - he does a few per show i think

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kevin and Nellie are probably my two least favorite guests so as soon as they came in the studio I turned the episode off, I liked the first hour though, Clare is great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

Kevin and Nellie are probably my two least favorite guests so as soon as they came in the studio I turned the episode off, I liked the first hour though, Clare is great.

Gary comes in in the last 30 mins and half of that time is spent trying to think of songs for Nellie to play that Tom knows. Kevin gets really quiet in the last hour, doesn't respond to any of Tom's goading, it's kinda weird.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
was there at least a kat from raleigh call?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Thom and the Heads posted:

was there at least a kat from raleigh call?

Yup, she's still dithering on when she's gonna get that "Human" cat and she corrected Tom saying she uses "they" pronouns for himself. (Which 100%, good for them. Seemed to mildly confuse Tom)

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I heard a song from Avalanche Bob's record on the radio the other day, it was actually not as bad as I would have assumed

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Kevin Corrigan is a perfectly fine guest. He has Hollywood stories. Nellie McKay is a totally oblivious kook who is kind of insufferable but that often puts Tom in strange places that are fun.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Uh oh, the Newbridgiverse is bleeding into our own.

The AV Club posted:

That notice was posted after Simmons’ appearance on the premises Wednesday, during which he barged into a staff meeting, yelled, “Hey chicks! Sue me!,” and, as The Daily Beast puts it, “pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly.” He then started telling Michael Jackson pedophilia jokes and making comments on female staffer’s intelligence while hitting them on the head with his new book On Power: My Journey Through The Corridors Of Power And How You Can Get More Power, which, if you didn’t pick up on it from the three times the word appears in the title, is Simmons’ guide to obtaining power—sort of like Machiavelli’s The Prince, but for people who would take life advice from Gene Simmons.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

ManoliIsFat posted:

Gary comes in in the last 30 mins and half of that time is spent trying to think of songs for Nellie to play that Tom knows. Kevin gets really quiet in the last hour, doesn't respond to any of Tom's goading, it's kinda weird.
Speculation is it's because Nellie was making GBS threads on The Departed and Scorsese, when Kevin was in the movie.

I enjoy Kevin to an extent, or I at least enjoy Tom enjoying Kevin, but man I would not have him as a top tier/go-to guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Speaking of top tier guests, Julie Klausner is on tonight.