Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there an Odyssey demo somewhere in this stupid switch eshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i can't find hyrule warriors either, i thought that had a switch port by now??

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This feels like cheating a bit. If 99% of people did this one thing and I do the same based on that, it feels more like reading a guide than making a decision.

It becomes more varied as you unlock more ways to spend your time. If you aren't using a guide there are going to be social links you don't max; don't stress too much and do whatever. Maybe try to mix things up and don't totally neglect your social stats. Find ways to maximize your stat gains (studying at the restaurant while it's raining, for example) and you'll have more time for hnpanging out. Don't worry about Momentos until a few days before the end each dungeon, otherwise you'll have to spend another day in there that could have been spent with a friend.

Have fun!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Ciaphas posted:

i can't find hyrule warriors either, i thought that had a switch port by now??

it just has a 3DS port which is kind of lol

although new 3DS runs it ok apparently

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

psychoJ posted:

wtf i thought the switch was supposed to supplant the 3ds and that ancient thing could finally die

nintendo and consoles in general loving confuse me

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The 3DS will NEVER DIE

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the switch should eventually do that, but i dunno why you think they'd just drop a successful handheld with a large install base, thinking all of those people will rush out to drop money on a switch asap.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

It becomes more varied as you unlock more ways to spend your time. If you aren't using a guide there are going to be social links you don't max; don't stress too much and do whatever. Maybe try to mix things up and don't totally neglect your social stats. Find ways to maximize your stat gains (studying at the restaurant while it's raining, for example) and you'll have more time for hnpanging out. Don't worry about Momentos until a few days before the end each dungeon, otherwise you'll have to spend another day in there that could have been spent with a friend.

Have fun!

I ended my session last night by hitting up the palace (with absolutely no intention to finish it yet) since I only had 200 yen and couldn't study in the diner :smith:

Thanks!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Are you thinking of Fire Emblem Warriors? That just came out for Switch last week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hyrule warriors legends predates the switch's launch and they had another big warriors game coming up so of course it wasn't gonna get ported

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have less and less hope in wii u to switch ports as time goes on, which i guess means i'll be holding onto my wii u for a while

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah ok fair, i'm tired and not thinkin' too straight

i guess I could get fire emblem warriors to scratch that musou itch but i've never had much attachment to FE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all I really want them to port is bayonetta 2, because I don't think that will get a steam release

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I ended my session last night by hitting up the palace (with absolutely no intention to finish it yet) since I only had 200 yen and couldn't study in the diner :smith:

Thanks!

The first few Palaces might take you a few visits due to your lack of SP restoring options. That's okay! Punk nurse can help you out in that area in time. Later on you'll be able to do all of a palace, or at least as much as the game allows, in one trip.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh yeah they're making a game of the top 100 mario party minigames but it's 3ds only. would love to play that online, on switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

all I really want them to port is bayonetta 2, because I don't think that will get a steam release

I think Platinum teased W101/Bayo 2 on the Switch with a tweet?

Or maybe I just dreamt it :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There was a Bayo art picture of her in switch colors that they tweeted so yeah they did tease a port of Bayo/Bayo2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

yeah ok fair, i'm tired and not thinkin' too straight

i guess I could get fire emblem warriors to scratch that musou itch but i've never had much attachment to FE

it seems even kinda hit or miss for FE fans, i guess depending on how much someone can overlook the roster problems. and all the stuff i really love about it is derived from the main FE games so i dunno how that would play to a non-fan.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

an actual dog posted:

The 3DS will NEVER DIE

This. I have too many games loaded onto it for it to die for me any time soon.

homeless snail posted:

You don’t deserve it, because you didn’t love the Wii U.

Shindragon posted:

There was a Bayo art picture of her in switch colors that they tweeted so yeah they did tease a port of Bayo/Bayo2

hosed up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

but I do love the wii u...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

homeless snail posted:

but I do love the wii u...

If you already own the Wii U version of Bayonetta 2 you are allowed to buy it for the Nintendo Switch.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

psychoJ posted:

ive only played the 3DS version (on a New 3DS) and it's great. from what i understand there's a bunch of content exclusive to 3DS, too, although it's missing a co-op mode

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im excited for new assassins creed actually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im happy skipping it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

Why

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8TmIxHSBcU

comment posted:

OH MY GOD THE TITLE SCREEN IS CHANGING THE COLORS OF THE WORDS IN TIME WITH THE MUSIC SCREW NEXT-GEN CONSOLES THIS RIGHT HERE IS PROGRAMMING GENIUS 

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 27, 2017

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

it looks alright. my friend got it on ps4 and we're gamesharing so i'll czech it out after i'm all the way done with mario odyssey and wolf 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

i actually like assassin's creed, i'm the guy who likes it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://giant.gfycat.com/CourteousFrightenedElectriceel.webm

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Agreed, OP

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

she's actually tucking her ring finger in like the postwar-era insult in japan for factory workers

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mordja posted:

He describes it as "way too sexualized."

Saw a picture of Mario and Cappy wearing one another online. Please do not do that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

also i saw revelation a long time before playing this and it's killing me, that i just found out the weird cultist 26-year-old dude in this game, was turned into heather's boy classmate in the movie

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ciaphas posted:

wtf i thought the switch was supposed to supplant the 3ds and that ancient thing could finally die

nintendo and consoles in general loving confuse me

I'm picturing you posting from the black and white world they have in infomercials

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I like the virtual tourism part of AC

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I swear to god if Best Buy doesn't send me my confirmation email that my mario will be waiting for me when they open tomorrow, I'm gonna flip out.

Not had a good evening and just want assurances that I have Mario to look forward to. Is that to much to ask?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mario will always be there for you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
But will best buy?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody it's me first aid kite with the special tip of the day: "don't be a jerk"

I hope everybody has a good weekend. I know some exciting games are coming out tomorrow but don't let that take over your life, make sure to look after yourself and don't starve yourself of food or sleep or skip out on work or chores because of video games. The game isn't going anywhere. Your life and your well-being are more important and I'd rather you put yourself before your video games.

If you're down and out, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't fix your problems but I hope you can take some solace in the knowledge that each passing second is another second closer to the solution of your problem and that everything will ultimately get better with time, as unbearable as it may seem.

Keep well. Don't die. And remember, no harm in a little playful teasing among friends but don't go kicking someone's sandcastle over on a lark. Almost all of us here are people and it's worth remembering that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who here isn’t a person?

• Locked thread