Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CrazyTolradi posted:

Also his social media meltdowns were pretty pathetic too.

Especially if you mention the Sega Saturn :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Don Dongington posted:

Thanks for all the context,

What do you think it was regarding having occurred straight after qt?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

What do you think it was regarding having occurred straight after qt?

*checks notes*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/26/turnbulls-uluru-statement-rejection-mean-spirited-bastardry-legal-expert

Turnbull has rejected the Uluru Statement. Nice work you loving prick.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Goffer posted:

here's a link

SUBSCRIBE

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Who was it that was saying the opinions of Aboriginal people were super important when it came to marriage equality?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i absolutely despise malcolm turnbull

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i hope he realises his legacy is going to be one of total contempt and dismissal by every demographic. even the boomers

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

the old ceremony posted:

i hope he realises his legacy is going to be one of total contempt and dismissal by every demographic. even the boomers

It's true. The Boomers hate him because the landline phone changed and change is bad while the youth hate him because the internet sucks now.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
well the boomers hate him for the same reason they hate everyone: someday, they will die

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
OK but if the name 'Australia' wasn't in use and New Zealand hadn't yet been found by europeans, a european in 1631 might find New Zealand, exercise their right to name other people's things for them and call it Australia on account of the location

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I mean at least they don't have a wet fart for a PM

(anymore)

Edit: speaking of: https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/922349775743172609

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 26, 2017

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

JBP posted:

It's kind of funny how buzzfeed went from this poo poo aggregator to something that is better than most "real" news sources.

They had the CEO on the ABC talking about this when they first made their move into proper journalism. Their logic was apparently that because of all the click bait poo poo they could reach a vast number of people so it made sense to them to start using that channel to distribute actual news too.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

8.8 ON?

Burn this country.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

MiniSune posted:

8.8 ON?

Burn this country.
It is NSW, after all.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/citizenship-seven-rulings-winners-and-losers/9050222

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
6 hours.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:f5:

I think it's going to end up disappointing. All attempts at knocking off ministers seem to fail - is the judiciary particularly toothless?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/ashmcghee/status/923672747472912384
https://twitter.com/ashmcghee/status/923673194208288769

Of course.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the perfect crime

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:f5:

I think it's going to end up disappointing. All attempts at knocking off ministers seem to fail - is the judiciary particularly toothless?

I hope many of them stay in - I think the threshold for compliance with s.44 should be very low so that as wide a pool of people possible can be eligible to sit.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I wonder if I'll be able to not read anything politics related until the next election once Joyce and the rest of those toe-rags get let off today and start crowing about it

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

V for Vegas posted:

I hope many of them stay in - I think the threshold for compliance with s.44 should be very low so that as wide a pool of people possible can be eligible to sit.

If we just decide to ignore bits of the Constitution we may as well just get rid of it

Now if they want to take it to referendum and remove s44 that's a different matter altogether and I would probably be for allowing dual nationals

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

aejix posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to not read anything politics related until the next election once Joyce and the rest of those toe-rags get let off today and start crowing about it

Even if Joyce gets off we've got a sex scandal to follow up with!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Even if Joyce gets off we've got a sex scandal to follow up with!

Oh Joyce got off alright.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm pretty sure whoever's sitting on that is doing so so as not to exhaust the resulting drama prior to a potential by election campaign starting. In TYOOL 2017, any scandal has about a 2-3 week lifespan before people stop giving a poo poo.

That or it's someone at News and they've been told its their job if they leak it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Leading 'no' campaign spokesman says homosexuality 'a disordered form of behaviour'

The "no" campaign on same-sex marriage has had to distance itself from one of its own spokesmen after he described homosexuality as "a disordered form of behaviour" in an extraordinary radio interview that diverged wildly from the campaign's messaging.

David van Gend, a spokesman for the Coalition for Marriage and president of the associated Australian Marriage Forum, was reflecting on Biblical teachings about homosexuality in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

That's DOCTOR David van Gend thank you

"Now, I don't shy away from that, because to me the behaviour is so separate from the person. Homosexuality doesn't define a person at all. The only thing that defines a person is that they are loved by God."

Dr van Gend, a practising GP from Toowoomba and member of the Liberal National Party, went on to differentiate attraction to the same sex from acting on those impulses.

"If someone has same-sex attraction that is just a curious part of their make-up, it is not who they are. And what's more, being same-sex attracted carries absolutely no moral blame, it is no one's fault, it is just one of these puzzling phenomena," he said.

"Whereas by contrast sexual behaviour, for any of us, is a choice, and we are culpable for the sexual behaviour we might choose to do. And for Christian people it's pretty darn simple - no sexual behaviour is on at all, and that's for all of us, unless it is within the faithful unconditional commitment of man-woman marriage. End of story."

The statements were made on Vision Christian Radio and were distributed by the Australian Marriage Forum on Thursday under the title: "A New Way to Betray Children".

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lid posted:

"A New Way to Betray Children"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The old ways of betraying children are more traditional

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

And for Christian people it's pretty darn simple - no sexual behaviour is on at all

the_problem_with_christianity.txt

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Synthbuttrange posted:

The old ways of betraying children are more traditional

Buggering children is a tradition of the church

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm pretty sure if a union organiser raped someone's kid, trade unions would be criminalised; yet broad systemic pedophilia is tolerated within the church

IMO (hot take incoming) -

Add religious affiliation into section 44. Your loyalty to a mythical sky god is getting in the way of progress. gently caress off.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It always amazes me someone can study and become a qualified medical practitioner and still be that thick.

See also: Ben Carson.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Don Dongington posted:

IMO (hot take incoming) -

Add religious affiliation into section 44. Your loyalty to a mythical sky god is getting in the way of progress. gently caress off.
There have been several S44 cases about this already.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

:laffo:

"This is a Christian country!" cries an Italian born man who converted when he got pre-selected.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Ahhhhhh, the classic 'accidentally saying what they all really think' fuckup. Even the church itself knows it won't play, great job going off-script!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
2 hours remain.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BBJoey posted:

source your quotes

DICK DORKINS 2021

• Locked thread