Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/suntimes_sports/status/923707962257846272

only this team could find itself in this situation

Also, Niko has a camp?

lol

you're tearing me apart niko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i feel real comfortable saying that oladipo will regress and put up an extremely oladipo-like season. it's his destiny.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Away all Goats posted:

I forgot how good Blake Griffin is

Healthy Blake Griffin is a rare and beautiful bird (because his bones are hollow).

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

We got a crisp haul for Chris Paul. We haven’t lost to any of the teams we would beat last year

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

basketball is really good and im glad its back

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/suntimes_sports/status/923707962257846272

only this team could find itself in this situation

Also, Niko has a camp?

What the gently caress is the story behind this, are there any articles giving a substantive account?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boogie had 41 & 23 tonight with AD out

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

What the gently caress is the story behind this, are there any articles giving a substantive account?

Nothing more substantial than some vague reports/rumors about how Niko instigated it so the story has yet to be fully revealed. Bobby did say that he tried texting and calling Mirotic and got no response though

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/920434685175574529

Is about the only info. Scottie Pippen was on The Jump or something the day after and mentioned offhand these 2 had bad blood previous to this fight going back a while.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Media wasn't there so all you can go off of is the reporting from the players and the team officials.

Jokes aside, either no one likes Niko on that team or the FO has those players blackmailed or something. Because not a single drat player has even leaked as an anonymous source anything to dispute the "official account"

Literally no one is backing Niko on this. Which is weird as hell. Considering he's the better NBA player of the two. And they just gave him new paper.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Quote is no edit...

Other beat reporters said this was years in the making. It's just strange.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

the narrative doesn't work when you bring in facts

The vegas over under was Los 43.5

Blake Griffin's health was discussed but so was the health of every other player who' s been injured in recent times. There was a perception of a massive losss in guard play going from Paul to Beverly and Teodosic who's unfortunately now injured.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/sportsline-projections-how-the-chris-paul-trade-impacts-the-rockets-and-clippers/ Here's an article from a big website for you

quote:

Meanwhile, although the Clippers were able to get some good players back in return, the loss of Paul will obviously hurt them next season. Their win projection drops from 46 to 39.7, while their playoff chances dramatically drop from 79 to 28.3 percent. According to the data, the Clippers now have only a 0.01 percent chance of winning the NBA title.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/jodibaconbits/status/923790139473588224

*closes twitter, takes a deep sigh, stares out window, thinks of better times*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/jodibaconbits/status/923790139473588224

*closes twitter, takes a deep sigh, stares out window, thinks of better times*

Man Divac looking old

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That reminded me I saw Peja at G1C last season and holy hell I don't know how that guy articulates his joints.

Them suits are tight

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Yes hi hello I have been following this thread for a minute here, especially after I made The Decision to stop following the NFL and focus on my second love the NBA. I have been so not disappointed that I'm actually disappointed that I didn't stop caring so much about football years ago. Everything from twitter antics to Channing Frye drunk in an Uber to Adam Silver being a baller commissioner has got me pumped up. The only problem is that I'm a lifelong Lakers fan (blame my dad). The good thing is that in the age of the Internet I can watch all these cool and fun teams like the Milwaukee spider crabs play some good poo poo!

My only question is: will the Lakers find a competent front office anytime soon? I...uh...don't think that Magic's gonna do great things. I don't want to get used to my team being a debacle, not counting the past many seasons :negative: , is there hope?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
poo poo so many pages went by and,no,one made a Duran Duran joke about Zoux being on Lebon's dick.

Zoux, are you hungry like the wolf?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man Divac looking old

Not helped by the fact that Webber still looks 30

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Cool Buff Man posted:

Nothing more substantial than some vague reports/rumors about how Niko instigated it so the story has yet to be fully revealed. Bobby did say that he tried texting and calling Mirotic and got no response though

Considering the team, it is I'm sure all victim blaming. Seriously makes my blood boil that they are choosing loving Portis over Niko. Embarrassing.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

If they're smart they trade Niko and cut Bobby

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Holy poo poo boogie, 41 points 23 boards

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm glad Boogie dunked all over his old team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well niko has to know they can't trade him . Right ?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I imagine they could at least extract some value by trading Niko. What team is going to pony up anything at all for Portis?

E: not because of this incident, but because he sucks.

They both suck

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Divac was a geezer at 18 no wonder he looks old.
Peja looking good though.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

Because the way literally everyone from the team and beat reporters are talking about it, it sounds like Niko deserved the fade.

Maybe didn't deserve his face broken and concussed, but everything coming out from the Media(even those that are antagonistic to the the FO) have been reporting that Niko instigated it.

He just lost.
That's a really odd position to take. Regardless of whether Mirotic pushed him first and came at him, a KO punch to the face is a huge escalation and clearly very dangerous and Portis deserves a share of the blame for almost killing the guy. Also there remains the fact that Portis loving sucks and barely merits a roster spot. If this really is years in the making then they probably shouldn't have even brought both players back this season in the first place, and they definitely shouldn't be waiting around for ultimatums from Mirotic to figure out how to handle this.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 27, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's not an escalation if Mirotic used some specific words imho.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sure but there's been no indication of anything like that beyond people on the internet trying to speculate a motive even though there's already a motive (Mirotic shoving him and coming at him, years of hate)

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 27, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is the funniest breaking news I've seen in a long time.

verymoldy posted:

My only question is: will the Lakers find a competent front office anytime soon? I...uh...don't think that Magic's gonna do great things. I don't want to get used to my team being a debacle, not counting the past many seasons :negative: , is there hope?

Until recently, the Lakers were a well run organization. They were steadily collecting young assets that had clear paths to playing time, they had a couple bad contracts but they were all expiring right when they would be looking to sign FAs to make a push, and everyone seemed to be developing (barring injury). Even the Kobe farewell tour did its job in getting them a high draft pick and demonstrating to future players how the organization treats their players.

So there is hope they can get back to that. The Russell trade was pretty bad, but I don't think the Lonzo pick is all that apocryphal, he seems no more or less of a risk than other guys at that tier. Stuff like the KCP 1 year contract seems like it'll just hurt their draft position without getting into the playoffs, but whatever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They don't have a 2018 1 st rnd draft pick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Grizz got complacent last night and almost let one slip. Those games are the difference between a playoff spot or nah.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

It's not an escalation if Mirotic used some specific words imho.

Do you really think Portis would be trying to text/call him if he did or that it wouldn't have leaked by now?

:cmon:

edit:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

If they're smart they trade Niko and cut Bobby

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

They don't have a 2018 1 st rnd draft pick

Oh yeah, so ok. I still don't think it gets them anywhere and best case they win a few more games, worst case they block some playing time. But it's not a big deal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Signing KCP was imho clearly a favor to Lebron James and part of the wooing process of getting him to come to LAL.

I mean that's what it looks like to me .

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently people are calling C.J. Miles “C.J. Kilometres” now that he’s in Canada. Considering the google results for his real name he should change to this.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lol Milwaukee Spider Crabs

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is KG self conscious about his ear? What’s up with the hood

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

zelah posted:

Is KG self conscious about his ear? What’s up with the hood

He has like no body fat and is always cold?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I’m not asking why he has a hood on, I’m just asking about it only ever covering the one ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bencfalk/status/923927961153261568
ugh how do you coach defense when your players don't listen :smith:

• Locked thread