Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

i could swear i remember this thread posting persona spoilers when it came out too

Spoiler arguments have happened so many times I'm sure someone got angry over a persona post at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people got mad about saying goro was a party member even though he was on the box

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shao kahn was cooler anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I understand that Wolfenstein is a silly game about shooting Nazis and it's not like someone came in and posted the end to Persona 6 a day before it came out, but just because you don't think it's an important thing to properly spoiler tag doesn't mean it's not worth it to someone else.

"I don't care if people fart on my food. In fact studies show that most people enjoy the food better after it's been farted on. I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape because someone farted on your food, it's only a sandwich lol. 'Oh no, someone farted on my sandwich!' lol. Like you should be surprised that your sandwich smells a little, IT'S A SANDWICH. Known for having, duh, smells! What, are you not going to eat the sandwich because a little fart got on it? Fart on my food all you want, I don't care; I eat food for the mouth feel, not the freshness. Idiot baby."
haha which neogaf spinoff did you find this post on, its a really good one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wolfenstein was all a dream, you get the game over because you woke hitler up from his dream

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
being a weird dick for no reason instead of admitting you made an honest mistake is really funny LOL

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

wolfenstein was all a dream, you get the game over because you woke hitler up from his dream

ballad of the windmensch

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guys, I have an admission to make. I am Adolf Hitler, esquire, irl.

Please kill/gently caress me as appropriate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

being a weird dick for no reason instead of admitting you made an honest mistake is really funny LOL

It's not for no reason and it wasn't a mistake :ssh:

v same

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

efb

CJacobs posted:

Why do you assume it was a mistake?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mordja posted:

Guys, I have an admission to make. I am Adolf Hitler, esquire, irl.

Please kill/gently caress me as appropriate.

This can't be right, as the only good thing Hitler did was kill Hitler.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's worth giving people the benefit of the doubt in most situations and I assume he didn't mention the game name in the first post by accident. It's not healthy to refuse people that benefit when they haven't done anything to deserve otherwise

edit: plus it makes the rest of the posts he made look a little less pitiful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

harry potter was one thing, and also game of thrones, and then metal gear solid 5, and also everything else SA has spoiled, but this time, this time the spoilers have gone too far

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Endorph posted:

people got mad about saying goro was a party member even though he was on the box

Goro was OP with his 4 arms.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses rear end in a top hat

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

Goro was OP with his 4 arms.

hey

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This can't be right, as the only good thing Hitler did was kill Hitler.

It didn't take.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haveblue posted:

Still the best videogame movie

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I wish that mod hadn't lied about those banners that somebody bought when the Dangan Ronpa 2 LP was going on that spoiled the dumb plot twist, might have saved me some time.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

haveblue posted:

Lol

Sakurazuka posted:

:agreed:

Sorry, Shao Khan was cooler on account of his skull helmet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cowcaster posted:

harry potter was one thing, and also game of thrones, and then metal gear solid 5, and also everything else SA has spoiled, but this time, this time the spoilers have gone too far

I thought this forum was pretty good about not spoiling MGSV. I mean the main twist was already guessed by extremely early speculation but posters weren't going out of their way to spoil it like other big releases.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

tap my mountain posted:

I thought this forum was pretty good about not spoiling MGSV. I mean the main twist was already guessed by extremely early speculation but posters weren't going out of their way to spoil it like other big releases.

i must admit that i do not remember exactly what things this forum has spoiled, just that there's been a hell of a lot of them

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i must admit that i do not remember exactly what things this forum has spoiled, just that there's been a hell of a lot of them

Maybe it would be easier to name what hasn't been spoiled.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Spoilers but I gotta get this off my chest because it’s loving killing me

https://youtu.be/jrlyjwgkLZk

You can’t kill Hitler in the new Wolfenstein. You’re not allowed to. If you kill him, you die and the mission fails.

They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler.

Only Bethesda could gently caress up a concept as simple as ‘Kill Hitler, Win Game’

That better, kid?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you kill Hitler the curse passes to you and you become the new Hitler.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sakurazuka posted:

spiderman 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

spiderman 2

:psyduck:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Wamdoodle posted:

Maybe it would be easier to name what hasn't been spoiled.

Rouge Galaxy. No one gives enough of a poo poo about that game to spoil it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Rouge Galaxy. No one gives enough of a poo poo about that game to spoil it.

Or to spell it correctly.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The surprise twist ending to Star Citizen is that they took your money and ran. Sorry for the spoiler.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The part of Mario Odyssey where Hitler shows up is a little bizarre, to be sure

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Spoilers but I gotta get this off my chest because it’s loving killing me

https://youtu.be/jrlyjwgkLZk

You can’t kill Hitler in the new Wolfenstein. You’re not allowed to. If you kill him, you die and the mission fails.

They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler. They made a Wolfenstein game where you lose when you kill Hitler.

Only Bethesda could gently caress up a concept as simple as ‘Kill Hitler, Win Game’

That better, kid?

at what point will you get upset enough to excessively quote everyone and get banned again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr Cheeto posted:

The part of Mario Odyssey where Hitler shows up is a little bizarre, to be sure

I heard you can't even kill Bowser in that game. Has #altright gone too far?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The only way mario can ever be rid of bowser for good is to become bowser. I'm sorry to spoil this, but Mario Odyssey ends with Mario using the cap to take over bowser... and then never removing it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nice meltdown

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

The only way mario can ever be rid of bowser for good is to become bowser. I'm sorry to spoil this, but Mario Odyssey ends with Mario using the cap to take over bowser... and then never removing it.

Not gonna lie that would be a neat ending. Haha. It's a ME BOWSA

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why is it that people that don't care about spoilers are such dicks about it? Like I don't care about the plot of Wolfenstein but someone might and spoiler tags are not hard to apply and are certainly easier to go back and put in your posts than having a multiple post meltdown about it.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

glam rock hamhock posted:

Why is it that people that don't care about spoilers are such dicks about it? Like I don't care about the plot of Wolfenstein but someone might and spoiler tags are not hard to apply and are certainly easier to go back and put in your posts than having a multiple post meltdown about it.

yeah!! Those people should be killed for spoiling that you can’t kill hitler and get a game over for trying! And that the game is 5 hours long and has a QTE for the last boss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
at the end of mario odyssey, bowser's corpse lies at the bottom of a giant hat box. suddenly, a purple hat lands on his head, and he grows a pointy mustache. the game fades out to a screen saying "to be continued in mario tennis"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Actually the final boss is just Nyarlathotep taking the form of Hitler. You can tell by the sunglasses.

• Locked thread