Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I really can't stand the "Look vaguely confused mopey puppy dog eyes" look he does though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, my brain is broken today.

But regardless of his name, he's really showing some chops and that scene with the ice just crushed it. I said in the Riverdale thread that he's probably gonna be like the next Ryan Gosling.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

After a weak first season performance out of him, he's doing a really great job so far this season.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Canadian television show Travelers (S1 on Netflix) has an incredibly huge amount of Canadian Sci-Fi actors playing very similar roles.

Enrico Colantoni, Amanda Tapping, and Stephen Lobo (Kellogg from Continuum) in the premiere of season 2.

It's a good unconventional time travel show that takes a few episodes to start.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eric McCormack is the lead in that, right? Been meaning to check it out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Travelers is awesome and the return of W&G worries me that McCormack won't be back for a third season.

So I watched a few episodes of the Gifted based on the praise here and uh, you guys are dumb because this is loving terrible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

W&G has shortened seasons afaik, unless the next season is back to a full order. Doubtful since the cast has other stuff to do.

If Travelers gets cancelled it will be because we're bad at doing TV in Canada. I imagine it's an easy enough schedule for him to work around.

Hopefully.

e: idk why i read that as cancelled and not just his return being doubtful. i'm not even high yet!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvkhVqWHR7k

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At Home with Amy Sedaris owns

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Binged through the Office up to Season 8 and man, it seems like James Spader is playing his Boston Legal Character on this show with dry know-it-all personality. He becomes likable soon, right?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

'Dry know it all personality' is p much what Spader does, though. Is he also sarcastic??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Spader basically just plays himself at 11. And no, he doesn't get the usual Office face turn treatment. He's just James Spader.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That almost makes me want to watch The Office. Almost.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The new episode of gently caress Scientology is talking about statistics & it's bringing me back to my old job where I had to record my stats at the end of every week & got harassed if I didn't :smithicide:

Don't work for Scientologists, not that you needed me to tell you that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Spader basically just plays himself at 11. And no, he doesn't get the usual Office face turn treatment.

I'm guessing this is why the Office ended soon after.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, the Office was already on shaky ground with the loss of Carrell, Jim and Pam really finishing their personal arc, and Dwight getting kind of played out. 6 seasons is a long time for a sitcom and really all the characters just found their natural ends well before then. But it was a hit show so we get a bunch of seasons of stunt castings, main characters leaving or getting lessened, supporting characters being pushed up into main roles they really weren't suited for, and then the whole thing getting a final merciful end.

Its never super pretty when sitcoms go on past their expiration date. And most of them have pretty natural expiration dates.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

zoux posted:

How bout this, I hate loving multicams and I'm glad they're dying off.

i'm like 95% certain you read my threads about multi-cam sitcoms from ages ago so let me just reassure you that you are, in fact, wrong and bad

Cheers, Frasier, I Love Lucy, All in the Family and Mary Tyler Moore are better than 95% of single-cam sitcoms. just because the shows airing now are poo poo doesn't mean the entire thing is a waste.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Travelers is awesome and the return of W&G worries me that McCormack won't be back for a third season.

So I watched a few episodes of the Gifted based on the praise here and uh, you guys are dumb because this is loving terrible.

The last episode was awesome. It's better than 90% of superhero shows currently airing.

Travelers is really good this season, Volker getting high was a my fav bit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ok so far I like The Good Wife, and I really enjoy how they actually do address the inequities women face in competitive work environments instead of just paying lip service to it, and I dig how the main character has to balance a hosed up home life and catch up on technological advances since the last time she worked and live in the shadow of her husband's career and all that poo poo....

But I cannot make myself give a poo poo about her actual home life. I don't give a gently caress what her kids are doing, and I barely give a gently caress if her marriage survives (guessing it won't since the show is 7 seasons). Boy do I hope those elements fade into the background.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wonder why I had thought The Good Place was about a father and daughter who were pilots :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just for funsies, I watched the season premiere of The Shannara Chronicles. Still loving horrendous and completely worthless in a world where Riverdale exists.

Speaking of which, there's an actress who's a new regular on both shows and it's amazing how much worse she is in Shannara.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lurdiak posted:

Ok so far I like The Good Wife, and I really enjoy how they actually do address the inequities women face in competitive work environments instead of just paying lip service to it, and I dig how the main character has to balance a hosed up home life and catch up on technological advances since the last time she worked and live in the shadow of her husband's career and all that poo poo....

But I cannot make myself give a poo poo about her actual home life. I don't give a gently caress what her kids are doing, and I barely give a gently caress if her marriage survives (guessing it won't since the show is 7 seasons). Boy do I hope those elements fade into the background.

It does fade a bit. Some minor spoilers in future seasons at one point Alicia says she doesn't really care about her kids and she means it. Also one of them becomes religious and she's so insultingly dismissive about church that it's hilarious.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 26, 2017

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
The kids are easily the worst part about the series, but they don't really appear that often. It's still one of my favorite shows of all time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Just for funsies, I watched the season premiere of The Shannara Chronicles. Still loving horrendous and completely worthless in a world where Riverdale exists.

Speaking of which, there's an actress who's a new regular on both shows and it's amazing how much worse she is in Shannara.

Counterpoint: lesbians in leather and Manu Bennett.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I quite like Grace by the end of the Good Wife, but mostly because her basically fine life seems like a massive joke at Alicia's expense.

(I hated Alicia by the end of the show. Though that was, admittedly, partly affected by off-camera drama. But only partly.)

Edit: Oh, and The Good Wife develops a really, really bad habit of dropping plotlines with no resolution. It becomes absolutely chronic in the last two seasons. Be warned.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 26, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Counterpoint: lesbians in leather and Manu Bennett.

... I'm starting this tomorrow night.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

esperterra posted:

:lol: I look forward to your posts about how terrible it is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

disclaimer, it has moments where its lesbian adjacent.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Spader basically just plays himself at 11. And no, he doesn't get the usual Office face turn treatment. He's just James Spader.

My friends and I are convinced James Spader doesn't know he's on the Blacklist. They just bring him in and tell him to tell random stories and then write a script out of it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I wonder why I had thought The Good Place was about a father and daughter who were pilots :confused:

underrated post

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Wait Good Wife is a serialized drama? For some reason I thought it was a procedural with a few overarching storylines. I might have to check it out.

Thanks you HBO for making me unable to watch procedurals (I really should be thanking the show Wiseguy which was my first serial).

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

At Home with Amy Sedaris owns

Yeah, I'll admit I'm a huge SWC fan but I couldn't stop laughing, especially with the 2nd episode. Amy Sedaris loving rules.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

nate fisher posted:

For some reason I thought it was a procedural with a few overarching storylines.

Your thoughts are right. It's a CBS show at the end of the day.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

nate fisher posted:

Wait Good Wife is a serialized drama? For some reason I thought it was a procedural with a few overarching storylines. I might have to check it out.

Thanks you HBO for making me unable to watch procedurals (I really should be thanking the show Wiseguy which was my first serial).

It's primarily a legal procedural and that's also when it's at its best. The shows weakest season (season 6) is also the one with the least focus on run court cases and most focus on Alicia's dumb drama life.

It's a great show overall but you gotta come for the court stuff or you won't enjoy it probably.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok, Peter Gerety is here, that means someone from Law and Order is directing.

E: Yep, it's Alex Zakrzewski

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah The Good Wife is another show stacked with Wire actors.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Basically every show filmed in new york

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ohhhh, the Indian PI lady was badly hiding a British accent this whole time. No wonder she sounded so weird.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
American Vandal was just renewed for season 2 :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wonder if they're gonna follow up on this season or do a completely different true crime deal.

• Locked thread