Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Five below had a bunch of random legends for five bucks. Nothing seemed to rare but worth checking if there are baf pieces you want. They also had some ghostbusters six inch figures.

Our Five Below had 14 Red Guardians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wish my Toys R Us would ship out the old figures we got. Thor and Guardians are pretty good and up to date with a few random X-Men from wave 2 and one from wave one...the we got a few Sharon Carters and Cottonmouth from Captain America and about ten loving Beetle and Speed Demon along with a White Tiger and two Misty Knights. Didn't even get a single new Spiderman wave at our store all year due to that.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Rirse posted:

Wish my Toys R Us would ship out the old figures we got. Thor and Guardians are pretty good and up to date with a few random X-Men from wave 2 and one from wave one...the we got a few Sharon Carters and Cottonmouth from Captain America and about ten loving Beetle and Speed Demon along with a White Tiger and two Misty Knights. Didn't even get a single new Spiderman wave at our store all year due to that.

That’s my local one as well. There are two Nick Fury’s there I’m tempted to grab though. Especially since I believe their wave may be on sale.

I haven’t seen a single loving Guardians 2 wave 2 in any of my local stores. I’d almost suck dick for Gamora and Nebula.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

Mine had 6 of "Marvel's Eel".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bengraven posted:

That’s my local one as well. There are two Nick Fury’s there I’m tempted to grab though. Especially since I believe their wave may be on sale.

I haven’t seen a single loving Guardians 2 wave 2 in any of my local stores. I’d almost suck dick for Gamora and Nebula.

Shame you can't go to my store, since think we still the whole wave since I think the collectors in the area got what they need from the Mantis wave. Also I lucked out and got the Ackbar/First Order Officer two pack today. Since there was a "buy one star wars figure and get another 40%" I got the Luke Landspeeder with it for 80 dollars total.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I never find Legends at these clearance places! Have Misty Knight, Beetle, or Shocker shown up on clearance anywhere?

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Rirse posted:

Shame you can't go to my store, since think we still the whole wave since I think the collectors in the area got what they need from the Mantis wave. Also I lucked out and got the Ackbar/First Order Officer two pack today. Since there was a "buy one star wars figure and get another 40%" I got the Luke Landspeeder with it for 80 dollars total.

Central Florida here. It’s literally the only wave that came out this year that is actually rare. Walmart, Walgreens, TRU. I haven’t seen a single figure at all. I was tempted to just grab the box from Big Bad but it never goes up for sale there either.

Homecoming figures are easier to find but that’s kind of hit and miss. Every other wave is currently warming somewhere.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Which wave is next for Legends? That X-Men wave with the 90s Wolverine?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kaujot posted:

Black Panther is very soon I imagine. Also the next Spider-Man wave is coming up as well.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

And Deadpool.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I never find Legends at these clearance places! Have Misty Knight, Beetle, or Shocker shown up on clearance anywhere?

I see Misty Knight and Beetle everywhere in the NYC area. You can find at least 3 of each in literally any Target you walk into.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I see Misty Knight and Beetle everywhere in the NYC area. You can find at least 3 of each in literally any Target you walk into.

Oh yeah, Misty is one of the worst pegwarmers I've ever seen, which is sad for multiple reasons. But now that I have a Luke Cage on the way from the Defenders set, I'd like to get her. I just don't want to pay full price, so I'm hoping she gets discounted at some point.

Did you mean lady Beetle (Janice Lincoln from Superior Foes of Spider-Man) or guy Beetle (from the newer Homecoming wave)? I've never seen guy Beetle anywhere, out in the wild.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Oh yeah, Misty is one of the worst pegwarmers I've ever seen, which is sad for multiple reasons. But now that I have a Luke Cage on the way from the Defenders set, I'd like to get her. I just don't want to pay full price, so I'm hoping she gets discounted at some point.

Did you mean lady Beetle (Janice Lincoln from Superior Foes of Spider-Man) or guy Beetle (from the newer Homecoming wave)? I've never seen guy Beetle anywhere, out in the wild.

Lady Beetle. Guy beetle still hasn't become widely available, from what I've seen.

Anyone want the Cap and/or Iron Man from the Civil War 3 pack? I got it when it was on sale just for the (better, in my opinion) Homecoming Spidey. Would sell both together for cheap, I don't want or need either, I only collect Netflix, GotG, and Spidey MCU figures.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

kaujot posted:

I was talking about this with a friend last night, trying to use the last couple years as a template.

I’m going to guess Spider-Man at New Year’s, with Black Panther the month after that and maybe Deadpool the same time. Somewhere after that we will get infinity war. They have confirmed that the X-Men line is going to be in fall 2018, unfortunately.

And then of course we’ll get a couple surprise waves that will be announced soon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Betting we're gonna get another Netflix wave out of the blue.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I’m excited for the upcoming Ant Man wave.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 24, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fuzz posted:

Betting we're gonna get another Netflix wave out of the blue.

Looking forward to that Foggy figure. But I’m guessing Luke Cage, Danny Rand (the immortal Iron Fist, protector of K’un Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand), BAF Kingpin?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Toys R Us Hydra two pack is out now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rirse posted:

Oh I saw a dozen of those on the shelf at a TRU the other day.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bengraven posted:

We have a bunch of wave two if you ever need them. There a unopened box for wave two that’s not going out for a while since we got a lot on the floor right now.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby

Fuzz posted:

Anyone want the Cap and/or Iron Man from the Civil War 3 pack?

Is that the battle damaged ones? How much for cap mailed to IL?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

Hol-y gently caress I need two of these.

Mexicola posted:

Is that the battle damaged ones? How much for cap mailed to IL?

I was hoping to keep them together, but I guess, I dunno... $18 shipped?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Has anyone bought any Nendoroids? Any opinions one way or another? I like the look of some of them, but the price seems a bit steep.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

For the most part Nendoroids are really really overpriced. Unless you're super into the chibi anime aesthetic they're not usually worth it IMO. They're not cheaply made or anything but they're not very articulated and they're obviously pretty small. They do usually have good accessories. The only ones I have are characters where the aesthetic doesn't matter, eg Wind Waker Link, Kirby and the Sonic the Hedgehog one.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

As another owner of Nendos, I do think they're pretty worth it. They're well made and some of them do a tiny bit better articulation than the usual ones, but don't expect anything amazing, its mostly just a few extra joints for characters who punch things.

Also it helps that there's plenty of video game or anime characters who don't get anything else action figure wise.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
So... Nendos are like japanese pops is what I'm hearing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SpikeMcclane posted:

No, you can actually pose em.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

purple death ray posted:

For the most part Nendoroids are really really overpriced. Unless you're super into the chibi anime aesthetic they're not usually worth it IMO. They're not cheaply made or anything but they're not very articulated and they're obviously pretty small. They do usually have good accessories. The only ones I have are characters where the aesthetic doesn't matter, eg Wind Waker Link, Kirby and the Sonic the Hedgehog one.

I agree with all of this, Nendoroids are pretty detailed, high quality and come with tons of accessories; however they're small and their articulation is really limited. Also, due to their aesthetic of having 90% of the plastic in their heads you have to pose them with the stand if you want them upright. That being said, I don't really care about how they look and the only one I have is Majora's Mask Link because I love everything Majora's Mask... and I wanted the Mask accessory it came with. The price is too high for them as well.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'd rather have a Nendo than a pop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

They're poseable, the dimensions just limit what they can do.

They're made by the same company that makes Figma.

There are Overwatch Figma too but they seem to be getting characters out faster as nendos.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vintersorg posted:

No, you can actually pose em.

You can "pose" them in the sense that all of those limbs on Mario and Luigi are just swappable parts and Nendoroids usually don't have functioning knees and elbows. This is usually why they come with tons of parts.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I have a couple of Nendos, mainly because I have some character collections and they fit in. What really surprised me when I got the first one was how small they are. I expected a bigger figure for the price. That said, they're neat and I don't regret buying them.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ha, lots of mixed reactions. I'm probably looking at just he Star Wars ones, but had never even heard of these until I got an email from BBTS for the new Overwatch ones. Those look pretty neat as well. I may pick one up to test the waters. Thanks everybody!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Gamestop usually carries a few if you ever want to get an idea of how they look in person.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
GameStop carries a few and has discounted them ridiculous amounts in the past when they want to get rid of them.

I own the Kirby nendo and it's one of my favorite toys. It's very high quality, has a lot of accessories and posability and has a really pleasing texture and heft.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

To be fair, Kirby is a ball with feet and flippers, so he's basically the ideal thing to be turned into a Nendo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah I have Windwaker Link and it's a good figure, but you can barely tell it's super deformed/chibi without actually looking at it next to a picture of the character model. I can't say I'd get many others since I don't really like the chibi style.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah the Kirby nendoroid might as well be a figma or something, it's just a straight up great Kirby figure. I would recommend it to anyone, it's one of the dopest toys I have.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They recently re-released that Kirby with some new accessories. There's also an Ice Kirby now that includes a sleeping face plate for the pink Kirby.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Can anyone tell me if the Hot Toys 1989 Batman single shot speargun has a removable spear? I know the launcher and reel sections separate, but does the gold tipped spear come out of the launcher section?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gregday posted:

Can anyone tell me if the Hot Toys 1989 Batman single shot speargun has a removable spear? I know the launcher and reel sections separate, but does the gold tipped spear come out of the launcher section?

I'd have to dig my box out but I can check this weekend if no one else does.

Check this custom out - it's loving great!