Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I would really like to know what kinda steroids The Golden One is on now. They not only succeeded in making him jacked but also gave him a permanent mescaline high :lsd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:same:

Except the opposite.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I wish the golden one would just drop the Nazi poo poo and be a good person and raise adorable adopted multiracial babies with contra.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://slatestarscratchpad.tumblr.com/post/166522121736/shlevy-please-dont-jump-the-cut-if-youre-not

if only scott could specify which feminists he's referring to when claiming that the common thing they do is ignore harassment of men by women or say it doesn't exist.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Has Scott ever admitted to loving up something important or is he a Never Owned?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fututor Magnus posted:

https://slatestarscratchpad.tumblr.com/post/166522121736/shlevy-please-dont-jump-the-cut-if-youre-not

if only scott could specify which feminists he's referring to when claiming that the common thing they do is ignore harassment of men by women or say it doesn't exist.

Yeah remember when people totally did that when Terry Crews came forward with oh wait no they didn't, everyone thanked him for coming forward about it and showing how "they should have fought them off harder" is a bullshit response

Skittle Prickle
Oct 28, 2005

The best-tasting pickle I ever heard!

Fututor Magnus posted:

I'm just glad he didn't do his normal thing, where he trawls through comment sections or random obscure blogs to find his straw feminist talking points and then paint them as mainstream thought. I'm sure he could've found a TERF blog somewhere attacking male victims.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The latest iteration of Scott Alexander is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

http://tanadrin.tumblr.com/post/166668059920/this-pisses-me-off-so-so-much-warning-what

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I AM SO loving SICK OF THE GALLING BULLSHIT SPEWED FORTH BY THE TOXOPLASMIC WORLD OF OUTGROUP-HATE SIGNALLING LIARS WHO DON'T ENAGAGE IN calm & honest truth-seeking debate LIKE ME AN MY SLATESTARCODEX GUY.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I wish the golden one would just drop the Nazi poo poo and be a good person and raise adorable adopted multiracial babies with contra.

'Tis a pity he's a facist.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
Seattle's The Stranger sent someone undercover to a white nationalist meetup.

The Stranger posted:

According to my observations, the standard Seattle Nazi is a white male under 30 who either works in the tech industry or is going to school to work in the tech industry. “You’re also a coder? Do you mind if I send you something I’ve been working on?” I heard that more than once.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

speaking of scott, i like how here he's worried about people not buying accusations of sexual assault etc. from the alt-right without stopping to actually think about whether the alt-right will use the information in a non-exploitative and politically expedient way. but i find it funny that the issue scott sees is that people won't be receptive to alt-right doing a "good thing", without thinking about whether any majot alt-right person has actually done such things before, which in reality they essentially have not, but i suppose only leftists exploit things for political reasons.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Yet more confirmation of things that have been known for years

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007
I feel like it's my job in here to come in every once in a while to scold everyone for being too harsh, or technically incorrect on questions x y or z, so let me be the first to say: this post loving sucks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Oligopsony posted:

I feel like it's my job in here to come in every once in a while to scold everyone for being too harsh, or technically incorrect on questions x y or z, so let me be the first to say: this post loving sucks.

I'm sorry what is this person even trying to say

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

That the races have different IQs and the only reason he can't say black people are dumber than white people is society keeping him down. That's a charitable interpretation.

Also the first loving sentence in the second paragraph is citation needed as all hell. Jesus.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm sorry what is this person even trying to say

Racists are the Galileos of our time.

Also someone smart cannot be curious about the bible without becoming an atheist.

Hate Fibration has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Oct 25, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

there's someone in the comments of that post valiantly trying to convince people that being criticised for your opinions is, in fact, not the same as a stalinist purge

Edit: omg later on in the thread someone tries to make it better by saying, "I think the correct analogy there would be Nazi Germany, right?"

Metis of the Chat Thread has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Oct 25, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Relevant Tangent posted:

That the races have different IQs and the only reason he can't say black people are dumber than white people is society keeping him down. That's a charitable interpretation.

Also the first loving sentence in the second paragraph is citation needed as all hell. Jesus.

I wonder how much cognitive dissonance it takes to think not being allowed to say "Well maybe blacks are just dumber" is the true problem of science when climate change is ruining the planet

Especially because like, all of these people are willing to be nice to "Climate change is a liberal myth" types if they're willing to hear them out on the "Exterminate the brutes!" line of thought

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So one of these clowns apparently murdered his dad in an argument over Pizzagate.

:stare:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I wonder how much cognitive dissonance it takes to think not being allowed to say "Well maybe blacks are just dumber" is the true problem of science when climate change is ruining the planet

Especially because like, all of these people are willing to be nice to "Climate change is a liberal myth" types if they're willing to hear them out on the "Exterminate the brutes!" line of thought

I don't perceive climate change as directly impacting my life, and I probably won't have to deal with the worst parts of it, but I see all the time all these people with melanin doing stuff I don't like and people are always telling me to stop being a dick when I'm just stating facts, so from my perspective, one of these situations is vastly more urgent.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
Also I love him talking about scientists and curiosity like he understands either when the entire loving psychological edifice underlying rationalism and the dark enlightenment is an all-consuming, knee jellying fear of being wrong about things.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/922242483643473921

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

*tears into a loaf of garlic bread with his teeth* I AM THE BREADCONQUEROR

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

ah yes, SA: notable bastion of genocide enthusiasts

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Those are ancom Twitter jokes, of course.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I've been here for years and I have never seen anyone say either of those things

https://twitter.com/darkespyne252/status/922246589543956480

???

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Goons can be identified by a distinct scar where their familiar feeds on their blood, usually on the spot of skin between two fingers.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Relevant Tangent posted:

hey hey hey there's a lot more to it than that!! women r dum too you know :biotruths:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I've been here for years and I have never seen anyone say either of those things

https://twitter.com/darkespyne252/status/922246589543956480

???

I always associated both of those with Tumblr more than anything. Or maybe it's a FYAD thing? Bizarre

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I assume they're talking about the bio blurb section on twitter, since that's the only place where "authority disliker" would even make sense. Idk mine just says "Buhhhhh" or something dumb like that because who cares

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ate all the Oreos posted:

I assume they're talking about the bio blurb section on twitter, since that's the only place where "authority disliker" would even make sense. Idk mine just says "Buhhhhh" or something dumb like that because who cares

It wouldn't be dark enlightenment without unthinking pattern matching with massive confirmation bias.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
"You see, you can always tell a goon because they have this particular behaviour. Also, have you noticed how all toupees look bad?"

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Oligopsony posted:

Catholicism looking better and better compared to progressivism, eh? The trinity is almost perfectly calculated to not have real world implications and the Church was pretty good about getting dogma out of the way when it contradicted reality. Progs are the opposite. The stuff you can’t talk about is the most important stuff and they continually expand the areas where you’re not allowed to notice reality.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Even if every single word Damore wrote was 100% false, he should not have been fired. Firing people because they say something false is completely hosed.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
So does that mean the grenade or asking about stairs in your house isn't the goon shibboleth anymore? This is what I get for skipping this week's secret "destroy the internet" meeting.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Don Gato posted:

So does that mean the grenade or asking about stairs in your house isn't the goon shibboleth anymore? This is what I get for skipping this week's secret "destroy the internet" meeting.

It’s simple risk evaluation — the same reason goons infiltrate and destroy everything. To the extent that your faction is on top, you want to make sure nothing ever changes, because change is almost certainly going to be bad for you. There’s always room for refining the apologetics of your faction, of course, but there’s a reason these people never engage beyond the level of smug one-liners and threats.

Even the existence of communities that haven’t been wholly annexed to the orthodox faction is a threat. Remember that Cass Sunstein article about how it’s actually bad for people to have lives because Hitler? The obvious interpretation of that is that he’s trying to say atomization is good for oligarchs because it lowers the risk that a competing movement will arise. The same logic applies here.

I don’t think this is a conscious strategy. Members of the same subculture tend to share behavioral traits, and selection applies over subcultures — that’s all. But it’s probably a bad idea to let Inquisitors into your group sex club.

(In the Discord I run, I permaban anyone who’s so much as dated one of these people. That’s maybe a bit extreme. But the geek social fallacy of inclusion leads to some major implicit blackmail problems, and I don’t see many people who are serious about avoiding them.)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Don Gato posted:

Ever since Soros took over he's been really good about upping security protocols.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

420 Gank Mid posted:

Ever since Soros took over he's been really good about upping security protocols.

I think I read a book about his protocols once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It’s simple risk evaluation — the same reason goons infiltrate and destroy everything. To the extent that your faction is on top, you want to make sure nothing ever changes, because change is almost certainly going to be bad for you.

You can tell immediately that this guy totally had his spaceman blown up in eve online multiple times :allears: