Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Diablo 3 owned past Loot 2.0 what the heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Weekly update looks interesting.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

quote:

CB: Hey, everyone. We've been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we're always thinking about where the game is heading next. We're still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.

Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.

Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.

Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).

Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.

Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).

Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.

Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.

Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.

New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).

An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I just want a guild chat, my chatbox is so empty. :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are they planning concurrent updates between console + pc? Or since this is technically a port is there going to be a delay

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

A "Life Exotic" modifier on nightfalls would be interesting.

im flabbergasted they didnt have mayhem clash with no exotic limit the final week of D1 pre D2

oh wait I know why they didn't

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If y'all want to keep getting progressively more powerful while equipping whatever the hell gear you want,

Might I suggest Diablo 3??

If Destiny 2 development follows the same path as D3, it's going to be an amazing game. D3 turned into such a great game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Diablo 3 is the Destiny 2 of ARPGs

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

Diablo 3 owned past Loot 2.0 what the heck

I got in on the ground floor and beat the hardest difficulty + max level 3 days in, and there was no end game to be found... sounds a bit like this lol

like, if you're launching an MMO with no endgame, maybe make sure people can't power rush the whole thing in the first couple days and make them wait weeks for new content. I'd rather have an artificial grind to beat the game than to blast through and having nothing to do.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 27, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

quote:

Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games). 

GOOD

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

im flabbergasted they didnt have mayhem clash with no exotic limit the final week of D1 pre D2

oh wait I know why they didn't

Too much effort to figure out / program. Let's say someone equips all exotics during the match and transfers all other gear in their inventory to their vault or something. What is the game supposed to equip them with when they go to orbit? You can't have empty slots in Destiny.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

qbert posted:

Too much effort to figure out / program. Let's say someone equips all exotics during the match and transfers all other gear in their inventory to their vault or something. What is the game supposed to equip them with when they go to orbit? You can't have empty slots in Destiny.

Well if I'm remembering right and you had a faction exotic class item equipped then pledged allegiance to another faction, it stripped you of your class item and had nothing equipped.

No models of guardians wearing only underwear?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

qbert posted:

Go back to the lore at the beginning of Destiny 1 when your ghost fabricates you up a set up level 1 white armor when it resurrects you, do that again for the empty slots.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey guardians, here's a quick preview of stuff we're working on *posts list of poo poo that should have been in at launch*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i guess they shouldnt do it all then

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah why didn't they just wave their magic wands and instantly put it all in? Lazy devs

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

qbert posted:

No, none of the enemies in the world scale with your level. Just your loot drops.

You will never be able to completely steamroll dudes though, cause Bungie implements a kind of cap on that kind of stuff. For example, you could be 300 power fighting level 4 dudes, but Bungie has some invisible cap that says "If you're > 20 power above this enemy, you do the same extra damage regardless."

Thanks! :sympathy:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Yeah why didn't they just wave their magic wands and instantly put it all in? Lazy devs

i mean this is true but not having a cardinal point on the compass is like the ultimate wtf

it was in during D1

it's incredibly useful and annoying to not have

seems pretty CS101

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i do agree tho, some of it is basic stuff

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Some of this stuff is incredibly basic and it's embarrassing that it was left out to begin with come on guys

Also I love what we got in Destiny 2 but for real I've played less than 10 strikes because seriously why play strikes. Strikes were always a good leveling tool in D1 and they should provide a greater reward than public events.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there any matchmaking going on at all in the Crucible? I played one round where my team of randos crushed another team of randos, then I played another where a team of level 20 clanmates annihilated my team of level 4 randos. I don't really feel like playing any more, it wasn't even fun when I was winning.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

DrNutt posted:

Hey guardians, here's a quick preview of stuff we're working on *posts list of poo poo that should have been in at launch*

At least they are going to add it in. But yeah many people are going to stop before the changes and not come back.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Is there any matchmaking going on at all in the Crucible? I played one round where my team of randos crushed another team of randos, then I played another where a team of level 20 clanmates annihilated us. I don't really feel like playing any more, it wasn't even fun when I was winning.

There is SBMM, which means after jumping in and dominating my first two PC rounds I'm being thrown up against level 20 MIDA using mega clans. It's real fun but at least it'll fix itself once I tank a few rounds.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hamelekim posted:

At least they are going to add it in. But yeah many people are going to stop before the changes and not come back.

I just hope some stuff is fixable sooner rather than later. I can live without an emote wheel for whatever reason, but like the way strikes are and prestige rewards (for how challenging prestige poo poo is) are pretty terrible and should be fixed ASAP.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Is there any matchmaking going on at all in the Crucible? I played one round where my team of randos crushed another team of randos, then I played another where a team of level 20 clanmates annihilated my team of level 4 randos. I don't really feel like playing any more, it wasn't even fun when I was winning.

as Dr. Nutt MD pointed out there is SBMM. Bungie has a hard on for 50% win ratios so eventually you'll be playing people about your level.

That being said quickplay has a much wider band it pulls from, to favor connection quality. So you might get your rear end handed to you one match, then eat rear end the next.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

joke's on you because AIDS is actually extremely good in 2017

Hey ABGD, you literally said in the D2 Console thread you don't like this game anymore.
So, as a Destiny Noob who poopsocked up to level 20 within 2 days and who loves the audio, the visuals, the gunfeel, the action and the lore and that there is SO MUCH to do (not to mention leveling the other 2 classes) and on top of it I can enjoy this new game on 1440p Ultrasettings with 105 FOV and 110 avg fps ...
As this kind of D2 noob that loves exploring this new game and being overwhelmed, I want to ask you, dear Goon bro;

Could you - please - postpone your D2 (bungie) hatepostings until guys like me start complaining how this game is stalling after several months? :nsa: :hfive:
Just help us noobs enjoy this journey as I can still find some quality postings when you answer game mechanic questions.
This game is good and fun, and I might echo your rants asap when it is not anymore, ok?
:woop:

Edit: My noob complaint in D2 is that the game does not explain very important mechanics. The Dulfy Guide is essential stuff I would love to find in the game help/hints.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
is 105 fov generally the sweet spot? I usually don't mess with that stuff from the default but those comparisons on the last few pages make me really feel like I'm missing out.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Alright, what's the deal with these sodding "saxophone" errors? I've managed to log in once for a grand total of twenty minutes since this got done downloading a couple of hours ago. I've seen people suggest killing the Blizzard Update Agent and restarting Battle.net but it's not helping.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not really a grind forever arpg player so I played through diablo 3 once and was done and then played through with the expansion once and was done. It was ok. path of exile is ugly garbage with a massive passive skill tree and I've never been able to make it through the first act

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The real issue is because destiny has a unified sandbox for pve/pvp, these balancing acts affect PvE as well, for the worse imho.
I've never seen a game do a great job of balancing PvE and PvP together. It's such a pointless endeavor to even try.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Alright, what's the deal with these sodding "saxophone" errors? I've managed to log in once for a grand total of twenty minutes since this got done downloading a couple of hours ago. I've seen people suggest killing the Blizzard Update Agent and restarting Battle.net but it's not helping.

Try logging in and out of the Battle.net client.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mr.PayDay posted:

Hey ABGD, you literally said in the D2 Console thread you don't like this game anymore.
So, as a Destiny Noob who poopsocked up to level 20 within 2 days and who loves the audio, the visuals, the gunfeel, the action and the lore and that there is SO MUCH to do (not to mention leveling the other 2 classes) and on top of it I can enjoy this new game on 1440p Ultrasettings with 105 FOV and 110 avg fps ...
As this kind of D2 noob that loves exploring this new game and being overwhelmed, I want to ask you, dear Goon bro;

Could you - please - postpone your D2 (bungie) hatepostings until guys like me start complaining how this game is stalling after several months? :nsa: :hfive:
Just help us noobs enjoy this journey as I can still find some quality postings when you answer game mechanic questions.
This game is good and fun, and I might echo your rants asap when it is not anymore, ok?
:woop:

Edit: My noob complaint in D2 is that the game does not explain very important mechanics. The Dulfy Guide is essential stuff I would love to find in the game help/hints.

Like I said I'm not hateposting. I'm complaining about a game I hoped I would like a lot more.

I also said I would back off. If you ever want to reference a list of my complaints please refer to the recent This Week At Bungie under the section covering things they said they need to add to their game, but also throw in 4v4 pvp only is bad. Namaste.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Elysiume posted:

I've never seen a game do a great job of balancing PvE and PvP together. It's such a pointless endeavor to even try.

D1 did a pretty good job. A lot of perks on both weapons and armor were only active if you were killing PvE enemies!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arivia posted:

Try logging in and out of the Battle.net client.

looks like launching it from a "non steam game" shortcut in Steam even with b.net running is my problem. Logged in first try when run from the b.net app directly. There's got to be a way of getting it working as a non-steam shortcut though

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

looks like launching it from a "non steam game" shortcut in Steam even with b.net running is my problem. Logged in first try when run from the b.net app directly. There's got to be a way of getting it working as a non-steam shortcut though

Oh, that would be doing it, yep. Don't bother with the stupid Steam thing, that just fucks with it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arivia posted:

Oh, that would be doing it, yep. Don't bother with the stupid Steam thing, that just fucks with it.

Well that kinda sucks. No Steam Link shenanigans for me then. At some point I might try to launch it from my Nvidia Shield Tablet's gamestream mode, then use the TV's screenshare function to display it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Well that kinda sucks. No Steam Link shenanigans for me then.

Yeah, D2 on PC is specifically built for and into the Battle.net platform, so it has a specific way of doing things.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hamelekim posted:

Weekly update looks interesting.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

CB: Hey, everyone. We've been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we're always thinking about where the game is heading next. We're still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.

Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.

Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.

Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.

Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.

Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.

Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.

New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).

An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

GIRL IM MOIST

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
There a better way to grind 200-260 than heroic public missions? Getting kinda old and im only at 220.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Arivia posted:

is 105 fov generally the sweet spot? I usually don't mess with that stuff from the default but those comparisons on the last few pages make me really feel like I'm missing out.

It's the highest the in game options let you set the fov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Despera posted:

There a better way to grind 200-260 than heroic public missions? Getting kinda old and im only at 220.

Public events are fastest, but up to 260 you can do literally any activity in the game and get upgrades. Strikes, crucible, token turnins, whatever.

• Locked thread