Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Wait, I thought this thread was about Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Airfoil posted:

Nah, the Doritos thread is in Pet Island.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I feel like the Doritos and Mountain Dew brands are not truly representative of today's gaming population anymore. Gamers should start synergizing their market potential with up-and-comers like Gorilla Mind® Smooth™

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Life has had no meaning since they took caffeine out of Four Loko.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Airfoil posted:

Life has had no meaning since they took caffeine out of Four Loko.

I was more of a Sparks guy tbh

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Airfoil posted:

it's about hate

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

im cute posted:

I "heir" that there is another thread in which we can talk about lovely games people over here. This thread is a memorial for the dead gay bioware game.

the only way this thread can survive is by closing this one and then launching a new one in another, bizarrely unrelated subforum eh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hard counter posted:

the only way this thread can survive is by closing this one and then launching a new one in another, bizarrely unrelated subforum eh

Won't survive long anyway.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
make sure to buy this novel read the Mass Effect wiki in June 2018 if you wanna know what happens to the quarian ark!
https://twitter.com/bioware/status/923625542234058752

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 26, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

make sure to buy this lovely novel read the Mass Effect wiki in June 2018 if you wanna know what happens to the quarian ark!

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Nah, I'm good.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Infested with porgs.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mass Effect: Annihilation is a fitting title.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm sure it'll be on par with Magic: The Gathering novelizations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The quarian and volus are killed as control of the ark is seized by a faction of religious hanar extremists

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
actually come to think of it Andromeda was so bad that even the wiki-obsessives mostly abandoned it so maybe you will actually have to buy the novel if you wanna find out lol

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Hey, Magic has been running for 20 years without getting killed by EA even once.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Meh, good for them for actually making the effort to do this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey, Magic has been running for 20 years without getting killed by EA even once.

Have you read one of their novels?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Iron Crowned posted:

Have you read one of their novels?

But how will they top pissing in someone's vase?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Given that it's actually a decent author and Nexus Uprising was definitely a much better read than any of the other licensed books I'm willing to give it a shot. Lol if they all die in transit though, a fitting end to Mass Effect indeed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Keeshhound posted:

But how will they top pissing in someone's vase?

I hear there's a certain video tape

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

make sure to buy this lovely novel read the Mass Effect wiki in June 2018 if you wanna know what happens to the quarian ark!

So, I'm assuming that they had multi-stage DLC plans for ME:A to bring in the quarian Ark, more endgame plot reveal or whatever dangling plot threads are in the game, and since the game tanked so hard they had to cancel everything in development and farm out the already written and storyboarded material to whoever they could find to work for a pittance.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

make sure to buy this novel read the Mass Effect wiki in June 2018 if you wanna know what happens to the quarian ark!

So they say.

I have long ago stopped believing in promises. Biological imperatives, yes. Environmental factors, yes. Promises, no.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pattonesque posted:

the comments on the FB post for this are all basically 'gently caress YOU BIOWARE'

pentyne posted:

So, I'm assuming that they had multi-stage DLC plans for ME:A to bring in the quarian Ark, more endgame plot reveal or whatever dangling plot threads are in the game, and since the game tanked so hard they had to cancel everything in development and farm out the already written and storyboarded material to whoever they could find to work for a pittance.

yes

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I played Magic The Gathering xbox 360 game while having a warm turkey and havarti sandwich, and it was pretty good despite microtransactions. The game I mean. Sandwich was good too no qualifiers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

To be fair, the Urza stuff was pretty good. But only the Urza stuff.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

The quarian and volus are killed as control of the ark is seized by a faction of religious hanar extremists

Blasto smashes the ark into a supermassive black hole.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

orange juche posted:

Blasto smashes the ark into a supermassive black hole.

Played to the song of course. This also the only piece of new audio in the DLC; the drell have had their vocal cords removed, the hanar have taken a vow of silence, and all of Ryder’s dialogue assembled from voice files from the main game.

Sadly, BioWare’s budget only allows them to license the cover by MUSED- the UK’s number one Muse tribute band.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

Ryder the character deserved a better game to bumble through.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ryder is a fuckboy.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

someone pissed in the hydroponics lab and everyone died the end

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Ryder family killed Mass Effect.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

To be fair, the Urza stuff was pretty good. But only the Urza stuff.

Wow self own

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
mass effect andromedon't. :smugdog:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mass Effect Andromedidn't

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Mass Effect Andromedammit

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Mass Effect Andromedung

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Ryder is a fuckboy.

Mass Effect: Andromedoodoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pattonesque posted:

It's an Ark specifically for all the non-standard species with specific living conditions... but there'll still be a human central cast of course.

Minor sidenote, but the whole premise of an Ark full of people with specific environmental requirements going to the other galaxy is just dumb. Their needs are waaaaay off everyone elses and some only evolved on unique worlds like Rannoch with no insect life, or a specific high-pressure atmosphere of toxic gasses (ie; the Volus). Nevermind the Quarians at-large having a hosed-up immune response to anything in the Milky Way Galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy's entire galactic biosphere would be a petri dish of pure death to them.