Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nachos posted:

lucky for all the AC fans here, nobody here gives enough of a poo poo about it to accidentally spoil it

[/spoiler]Petting cats is the best part of the game[/spoiler]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please don't spoil every game with pettable cats

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
3 mins til mario

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've been playing Dragonball Xenoverse (the first one) the last couple days. It's really addictive after a bit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

With Diablo 3 well and truly dead, are there any good multiplayer games that don't require my full attention, that I can play while catching up on TV shows? Doesn't have to be an action RPG. SC2 custom maps could've been a good option if it wasn't dead too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nachos posted:

lucky for all the AC fans here, nobody here gives enough of a poo poo about it to accidentally spoil it

Spooilers: its poo poo from an rear end

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

With Diablo 3 well and truly dead, are there any good multiplayer games that don't require my full attention, that I can play while catching up on TV shows? Doesn't have to be an action RPG. SC2 custom maps could've been a good option if it wasn't dead too.
congratulations on your upcoming dota addiction

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

In Training posted:

Spooilers: its poo poo from an rear end

great, another game ruined. won't be buying this either

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Josh Lyman posted:

D3 is dead now? Didn't that warlock thing just drop a few months ago?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

i haven't played much of it yet but density 2 should probably work for this. vermintide's gone on sale for halloween and works too. overwatch is great for this as well.

if you're incredibly loving desperate you can try out warframe but that's a dark and deep abyss to willingly submit yourself to

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 26, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Josh Lyman posted:

What happened to Diablo? I know the season just ended but did something else happen?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

homeless snail posted:

congratulations on your upcoming dota addiction
I would happily play dota2 if I wouldn't just get vote kicked from every game for being terrible.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What happened to Diablo? I know the season just ended but did something else happen?
It feels like the Necromancer xpac was a bust. None of my friends got it. But I'm happy to be proven wrong and get back to left clicking.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 26, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

singleplayer games that don't meet the multiplayer criteria but have served the purpose well: witcher 3 sidequests and exploration, vanquish, elite dangerous (only if you like floating for space doing nothing for long periods), binding of isaac if you like roguelikes.

oh and rocket league is another multiplayer one that's good

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How's the population on Vermintide? I have it from the humble bundle thing a ways back but wasn't sure if I should just wait for the second game next year.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mr E posted:

How's the population on Vermintide? I have it from the humble bundle thing a ways back but wasn't sure if I should just wait for the second game next year.

it's pretty small but i wouldn't call it dead. it perks up a bit every time they release some dlc, of which there's one final one scheduled for an undetermined date between now and the launch of vermintide 2.

oh doy i lost many hours to payday 2 back in the day that should work too, but good luck learning all the game mechanics without a 3 week correspondence course

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr E posted:

Steamcharts says there are about 2000 people playing it right now, which means you shouldn't have trouble finding a game, but I've played it almost exclusively with friends.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

it's pretty small but i wouldn't call it dead. it perks up a bit every time they release some dlc, of which there's one final one scheduled for an undetermined date between now and the launch of vermintide 2.

oh doy i lost many hours to payday 2 back in the day that should work too, but good luck learning all the game mechanics without a 3 week correspondence course

Playing with goons in PD2 should mostly solve that problem, I only have ever had one bad goongame experience in that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The necromancer pack was a bust because they charged a stupid amount of money for one class that, from most reports, was pretty half baked.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You may joke about Wolfenstein lore but The saga is surprisingly consistent, every game is a direct continuation of the story of the previous all the way back to the first one, with multiple significant callbacks. There's probably something in Enemy Territory even that ties in

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

The necromancer pack was a bust because they charged a stupid amount of money for one class that, from most reports, was pretty half baked.

It was cool but it has noticeably fewer skills than other classes and just feels ... incomplete

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Play Path of Exile instead

stare into the abyss :kheldragar:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

did they make it more fun yet

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Josh Lyman posted:

E
D
F

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

More fun than D3 ever was :can:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I received bad news today and I feel the urge to buy something to cope. Mario Odyssey seems like it would be the feel-good medicine I crave but I don't have a Switch. The New Colossus us very appealing but $60 for a 12-hour guided experience is a tough sell. Assassins Creed Origins is an AC game and I'm permanently burned out on them.

What's a gamer to do.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LawfulWaffle posted:

I received bad news today and I feel the urge to buy something to cope. Mario Odyssey seems like it would be the feel-good medicine I crave but I don't have a Switch. The New Colossus us very appealing but $60 for a 12-hour guided experience is a tough sell. Assassins Creed Origins is an AC game and I'm permanently burned out on them.

What's a gamer to do.

Heat Signature is good, Night in the Woods is good and on sale

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I kinda want to get Odyssey because I haven't properly played through a 3D mario since 64

But switch in portable mode hurts my head after a while (as do all handhelds) and I can't plug it into my monitor because it's displayport only :(

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Dr Cheeto posted:

There was supposed to be another Diablo 3 expansion like Reaper of Souls. However, it can cancelled and some of the content was rolled out as patches.

It's why there has been a long dry spell for the series. Blizzard is hiring for Diablo 4 which is likely to be focused around co-op and lootboxes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can't wait until they walk back the lootboxes like they walked back the auction house

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sunning posted:

There was supposed to be another Diablo 3 expansion like Reaper of Souls. However, it can cancelled and some of the content was rolled out as patches.

It's why there has been a long dry spell for the series. Blizzard is hiring for Diablo 4 which is likely to be focused around co-op and lootboxes.
Isn't D3 already focused around co-op? I know I mostly played with friends.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's a gamer to do.

Idk man, Killin Nazis sounds like a good time in this political climate even if it was a literal on the rails shooter. Feel good is mostly a nintendo thing though, so unless you have a wii u and haven't played a specific mario game yet...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Destiny 2…?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's a gamer to do.

A Hat In Time is a nice enough Mario replacement. I thought it was going to be middling crap like Yooka Laylee ended up being but it’s actually fun.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Heat Signature is good, Night in the Woods is good and on sale

Where is Night in the Woods on sale?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone try Sunless Skies yet? It’s in Steam early access but the reviews basically agree that it’s grossly unfinished atm. I wouldn’t mind a good goon’s opinion though, seeing how I looooooved Sunless Sea and want an excuse to buy Skies right now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Endorph posted:

at the end of mario oddysey mario and luigi are crucified and the game ends with the credits showing you nintendo's email address

it's a shame the mariosaga games weren't as good, but marioblade is alright i guess

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Wamdoodle posted:

I always mess up the spelling of rogue.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's a gamer to do.

I hope you're alright!

Honestly, my favorite relaxation game is still Stardew Valley. It's calming.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

al-azad posted:

Where is Night in the Woods on sale?

https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/923599344477065219
https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/923603154142314497

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I was hoping it'd be discounted on PS4 but it's only a $3 discount then gently caress it, I'm just going to buy it on PS4.

• Locked thread