Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
There’s something strange...in the neighborhood. Specifically, 3 undead stacks led by LLs massacring their way through the mountains in a slow winding path towards Karaz a Karak. I have no idea who to call about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Mortal empires is fun but I've spent like 50 turns as Malekith consolidating fantasy North America and getting that in a good spot, not enough time raiding the lovely old world races, who I want to annihilate.

The start of the game is really slow because of the extreme cost of fielding multiple armies. The balance on VH is ridiculous.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Helion posted:

There’s something strange...in the neighborhood. Specifically, 3 undead stacks led by LLs massacring their way through the mountains in a slow winding path towards Karaz a Karak. I have no idea who to call about this.

Ghorst-busters?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Hard to decide what faction to start with and which to wait for the foundation patch update for a better norsca and hero revamp.

Was thinking of playing the vampires, but Kemmler is missing Krell.

You can do the von carsteins like I'm doing. Vlad and Isabela didn't have any changes in the foundation update.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Helion posted:

this was the best part of conquer anywhere as dwarves where suddenly undead oh god where are my slayer buildings

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Haha K8P rebels have just that settlement yet sustain 4 full stacks...that are camping K8P. I can't sustain more than 1.5 cheap, lovely clanrat stacks. Cool

Yeah time to CHEAT with a reduced upkeep mod. 7% sounds better for VH difficulty. 15% is crushing.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 27, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So what does cold blooded logic actually do?

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Randler posted:

Ghorst-busters?

Nice.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
So far in my Dwarf campagin Vampire Counts have Dawn of the Dead-ed their way through Zhufbar and pretty much everything north of Silver Road is overrun with undead :stonk: Its definitely interesting how various races have new dynamics now that they can conquer anywhere.

Is there a list somewhere telling me each races habitable/hostile/uninhabitable climates?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Panfilo posted:

So far in my Dwarf campagin Vampire Counts have Dawn of the Dead-ed their way through Zhufbar and pretty much everything north of Silver Road is overrun with undead :stonk: Its definitely interesting how various races have new dynamics now that they can conquer anywhere.

Is there a list somewhere telling me each races habitable/hostile/uninhabitable climates?

Should be in your faction screen, you can access it by pushing the big button in the upper righthand corner of the ui on the campaign map

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Panfilo posted:

Sounds like my start.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Ammanas posted:

The start of the game is really slow because of the extreme cost of fielding multiple armies. The balance on VH is ridiculous.

Yeah the difficulty scaling sucks so bad

It's too easy but the penalties on higher diff are so lame

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

I love that the game has DLC uptake so high that CA does cool free poo poo like mortal empires

This game owns

All the crybabies that bitch about historical can suck a gently caress

Total Warhammer forever

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok so I think I just confederated the Cult of Pleasure at the wrong time, because Momrathi is nowhere to be found (either on the map or in the lord list). :smith:

Meanwhile, I control the entirety of Definitely Not North America, Archaon and friends has shown up (I just had six loving Chaos stacks spawn off the coast), Hexoatl and Lothern just declared war on me, and I still don't have enough cash to support the armies I do I have.

Game owns. :allears:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

oswald ownenstein posted:

Total Warhammer forever

Seriously. I thought I was done with this series since they they seemed to be content just making the same old poo poo with better graphics. Warhammer is the first TW game that feels like a real step forward since Rome or Empire.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Gonkish posted:

Ok so I think I just confederated the Cult of Pleasure at the wrong time, because Momrathi is nowhere to be found (either on the map or in the lord list). :smith:

Meanwhile, I control the entirety of Definitely Not North America, Archaon and friends has shown up (I just had six loving Chaos stacks spawn off the coast), Hexoatl and Lothern just declared war on me, and I still don't have enough cash to support the armies I do I have.

Game owns. :allears:

I believe one of the later updates fixed the bug that if you confederate with a faction when their LL is dead you can't recruit them. That and the reinforcement bug are two that just surprise me they didn't get fixed.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I got a feeling I should hold off on the mortal empire campaign until the next major patch that adds in all that the norsca patch did.

Did they give a ETA on when that might be? sometime next month?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Man I'm kinda sad how much they nerfed warp lightning cannons. They were disgusting and game breaking but so fun. Now they're pretty middling

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

This game owns

Total Warhammer forever

best thing CA ever did period

now I am going to start cool dinos campaign after putting tyrion on the home stretch for vortex victory, how the hell you guys get to finish campaigns so fast

a mortal empires game will take the whole next year for me at that rate

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

dead comedy forums posted:

a mortal empires game will take the whole next year for me at that rate

Turn times feel that way already

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ammanas posted:

Man I'm kinda sad how much they nerfed warp lightning cannons. They were disgusting and game breaking but so fun. Now they're pretty middling

You sure cause I have been testing them out and they are kind of ripping people apart.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Does ME have the treasure islands that your lords sail up to and smash the economy?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
another crash, well Wolfenstein unlocks in less than an hour so I have something to do while I wait for them to fix this

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Really couldn't be bothered with playing the Vortex Campaign on anything tougher than very hard, and thought I'd cheese Mortal Empires by playing Brettonians on legendary. It now takes 2000 chivalry to trigger the final battle, they messed with the income so I'm always poor and High Elves are basically psychotic. :saddowns:

The High Elves were always psychotic. :ssh: Some elves more than others.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I love that the game has DLC uptake so high that CA does cool free poo poo like mortal empires

This game owns

All the crybabies that bitch about historical can suck a gently caress

Total Warhammer forever
I think it is partially offset by the fact that a majority of the games that CA released, for years, were pretty lovely despite previously making pretty great games? So, when they released a good game or two the series of watery turds they had been making GBS threads out for years highlighted the fact the Warhammer games did not smell like poo poo.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Diogines posted:

I think it is partially offset by the fact that a majority of the games that CA released, for years, were pretty lovely despite previously making pretty great games? So, when they released a good game or two the series of watery turds they had been making GBS threads out for years highlighted the fact the Warhammer games did not smell like poo poo.

Shogun 2 and Attila were good :colbert:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

LordAbaddon posted:

Shogun 2 and Attila were good :colbert:
Shogun was not good, it was great.

However every single product they sold between that and Warhammer 1 was poo poo. Not only was the game they repackaged as Rome 2, three times, utter poo poo but they had really lovely DLC policies to boot.

So now that Warhammer 1 and 2 were both good games, they look even better when contrasted by the poo poo CA had released prior!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 27, 2017

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

My cav doesn't seem to chase fleeing units properly for some reason

Playing Wurrzag and when a unit goes to flee my boar riders just kinda hover behind them instead of doing charges

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Diogines posted:

Shogun was not good, it was great.

However every single product they sold between that and Warhammer 1 was poo poo. Not only was the game they repackaged as Rome 2, three times, utter poo poo but they had really lovely DLC policies to boot.

So now that Warhammer 1 and 2 were both good games, they look even better when contrasted by the poo poo CA had released prior!

But this implies Attila was bad which is wrong :colbert:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

It was bad.

It was also the third time they sold the same game and even then they had to sell it in pieces.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Man, my beloved Dwarfs feel really boring compared to the new races. If things don't start getting a bit more enjoyable by the time I'm actively making use of my gunpower stuff in a few turns I may have to switch to Dark Elves for a bit.

On the plus side the practice in the Lustria Thunderdome as Skrolk has helped me a ton in the badlands strategically because I'm expanding faster than ever.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Diogines posted:

It was bad.

It was also the third time they sold the same game and even then they had to sell it in pieces.

I thought Attila was sufficiently different from Rome 2, and a heckuva lot more fun. They kinda failed in making the Huns an existential threat, but managing the decline of the Roman Empire through invasion, faith, and to a much lesser extent climate change was a lot of fun.

As for TWII, does the "Diplomatic" trait for the high elves mean they're predisposed towards the Empire or something? Every faction on legendary is all set to sign a non-aggression pact and trade deal. gently caress if I can get half of the Empire or Bretonnian provinces to do that.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Panfilo posted:

If you want to see how the races stack up here's a chart that was posted on Reddit before the ME map was revealed.

tldr, almost everyone has around 3 good climates, 4 bad climates, and 3 poo poo climates. The big exceptions are Skaven who can take basically anything they want that isn't elfy and Norsca who look like they're probably going to use the same system they do in game 1.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Kind of old news for everyone, but man, turning those portrait pothole things off significantly improved my FPS. Skaven VS Orc battles were getting pretty harsh on my frames.

For Queeks start, you can kill the orcs in around six turns, then push south and conquer karak zorn. From there, the nearest pasture is literally Kroq Gar's capital city, because gently caress no rat hell start is complete without early game hell wars vs terrible lizard jerk. And Kroq Gar WILL come for you the moment you make contact with him. Getting a ruin grey seer early on to be able to bolt them repeatedly is probably a good idea, as are catapults and a globadier or two.

Hunt11 posted:

So what does cold blooded logic actually do?

lizardmen seem more likely to peace out after you kick their rear end once or twice. The flavor text implies they care less about relations than current power balance and things like that.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 27, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
So getting the 'Hates Undead' trait causes Fear vs Undead. But I thought Undead we immune to fear :psyduck:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Panfilo posted:

So getting the 'Hates Undead' trait causes Fear vs Undead. But I thought Undead we immune to fear :psyduck:

Tell that to Harry "the Hammer" Hammerstorm

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Might make you immune to undead fear?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Panfilo posted:

the power of your hatred is so strong that it disrupts the magical forces animating the bodies

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Panfilo posted:

What the undead really fear are contradictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Yeah Mortal Empires is good as hell. Malekith is great, darkshards are fantastic, cold one chariots are bonkers. Everybody hates me but my empire runs on hate, so it's all good.