Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hell yeah, threw a pull at the XV banner hoping for Noct's SSB, got that and his OSB. Feels good to have a pull go my way again, it's been a long time.

I threw a pull at XV hoping for Noctis stuff and got Gladio's LMR and Iris' SSB. I'm not salty though, no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
lol gently caress

100 gem: Iris LMR

7/44

Noctis OSBx2, BSB, SSB (dupe)
Iris LMR, SSB
Gladiolus OSB

I mean I'm pretty stoked but four pulls and no LMR makes me sad. Does it recur soon?

Seriously thinking about pulling again for the 0.01% chane at Gladio and Noctis LMRs haha

An almost complete Noctis. SAD

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar draw got me Edea USB. I'm having pretty great dollar luck lately, with Rosa USB and Onion BSB, even if it was a dupe.

Well, sorta lucky. My third 6* mage thrower and I really don't want to hone the Witch abilities. Wish it was Laguna's instead for the ice+ gun, but I can't say no to a new 6* relic.

Still trying to decide whether to pull on the XV banner.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Ugh...pulled three times chasing Noct's SSB and LMR and Iris' LMR...ended up with 2 more Moogle Plushies (entry in the 8* Moogle Plushy club complete), Noct's OSB, Gladiolus' OSB and SSB, and a dupe Iris circlet.

Someone talk me down from this ledge of pumping in more mithril for LMRs.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Never chase a single relic.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Pulled twice on the FF8 banner to patch up my ice arsenal. First pull was 3/11. Rinoa BSB x2 and Edea SSB, both dupes. Second pull netted me 2x Laguna USB, which is what I was really after. I'll probably combine the guns. Not sure about combining Rinoa's relics though, since I can theoretically see a use for them with ninja magic.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Pulled on the XV renewal, Iris BSB, Noct SSB (Apparently good?), Gladiolus LMR.

Pulled again, Gladiolus BSB, SSB, Noct OSB.

So I'm missing OSB for Gladiolus, and BSB, USB, and LMR for Noct?

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 27, 2017

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Rolled on the XV banner, got Noctis' OSB and Gladiolus' SSB. I don't know anything about anything yet but they seem pretty alright!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Though now I'm in the tough position of deciding if I should legend dive Cloud or Noct - I have Cloud's BSB2 and his Enwind SSB, but Noct seems like he's going to have a permanent spot on physical magicite clears so maybe he's the better choice?

I'd go with Cloud, mainly because you get his dual cast materia from the dive rather than a relic.

LadyThorne
Dec 12, 2005
The lazy
So just pulled 4 times on xv renewal, got iris bsb,ssb,lmr and glad osb bsb and lmr.

Is iris considered a top healer with those relics? Current healer is eiko with USB,but she is kind of bad unless my sb gauge comes at that right time.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

KPC_Mammon posted:

Never chase a single relic.

Yea, all of the mithril I've been getting is making me make a lot of pulls I normally wouldn't. Probably just going to save for later at this point.

LordThorn posted:

So just pulled 4 times on xv renewal, got iris bsb,ssb,lmr and glad osb bsb and lmr.

Is iris considered a top healer with those relics? Current healer is eiko with USB,but she is kind of bad unless my sb gauge comes at that right time.

Iris has been my main healer since I pulled her BSB. It has Astra and a damage shield on entry, the heal on entry is balanced by so it's a little weaker. You pulled her LMR which gives her a chance to dual cast so yea, she's a great healer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Noctis has been a stat-stick for me since there's that free level 3 crystal and I started right when that event was up, so I pulled on the banner.

That's my second for Gladio's OSB sword too, making it my first 7-star weapon. And materia for Noctis (chance to doublecast combat techs) and Iris (chance to doublecast white magic). I have Iris's BSB so that works out wel though I've been using a different white mage, and Gladio's taken a back seat in tanking duties due to getting a lot of Beatrix weapons. All in all a pretty lucky pull that really shored up my FFXV team.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I want Noct's SSB but it's the only thing I want out of the FF15 banner, so I'm just going to say goodbye to it.

I pulled twice on the FF8 banner, since I need ice badly, really hoping for Edea's BSB.
I got Edea's USB, and then Rinoa and Kiros' BSBs. Not the ideal, but definitely some solid ice fire power.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Being given Poison as a "main" element is a good way to ensure you never get any improvements, quality of life upgrades, or buffs.

Quistis and Edgar bottomed out with their OSBs.

oh hey speaking of, i got edgar's osb in the last fest

:negative:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
2/11 on the 15 Renewal banner: Gladio's SSB and my only dupe on the entire banner, Gladio's LMR

gently caress gacha games lol

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
1/11 Glad LMR
2/11 Noctis BSB, Glad LMR
2/11 Glad OSB, Iris LMR
2/11 Glad SSB, Iris SSB
1/11 Iris BSB

Welp, I doubt I'll ever have over 400 myth again, pretending to be a whale from all the renewal banner money. Wanted Noctis stuff but I guess I should be happy my rage pulls didn't net me more dupes.

Think I'll avoid pulling on anything except DUs and Fests until the Orlandeau banner now. Should still be able to milk another 100 or so mythril out of the renewals before they go away.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Why yes I am also one of the idiots who wants Noct’s LMR, thanks for asking.

Dollar pull: Gladio OSB
1st pull: Dubstep Sword (dupe), Gladio LMR, Gladio OSB (dupe)
2nd pull: Iris SSB x2

Sometimes I really hate this game but I only have my own dumb rear end to blame so.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Did a pull on the 15 banner because there's exactly 1 dupe.
1/11 pops out.
Me: "Hello dupe Iris BSB"
Game: "Take this Noctis LMR that someone else wanted."

I guess it's not bad on a zero SB Noct but doesn't seem super exciting.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Noctis has been a stat-stick for me since there's that free level 3 crystal and I started right when that event was up, so I pulled on the banner.

That's my second for Gladio's OSB sword too, making it my first 7-star weapon. And materia for Noctis (chance to doublecast combat techs) and Iris (chance to doublecast white magic). I have Iris's BSB so that works out wel though I've been using a different white mage, and Gladio's taken a back seat in tanking duties due to getting a lot of Beatrix weapons. All in all a pretty lucky pull that really shored up my FFXV team.

You.

I hate you.

I mean, grats.

But this is quite literally the pull I wanted, and you got it.

I pulled and got TWO Gladiolus OSBs.

1. at least it is not a dupe, and it's a Fire boost 7* sword now, with earth boost FF15 synergy. On a banner I was 6/11, pulling TWO 6* items that I didn't have before is really lucky.

2. :commissar: DeNA

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm on 5/11 for XV, but there's still three items I want on there (Noct SSB, Gladio BSB, Iris BSB). I'll think on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You.

I hate you.

I mean, grats.

But this is quite literally the pull I wanted, and you got it.

Yeah, lucky as heck. It's really hard to sit on the rest of my mythril now. I KNOW nothing is gonna be as lucky as that pull, and there's not really anything else I need from the banner, but it's really tempting to push my luck.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Are there FFXV events coming up? I wanna pull because I only have one XV relic... but there is always another fest to save for

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Are there FFXV events coming up? I wanna pull because I only have one XV relic... but there is always another fest to save for

I don't think there's been another one in JP yet, so not for 6 months at least

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kefka's BSB1 has the best animation. I am absolutely in love with it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Mithross posted:

I don't think there's been another one in JP yet, so not for 6 months at least

All the XV events have matched up pretty well to the XV DLC releases in Japan, so Ignis will probably arrive in December with Ravus, like how Prompto came with Aranea as the side character featured in the DLC.

Maybe Ravus and Luna, actually? XV might not have enough relics for two proper banners yet but a three character debut could cover that, or it'll be like Type-0 where they just have two banners with every relic possible including SSBs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Am I reading the damage formulae correctly that, barring any damage cap or crit/miss issues, there's no difference between an attack that hits twice for normal damage and one that hits once for double damage?

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

2/11: Kiros BSB, Edea BSB (dupe)
2/11: Gladiolus SSB x2
3/11: Gladiolus LMR, Iris BSB x2

I think I'll just call it here. I'd have liked more/any Noctis/Edea, but I've seen how deep this rabbit hole goes. At least I got a pretty good healer BSB out of it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Bruceski posted:

Am I reading the damage formulae correctly that, barring any damage cap or crit/miss issues, there's no difference between an attack that hits twice for normal damage and one that hits once for double damage?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "normal" damage vs. "double" damage. Each attack has a multiplier, and that is what determines its overall power. But barring damage caps and such, a single hit with a 2.0 multiplier will do the same damage as an attack with 2 x 1.0 damage multiplier, yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "normal" damage vs. "double" damage. Each attack has a multiplier, and that is what determines its overall power. But barring damage caps and such, a single hit with a 2.0 multiplier will do the same damage as an attack with 2 x 1.0 damage multiplier, yes.

That's what I meant, yes.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So I guess the next attempt at Noctis' LMR is the upcoming gem LMR choice banner?

e: also, do Noctis' USB and OSB buff modes stack?

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 27, 2017

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ceaselessfuture posted:

do Noctis' USB and OSB buff modes stack?
Yes but bubbles overwrite each other even if the first one is stronger, so do OSB first then USB after so you end with the 100% bubble.

There is one sad time that I did OSB then Noctis took a big hit one red pixel before USB would have casted. I assume that will happen at least a few more times before I stop playing this game.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

That sounds amazing and is seriously making me consider doing another pull even though I'm 9/11 on the banner :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I rolled on FF8 for some ice and got

Rinoa BSB2
Edea USB

Seems good!!

Although I tried them in fenrir and I have nBSB2o idea how you’re supposed to maintain Edea usb. Eats hones like nothing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hell yeah, threw a pull at the XV banner hoping for Noct's SSB, got that and his OSB. Feels good to have a pull go my way again, it's been a long time.

This OSB actually looks kind of interesting since it's not just a boring "deal a bunch of damage" one. Is it actually any good? I assume the potency of the actual OSB hit is pretty weak in exchange, and I doubt there's many situations where I'd want to use it over just casting his SSB again, but at worst it's a stat stick for a realm I have nothing else in and +10 attack to Noct.

Though now I'm in the tough position of deciding if I should legend dive Cloud or Noct - I have Cloud's BSB2 and his Enwind SSB, but Noct seems like he's going to have a permanent spot on physical magicite clears so maybe he's the better choice?

It's basically TGC Mode, but rather than being a fixed duration it lasts as long as the stoneskin does. This means is can theoretically last a real long time or you can get unlucky and have Noctis take a sword to the face and lose it immediately. It's finnicky but it's still pretty good if you work around it.

I forget if you can throw other stoneskins on him to help him along or not.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Other stoneskins will keep it going, including Noct's 100% stoneskin USB

As far as Edea USB goes, it seems not great? Other mages get USBs with comparable effects, and aren't shackled to the lovely 5* witch abilities

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ha ha HA! I just completely dismantled a 140-rank boss! I know that's trivial for y'all but it's a pretty big milestone. What a difference a bit of ability synergy (and having Noctis/Iris in a FFXV fight with matching gear, and getting those two "start with LB" materia...) can make.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Other stoneskins will keep it going, including Noct's 100% stoneskin USB

As far as Edea USB goes, it seems not great? Other mages get USBs with comparable effects, and aren't shackled to the lovely 5* witch abilities

I feel like Edea's USB needs to work on black or her BSB should be changed to witch, otherwise it's just not really worth it. Too many hones for not enough damage compared to other USBs

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Speaking of Noctis OSB.

Alright then. :toot:

I have his BSB I recently pulled too so that's neat.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Ha ha HA! I just completely dismantled a 140-rank boss! I know that's trivial for y'all but it's a pretty big milestone. What a difference a bit of ability synergy (and having Noctis/Iris in a FFXV fight with matching gear, and getting those two "start with LB" materia...) can make.

Congrats! I heartily recommend going to try and get the gigas armlet from ff2 renewal, it might be a stretch but it is a great accessory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4hO-qsNLg

Maria continues to arbitrarily destroy the planet in the quest for ludicrous gibs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tB1OccpP10

Guy Speak Angry.

• Locked thread