Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Having the extra building slots in your capital makes things so much nicer for the Old World races it's not even funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Knobb Manwich posted:

Hey so uhh is there a more beautiful Mazdamundi mod? Maybe some kind of sexy outfits?

Asking for a friend.

:frogout:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also, there's something else that's really cool that I should mention. Legendary heroes don't have their Norsca update revamps in yet. But actual agent type heroes have their Vortex campaign updates in. This means that you can skip a lot of bullshit in leveling them up since they removed the grind to get to making them useful on the strategic map and you'll occasionally find some really interesting skills where there weren't any before. There are also new traits I haven't seen before showing up.

Edit: Also, Ghorst is pretty good now. That 20% casualty replenishment rate for the entire faction was okay compared to lords that were added in later on like Vlad and Isabella. However now that there's a massive map it basically makes him an expedition running machine since with a bit of work you can send armies overseas to raid temples and such for insane amounts of loot without having to worry about them getting worn down or having to take a province and start an extra war to have a place to fall back too to heal up at.

Necromancers are also pretty amazing now too. Being able to heal your army on the go was fairly useless in the Old World campaign even before they got the Grim and the Grave update that gave them useful stats. After all, why bother when there's usually a city or allied territory a turn or two away? Now though it looks like it could be a life saver. Especially since even little things like small battles let you refresh your unit count to max.

Ditto for Isabella. Having a +3 cap to having extra vampires means less choices in where to place them all.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 26, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

The Dwarf public order building now produces Kegs and at level 2 it allows recruitment of Bugman's Rangers so you don't need a brewery. Bugman's Rangers also got a melee defence and big health boost.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

The Dwarf public order building now produces Kegs and at level 2 it allows recruitment of Bugman's Rangers so you don't need a brewery. Bugman's Rangers also got a melee defence and big health boost.

Dwarves also got a bunch of new strategic locations on top of all the other old world factions getting them. Zhufbar for instance has at least one special building they can build in Karag Dromar.

Given that I think Zhufbar is where Bugman used to set up his brewery at i'm guessing they're going to be the booze based faction.

TL;DR: This is literally a whole new game we've been given for free. If you're bored with the old factions then pick it up.

And maybe change the title or something to show that it's out because holy poo poo this is legitimately awesome and i'd be willing to bet that a bunch of TWW1 players would be interested to try it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 26, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I was gonna mention this because I just noticed it. Dwarf public order buildings also give beer as a little added benefit, pretty nice.

Karaz a Karak can get Gyrocopter Airfield which gives significant bonuses toward recruiting Gyrocopters, and now Gem mines give bonuses toward recruiting Hammerers/Ironbreakers.

Woodcutters now give bonuses toward recruiting crossbow units, Grudge Throwers and Bolt Throwers I believe. Pretty great!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Dwarf Beer is also a top tier trade good, so that's pretty awesome.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Do we know yet what Queek gets for taking Karak Eight Peaks?

In the vortex campaign I tried a few different builds for Queek; what I ended up settling on was ambush / lightning strike line first, then artillery and stormvermin skills, then enough in his melee line to get the end-of-tier special. You can try gutter runner buffs instead of stormvermin but most armies in Vortex you wanted six melee units, six artillery units minimum.

It gives +1 loyalty to all your generals every turn, or at least it did in the preview builds.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
How are the turn times?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fangz posted:

How are the turn times?
So far, they're not bad. I'm maybe 20 turns in (as Queek) and my general map view isn't big yet but its about the same as a middle-game Vortex campaign right now. It was definitely taking longer on turn 200ish for the Vortex.

e:

Do we know yet what Queek gets for taking Karak Eight Peaks?

In the vortex campaign I tried a few different builds for Queek; what I ended up settling on was ambush / lightning strike line first, then artillery and stormvermin skills, then enough in his melee line to get the end-of-tier special. You can try gutter runner buffs instead of stormvermin but most armies in Vortex you wanted six melee units, six artillery units minimum.

Stormvermin, not Clanrats? He seems to get decent bonuses for both.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 26, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Fangz posted:

How are the turn times?

20-50 seconds for me on a 5 year old i5

I'm still going to upgrade this, but drat intel for not producing enough processors

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Trying to figure out if I can beat Helf dragon spam armies with just goblins, and the answer seems to be vindictive glare from shamans.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

toasterwarrior posted:

Dwarf Beer is also a top tier trade good, so that's pretty awesome.

True. Dwarf beer is almost worth its weight in gemstones lol. I think it is the second most valeuable trade good in the game, next to gems. Tweaks to the trade system also suggest having your empire spewing beer toward everyone willing to buy it will be an excellent revenue source.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Panfilo posted:

True. Dwarf beer is almost worth its weight in gemstones lol. I think it is the second most valeuable trade good in the game, next to gems. Tweaks to the trade system also suggest having your empire spewing beer toward everyone willing to buy it will be an excellent revenue source.

Reminds me of Victoria 2's liquor economy

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ravenfood posted:

So far, they're not bad. I'm maybe 20 turns in (as Queek) and my general map view isn't big yet but its about the same as a middle-game Vortex campaign right now. It was definitely taking longer on turn 200ish for the Vortex.

e:

Stormvermin, not Clanrats? He seems to get decent bonuses for both.

I tried both; clanrats are a better choice early to mid game or on any lord who isn't Queek, but late game, on Queek, once the maintenance cost is no longer an issue, Stormvermin have a significant edge.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 26, 2017

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm starting to think Vampire Counts are easily my favorite faction:

1. Sick rear end combat lords
2. Waves of chaff that will hold the line while my combat lord body slams the entire enemy army
3. don't have to worry about morale
4. spoopy skeleton theme

Sorry Skaven, you know you're my boy but you're sitting at number 2 with Dark Elves right now

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I was kind of disappointed to see that Zombies don't get the same 'expendable' trait that goblins also got (I could be wrong here)

I mean cmon...how cool would it be to have waves and waves of zombies bog down and exhaust enemies? unlike other chaff counterparts, zombies have a pretty good HP/cost ratio as well.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

I tried both; clanrats are a better choice early to mid game or on any lord who isn't Queek, but late game, on Queek, once the maintenance cost is no longer an issue, Stormvermin have a significant edge.

Yeah the main advantage of Queek early on is the ability to field mostly clanrats instead of slaves for your line which makes it a lot more durable.

What have people been doing for the Queek start early on?
Make the minor settlement T3 and build catapults building in it to get those up and running quick? I need some pointers from people who did well the first 15 turns because I sure didn't on my first try.

Morathi start is peanuts in comparison haha

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So there are definitely new unique traits. I just got a unique trait for defeating Mannfred in combat. Except...Uh...Well, it gave it to Vlad.

It's a trait that reduces all attrition in vampiric territory by 50%.

Incredibly powerful in normal circumstances so...Thanks, I guess?

The AI also seems to be smarter. At least, on normal. On harder difficulties I imagine it'd just be boneheaded in it's prejudice. But i've noticed that my dwarven neighbours have all started suing for non-aggression pacts now that i've taken Sylvania and am expanding outwards. Literally every dwarven faction suddenly decided they wanted one despite having like -78 relation in one case. This includes the main dwarven faction after confederating with Zhufbar.

Which is really clever. Since that basically forces me to expand into the empire while protecting the mountains, which have lovely climate for me.

Edit: And now the empire factions are trying to get guarantees I won't invade them. Never seen that before.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 26, 2017

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Panfilo posted:

I was kind of disappointed to see that Zombies don't get the same 'expendable' trait that goblins also got (I could be wrong here)

I mean cmon...how cool would it be to have waves and waves of zombies bog down and exhaust enemies? unlike other chaff counterparts, zombies have a pretty good HP/cost ratio as well.

You can do that already--they don't need expendable because undead units don't rout, and crumbling doesn't cause chain reactions in the same way.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

rockopete posted:

You can do that already--they don't need expendable because undead units don't rout, and crumbling doesn't cause chain reactions in the same way.

Really? I thought crumbling was identical to routing except that instead of running away the units just disintegrated

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Anybody else's Greenskins going hog wild in their Dwarf campaign? I don't remember them being this aggressive, it's pretty fun though, Grombrindal's axe has never been happier.

I managed to confederate Karak Kadrin early on because they were getting stomped by Red Eye, Skarsnik took Izor from Belegar real early but he's taking the province back and Barak Varr has been smashed down to their capital by Grimgor.

Urks, Urks everywhere.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not a fan of Teclis' new start position.

Wood Elf building changes seem good.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Looking at that Ogre Kingdoms map there's a body of water called the Lake of Eyes. Curious both as to what random thought the writer pulled from to make that association, and whatever the ingame explanation was, if any.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Thoughts on Teclis' vortex start? Should I murder the dwarves? Unpleasant climate but so many trade goods. Recruiting a second lord on day one and going on a sea travel also seems like a good idea.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Mortal Empires is fun, but drat they weren't joking about the end of turn wait.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
My Mortal Empires patch experience thus far:

Can no longer play the game at all, it locks up on the very first loading screen no matter what I do. Welp.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

genericnick posted:

Thoughts on Teclis' vortex start? Should I murder the dwarves? Unpleasant climate but so many trade goods. Recruiting a second lord on day one and going on a sea travel also seems like a good idea.

Generally I find that making friends is a better option with Teclis on legendary, if you can. It's a roll of the dice but supporting the Spine of Sotek dwarfs against the Skaven (if they decide to fight them) is a good buffer against Pestilens or Skyre going hog wild on the Lizards. Your economy blows, so imo you're better off going for places that don't require that much investment while making money off sacking/skaven doomstacks/1 man high seas adventures.

Apropos of nothing, Mazdamundi is the opposite. Bulldoze everything in your path, potentially friendly lizardmen included. Nobody likes you and your relatively centralized position means everyone is gunning for you eventually.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Captain Oblivious posted:

Can no longer play the game at all, it locks up on the very first loading screen no matter what I do. Welp.

RBA-Wintrow posted:

edit: irrellevant.

Verify game files in Steam.

Change the affinity of the .exe file to CPU 0 only.
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?133245-Dual-processor-Crashing-during-or-after-battle-Solution-Found%21

Use DirectX 11, not 12. But try 12 anyway.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/193629/game-crashes-after-battles

Change the resolution you're playing the game in.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/2/1318836262672052403/

See if what this guy did helps. If it doesn't you'll need to reinstall the game though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DPzwvmY5E

Reinstall the game.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

LordAbaddon posted:

Really? I thought crumbling was identical to routing except that instead of running away the units just disintegrated

It is, except for the chain routing part. Chain routs occur because units see friendlies fleeing and get spooked as well. Undead don't have morale or sense of self preservation so it would make no sense to have the same effect occur. You could invent a reason for gameplay balance or something but as far as I am aware they only crumble based on individual unit losses, overall army losses (distinct from 'nearby unit losses'), or the lord dying.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I wish the dwarves had more to do with runes. Give them a selection of rites (with a gold cost or certain unlock requirements) that forge a certain rune that you can then apply to a unit or character like a banner

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I had that issue in TWW1 and I saw another dude having the same issue in TWW2. Both of us fixed it by just reinstalling so... try that? Its a big download but well it worked for me so hopefully it'll work for you too!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Is there any way to open up a campaign and then actually view the whole map, without the 'fog of war'? I downloaded a mod with that title, but I think it just keeps everything you've already explored visible instead of allowing you to see the whole map. Basically I want to start a game and then look around the whole map, just to plan out my ideas and see where provinces/settlements are, what the climates are etc.

Alternatively, if anyone can direct me to a big image of the Mortal Empires campaign map (ie with settlements and climate marked, not the promotional one shown in advance) it would be much appreciated.

Looking at maps is the funnest part of TW for me now, I'm jaded.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

genericnick posted:

The dwarfs are an useful buffer state between you and things that can/will turn against you. Same with the lizard Sentinels, once you've taken everything but their desert province from them, as the alternatives are holding it yourself or waiting for Pestilens to move in and spread corruption to your heartlands.

Sending a lord to Ulthuan asap to setup trade links (and potentially swap out with Teclis later on) is a very good idea.

Once you've established a nice, easily defended area on the coast it's best to migrate your main armies elswhere rather than expand into deserts or inland imo. One half decent stack can handle Turtle Islands plus Chamber of Visions plus the major settlements around it through all but the worst ritual interventions, once you've got some walls up.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I like how the Mortal Empires campaign map has the Darklands just sitting there as weird empty space. NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Woot 2nd crash

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Add me to the list of people crashing, got a black screen during the start of my Queek campaign. Haven't had one since but it did prompt me to switch over to Isabella

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Try to use as few mods as possible for now, and let other people track down bugs for those dudes. You can remove the out-of-date tag as the mod creator by literally just reuploading the file and not changing anything, which is something you have to consider with every big patch. T4 Minors is flagged as out of date now because I won't update it till I actually do the ME factions, but it works fine for the original four.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 26, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Mazz posted:

Try to use as few mods as possible for now, and let other people track down bugs for those dudes. You can remove the out-of-date tag as the mod creator by literally just reuploading the file and not changing anything, which is something you have to consider with every big patch.

I have zero mods activated for this reason. To be fair it happned when I alt-tabbed during the AI turn cycle, which happened occasionally in WH1 and vanilla WH2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bogarts posted:

Holy poo poo hellblasters vaporize everything now.

I love the sound they make