Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

pissdude posted:

there's also a google drive that's easily searchable on regular google searches that has EQ Tit

Well I'll be darned, there ARE spectres down there. I've only been in the bits with Vin Moltor and Cuburt, which I know fairly well, and nothing else because you know, DEATH.

Tried tracking them on my druid but I can't find them. Can you point them out on the map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Meatgrinder posted:

Well I'll be darned, there ARE spectres down there. I've only been in the bits with Vin Moltor and Cuburt, which I know fairly well, and nothing else because you know, DEATH.

Tried tracking them on my druid but I can't find them. Can you point them out on the map?

The Freeport sewers were quite deadly as well, weren't they? I remember dying in there once at like level 30 and needing a necro to summon my corpse out.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Freeport sewers are quite small and not particularly dangerous. Nowhere near as elaborate as Qeynos.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
So I've hit level 19 on my lizard monk and I've basically outgrown Kurns, so it's time to head to actual civilization (and start faction grinding so I can bank and stuff). There's a greater than 50% chance I'll gently caress up somewhere and die and need help tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't play classic much before Luclin so using boats and poo poo is a complete mystery to me.

This is going to be a disaster and I love it.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

jymbojones posted:

So I've hit level 19 on my lizard monk and I've basically outgrown Kurns, so it's time to head to actual civilization (and start faction grinding so I can bank and stuff). There's a greater than 50% chance I'll gently caress up somewhere and die and need help tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't play classic much before Luclin so using boats and poo poo is a complete mystery to me.

This is going to be a disaster and I love it.

Stay in Kurns until 22-23. Crazy to leave earlier.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Pratan posted:

Stay in Kurns until 22-23. Crazy to leave earlier.

really? The exp on the upper floors isn't that fast and most groups seem to be topping out around 17-18. Basement is rough because there are a million badgers and if I pull more than 1 I have to FD or die, but I can give it a try.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

jymbojones posted:

really? The exp on the upper floors isn't that fast and most groups seem to be topping out around 17-18. Basement is rough because there are a million badgers and if I pull more than 1 I have to FD or die, but I can give it a try.

Why did you gently caress up your faction with the badgers? I think if you kill 0, they leave you alone, but after the first, they attack you.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Why did you gently caress up your faction with the badgers? I think if you kill 0, they leave you alone, but after the first, they attack you.

I'm going to blame painkillers, and me being a moron. In that order.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you hosed up your badger faction, then yes it is time to go.

OT can work 19-25ish. Then WW.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Bleh, want to play with my girl friend, but waiting on Gms to allow to loggins on our IP.

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

What are yalls character names/levels? I haven't played this in forever but have been bored AF lately and have a 54 Druid I might be willing to screw around on. I also have a 12 Necro that I twinked out like 5 years ago with a SMR and GEBs etc etc that I never really played. If anyone is around that level I could probably motivate myself to group and actually play.

Toxx
Aug 25, 2002

Dreaddor posted:

What are yalls character names/levels? I haven't played this in forever but have been bored AF lately and have a 54 Druid I might be willing to screw around on. I also have a 12 Necro that I twinked out like 5 years ago with a SMR and GEBs etc etc that I never really played. If anyone is around that level I could probably motivate myself to group and actually play.

6 bard floating around qeynos at odd hours named aeoxx

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I've been playing a little bit lately.

Hit me up on one of my chars if you see me online (Mauzer, Chairman, Malkatraz, Noctolin, Odious, Vedder, Alteredstate) if you need an invite to the nearly defunct Goon Guild.

Or do / all "Unknown Guild"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Yesterday I was on my 15 druid coming back from Surefall Glade when I saw a skeleton walking around. Oh, Pyzjin's pet. Oh, she has the stone. Awesome.

Except I didn't med to full and ran out of mana before I could finish her. Then a 60 druid found me and watched me die before taking the kill. RIP my money.

Dreaddor posted:

Scamander is my main, currently 35 gnome mage.

Saelluna is a halfling druid I made. 15 at the moment.

I also have a 12 enchanter and 17 cleric on the side.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is the GBS actually good or just cosmetic?

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I am on the following characters (usually-I have sever alt-itis. I could be full NTOV geared in a raid guild if I could stick to one character).

Thistledown 60 warrior
Rihl 60 bard
Ruana 58 cleric
Kahvi 58 rogue
Dezlen 57 ranger
Orolin 57 magician
Saryon 56 wizard

And various other characters from 40-55 I am too lazy to list out.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I logged in for the first time in at least a year and a half, forgot how well geared my rogue was before I bailed to the progression servers.

If anyone needs help hit me up, or if they want to buy a fully HoT geared rogue... lol

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Elephunk posted:

Is the GBS actually good or just cosmetic?

It's one of the best held items pre-Kunark. Otherwise meh. Drachnid Thyxl has the same cosmetic look.

More of a status/rarity symbol.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
On live I remember haunting Kerra Island killing lovely little spike tooth fishes with my monk, without track, to do the quest to get the No Drop fishing pole you can use as a weapon. Stuff like that is cool and fun.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Uziduke posted:

Bleh, want to play with my girl friend, but waiting on Gms to allow to loggins on our IP.

if one of you have a hotspot just use that, EQ p99 does not take that much bandwidth

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

No Luck Needed posted:

if one of you have a hotspot just use that, EQ p99 does not take that much bandwidth

Games in general require very little bandwidth, but latency is pretty key. Less so in EQ.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

kzersatz posted:

loving Kedge man, that place is a nightmare for so many reasons.
There is literally zero chance to escape, at all.

yup kedge is great

Vargs posted:

I mostly just hate those loving tiny fish that interrupt your medding constantly.

yup kedge is great

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Kedge is the best. I will probably be able to navigate that zone until I die. One of the last times I logged in on P99 was to help get druid epic pieces down there, and, for awhile, my mage solely existed to pet zerg in sky and duo phinny. Solo camping Shellara on my monk for her mask while PLing AFK nerds was harder than doing epic and more fun as well.

once while on Ventrillo I was running late to help people with Phinni and I was able to guide them down to phinni's room just off of my memory of what direction to to turn, the zone seems impossible to alot of people. Like lower guk is very big and very twisty turny, but camp the live side EE and run over to dead side becomes easier and easier. Whenever I would help people with Tranix or Ragefire, I never understood how people would get lost in sol b. Sol b seems so small once you know ever inch of it. I once tried to use 1 inch by 1 inch grid paper to map out Old Seb for a D&D game and I barely made it to the nox bettle area before I was like, woah EQ is huge, intricate, and beautiful

Bybus Slago posted:

I've got a 55 mage I've been itching to play again, and I love kedge. Killing phinny is one step towards my unattainable dream of getting a mage epic.

hey I got a 55 mage that needs a water staff too but haven't played in 6 months or something

edt. It is also funny when you find a mage or something trying to camp Undertow and never looking up and realizing that there is a spawn near the ceiling

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

We going to Kedge this weekend or what?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
How hard is the druid epic Kedge bit?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

ChairmanMauzer posted:

How hard is the druid epic Kedge bit?

It's soloable if you're good at charm animal, you just kill a million seahorse until a TAINTED SEAHORSE spawns

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Elephunk posted:

We going to Kedge this weekend or what?

I realize I started the interest up again, but I’ll be out for about a week while on vacation. I parked a tracker at the entrance, how about next Sunday?

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Pratan posted:

I have sever alt-itis.

Thistledown 60 warrior
Rihl 60 bard
Ruana 58 cleric
Kahvi 58 rogue
Dezlen 57 ranger
Orolin 57 magician
Saryon 56 wizard
And various other characters from 40-55 I am too lazy to list out.

:drat:

How are Rangers? Considering to roll one as an alt but do they need crazy twinking to be any decent?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Justaddwater posted:

How are Rangers? Considering to roll one as an alt but do they need crazy twinking to be any decent?

They’re meh. They come into their own post Velious but before that they don’t do all that much all that well.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Justaddwater posted:

They are second in terms of utility behind bards imo. In groups you can do everything-puller, tank, cc, dps, even limited healing against trash mobs. Tracking is an amazing ability, useful all the time. You do need halfway decent gear to solo anything, as rangers don’t have great defensive skills.

Mine has decent gear but no epic due to lack of a guild. I am really noticing the Dps loss when I solo at 57 compared to my epic rogue (who can solo well if she had a healing breastplate). Lack of epic is also hurting my grouping ability, as there are too many ranger twinks out there that are fully decked out compared to me.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Make a DEX-stacked Ghoulbane paladin. They are super fun!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Siets posted:

Make a DEX-stacked Ghoulbane paladin. They are super fun!

Erudite Prexus worshipper, someone make use of my Terrorantula silks so I don’t have to

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I really like rangers in leveling groups now that the exp penalty is gone. Their dps isn't rogue-level but it's still solid. The stigma is kinda weird to me because people have no issues with mages, but a ranger is almost certainly going to do more damage than one while also adding more utility. And if you don't have any tanks around, they can fulfill that role if need be.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
If anyone has any alts around level 20 or is just starting like me, hit me up as Lagiacrus in game. I'm a level 20 monk as of this posting, just dicking around trying to get exp and money where I can.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I got a Dragon Horn Ykesha if some Ranger wants it.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Erudite Prexus worshipper, someone make use of my Terrorantula silks so I don’t have to

i have a ERU SHD friend who can craft the steelsilk. not sure if he can do the good-aligned stuff tho?

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

My Enchanter is almost 47 if you guys are still down for hitting Kedge.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I still wanna go to Kedge

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Anybody have thoughts on a good spot for wizard quad-kiting at Level 54? Did a lot in CS, but experience has dropped off.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

wazu posted:

Anybody have thoughts on a good spot for wizard quad-kiting at Level 54? Did a lot in CS, but experience has dropped off.

Sentient Armor suits in Wakening Lands. The four suit camp is perfect for quadding. Six camp may be too difficult for 54.

Run see invis and stay close to zone wall. Panthers and other patrols will sometimes be close by and/or in your way.

May have to compete with cash farmers on busy days. The suits drop good vendor loot and crushed velious gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Arae posted:

Sentient Armor suits in Wakening Lands. The four suit camp is perfect for quadding. Six camp may be too difficult for 54.

Run see invis and stay close to zone wall. Panthers and other patrols will sometimes be close by and/or in your way.

May have to compete with cash farmers on busy days. The suits drop good vendor loot and crushed velious gems.

Great, thanks. I tried one of these camps awhile back, and picked up panther add, and it ended poorly. Will give it another try and stick to the wall this time.