Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is it weird how few videogames we can say this of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Reading the comments of an Ars Technical article about three women Uber engineers suing the company for discrimination was illuminating. Any post that starts with “If you buy into the Holocaust[...]” is going to be a roller coaster.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Link or paste that poo poo, it sounds like a fun read

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Dude got off easy, I’m day drunk and accidentally gave him 6 hours instead of the month I meant to dole out.

Allah ackbar

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/923572909687410688

Lol get hosed Bill

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Link or paste that poo poo, it sounds like a fun read

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/10/uber-is-the-latest-tech-company-to-be-sued-for-gender-bias/?comments=1

quote:

I go with the realist angle. The whining that Blacks do has gotten on many people's nerves, mine included. They are the only group to do so much whining and demanding for things that clearly they are not entitled to. Then to turn around and act as bad or worse than the very Whites they claim are racist are then say its normal is the best example of doublethink I've encountered to date.

For those that buy into the Holocaust, for example, the Jews have *way* more reason to whine to the German peoples. Do they? No. Not even close to the level Blacks have done.

You seem to think that called someone a White supremacist immediately negates any truth they post. Try harder junior.

Ah. Tech.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

The game could suck and I’m still going to buy it without remorse just to support the marketing.

Early reviews are very positive if you like single player games where you run around shooting interesting weapons, in interesting ways, at nazis/the klan.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 26, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The vast media conspiracy led by the Clinton's is slowly closing in on another kill

Wow.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I legit assumed he'd get away with it and make a comeback, because this is the reality we live in.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was skeptical that he'd kill himself but not so much anymore. He can't stand not having an audience and this is snowballing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

The vast media conspiracy led by the Clinton's is slowly closing in on another kill

Wow.

Right?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I legit assumed he'd get away with it and make a comeback, because this is the reality we live in.

Still plenty of time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

He's got enough money to bankroll his own publishing, and it's not like there aren't right wing influenced publishers.

Imagine a world with Bill O'Reilly self published harlequin novellas. :allears:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
When Bill was on Glenn Beck, even Glenn Beck was skeptical of his claims and had Glenn read thank you letters from Bill's victims to show they must be lying!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

He's got enough money to bankroll his own publishing, and it's not like there aren't right wing influenced publishers.

Imagine a world with Bill O'Reilly self published harlequin novellas. :allears:
He wrote a novel about a tv reporter who murders a bunch of people to get revenge from his ouster from his network. It's been pointed out that the situation described in the novel is eerily similar to how he left CBS.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bill O'Reilley: next InfoWars correspondent?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Bill O'Reilly has a ton of lovely books that are sold at Cracker Barrel.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

CommieGIR posted:

Bill O'Reilly has a ton of lovely books that are sold at Cracker Barrel.

I get one like every other year from grandma. Please, literally anything else. A candy bar, nothing!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

my kinda ape posted:

I get one like every other year from grandma. Please, literally anything else. A candy bar, nothing!

I read one of his World War 2 documentary books, think it was Fall of the Empire of the Rising Sun.

It was pure flag waving garbage.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
He had a fiction book that was about how some people conspired to murder Patton after the war that my uncle gave me one year for Christmas. But later on my uncle got drunk and asked me how I could sleep safe at night when my cross the hall neighbors are Muslims so I stuck it in a box somewhere and forgot about it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeroisanumber posted:

He had a fiction book that was about how some people conspired to murder Patton after the war that my uncle gave me one year for Christmas. But later on my uncle got drunk and asked me how I could sleep safe at night when my cross the hall neighbors are Muslims so I stuck it in a box somewhere and forgot about it.

That wasn't supposed to be fiction

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gonna go out on a limb and assume oreilly has written :911: books for every war except the civil war

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That wasn't supposed to be fiction

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FAUXTON posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and assume oreilly has written :911: books for every war except the civil war

Newt got you, fam.

Guess who wins in Newt's book.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

FAUXTON posted:

Well he did "write" that "Killing Lincoln" garbage book.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeroisanumber posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Newt got you, fam.

Guess who wins in Newt's book.

Lmfao at the picture of Lee at the head of his army

Lee was such a shitshow at Gettysburg that historians have debated ever since whether he was loving bedridden with some heart issue or his career was a sham built on the ability of cavalry scouts.

Like the only other figure with as much :wtf: discussion was McClellan and for the most part historians have figured out that he thought the rebel forces were like 5x the size they actually were.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 26, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My old commander recommendee his Patton book. Me, I'm looking forward to Killing Myself, by Bill O'Reilly.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

Lmfao at the picture of Lee at the head of his army

Lee was such a shitshow at Gettysburg that historians have debated ever since whether he was loving bedridden with some heart issue or his career was a sham built on the ability of cavalry scouts.

The Army of Northern Virginia just wasn't the same after Jackson got killed. And it was about that time, post-Chancellorsville, when the Union started to run out of complete blithering fools and promote people (Hancock, Grant, Sherman, Meade) who were actually good at their jobs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FAUXTON posted:

Like the only other figure with as much :wtf: discussion was McClellan and for the most part historians have figured out that he thought the rebel forces were like 5x the size they actually were.

You need some way to rationalize how the south thought they had a winning chance. Believing their treasonous hearts had conscripted an extra few hundred thousand southern sons ready to martyr themselves for slavery was McClellans

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A buddy of mine posted this 6 years ago, but it's still relevant.

Get hosed Bill

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Army of Northern Virginia just wasn't the same after Jackson got killed. And it was about that time, post-Chancellorsville, when the Union started to run out of complete blithering fools and promote people (Hancock, Grant, Sherman, Meade) who were actually good at their jobs.

Wasn't it Sickles who drat near threw the fight at Gettysburg because he blundered right up into rebel guns because he tried marching through a orchard or some poo poo instead of following orders

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if trump is dumping reports on jfk and newtown why not area 51 poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

Wasn't it Sickles who drat near threw the fight at Gettysburg because he blundered right up into rebel guns because he tried marching through a orchard or some poo poo instead of following orders

Apocryphal story about that that I remember from Ken Burns' Civil War. Hancock watched him march off and said, "Yonder rolls Sickles. We'll wait a little while and he'll come rolling back."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if trump is dumping reports on jfk and newtown why not area 51 poo poo

Like he would ever tell the truth about the societal benefits of aliens

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

Like he would ever tell the truth about the societal benefits of aliens

If they're not brown and/or have money to stay at Trump hotels, sure he would.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/791263939015376902

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Can someone give me the rundown on what the Hillary uranium scandal thing is supposed to be about? I keep seeing conservatives mention it but I've never seen an explanation of what they're actually talking about.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

my kinda ape posted:

Can someone give me the rundown on what the Hillary uranium scandal thing is supposed to be about? I keep seeing conservatives mention it but I've never seen an explanation of what they're actually talking about.

It's a dumb nothingburger just like everything the alt right digs their heels in on.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

It's a dumb nothingburger just like everything the alt right digs their heels in on.

Pretty much, yeah

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/922989558739947522

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

Right wing radio got grandpa riled up enough that he called his congressman, congressman realizes that the magic word "Hillary" makes any GOP voter collapse into a frothing rage and ignore anything else that's going on around them = Hillary sold all our uranium to Russia for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

...of the Chappaqua Hiking Society.

• Locked thread