Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I do not joke when I ask, what incentive does one have to shell out sixty dollars to Bethesda for a game with the length and content variety of a decent scale Half-Life 2 mod, and not just redbox it instead or get it when it’s $5 in a Humble Bundle a year from now or something.

the game is good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
20%? Wow, let me change the question: What incentive do I have to take $48 out of my Put Lead In Todd Howard’s Head Fund for such a short experience?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I do not joke when I ask, what incentive does one have to shell out sixty dollars to Bethesda for a game with the length and content variety of a decent scale Half-Life 2 mod, and not just redbox it instead or get it when it’s $5 in a Humble Bundle a year from now or something.

Unless those services become illegal or something in our future corporate worshiping hegemony I'd say the only incentive you have to get it now rather than later is... you want to play it now rather than later. As far as I know, outside the DLC you get for pre-ordering and the DLC you'll have to buy separately anyways no matter how much content there is the same content will be there where you're getting it now for $60+ or in the $0.99 tier 10 years from now in the IGN Presents: Brought to you by Mountain Dew: In Cooperation with Doritos: Humble Bundle.

You do you, man.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess it is a bit disingenuous to compare Half-Life 2 mods to modern AAA western games- the people who make those mods usually have a lot more dedication and care more about what they’re creating than ‘actual’ developers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

20%? Wow, let me change the question: What incentive do I have to take $48 out of my Put Lead In Todd Howard’s Head Fund for such a short experience?

none i guess, unless you want to play the new wolfenstein game, in which case thats your incentive

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rookersh posted:

Like I wonder what these imply storywise.

The point of the game is restarting the war, these seem to imply at the end of New Colossus there is a new army out there also murdering Nazis alongside BJ.

Hmmmm, I guess I always assumed they were Prequel DLC packs.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

lumpy you kind of suck huh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its just a funny gimmick, you guys try not to get as worked up ok yall

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess it is a bit disingenuous to compare Half-Life 2 mods to modern AAA western games- the people who make those mods usually have a lot more dedication and care more about what they’re creating than ‘actual’ developers

VolticSurge posted:

Just gently caress off already.

eonwe posted:

It's the fact that he can't be ignored that's annoying.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Link three mods for half life 2 you think will be better than the new WOLFENSTEIN game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lumpy sucks but on the other hand jesus you guys get trolled easily

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Link three mods for half life 2 you think will be better than the new WOLFENSTEIN game.
I mean, let's not get hasty here, Minerva's level design is probably miles ahead of what Wolfenstein's is going to be but that's because it's ahead of most games'.

Sakurazuka posted:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

eonwe posted:

funny, tedious. tomayto, tomahto.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to be killing Nazis all day in Wolfenstein 2 after being a good little consumer - not only pre-ordering the game but pre-ordering the DLC - and even I think some of you are way too attached to this game.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

eonwe posted:

nah not really worked up. just pointing out that he kinda sucks

also yeah can't ignore for some reason

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

eonwe posted:

Well, you're half right at least, it's certainly a gimmick.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress off! I want to play the top 3 half like 3 mods of 2017!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Minerva
Underhell
Missing Information

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mordja posted:

Hmmmm, I guess I always assumed they were Prequel DLC packs.

So did I, but "Ruins of Chicago", "Nazi run California, and "Nazi Alaska" all sound like stuff that'd have had to happen now, rather then before. The US capitulated without the Nazis having to invade. Remember they won by nuking New York, not by a land invasion.

Unless these guys just so happened to start murdering Nazis before BJ got to the US to start New Colossus. But then why would one of them be "US ARMY SOLDIER."

Does the US throw off the shackles of Nazis enough to get an honest to god US ARMY back in action by the end of New Colossus :getin:.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Minerva
Underhell
Missing Information

I didn't like Underhell at all, but I'll check out the other two.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sourceforts, age of chivalry, pirates vikings and knights II, and battlegrounds were all pretty drat good mods if I do say so myself

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

eonwe posted:

sourceforts, age of chivalry, pirates vikings and knights II, and battlegrounds were all pretty drat good mods if I do say so myself

I was mostly thinking of Singleplayer stuff... but yeah those are good too

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

eonwe posted:

Dystopia, Fistful of Frags, The Hidden and Eternal Silence were my jams but these are all multiplayer mods.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mordja posted:

Dystopia, Fistful of Frags, The Hidden and Eternal Silence were my jams but these are all multiplayer mods.

Goddamn I wish I got into Dystopia during it's heyday. The Hidden, also.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Minerva
Underhell
Missing Information

Smh still trolling by suggesting insanely boring poo poo

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
*walking slowly around Minerva*
wow i love these 2004 graphics landscapes and poetry, this isn't retarded at all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vhak lord of hate posted:

*walking slowly around Minerva*
wow i love these 2004 graphics landscapes and poetry, this isn't retarded at all.

You're thinking of Dear Esther. You idiot, you goddamn fool.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mordja posted:

Wow that is a blast from the past. Just reading Dystopia takes me way back. I think I must have played that a good twelve or thirteen years ago now. I can vividly remember playing it with my friends after sixth form and that felt like a lifetime ago. If it wasn't that it'd be another one of those HL2 mods. It got a modding scene for sure but never could quite reach the heydey of HL1 where every guy and his mother conjured up something playable and worthwhile in their basement.

I only came here cos I wanted to see how people were finding the game and instead got a real nostalgia trip out of nowhere.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone else trying to use the VPN to play a little early? I see the play button but when I try to play it just does nothing. The play screen disappears and then no action is taken.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Wow that is a blast from the past. Just reading Dystopia takes me way back. I think I must have played that a good twelve or thirteen years ago now. I can vividly remember playing it with my friends after sixth form and that felt like a lifetime ago. If it wasn't that it'd be another one of those HL2 mods. It got a modding scene for sure but never could quite reach the heydey of HL1 where every guy and his mother conjured up something playable and worthwhile in their basement.

I only came here cos I wanted to see how people were finding the game and instead got a real nostalgia trip out of nowhere.

Dystopia owned though lord knows, I could never get the hang of CYBERFIGHTS and just stuck to cortex-bombing people in meatspace.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rookersh posted:

So did I, but "Ruins of Chicago", "Nazi run California, and "Nazi Alaska" all sound like stuff that'd have had to happen now, rather then before. The US capitulated without the Nazis having to invade. Remember they won by nuking New York, not by a land invasion.

Unless these guys just so happened to start murdering Nazis before BJ got to the US to start New Colossus. But then why would one of them be "US ARMY SOLDIER."

Does the US throw off the shackles of Nazis enough to get an honest to god US ARMY back in action by the end of New Colossus :getin:.

i think they are just independent resistance fighters. the army dude is probaly some gung ho ranger dude who never took off the uniform. and my guess is the nazis made examples out of cities(it seem ones with large population of minorities or left/liberal leanings) so Chicago would definitely be a place the Nazis would gently caress to death.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Six hour game, with 3 1/2 hours of it being cutscenes. That's impressive. :stare:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Fat_Cow posted:

Six hour game, with 3 1/2 hours of it being cutscenes. That's impressive. :stare:

No but seriously source this poo poo because the only places i've heard this have been this thread and /v/ when I poked my head in looking to see if the way to play early was posted in there

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

LordAbaddon posted:

No but seriously source this poo poo because the only places i've heard this have been this thread and /v/ when I poked my head in looking to see if the way to play early was posted in there

some of the reviews have been saying 12 to 15 hours so that count is absolutely bullshit/trollbait

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

LordAbaddon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY71UWqbwIk
Full Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raOKlc546q0

All Cutscenes in movie format.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

quote:

WOLFENSTEIN 2 THE NEW COLOSSUS Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 FULL GAME No Commentary

quote:

PART 1

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raOKlc546q0

All Cutscenes in movie format.

3 hours of cutscenes for a 15-20hr campaign is nothing

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
:siren: Dont click those links, there are suggested videos to the site with major spoilers in the thumbnail :siren:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can we not go to alt-right haven to get info on a game where you murder the people they emulate? Thanks.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

:siren: Dont click those links, there are suggested videos to the site with major spoilers in the thumbnail :siren:

Also this, so please stop posting videos of a game not technically out yet.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

3 hours of cutscenes for a 15-20hr campaign is nothing

Man at least click the first video. Scroll the very end of the video, it has the credits and what not. That is the full campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The end credits music is the most godawful cover I’ve ever heard. Like I thought it was edited in there as a joke, or maybe it was put over the real version because they were trying to avoid the copyright algorithm but no, it’s real