Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So I saw people saying TB spent over a thousand dollars playing this mobile game is that real? Is there truth to this accusation like, a thousand dollars on a single mobile game would be...quite the dedication?

A hundred dollars I can understand anybody doing if they liked a game but they were saying "Thousand" dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mario is the ultimate assassin. Imagine waking up standing over a fresh body, bloody knife in hand, your hair matted and strands of black whiskers dotting your upper lip.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the real harvest moons are now called Yatta!! My Upperclassman's a Farmer?? (๑-﹏-๑)

It's called Stardew Valley

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CJacobs posted:

Another thing he needs to know first is can you adjust the fov? Because being able to adjust the fov in the afterlife might broaden his lovely narrow horizons a little bit

Gamer afterlife has a list of options that's directly related to your karmic score when you die. Do a lot of good in your life and you can really fine-tune the experience. Do too much bad and you're stuck with non-inverted controls and voices that are always drowned out by the sound effects with no way to adjust them separately.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Bought tickets for i62 this morning now to wait 5 months to spend a weekend in what will be the worst smelling building in the UK

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Gamer afterlife has a list of options that's directly related to your karmic score when you die. Do a lot of good in your life and you can really fine-tune the experience. Do too much bad and you're stuck with non-inverted controls and voices that are always drowned out by the sound effects with no way to adjust them separately.

*sets graphics settings to Mein Leben! quality*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not letting you in my house

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

It's called Story of Seasons :geno:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/923512784578637824

quote:

"All I need to do is maintain enough CCU [concurrent users] to make sure that if you join, the matchmaking works decently enough and people get hooked enough, while also telegraphing every drat thing we're working on," Bleszinski tells GamesIndustry.biz.

There but for the grace of God go Cliff.

Also this part of the article:

quote:

It would be easy to argue much of the disappointment Lawbreakers has evoked stems from Bleszinski's reputation and - given his own admission that "I've always been polarising" - his frank nature when it comes to responding to criticism. But the veteran developer is convinced his name doesn't carry the weight that people might think.

"If you take your average 16-year-old CS:GO or Overwatch player, they don't know who the gently caress I am, they don't care," he says. "The people who know me are like 30 to 40. Your average 25-year-old doesn't know. They're more excited about pro gamers, YouTubers or Twitch streamers."

It's the latter that Boss Key hopes to get on side to help spread the word about Lawbreakers. Brussee even confirms that the game and its mechanics were designed as much with Twitch viewers in mind than active players.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

*fan

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

fan death is real

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got this, and heck, I like it.

Thank you

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So I saw people saying TB spent over a thousand dollars playing this mobile game is that real? Is there truth to this accusation like, a thousand dollars on a single mobile game would be...quite the dedication?

A hundred dollars I can understand anybody doing if they liked a game but they were saying "Thousand" dollars.

With zero evidence I'm going to say this is absolutely 100% true.

Also, folks spending that much money on these games is far more common than you'd think, and it's entirely why they're profitable.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Unpopular opinion, but I legitimately like CliffyB for how aggro and candid he is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He thought Bioshock Infinite had a good story so I am disinclined to agree with anything he says.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He tries too hard idk

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

If Cliffy had made a good game in years I'd like him more.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mordja posted:

Unpopular opinion, but I legitimately like CliffyB for how aggro and candid he is.

Maybe when he had the chops to back it up. When his new game has 7 people playing it then it just looks sad.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I respect Cliffy for his work but he's one of those people who should have all their mobile devices taken away from them. Before Roger Ebert's body was cold he was throwing shade at the guy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i love cliffy b for the same reason i love chris metzen

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Junimo Panic!!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tengai Makyou Zero is a pretty late SNES game but the encounter rate and pacing of battle is horrendous coupled with some basic rear end dungeon design. It actually highlights how well designed Lufia 2 was which has similar features but there's actual puzzles and poo poo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

Brussee even confirms that the game and its mechanics were designed as much with Twitch viewers in mind than active players.

I can't imagine a more fickle group to try and sway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The strategy in and of itself is not a bad one, it's just more that you can't predict where that particular lightning is gonna strike. Twitch crowned PUBG god instead of Lawbreakers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no one could have guessed people would like the good game and not the bad one

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's a lesson I thought people learned with Battleborn and Evolve. If you set out to specifically create an esports game the community will reject it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

mutata posted:

The strategy in and of itself is not a bad one, it's just more that you can't predict where that particular lightning is gonna strike. Twitch crowned PUBG god instead of Lawbreakers.

PUBG is also super popular in countries where most people don't use twitch, obviously it helped but it's just overall a game people really enjoy playing and watching.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

al-azad posted:

It's a lesson I thought people learned with Battleborn and Evolve. If you set out to specifically create an esports game the community will reject it.

But there's DOTA2 and Overwatch making a billion dollars a year to counter this

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best game about chasing Lightning is XIII-2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Those games have a bunch of memorable characters that people like to draw fanart of... and cosplay as... and ship...

That was probably CliffyB's problem

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Those games have a bunch of memorable characters that people like to draw fanart of... and cosplay as... and ship...

That was probably CliffyB's problem

tbh that probably is, yeah, lol. he made such a big deal about not being "cartoony and anime" like overwatch but, it also means his game is insanely boring to look at and has basically zero character. like even the guy i know who really enjoyed lawbreakers said that everything outside of the gameplay was pretty average

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 26, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

But there's DOTA2 and Overwatch making a billion dollars a year to counter this

dota was an esport way before dota 2 became a thing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should've tried to break into the burgeoning mobile esports market.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not getting a gold star for time in Steamworld Dig 2 because I keep going to the town and just listening to the music for a bit.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grapplejack posted:

Assassin's Creed appears to have accidentally ended up in that list.

Apparently in the new AC eagle vision has been replaced with an actual eagle.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

since eagle vision is passed down through genetic memory ubisoft has confirmed: you gently caress the eagle in assassin's creed origins

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hopefully Ubisoft copies FC Primal and lets the eagle drop bee bombs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
More games need orbeetital strike capability.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

Apparently in the new AC eagle vision has been replaced with an actual eagle.

they should replace the rest of the game, with a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost