Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
In 3 hours, a new race for Karak Eight-Peaks begins!

All of the things will be Queeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

gently caress yes.

Wanna play the Empire and stuff as well, but I think I'm going to wait for Norsca to make it back in for that. Then there's also the case of Wulfric's grand tour of Ulthuan that I have to do.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Martout posted:

I'm hoping AI Queek stands up well in the Badlands. Simply adding a strong Skaven presence will make that area infinitely more fun to fight over instead of Dwarf vs. Greenskin: Eternal Thunderdome.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Similarly, I'm hoping Hell Pit Skaven will liven up the Chaos/Norsca grumblestacks.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Martout posted:

Was just about to post "why isn't ME out right now!?!", but this answers my question. Going to go have an actual breakfast.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Martout posted:

Karak Eight-Squeaks

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I'm looking forward to taking my Gobbos to prove that no stinking rat will ever be the True Ruler of Eight Peaks.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I for one actually am fairly interested in seeing what new landmarks are added for the old world races.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I will ignore the Mortal Empires campaign until the Foundation update is in, but I will be all "hell yeah!" for the 12 MP factions.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Torn between staying up to dl mortal empires or just leaving it until tomorrow morning.

But drowning the mountains in a wave of fur and musk and weird loving chanting :ratstare:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Still can't decide if I want to raid/enslave the world as Malekith, while simultaneously defending my victims from the Chaos invasion (since DE absolutely destroy Chaos), or if I want to Queek it up in the Badlands first.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
I stopped playing 1 before the Foundation update. How much, if anything, did it change for Vampire Counts? Are the four factions from 2 the only factions that are up to date in ME?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

ZearothK posted:

I will ignore the Mortal Empires campaign until the Foundation update is in, but I will be all "hell yeah!" for the 12 MP factions.

I was of a mind to do this as well but then I reminded myself that the new races will be just fine and only some of the old races will lack stuff I now consider necessary for funtimes and that it won't matter if AI Gelt has the new skill tree or not when the vermintide comes!

I figure Teclis, Morathi and Queek starts in ME will keep me busy until they get the Norsca update in there.

I also hope they have made skaven autoresolve stronger or AI skaven factions will get absolutely dumpstered.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Azram Legion posted:

I stopped playing 1 before the Foundation update. How much, if anything, did it change for Vampire Counts? Are the four factions from 2 the only factions that are up to date in ME?

Not much for Vampire Counts. Mannfred got a tweak where he recruits graveguards with more XP off the bat, and Kemmler got buffs that makes him suck a lot less, but that's about it.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Not much for Vampire Counts. Mannfred got a tweak where he recruits graveguards with more XP off the bat, and Kemmler got buffs that makes him suck a lot less, but that's about it.

Thanks! That's great to hear, because all I care about is driving the undead power couple to world domination anyway.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Azram Legion posted:

Thanks! That's great to hear, because all I care about is driving the undead power couple to world domination anyway.

I think the main bummer for vampires would be getting double hosed by inhospitable climate+low corruption. But I've heard there's not that many places where this is relevant.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I will definitely be sailing my imperialist human forces to the savage rainforests of Lustria on a grand moustachiod adventure.

Then Grombrindal is going to Karak Eight Peaks. He's going to Karak Kadrin. He's gonna go to Karak Norn. We're going to Skavenblight. THEN WE'RE GOING TO ULTHUAN TO FINISH THE BEARD WAR. KAZUKAN KAZAKIT BYAHHHHHHH!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Chad Jihad posted:

Karak Eight-Squeaks

Karat Thirteen-Squeaks

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

A skeleton, that is dead: hmm I don't like this climate it makes my rattly bones all moist

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

A skeleton, that is dead: hmm I don't like this climate it makes my rattly bones all moist

"oh wait, is that bone rot I see? Yes, that Is definitely bone rot." *falls apart*

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM2iDRTp_58

:black101:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

A moist zombie doesn't hold together too well. Also harsh sunlight tends to make it difficult to keep up a gloomy atmosphere with your downtrodden peasant populace and they start getting tans and going to the beach and you can't get anything done.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Gonna guess this 3.5mb download isn't the right thing

also yeah can't be a brooding prince/ss of the night on a sunny tropical beach. "oh woe is me, is immortality truly worth the price of this horrible blood hunger" but outside there's a skink w/ maracas

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

9:00 CST :f5:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
it's out, restart steam

4.5GB

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

botany posted:

it's out, restart steam

4.5GB

Yeah I see it :getin:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Yesss let the downloadening commence.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is pretty metal.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Yesss let the downloadening commence.

Yeah I'm going to get out of bed and set this baby to dl.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Didn't think they'd even make a blood trailer again, nice! Malekith's fancy shield decapitation was pretty great.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so I cant actually seem to play the campaign, just says claim free content and directs to a steam store page with no buy/download button.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So even though it's a free download, I'm getting sent to the checkout page, which can't process my payment...of zero.

Why.

Why are you making me checkout. For a free dlc.

gently caress you, Steam.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao same thing happening to me, says cant use the payment option.

Edit: says they're looking into it

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 26, 2017

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

If the 4.5gb update isn't mortal empires, just how loving high res are these blood textures?

See every drop in glorious 32K.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

why do i need 40gb of space to install a 4gb update

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

nopantsjack posted:

because of how steam updates games, this is not unique to warhams

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

If the 4.5gb update isn't mortal empires, just how loving high res are these blood textures?

See every drop in glorious 32K.
At least for me, it looks like its downloading the faction DLC too.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

because steam makes a backup of all the files when updating

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I was getting the payment method error thing in Steam itself but clicking download on the page here worked for me. It's an extra 680mb download on top of the 4.5gb of the patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

nopantsjack posted:

Remember you don't need WH1 installed for Mortal Empires to work. I uninstalled it specifically to make sure I'd have space.