Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Disco De Soto posted:

Ok next topic for discussion: Ultra Magnus figures. He's my sons favourite so I'm thinking either the Hasbro or Takara. Any issues to watch out for?
I don't think the TT one was good enough to justify the massive post-release mark up you'd see. The big change was Minimus becoming Alpha Trion, and I kinda feel like your son would rather have X amount of other robots over a tiny Alpha Trion instead of some other tiny robot.

I own three leaders and he's the only one I feel really justifies his leader-ness, but mine did have loose arm pylons that needed a little pledge floor polish. I don't think that was a regular issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can get a KFC Citizen Stack for like $65, a decent Magnus stand in.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I was going to suggest the Masterpiece which is awesome but expensive and probably not a good idea for a child...

After that I'd have to say Takara CW Ultra Magnus, because I like the colors better than Hasbro. However, you can get the Hasbro one for ~$45 right now.

After that you get into some weird options from Prime that I can't really recommend, though the Weaponizer Ultra Magnus (Platinum Edition) is kind of fun (seen here):

e: or KFC's version as mentioned above

TheDK fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 25, 2017

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TheDK posted:

I was going to suggest the Masterpiece which is awesome but expensive and probably not a good idea for a child...

After that I'd have to say Takara CW Ultra Magnus, because I like the colors better than Hasbro. However, you can get the Hasbro one for ~$45 right now.

After that you get into some weird options from Prime that I can't really recommend, though the Weaponizer Ultra Magnus (Platinum Edition) is kind of fun (seen here):

e: or KFC's version as mentioned above

Th Hasbro one also has Minimus rather than Alpha Trion. (I agree the Takara colours are maybe nicer, but I'd want Minimus)

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The Magnus in the Autobot Heroes set has more Takara-ish colours and Ambus but you'd have to buy it loose or buy the whole set

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

You can get a KFC Citizen Stack for like $65, a decent Magnus stand in.

I’ve owned Stack and the MP and sold Stack only because the MP fits in better with the other MPs. Stack is very good and got a bizarre unfair rap for reasons I don’t understand.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Moschino/status/923207189774393344

Yeah...

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Why yes I do want a Pretender or Metroplex's gun on my dick.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Good Listener posted:

Why yes I do want a Pretender or Metroplex's gun on my dick.

I'm sure you could make a killing selling Pretender shells for dicks. Transform your sex life.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Wouldn't that be the exact opposite of how a a pretender works?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I’ve owned Stack and the MP and sold Stack only because the MP fits in better with the other MPs. Stack is very good and got a bizarre unfair rap for reasons I don’t understand.

I based it on price and for the $75 or whatever I paid at the time it was no contest. His neck joint is weird but otherwise he's solid.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

SpikeMcclane posted:

Wouldn't that be the exact opposite of how a a pretender works?

Something that goes over something else to make it more powerful? Seems reasonable to me.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

partial source

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

"Stop me if you've heard this one..."

He's adorably goofy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

One year later they actually talk about this thing again. Kinda wonder if Iron Factory is going to preview all their upcoming stuff for next like they did last year.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a 20% off code (NEW17) at Hasbro Toy Store now. Trypticon is eligible but unfortunately out of stock. I guess you can still use it for TR Blitzwing and TLK leader Megs.

Grotusque and Arcee are also gone from HTS now. Argh!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DisposableHero posted:

I'm sure you could make a killing selling Pretender shells for dicks. Transform your sex life.
Dibs on Octopunch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Toyworld makes/made some nifty looking bots

Got Orion for a loving steal on Ebay and our boy Prophet of Nixon sold me Hardbone(R) for a screaming deal.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Got Orion for a loving steal on Ebay and our boy Prophet of Nixon sold me Hardbone(R) for a screaming deal.

Looks like poo poo mate, fight me in Mississauga!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'LL CUT YA

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That TW Orion reminds me that Generation Toy's Stealth Bomber Megatron came out a few days ago, it looks really neat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

That TW Orion reminds me that Generation Toy's Stealth Bomber Megatron came out a few days ago, it looks really neat.

I'm on the fence with that one. I think somebody else is making one as well. And this guy is coming up soon

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Orion is so weird to me, because most of the bot looks great, then they hosed up the chest so hard. I don't even know what they were going, it doesn't look like any Optimus or any real world truck, it just looks off in both modes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

Orion is so weird to me, because most of the bot looks great, then they hosed up the chest so hard. I don't even know what they were going, it doesn't look like any Optimus or any real world truck, it just looks off in both modes.

I dunno, it's not too far off from the weird chest Optimus had in the comics after AHM. The newer bots do the job better but this guy scales just right with the new MMC Megatron. Also the price was nuts considering when I was last looking for him he topped $125 on average.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I'm on the fence with that one. I think somebody else is making one as well. And this guy is coming up soon

:swoon:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rhyno posted:

No table, no buy :colbert:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

These NBK Constructicons are loving awesome, even ignoring the fact they also cost like £10 each.

Definitely a pro-buy

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

These NBK Constructicons are loving awesome, even ignoring the fact they also cost like £10 each.

Definitely a pro-buy

Mine should be on their way. Hopefully here in a fortnight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Always trust Rhyno.

Anyone want a MP Starscream with a incorrect leg flap? $100 and shipping.

Wrong flap doesn't hinder transformation.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

We've come to accept it, but I wonder what it'd look like on a human to have legs like a transformer where the calves swell up and at the bottom, the foot has the heel and the toes as far apart as their hand and elbow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Always trust Rhyno.

Anyone want a MP Starscream with a incorrect leg flap? $100 and shipping.

Wrong flap doesn't hinder transformation.

I don't but I'm curious which flap? If it was one of the tail-fins, mine had the same issue and I was able to swap with someone on TFW who had opposite double tail fins.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TheDK posted:

I don't but I'm curious which flap? If it was one of the tail-fins, mine had the same issue and I was able to swap with someone on TFW who had opposite double tail fins.

Looks like it's the crotch flap over the left (right in the photo) thigh.

That would bug the poo poo out of me, sorry for your loss.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Preorders for Pinchar are finally up, thank god.

Keldroc posted:

And an idiotic face changing gimmick

Also screw you, Animated Blitzwing is the superior version of the character and the new mold works better as Megatron anyways.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Looks like it's the crotch flap over the left (right in the photo) thigh.

That would bug the poo poo out of me, sorry for your loss.

Oh gross yeah I see it now that would drive me crazy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not gonna lie, when I saw you'd written that as a link, that's what I was hoping it was to

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey guys I'm FP Snarl I'm only two years late! What's that, preorders with FP rarely arrive on time? What's three years late between friends anyway?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Not gonna lie, when I saw you'd written that as a link, that's what I was hoping it was to

I can't help myself

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A lovely Reporter posted:

Also screw you, Animated Blitzwing is the superior version of the character and the new mold works better as Megatron anyways.
animated blitzwing is great, yes. generations blitzwing's implementation of animated blitzwing's face gimmick is disastrously bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't made Titan Masters of alternate Blitzwing faces, given that they kept the multi-face gimmick for Generations for kinda no reason. Seemed like they wanted to make it Blitzwing's "deal".