Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

I was getting the payment method error thing in Steam itself but clicking download on the page here worked for me. It's an extra 680mb download on top of the 4.5gb of the patch.

Yeah this worked just fine for me, I didn't encounter a purchase page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Either they just fixed it for everyone or going through steampowered.com and installing through that works, the proper ME is downloading for me now (680 mb)

e: beaten like Belegar to Karak Eight-Peaks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I was getting the payment method error thing in Steam itself but clicking download on the page here worked for me. It's an extra 680mb download on top of the 4.5gb of the patch.

not the hero we deserve but the hero we need

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

kinda unsure who to play first, just finished up a skaven run or I'd do Queek, anybody else get a good position to punch some old world races?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

time to remove all units requiring micro from my armies so that I can just sit and watch Tyrion do sync kills

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

nopantsjack posted:

kinda unsure who to play first, just finished up a skaven run or I'd do Queek, anybody else get a good position to punch some old world races?

I think Malekith is probably well-placed to go raiding the Old World once he's established at home.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
You bastards with your internet that can download 4.5 gigs in a reasonable amount of time.

My internet is Thorgrim walking through the badlands slow.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Queek starts with warp lighting cannon, GOTY 2017

also holy gently caress is the map huge

all my mods seem to work but I'm not using anything fancy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Martout posted:

How're the turn times?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

hooman posted:

You bastards with your internet that can download 4.5 gigs in a reasonable amount of time.

My internet is Thorgrim walking through the badlands slow.

4.5 gigs? dang, I'm not playing today.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I think Malekith is probably well-placed to go raiding the Old World once he's established at home.
Yeah, but I'd hold off until Norsca gets added because he borders them quite a bit. While DE are pretty drat great against loving up current-style Norsca, especially early, its boring and I'd rather fight nuNorsca. Queek is probably one of the best to start mixing it up in the Old World. The Southlands might be ground zero for new DLC factions, but Queek can always push northwards and start fighting there. Ulthuan might be a good one to go show the upstart races who is really the boss, too.

I held off on Skaven in the Vortex campaign so I could start with Queek in the ME campaign.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man I dont know what the difference is in this game to the last but the campaign map runs like total poo poo for me, 7600k and a 970. Ran fine in warhammer 1.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Martout posted:

praise be to the horned rat, skreeeeeeeeee

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

nopantsjack posted:

Krok-Gar is in a good position to barrel north and insert himself forcibly into the Badlands Dwarf/Greenskin/Skavenbowl.

If you want to be in the middle of everyone, start Skarsnik since he really didn't get changed in foundations and is basically the same as he ever was.

If you're ok not having the Regiments of Renown, Wood elves and Beastmen are still in good position to do anything they want to do really.

Edit: Tyrion is probably another good contender because IIRC Ulthuan is considerably smaller and it won't take as long to confederate it all and go gently caress off elsewhere.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Im stuck at work, someone tell me how integrated the skaven are in the old world. Is it just Skavenblight + Hellpit + Queek or are there a bunch scattered around?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Martout posted:

sold

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

SickZip posted:

Im stuck at work, someone tell me how integrated the skaven are in the old world. Is it just Skavenblight + Hellpit + Queek or are there a bunch scattered around?

Queek starts in the Southlands by Khemri but close to the badlands and has to push north. Skavenblight and Hellpit are on map, I think the former is controlled by Clan Eshin and the latter by Clan Moulder and IIRC the Skaven victory conditions for both Queek and Skrolk involve taking control of them.

Edit: I would bet you'll see random Skaven armies pop up on occasion like the TWW1 Savage Orc and Beasmen uprisings.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Mordja posted:

How're the turn times?

timed it, just for you!

about 45-50 seconds at the very start with all factions in play but no camera jumping about because I can see so little of the map.

I'm on a by now very old i7 and turn times are almost exclusively down to cpu so mileage will vary a lot I figure. pretty sure you'll want to turn the camera follow off completely once the map opens up to you because there are just sooo many factions

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is there much province consolodation in the world compared to the first and second maps? I kind of figured there would be a lot of territory squishing happening especially in the Empire and Naggarond and Badlands.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Martout posted:

timed it, just for you!

about 45-50 seconds at the very start with all factions in play but no camera jumping about because I can see so little of the map.

I'm on a by now very old i7 and turn times are almost exclusively down to cpu so mileage will vary a lot I figure. pretty sure you'll want to turn the camera follow off completely once the map opens up to you because there are just sooo many factions

this is gonna get painful

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

nopantsjack posted:

this is gonna get painful

embrace the madness

and prepare thyself for game 3

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I'm kinda tempted to get the blood DLC, but part of the reason I never got it for the first game is that I heard it can cause a bit of an FPS drop, and my system already chugs a bit when I actually zoom in on the action. Is it really the case?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

time to remove all units requiring micro from my armies so that I can just sit and watch Tyrion do sync kills

I am looking forward to watching my all Dino army chew down on the never ending armies of dark elves at my boarders.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so buying DLC for warham 1 will give me DLC for warham 2? Do I understand correctly before I spend money?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Drunk in Space posted:

I'm kinda tempted to get the blood DLC, but part of the reason I never got it for the first game is that I heard it can cause a bit of an FPS drop, and my system already chugs a bit when I actually zoom in on the action. Is it really the case?

Yes (at least in my case), but there are/will be mods that tone it down to less ridiculous levels

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

so buying DLC for warham 1 will give me DLC for warham 2? Do I understand correctly before I spend money?

Yes, all DLC carries over.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

It should, since all the DLC does is let you play the faction/use units in MP/SP and the AI can use them regardless.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The pro tip is to start a skarsnik campaign since he was basically unchanged in the foundation update, plus the empire secessionists should be around for easy bullying

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

The faction DLC only lets you play as those factions; they still exist in their entirety as AI controlled factions in the campaign, so if you don’t really care about wood elves for instance, you can probably skip their DLC

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Do you need to own all the TWW1 DLC to have access to it in TWW2 with the new patch?

Edit: read the whole page numbnuts :v:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

One of the best online battles I've seen in the game. The end was awesome and a good example of overcoming an army composition disadvantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHj-4vpbTd0

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Drunk in Space posted:

My computer struggles a bit with the game as well but the blood pack makes everything about a thousand times more satisfying and I highly recommend it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

My computer struggles a bit with the game as well but the blood pack makes everything about a thousand times more satisfying and I highly recommend it.

That's a little disturbing.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Yes, but bear in mind you can only (currently) play the factions in Mortal Empires, which you need WH1 for. Although I guess you can play Beastmen and Welves in TW2 multpilayer without owning WH1(??).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Goblin fanatics are worth it finally.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

That's a little disturbing.

I honestly don't know why you would play this game if you don't find your artillery vaporizing chunks of the enemy army satisfying to watch.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The Blood DLC makes units look like they popped a bunch of ketchup packets near their face. Fey Enchantress floatin' along with a face full of red tide like she don't give a gently caress is pretty comical.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

I honestly don't know why you would play this game if you don't find your artillery vaporizing chunks of the enemy army satisfying to watch.

But is it a thousand times more satisfying to see blood and gore?

I'll stick with my sexier Morathi mod to get my jollies, thanks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

sassassin posted:

yes :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

sassassin posted:

I'll stick with my sexier Morathi mod to get my jollies, thanks.

Blood for the Blood God bitch.