Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Tortuga posted:

Good luck! Are you taking that fat beard to the interview?

Yarrrrr I regrew my beard, felt all naked without it :riker:

As far as the job is concerned, I think I blew my chance. I got high as poo poo on Tramadol while forgetting that this stuff causes me to temporarily develop a speech impediment, stuttering to be more precise. I called up the HR and stuttered through the sentences, and the guy on the phone was like, "sure buddy we'll call you back" :rolleyes: and I think I just made an rear end out of myself over nothing.

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

As far as the job is concerned, I think I blew my chance. I got high as poo poo on Tramadol while forgetting that this stuff causes me to temporarily develop a speech impediment, stuttering to be more precise. I called up the HR and stuttered through the sentences, and the guy on the phone was like, "sure buddy we'll call you back" :rolleyes: and I think I just made an rear end out of myself over nothing.

I don't get it, where did everything go so right and, at the same time, so wrong? :(

Sorry if this post reads kinda disjointed, I'm high as gently caress on chair-cooking Biperiden Tramadol.

Stay safe unemployed ghost.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I need a very serious advice from goons. I am also sort of woozy and wobbly at the moment, so please bear with me.

The thing is, I discovered this wonderful mood stabilizer called Carbamazepine. Mr. Weed, who is also totally hosed in the head, gave me his entire prescription because he fuckin' hates the effects of the drug, but to me it was nothing short of a godsend. Now, I'm not new to this class of drugs, one of my therapists gave me mood stabilizers in the past, sodium valproate and lamotrigine to be precise. The effects of these drugs are very subtle, so after a few years I asked her to stop them, as I did not notice any effects. But now that I'm munching on Carbamazepine, it got me thinking. Back when I was using mood stabilizers, not only did I NOT freak out over every minor thing (such as a cup of coffee) even though my life was in shambles, I was doing well enough to join the workforce. And there haven't been any incidents at work, to boot.

I am going to make a short bulletted list of the effects I feel now that I'm on Carbamazepine ("Tegretol").

-Not freaking out. EVER. My brain is in this pleasant "bricked up" state you typically get from downers.
-Now that we're on downers, I have zero desire to pop pills. gently caress benzos, gently caress opiates. I feel like I don't need them anymore. Been clean for the past week or so. (Mind you, there is no withdrawal since I am a weekend warrior. Learned my lesson a long time ago!)
-No akathisia from antipsychotics. In fact, my Zyprexa and Carbamazepine work together to produce a "time to pass out" effect in the evening, which is wonderful. Haven't slept this good in years.
-No diarrhea. I take a dump once in the morning and that's pretty much it. I always suspected that my gut problems were caused by a "fight or flight" reflex in my constantly freaked-out brain. Turns out I was right! :D

On the downside, I am rather shaky and wobbly and all the music sounds off-key to me. (These are described side effects.)

Now, the problem is how to break the news to my doc. I know that doctors, especially psychiatrists, just looooove it when their patients prescribe therapies to themselves and otherwise do funny stuff with drugs. And how should I say where did I even get these drugs? Maybe pin it on the elusive dude with drugs at the flea market? I am at a complete loss. :negative:

Sorry for lovely grammar! :ughh:

Indecisive Squirrel
Apr 28, 2009

I discovered this wonderful mood stabilizer called Carbamazepine.

ASF, I’ve been a long time lurking of your thread and what an irony it is that I can finally jump in with some subtle advice due to having been on a same drug as you. I take Carbamazepine for a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. Basically, my face nerves are all wonky so without any rhyme or reason, I get painful episodes of shooting/stabbing pain. I’ve been on the drug for over a year and a half, and there were some times where I questioned if taking the drug was worth it due to the side effects. For me, it’s mostly constant fatigue, a sort of hazy/numb to the world feeling, loss of appetite, and some dry mouth.

Not sure if you’ve seen it while researching the drug, but it’s commonly prescribed as an anti-seizure medication. Some psychiatrists may prescribe it as a mood stabilizer, though I don’t think it’s as common because of the array of psychiatric drugs available. I suffer from major depressive disorder and anxiety so I am also on Effexor and Buspar. This combo seems to be working well for me. :yaycloud:

As for telling your doctor, I’d think it’s best to approach him with honesty that you are already on the drug. Make up a story or whatever if it makes you more comfortable, but you definitely want to let them know you’ve already been taking it imo due to how these drugs act. Hopefully this gives you a little more insight and I hope things work out with the doctor.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Indecisive Squirrel posted:

For me, it’s mostly constant fatigue, a sort of hazy/numb to the world feeling, loss of appetite, and some dry mouth.

Well, for me it's this woozy feeling - the brain is clicking along just fine, but the body is drunk and refuses to listen - but I suppose it's gonna gradually get better as it adjusts to the drug. Hazy feeling is a plus actually - I feel high-ish while realizing that, if I reach for downers in this state, boy am I gonna pay for it. So it's like an antabuse. Paradoxically, I developed an extreme appetite, had two lunches today.

Indecisive Squirrel posted:

As for telling your doctor, I’d think it’s best to approach him with honesty that you are already on the drug. Make up a story or whatever if it makes you more comfortable, but you definitely want to let them know you’ve already been taking it imo due to how these drugs act. Hopefully this gives you a little more insight and I hope things work out with the doctor.

The thing is, both Mr. Weed and I are seeing the same psychiatrist :haw: and I don't know how to tell her without getting Mr. Weed in trouble. :haw:

edit: okay, I consumed two pots of turkish coffee. Normally this would have me jumping through the roof in a panic attack, but right now I feel... nothing. This is, uh, a Good Thing (tm). Other effects I noticed is that I'm gradually shedding my aversions to activities I perceived as "stressful" beforehand, such as eating - because eating would send me tearing rear end to the toilet in a matter of minutes. I have yet to take a shower, I'm really reluctant but I think it's gonna be awesome despite my suspicions. I really need to take a shower today, I smell terrible. (edit - added content)

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 26, 2017

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Definitely tell your doctor. As for where you got the pills, just say you don't want to get anyone in trouble and leave it at that. I don't know how doctor-patient confidentiality works in Croatia, though, so I might be way off base.

Toxteth OGrady
May 28, 2013
I too took carbamazapine for several months for trigeminal neuralgia. I don't have any mood issues that I'm aware of, and I absofuckinglutely hated the stuff. If it hadn't dealt with the agony of the neuralgia so well, I'd have tried another treatment. I had no emotion, I was a robot for months. Never happy, sad, annoyed, elated, nothing. Like a stone man.

Now the neuralgia was so utterly horrifying that the side effects were worth it, and I'm stoked it's helping you, but definitely tell your doc. It's powerful stuff, very dependent on dosage, and there might be something better. If I recall correctly, you should avoid grapefruit while you're on it.

Love the thread man, hope you get where you need to be.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Toxteth OGrady posted:

you should avoid grapefruit

Worked at a pharmacy for a few years, pretty much every med has "avoid grapefruit" especially the Extended Release stuff, apparently it’s so acidic it will dissolve a lot of medication instantly.

The grapefruit warning is on just about every single box or note inside the box...

Was also on Tegretol for a bit for seizures, didn’t work for me and had the bonus effect of blowing up my face like a toad/frog/didn’t realise you could swell up right under the chin like that! I was about .1°C away from needing emergency intervention, lucky for me my neurologist was easy to get in contact with.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Holy CROW, Fatbeard, you'd better tell your doctor.

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Yeah I'd also advocate coming completely clean with the doctor. Fwiw you already did the dumb poo poo you would be advocated against, might as well use it to provide some insight to your doc.
If nothing else, you can get your own subscription with better monitored dosage, in a better case you can get a less-gently caress-you-side-effects filled drug that does about the same thing.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

stirlo posted:

Worked at a pharmacy for a few years, pretty much every med has "avoid grapefruit" especially the Extended Release stuff, apparently it’s so acidic it will dissolve a lot of medication instantly.

The grapefruit warning is on just about every single box or note inside the box...

Was also on Tegretol for a bit for seizures, didn’t work for me and had the bonus effect of blowing up my face like a toad/frog/didn’t realise you could swell up right under the chin like that! I was about .1°C away from needing emergency intervention, lucky for me my neurologist was easy to get in contact with.

It's not an acid thing, grapefruit has a compound in it that interferes with the CYP3A4 enzyme (among others) in the liver, preventing or sometimes accelerating the metabolism of hundreds of drugs. Be seriously careful with grapefruit juice, it can literally kill you with the wrong medication.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I need a very serious advice from goons. I am also sort of woozy and wobbly at the moment, so please bear with me.

The thing is, I discovered this wonderful mood stabilizer called Carbamazepine. Mr. Weed, who is also totally hosed in the head, gave me his entire prescription because he fuckin' hates the effects of the drug, but to me it was nothing short of a godsend. Now, I'm not new to this class of drugs, one of my therapists gave me mood stabilizers in the past, sodium valproate and lamotrigine to be precise. The effects of these drugs are very subtle, so after a few years I asked her to stop them, as I did not notice any effects. But now that I'm munching on Carbamazepine, it got me thinking. Back when I was using mood stabilizers, not only did I NOT freak out over every minor thing (such as a cup of coffee) even though my life was in shambles, I was doing well enough to join the workforce. And there haven't been any incidents at work, to boot.

I am going to make a short bulletted list of the effects I feel now that I'm on Carbamazepine ("Tegretol").

-Not freaking out. EVER. My brain is in this pleasant "bricked up" state you typically get from downers.
-Now that we're on downers, I have zero desire to pop pills. gently caress benzos, gently caress opiates. I feel like I don't need them anymore. Been clean for the past week or so. (Mind you, there is no withdrawal since I am a weekend warrior. Learned my lesson a long time ago!)
-No akathisia from antipsychotics. In fact, my Zyprexa and Carbamazepine work together to produce a "time to pass out" effect in the evening, which is wonderful. Haven't slept this good in years.
-No diarrhea. I take a dump once in the morning and that's pretty much it. I always suspected that my gut problems were caused by a "fight or flight" reflex in my constantly freaked-out brain. Turns out I was right! :D

On the downside, I am rather shaky and wobbly and all the music sounds off-key to me. (These are described side effects.)

Now, the problem is how to break the news to my doc. I know that doctors, especially psychiatrists, just looooove it when their patients prescribe therapies to themselves and otherwise do funny stuff with drugs. And how should I say where did I even get these drugs? Maybe pin it on the elusive dude with drugs at the flea market? I am at a complete loss. :negative:

Sorry for lovely grammar! :ughh:

What kind of cancer did you have? If you've had bone marrow problems before Carbamazepine could kill you.

Whatever you do don't stop taking it now or you run serious risk of having a seizure. Going to your doctor is an extremely good idea right now.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Moist von Lipwig posted:

What kind of cancer did you have? If you've had bone marrow problems before Carbamazepine could kill you.

Whatever you do don't stop taking it now or you run serious risk of having a seizure. Going to your doctor is an extremely good idea right now.

Tegretol is something to not mess around with—agreeing that you should speak to a doctor ASAP they need to adjust dose per KG—it isn’t the sort of drug that most people would abuse see SJS you want the professionals to see if it’s right for you first! / now

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
That Stevens-Johnson Syndrome link is kinda NWS, just FYI y'all.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Eh I don't think I am at risk for withdrawal or complications, been taking Tegretol only for a few days at very high dosages, and apart from wooziness, nothing dramatic happened. Will stop the course today. I'm holding on to a single pill "just in case".

I went over to my GP in a bona-fide visit to ask her how to get a prescription for this stuff... let's just say that it didn't go very well. The doc accused me of selling my Tramadol script which is something I'd never do - she just has a hard time believing that I can down up to a single gram of this stuff and then not pass out. Y'know, like Elvis and his Demerol. Anyway, she made it clear that she would write me a prescription for Tegretol only if my psychiatrist writes it, which means that we're back on square one.

Basically I think I did more damage than good with this conversation, after all this my GP will be extremely reluctant to write me Tramadol which is, uh... I'm not sure yet, could be both a good and a bad thing. :ughh:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Dude...

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
It's the behavior and not the lack of drugs at this point imo.

You could be prescribed the perfect cocktail that lets you function normally, but if you eat the months supply in like 3 days , it's not going to do any good.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Someone just send ASFB like 10,000 sugar pills so he can pop them to his heart's content.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You just seem predisposed to making bad decisions, op

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

but if you eat the months supply in like 3 days , it's not going to do any good.

This. A thousand times this. Since I can't be trusted around pills, I think the best course of action would be to have a prescription for a mood stabilizer that can't be used to get high, such as Lamictal/Lamotrigine, which I've used in the past, to good effect.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
You've posted about massive breakthroughs in the past "I don't need drugs any more!" then posted about massive benders, like a couple of weeks later, so at this point I'm just going to nod and smile and say, "well done"

Indecisive Squirrel
Apr 28, 2009
:stare:

Well this thread had wound up giving me some wonderful insight into the dangers & effects of Carbatrol. Like I knew it wasn’t anything to mess around with, but DANG.

ASF, I sincerely hope you don’t have any withdrawals from the drug as they can be brutal. Even if I miss a day, my body seems to have a small fit and I feel awful. Hopefully you can find a combo that works for you between the care of your GP and psychiatrist. I want to see you succeed as you seem like a cool and nice enough dude.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

redreader posted:

You've posted about massive breakthroughs in the past "I don't need drugs any more!" then posted about massive benders, like a couple of weeks later, so at this point I'm just going to nod and smile and say, "well done"

I wish ASF all the best and do not mean this in a judgmental way at all but taking statements such as 'I'm done with drugs' at face value is unreasonably optimistic if the person saying the words has been on them for many years.

ASF, I wouldn't exactly expect a GP to write a script willy-nilly for something like tegretol, might have been wise to leave that to your psychiatrist. I hope you won't suffer too much if the tramadol script ends due to this but it might be a good chance to stop cocktailing it all up and trying a single non-abusable drug. Take care of yourself, especially 'doing vert high doses' or Regretol might be a more apt name

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I was on lamotragine for a bit and it really did me a lot of good but then I got this gnarly full body rash all of a sudden one day and they took me straight off it due to the SJS thing. I took an antihistamine and the rash cleared up and none of my skin fell off, and I haven't found an adjunct that works as well since.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

How long have you been seeing your current psych and does she have a list of what you've taken, if not, say something along the lines of "(current medication) I don't like too much, and have tried (desired medication) in the past with good success"

However if you have even the slightest chance of running out sooner than the next refill don't play around with antipsychotics withdraw, not even for a week

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Thank you guys for the thoughtful words, needed someone to tell me the obvious before I did something dumb again. Yeah, Regretol just ain't for me – since it's a "funny" drug that can be used to get high, and as a junkie, I know I simply couldn't have resisted the urge to eat a fistful of these bad boys. Now what I need is an effective, yet "boring" drug that can't be used to get high – such as Lamictal/Lamotrigine. I've been taking "boring" drugs in the past, such as Citalopram SSRI, and did precisely zero incidents on those – because I knew that if I were to chug on them, I would only get sick.
Now I've been taking Lamictal in the past for years. Very subtle effects, but zero blowouts/incidents. Just the thing I needed, and indeed, need now.
I have a poo poo-ton of psych documentation, going all the way back to 1988, and I don't doubt I'll get Lamictal again from my shrink.

Now that we're on the shrink, she works at a walk-in clinic just across the street from the Roach Tower. Our appointments typically last around five minutes at most, so she's little more than a pill dispenser. You know what they say; you get what you pay for – and her services are free for me, so I can't really complain, can I? :)

Ah poo poo, I'm glad goons talked sense into me before I really went and got a Regretol prescription. :ughh:

I'm going to the flea market now, I need to buy me an ashtray. I ran plum out of ashtrays because another one fell victim to Spontaneous Ahtray Explosion. Well it's either that, or some gently caress upstairs is trolling me with a pellet gun, you make the call. :crossarms:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Is it possible in your environment for the ashtray to rapidly change temperature?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hey, I bet everyone around here knows the hapless Printer Goon story. Realized the other day that I'm in sort of a similar position between me, the doggo lady and mr. Weed. He was screwing her while I was repairing her computer the other day - most people would have found the situation to be extremely ironic, but not me, as I was fine with the whole deal. Not only that she's giving me tons of tobacco for free - really good tobacco, I might add - but every time I'm there I get to drink the wildest moonshine you can get in all of Eastern Europe.

You know you're getting good stuff when the host brings the booze in a pickle jar and pours you a cup of pee-yellow stuff using a small plastic funnel. I'm not sure what's the alcohol content of that stuff, and I suspect it's not about the alcohol at all, as only a few cups of this moonshine hits you like a train and leaves you a gaping mess. Pure evil in liquid form. Mr Weed told me that only a select few people get to drink her wild rakija as it's practically a given that the drinker will flip the gently caress out after only a few cups and make a huge ruckus. Hell, one time Mr. Weed and the doggo lady drank this stuff and it lead to a full-blown BDSM party with candle wax everywhere, torn drapes and demolished furniture. All while her kids were trying to sleep in their room, but that's another story (yes it does involve child protective services)

The amazing thing is that the DOG kept an eye on us so we didn't completely lose it. The lady's ex-husband was an abusive alcoholic, and the dog knows that rowdy adult people + booze = trouble. Tara the dog would come to check on us every few minutes to see if we were okay - she was totally cool with me as I'm not the aggressive drunk type, but mr. Weed jokingly offered her a cup of moonshine to which the dog loving lost it and started growling and barking at mr. Weed. This went on for like an hour and it got really old but by that time we had already drank all the booze in the house so it was time to go.

We didn't realize just how drunk we were until we got up; we could barely walk and it was pouring outside. To make the matters worse, when we waddled to the main road we saw that we missed the bus by like... 20 seconds and it wouldn't be another 30 minutes until the next one showed up, so we did the reasonable thing and jumped into the road right in front of the bus and started screaming and flailing around like complete morons. The driver could either run us over or do the reasonable thing and stop and let us in, which is what he did - even though this was against regulations as we weren't on the stop.

We then got on the bus terminal where we waited for another bus (mr. Weed was watering the tree while I pigged out on a sandwich) and then we boarded the bus n. 109 which was totally packed. The bus was some state of the art thing with IR sensors on the doors - meaning that if someone's standing at the doors, the doors will refuse to close and we'll be losing time because some moron doesn't realize that the bus is FULL and that there is no room on board for another freak.
Mr. Weed and I were getting angry as we were losing time at each stop, so after a few stops we started taking turns screaming and swearing at whoever was fouling the doors. I mean, it was obvious we were drunk beyond belief, as the passengers were giggling themselves silly - what do you do when you see a drunken beardo pointing a finger at no-one in particular, yelling something like "don't make me come back there" and "get away from the doors you loving peasant." And here's one for the Yugo readers - I yelled out "E, ALO" and someone from the crowd replied "metnem ti ga malo" :D

I went to the flea market last Sunday with sole intention to buy me some drugs. Now, I am reliably informed by an acquaintance who works in the pharmaceuticals' factory, that if the pack of drugs has expired, this doesn't necessarily mean that the pills inside are bad by default. Some meds, like antibiotics, indeed go bad and they are incinerated, but expired benzos and opiates are just repackaged and sold to veterinarians at a hefty markup. Expiration date is just a date up until which the drug inside is guaranteed to be 100% effective, a year or two after expiration the drug is going to lose some of its potency but will still be okay. Genuinely sick people generally wouldn't like to take pills which were manufactured in like 2008, but we junkies simply don't care. I got me some valiums and two packs of trams, one of which was horribly expired. Now, I'm not sure if it was Fido Dope or the evil moonshine, but I apparently did more crimes against the furniture, as evidenced by these fine pictures:

This is my filthy poasting station. Uh, something just ain't right with that chair.

I think I ripped off the back rest and then McGyvered it back together with an... Ethernet cable? :staredog:

I'm not sure what the hell happened here, but one of the legs is sorta hovering in the air. I'm afraid to sit on this thing as every time I do this the chair complains with a chilling creak and snap. :stonk:

Well drat. I think I may need to steal a park bench and put it in my room, as these things are typically druggie-proof. Most of the time. :ughh:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

At least you weren't under the impression you were going to get into anyones pants by fixing their computer so you're still ahead of the printer dude. Wouldn't consider what sounds like Belladonna/methanol/whatever Rakija payment though

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

I yelled out "E, ALO" and someone from the crowd replied "metnem ti ga malo" :D

: D

drat, now I really want to get my hands on some of that rakija.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

So is that what Slobodan Praljak drank?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

spankmeister posted:

So is that what Slobodan Praljak drank?

ASF's probably survived worse than that over the course of this thread. Independent of a man committing suicide on live tv to defend his honor, which I feel I shouldn't joke about, that rakia effect below reads like a stellar plot outline for (Not the) Yugoslavia Tribunal - a XXX parody (god I hope that doesn't actually exist)

a full-blown BDSM party with candle wax everywhere, torn drapes and demolished furniture.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The internet has ruined me to the point I find his suicide sad but the memes about it funny

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I went to the flea market last Sunday with sole intention to buy me some drugs. Now, I am reliably informed by an acquaintance who works in the pharmaceuticals' factory, that if the pack of drugs has expired, this doesn't necessarily mean that the pills inside are bad by default. Some meds, like antibiotics, indeed go bad and they are incinerated, but expired benzos and opiates are just repackaged and sold to veterinarians at a hefty markup. Expiration date is just a date up until which the drug inside is guaranteed to be 100% effective, a year or two after expiration the drug is going to lose some of its potency but will still be okay. Genuinely sick people generally wouldn't like to take pills which were manufactured in like 2008, but we junkies simply don't care. I got me some valiums and two packs of trams, one of which was horribly expired. Now, I'm not sure if it was Fido Dope or the evil moonshine, but I apparently did more crimes against the furniture, as evidenced by these fine pictures:

This is my filthy poasting station. Uh, something just ain't right with that chair.

I think I ripped off the back rest and then McGyvered it back together with an... Ethernet cable? :staredog:

I'm not sure what the hell happened here, but one of the legs is sorta hovering in the air. I'm afraid to sit on this thing as every time I do this the chair complains with a chilling creak and snap. :stonk:

Well drat. I think I may need to steal a park bench and put it in my room, as these things are typically druggie-proof. Most of the time. :ughh:

You are a tragic hero in the purest sense. You are positively Shakespearean.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Hell, one time Mr. Weed and the doggo lady drank this stuff and it lead to a full-blown BDSM party with candle wax everywhere, torn drapes and demolished furniture. All while her kids were trying to sleep in their room, but that's another story (yes it does involve child protective services)

Did you live in America at some point? How do you know to call it this in English?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster posted:

Did you live in America at some point? How do you know to call it this in English?

I cant edit my posts so: "it" refers to "child protective services"

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Iirc, he learned English from watching a fuckton of anime and other shows that had been dubbed (or subtitled?) to English. Which explains why his speaking is more ‘normal’ than scholarly, like you would hear from speakers who went to school to learn proper English.

No comments about my own poor English, despite growing up in the US plz

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I'd expect all Croatian and ex-Yu goons following this thread to know what CPS is, despite not learning it in school and not having lived in the US. Like we know what FEMA, NRA, IRS, DMV or OSHA are. We learn through movies, news, SA threads...

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Doctor Malaver posted:

I'd expect all Croatian and ex-Yu goons following this thread to know what CPS is, despite not learning it in school and not having lived in the US. Like we know what FEMA, NRA, IRS, DMV or OSHA are. We learn through movies, news, SA threads...

Pretty much this. Our generation grew up with (on?) the Internet. When you consider the sheer volume of English to which we are exposed daily, it would've been weird if we didn't end up speaking it rather well. And even the people who didn't officially study English in school speak at least some form of pidgin English, courtesy of the subtitles on TV and the Internet. Croatia is a touristy place, and I think it's great that everyone speaks at least one foreign language, making it easy for tourists to speak to the locals in case they get lost and need directions for example. :)

Anyways, there is a strange new development. :ughh:

Someone rang the intercom the last Sunday, and the caller asked if I was [mr. Fatbeard] and the owner of [property C]. I said that indeed I am, but was confused as to what all of this had to do with... anything really. The voice on the intercom then introduced himself as "your new tenant." :stonk:

There's this kid, called Dario, who had apparently been Mario's roommate for quite some time. The kid is very young, hell, the shirt I'm wearing at the moment is older than him. He told me that Mario eloped from the apartment because he screwed up bigtime; I knew something was up but I must say that I was quite surprised with what Dario told me.
Basically, Mario had a sweet tooth for speed and other amphetamines, and roughly a month ago he was caught being high as poo poo at work. This of course, meant that he was fired immediately. The kid did tell me at one point that he was "in between jobs" but neglected to mention that he was fired - the phrase "in between jobs" basically means "I more than likely won't pay the rent next month" so this is always bad news.
It gets worse though, Mario spent his last salary on drugs, and then mooched money off of Dario the roommate for more drugs before hitting the road. Since I have to pay income tax in advance, and since Mario embezzled and spent my money on drugs, it turns out I paid the tax on Mario's Speed. :ughh:

Not everything is bad though, Dario the kid seems okay (though there is no reliable way to verify this) and he forked over the rent money that Mario spent - basically paying TWO rents for November. The damage in the apartment is minimal, and I feel that it's Dario who is the "hosed party" here, not me. :(

So basically, I've had a new tenant for a whole month without knowing it. Mario never bothered to tell me what was up, and that wasn't nice. gently caress, he was dealt a really good hand and he blew it all - had a stable job, a home and a girlfriend - now he has nothing. I mean, I'm not the one to talk, but I just hope that one day he'll realize how silly it was from him to get high at work. Gooey hubris aside, yeah I never got high at work, though I saw tons of people getting fired over tiny drink/drug infractions.

Worse yet, this morning a neighbor phoned me up and asked me what was the surname of Waldo the hapless tenant who moved out half a year ago (remember him?)
Turns out he bummed 800 Kunas (~ $110) from the guy to pay for his mom's dentures, and the neighbor wanted his money back - but wasn't sure what was Waldo's exact name. Once again my tenants are embarrassing me. But things will be getting better - I hope. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Oh yeah, another one bites the dust! :haw:

Btw, Mario had a hamster. It's Dario's hamster now. If Dario bails out it's gonna become my hamster. The gently caress, I'm seriously gonna inherit a goddamn hamster. :ughh: