Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
clears are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Poopernickel posted:

- no real clicky-clack (open floor plan :emo:)

an open floor plan is precisely where a loud keyboard is most valuable

teach them the error of their ways at 90 wpm

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
browns reds and speeds (ugh gamer garbage) are not better than rubber dome

discuss

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

an open floor plan is precisely where a loud keyboard is most valuable

teach them the error of their ways at 90 wpm

ah the sound of machine gun fire, brings back memories of vietraq, almost enough to get over the ptsd i got from sitting in a cubicle for 3 years (not from war)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Reds felt better than my logitech k310, blues are better than both.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Dodoman posted:

Reds felt better than my logitech k310, blues are better than both.

blues aren't total trash, i'll give you that

they're still not exactly top tier (or even remotely impressive), mind you

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 26, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

yeah but like, how did that affect the product

by buying one u are putting more snacks into the mouth of jeff atwood

burning swine
May 26, 2004

blowfish posted:

blues aren't total trash, i'll give you that

they're still not exactly top tier (or even remotely impressive), mind you

If blues are your favorite cherry switches then greens are actually your favorite cherry switches whether you know it yet or not

and if you really like clickies that much you should just drop $95 on a unicomp

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

echinopsis posted:

no one has used clears and preferred browns

i have both and i prefer the browns. the clears are a bit more fatiguing to type on because of the extra force required

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the topre with the adjustable actuation depth is the preferable gamer keyboard

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

gaming doesn’t need a special keyboard.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

my coworker thinks clears feel like membrane keyboards

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

echinopsis posted:

i have used clears and preferred browns

all cherry mx switches are bad though, hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lotta weirdos in this thread coming out like “yeah sex with a reason person is ok but i prefer my fleshlight”

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

https://danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

also i like reds because i like really stupid minimal actuation

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

echinopsis posted:

lotta weirdos in this thread coming out like “yeah sex with a reason person is ok but i prefer my fleshlight”

fleshlights are real good at deepthroating, btw

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
I use a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Grassy Knowles posted:

fleshlights are real good at deepthroating, btw

true gamers use the vajankle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at people cuddling their waifu pillows itt

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Echi I swear to god if you make fun of my waifu again I'm going to come out of your monitor like the girl in The Ring.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Echi I swear to god if you make fun of my waifu again I'm going to come out of your monitor like the girl in The Ring.

krieger san

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

bring it

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I use clears at work but I like browns at home because the lighter press is better for muh video games

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Halloween is coming, so here's something scary.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it might be because I am high and drunk, and typing seems to become some kind of second nature .. but I am writing posts (intoxicated rambles) and I am typig on my mbp and sitting on a relaxing chair with and I can type and type and type and make no typos

I make gently caress loads of typos on my browns

in fact I have just plugged it into my mac to compare and see if I make more or less mistakes and I just dont know

hmm

anyway.. I am starting to think your level of intoxication matters more than browns vs clears etc

pram.. do your caps have "sharp" edges or are they quite smoothed. I think that makes a diff. I have a lame as gently caress set of coloured set of caps that just replace the letters lol but its on a cable so you can sit back and type and have a small chopping board on the arm which doubles as a mouse board and a place to hold a beer

its sweet lol.. for a mid life crisis

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but why isnt this wireless

has anyone made a TKL mechanical wireless. we have a microsoft wireless and two AAA batteries lasted like 18 months +

how hard could it be to make a wireless mech board. do mech switches somehow cause more energy useage? fuckin shouldnt. do microsoft have superior electronics that allow it rather than the switches themselves?

this board has two LEDs that are the only obvious active energy users on this board, but only wiht caps or scroll lock if on, which never is.

can we get a pad that is like the bottom half of a mbp.. you know keyboard and trackpad

but make it only that.. and wireless.. and mecanical

probably have to recess the keys but that would be good and nice.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
the last gen mbp keyboards were the best laptop keyboards I’ve used. current ones are trash, very disappointing. but ~~aesthetics~~

for the next rev they’ll take the screen and keyboard off entirely, just sell exquisitely machined aluminum blocks to people for $2000.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pgroce posted:

the last gen mbp keyboards were the best laptop keyboards I’ve used. current ones are trash, very disappointing. but ~~aesthetics~~

for the next rev they’ll take the screen and keyboard off entirely, just sell exquisitely machined aluminum blocks to people for $2000.

it'll still be better than anything hp makes

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

If blues are your favorite cherry switches then greens are actually your favorite cherry switches whether you know it yet or not
i know but i'm not quite spergy enough to desolder 104 blues and resolder 104 greens

quote:

and if you really like clickies that much you should just drop $95 on a unicomp
so yeah i did this but the usb controller in it was trash and set itself on fire

carry on then posted:

it'll still be better than anything hp makes

that's technically true but so is every other non hp keyboard

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i spilled ramen on my saitek eclipse 2 that ive had since 2005 and put it through the dishwasher and now its dead. what should i get to replace it ?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
lol @ a keyboard made by mad catz

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol @ a keyboard made by mad catz

did mad catz go back in time to make a saitek keyboard from several years before they bought the company ?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
update: bought a corsair mechanical keyboard from best buy. it has cherry red switches, whatever that means. needs suited

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Dislike button posted:

cherry red switches ... needs suited

no, no they are not.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

echinopsis posted:

it might be because I am high and drunk, and typing seems to become some kind of second nature .. but I am writing posts (intoxicated rambles) and I am typig on my mbp and sitting on a relaxing chair with and I can type and type and type and make no typos

in fact I have just plugged it into my mac to compare and see if I make more or less mistakes and I just dont know

hmm

anyway.. I am starting to think your level of intoxication matters more than browns vs clears etc

pram.. do your caps have "sharp" edges or are they quite smoothed. I think that makes a diff. I have a lame as gently caress set of coloured set of caps that just replace the letters lol but its on a cable so you can sit back and type and have a small chopping board on the arm which doubles as a mouse board and a place to hold a beer

mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

hmm

the edges are rounded and smooth

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

the edges are rounded and smooth

much like my brain

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if you are 100% honest with yourself.. are they better to type on than regular cherry style

I have to be honest with myself.. I make less typos and type fasted on this mac book pro keyboard. replacate this as its own wireless keybaord

and win