Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

Or to spell it correctly.

I always mess up the spelling of rogue.

CJacobs posted:

The only way mario can ever be rid of bowser for good is to become bowser. I'm sorry to spoil this, but Mario Odyssey ends with Mario using the cap to take over bowser... and then never removing it.

This would be pretty neat. I'm sad it will NEVER happen outside of fanfiction.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

Why is it that people that don't care about spoilers are such dicks about it? Like I don't care about the plot of Wolfenstein but someone might and spoiler tags are not hard to apply and are certainly easier to go back and put in your posts than having a multiple post meltdown about it.

They're deliberately being dicks about it op

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Drink posted:

yeah!! Those people should be killed for spoiling that you can’t kill hitler and get a game over for trying! And that the game is 5 hours long and has a QTE for the last boss

I said they should stop being dicks about it but sure further prove my point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

at the end of mario odyssey, bowser's corpse lies at the bottom of a giant hat box. suddenly, a purple hat lands on his head, and he grows a pointy mustache. the game fades out to a screen saying "to be continued in mario tennis"
at the end of mario oddysey mario and luigi are crucified and the game ends with the credits showing you nintendo's email address

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The Colonel posted:

at the end of mario odyssey, bowser's corpse lies at the bottom of a giant hat box. suddenly, a purple hat lands on his head, and he grows a pointy mustache. the game fades out to a screen saying "to be continued in mario tennis"

That's just the bad ending if you don't buy $150 worth of amiibos.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Spoilers but I gotta get this off my chest because it’s loving killing me
who fuckin cares, you're gonna fight(wolf spoilers maybe idk) mecha hitler in Wolfenstein The Third anyway and that'll be 100000x more satisfying

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Endorph posted:

at the end of mario oddysey mario and luigi are crucified and the game ends with the credits showing you nintendo's email address

nintendo@land.jp

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

ten years later miyamoto uploads a video to his youtube channel about how his misgivings about cappy's character design

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My drug dealer moved away so I had to move to a new drug dealer. He's not answering my texts and Mario Odyssey comes out tomorrow.

These are the real-life struggles of a middle-class white man.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Colonel posted:

ten years later miyamoto uploads a video to his youtube channel about how his misgivings about cappy's character design

He describes it as "way too sexualized."

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

My drug dealer moved away so I had to move to a new drug dealer. He's not answering my texts and Mario Odyssey comes out tomorrow.

These are the real-life struggles of a middle-class white man.

you should play mario sober imo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It turns out that Mario is stuck with his new parasitic cap friend forever because as soon as he takes it off it shoves his soul into whatever it lands on, truly the darkest ending for End of MARIO 3.0 -- You Can (Not) Remove

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you should play mario sober imo

straight edge gamers

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
honestly the worst thing about mario galaxy by far was that it tried to have plot and what was there was...not good with an ending that tried to be oddly serious. outside of the rpgs, mario games shouldn't try to have a plot other than "bowser has kidnapped the princess (or someone else if the Princess is actually playable)"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
In future versions of Odyssey Cappy is replaced with a generic toad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the plot of galaxy was weird and almost entirely nonexistent outside of suddenly ending with the universe imploding in on itself, and that's why it was awesome

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Didn't mario galaxy have like, one cutscene at the start and one at the end? They were fine, the super dramatic stuff fit the space theme.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's an optional part where you can go see a little storybook of rosalina's backstory but its totally optional so idk why people who dislike it get mad about it. and it wasn't like, some grand sweeping epic, just a little storybook. it fit the theme fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

an actual dog posted:

Didn't mario galaxy have like, one cutscene at the start and one at the end? They were fine, the super dramatic stuff fit the space theme.

yeah, there was an optional story book backstory thing for rosalina but you never had to view it

e;fb

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Didn't they sneak in and Miyamoto was pissed about it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love that galaxy has a storyline because the ending cutscene is hilarious

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

tap my mountain posted:

Didn't they sneak in and Miyamoto was pissed about it

good. continue to piss miyamoto off with cute optional story

he's a good video game man but his insistence on that kind of stuff is funny

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So right now there's one critic on Metacritic that gave Mario Odyssey a 75 (mainly because he said it's far too easy). How many death threats you think he's received so far?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

So right now there's one critic on Metacritic that gave Mario Odyssey a 75 (mainly because he said it's far too easy). How many death threats you think he's received so far?

Probably 10 at least after calling people zombies. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Galaxy's story was all good and innocuous, especially compared to sunshine

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i dunno it. depends how many people have gone around with an airhorn broadcasting THIS MAN DIDNT LIKE GAME ENOUGH WOW WHAT A JERK, if it's a small site he might make it through relatively unscathed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can you make a fat joke based on his last name? that would help

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If it's the one I'm seeing it's not even in English

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Not enough.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Was that one screenshot I saw of a review site giving Odyssey 6 out of 5 stars a joke or was it real

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miyamoto sucks. retire btich.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Endorph posted:

miyamoto sucks. retire btich.

STFU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I wish Mario would take over my body irl

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Waiting for midnight launch of Mario.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

Was that one screenshot I saw of a review site giving Odyssey 6 out of 5 stars a joke or was it real

As real as an Irish newspaper gets I guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I bought Mario on cartridge so PLEASE no spoilers for the next 24 hours

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

homeless snail posted:

I bought Mario on cartridge so PLEASE no spoilers for the next 24 hours

[/spoiler]It's good [/spoiler]

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lucky for all the AC fans here, nobody here gives enough of a poo poo about it to accidentally spoil it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

LeafyOrb posted:

I wish Mario would take over my body irl

I am a vessel for dark lord mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nachos posted:

lucky for all the AC fans here, nobody here gives enough of a poo poo about it to accidentally spoil it

how do you spoil it? no one can follow the story in those games lol

• Locked thread