Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Galio has consistently been one of the best midlaners in the entire game since his rework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Firebert posted:

Galio presses q twice. autos once to clears the wave and then walks off to the side and sidelanes poo poo their pants

Oh god, a mid laner with good wave clear!?!??!?!!

Vermain posted:

Galio has consistently been one of the best midlaners in the entire game since his rework.

Galio has been hovering under 48% WR since 7.16

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Shut da gently caress up!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

For further reading

Only registered members can see post attachments!

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The current patch is 7.21

e: whoops missed your previous post

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

galios escape is having a 615% damage reduction every five seconds on his W. also he wave clears fine are you sure you're not thinking of another champ. or game

Dunno if you looked at the values but it's actually 30% and it slows him, so not exactly an amazing escape.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

Oh god, a mid laner with good wave clear!?!??!?!!

?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Elman posted:

You can see their items. CS doesn't mean anything, items do.

it lets you predict what the enemy might come back to lane with

this is important in helping you decide which components and how many potions you plan to buy before going back bottom lane

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
winrates are not indicative of a champion's overall strength. remember when azir had a 45% winrate but was an exceptional midlaner?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

winrates are not indicative of a champion's overall strength. remember when azir had a 45% winrate but was an exceptional midlaner?

It's a decent indicator of hero health though

We need heroes that work for all Summoners, not just the top 1%

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

Yep. Most top midlaners have well over a 55% winrate on Galio, and he's usually in their 4th-5th most played list. His ability to influence the rest of the map, his ability to safely waveclear, and his combo potential with certain power picks like J4 makes him incredibly good when you know how to play him.

Rygar201 posted:

It's a decent indicator of hero health though

Nah. The better stat for that is winrate by games played, since that usually is more indicative of whether a champion is simply difficult to master or if they are outright weak, period. If even the one tricks can't make them work above a certain threshold, there's a problem.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I'm genuinely curious, where do you get those breakdowns? I thought Champions.GG and what not weren't reliable?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I'm genuinely curious, where do you get those breakdowns? I thought Champions.GG and what not weren't reliable?

Champion.gg has had something obviously busted in its stat tracking for a while now in a way that's immediately apparent. Stuff like champs showing their highest win rate runes at a lower win% than their overall win% and stuff. The other stat trackers at least are obviously giving out impossible information.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

I previously used to use champion.gg, but their API's clearly becoming more and more unstable for whatever reason. It's something that very few websites seem to track, for whatever reason. If I'm anecdotally curious, I usually just trawl the leaderboards for various champions.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

I previously used to use champion.gg, but their API's clearly becoming more and more unstable for whatever reason. It's something that very few websites seem to track, for whatever reason. If I'm anecdotally curious, I usually just trawl the leaderboards for various champions.

Yeah I am interested in this now, because the data at OP.GG paints an image of a hero balanced around pro play who is unlikely to get the same results in the general population

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Let's all laugh at this once again

https://plays.tv/video/575ce222a6b6778148/reality-denial?from=user

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

lmao

'ur a fucken idiot'

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

are those goons

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I am interested in this now, because the data at OP.GG paints an image of a hero balanced around pro play who is unlikely to get the same results in the general population
I think it's more that he fills (or filled, I guess) a role pretty different than a traditional mid laner. Makes sense that you'd need a few games of practice before you know what you're doing.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How Rude posted:

it lets you predict what the enemy might come back to lane with

this is important in helping you decide which components and how many potions you plan to buy before going back bottom lane

Yes but that's information that's already available to you and being aware of it is just game sense. Having it in the UI is convenient and totally fine (same as having the jungle camps' respawn timers), but not having it wouldn't ruin the game either.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Who is that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

lmao

'ur a fucken idiot'
The best part about that dude is some challenger player tried to duo with him and boost him to his ~~TRUE ELO~~ and he was still doing mental gymnastics to blame anyone but himself while his top lane gangplank was like, 14/0

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Malphite is disgusting when ahead, he can literally 1v5 teams if they're full AD.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

And to absolutely no one's surprise:

https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler/status/923670904000864256

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Boooo

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was of the thought that having a tank character with a ranged 4 second cooldown ability that does over 50% max health damage per cast was on the strong side of things.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it was mentioned in the dev corner that they streamlined their hotfixing tools recently, so maybe they're just having fun taking it out for a spin every patch now

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Rygar201 posted:

For further reading

according to winrates fiddlesticks is the best jungler in the entire game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rygar201 posted:

I wouldn't say Galio is explicitly balanced for Pro PlayTM the way a bunch of other champs previously have been (Azir, Ryze 2.0) but his effectiveness greatly increases when the midlaner understands how to roam. His Q/E waveclear is relatively safe which allows him to push the wave, wander bot and then ult one of the botlaners to causse an instant 3v2 that can only be responded to by like, Ryze or Taliyah ult and neither of those come with built in CC + Taliyah Ult can accidentally gently caress up your own team's ability to disengage.

He's a roaming mid and has all the traits of that (safe waveclear, reliable/quick cross-map engage) but it also just so happens instead of bringing AP ratios he brings hard CC and a shitload of tankiness and also a taunt which is guaranteed to gently caress over the enemy botlaner assuming Galio still has Flash.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 27, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If people actually respected him charging up taunt in flash range I feel like he'd have a harder time but like that trick works literally every time despite most of those same people being able to play around other flashable instant cc.

Like he telegraphs it more than tibbers or something but people are still worse at playing against it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The noob is ground beneath the relentless heels of Logic. Score one for Keven.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can you imagine how loving badass galio would be if you could animation cancel the charge

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

can you imagine how loving badass galio would be if you could animation cancel the charge
Unironically an animation-cancelling-heavy champ that played like Tank Riven would rule. I would not play it though. Because I’m bad

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Unironically an animation-cancelling-heavy champ that played like Tank Riven would rule. I would not play it though. Because I’m bad

i thought you were diamond :smugmrgw:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Icons are out on the PTR. No variants for low/mid/high challenger which usually are datamined together with the other icons.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

i thought you were diamond :smugmrgw:

In my heart I’m plat and Ardent Censer is diamond

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

This needs to be incorporated into Braum's VO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

this is spot on accurate because he's one of two people who have me blocked on twitter

in unrelated news

c u all next year

• Locked thread