Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

McGiggins posted:

Seriously how is it being streamed and where, also when?

Likely being streamed on their YouTube channel and Twitch channel. it is scheduled to start in 50 minutes from this post.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/con-the-shitizens-live-broadcast-countdown-clock

Edit: Their Twitch channel says 3pm, so add another 30 minutes.

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Weird, I don't see any crate. :iiam:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Abuminable posted:

Edit: Their Twitch channel says 3pm, so add another 30 minutes.

I wonder if their tech crew is going to have their watches be an hour off like gamescom :allears:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

You decide how to make your way in the galaxy, whether you're a simple merchant trader, a fearsome pirate or a ruthless mercenary...and anything in-between.

There are currently no trading mechanics, no piracy mechanics (unless you count glitching through the cockpit glass to steal a sperg chariot) and no mercenary mechanics. There's also no galaxy.

quote:

Immense sandbox universe to explore

There are like two space stations and not even one complete star system. If it's not a galaxy it can't be a universe either.

quote:

Unmatched immersive detail

This is clearly bollocks. Star citizen is not that detailed and there are many other more complex games out there.

quote:

social and career-based MMORPG

There are no careers, no role playing beyond your own imagination and with a max of 24 players it's not massive in any way.

Literally 100% lies.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
so when does this shitshow start?
edit : nvm.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Well, I've spent my refunded money on a 1541 Ultimate II+ for my Commodore 128D.

http://www.1541ultimate.net/

I'm pretty sure I'll get a ton more enjoyable gameplay out of the complete Gamebase64 collection running on on real hardware than I'd ever get from Star Citizen. ;)

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I wonder if their tech crew is going to have their watches be an hour off like gamescom :allears:

Certainly so... that way we get to enjoy an impromtu pre-show with Lando, Tyler, and the world's most unhappy dev, Brian Chambers.

From Twitch chat:

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 27, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Radiant AI, BUT BETTER.

Oh. My. God.

Is he for real?!? :negative:

These are the things that are going to definitely put him in jail over this project. Wow.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mu77ley posted:

Well, I've spent my refunded money on a 1541 Ultimate II+ for my Commodore 128D.

http://www.1541ultimate.net/

I'm pretty sure I'll get a ton more enjoyable gameplay out of the complete Gamebase64 collection running on on real hardware than I'd ever get from Star Citizen. ;)

You fool!
You can't even mop with that!

(dead jealous)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody ever went to jail for overpromising on their video games otherwise Molyneux would have been on death row for like 20 years at this point.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

Oh. My. God.

Is he for real?!? :negative:

These are the things that are going to definitely put him in jail over this project. Wow.

If game devs got sent to jail for overblown claims they'd have to build an entire jail just for them.

Maybe you could share a cell with Molyneux.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nobody ever went to jail for overpromising on their video games otherwise Molyneux would have been on death row for like 20 years at this point.

Peters game may not have lived up to the hypebut they were released videogames

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t argue with Derek he is always right.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wavesofneon: Guys all these SHIP companies and component manufacturers are basically CYBER PUNK MEGA CORPS... I hope they add Cyber Punk infiltration and corporate espionage / sabotage gameplay with Cybernetic augments and wicked cool shade aesthetics in the verse :D

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
How good are the Xi"tians at math????

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59654/intel-launches-next-gen-optane-ssd-900p/index.html

Intel has teamed up with RSI for the 900P launch. When you purchase an Intel Optane 900P Series SSD you will receive a free license for Star Citizen.

Also included with the bundle is an exclusive digital Star Citizen spaceship called the "Sabre Raven".

The "Saber Raven" pictured above is exclusive for Optane SSD 900P owners.

lmbo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So the shitshow starts at 9AM EST? It's a full day thing, right? Or is this the "keynote"?

BloodyScab posted:

How good are the Xi"tians at math????

They punch above their weight.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Ramadu posted:

wavesofneon: Guys all these SHIP companies and component manufacturers are basically CYBER PUNK MEGA CORPS... I hope they add Cyber Punk infiltration and corporate espionage / sabotage gameplay with Cybernetic augments and wicked cool shade aesthetics in the verse :D

Me, too, man. Me too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

pre-citizen con lols already going well

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59654/intel-launches-next-gen-optane-ssd-900p/index.html

Intel has teamed up with RSI for the 900P launch. When you purchase an Intel Optane 900P Series SSD you will receive a free license for Star Citizen.

Also included with the bundle is an exclusive digital Star Citizen spaceship called the "Sabre Raven".

LOL!! Yeah, it's another one of the marketing bundling deals like they did with Saitek, nVidia etc.

----------------

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

stream for people. the chat is kinda insane.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So the shitshow starts at 9AM EST? It's a full day thing, right? Or is this the "keynote"?

They punch above their weight.

Opening is at 9am EST, keynote is at 3pm EST

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

If game devs got sent to jail for overblown claims they'd have to build an entire jail just for them.

Maybe you could share a cell with Molyneux.

Of course I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the promises made to backers in exchange for money.

You DO realize that the standards are DIFFERENT, right? You have probably not been keeping up like most of us, but every single crowd-funded project that the FTC and State DA and AG went after, were over PROMISES made.

sheesh

----------------

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Moderator MammonLord: wavesofneon what you're writing is interesting but this is not the place. Make a fan fiction thread on Spectrum

lmao

wavesofneon: MammonLord by the GODS Man... that what they want you to bELIEVE!! This is no fiction.. IT is the Absolute TRUTH. AEGIS DYNAMICS is an EVIL DIABOLICAL MEGA CORP in the UEE!!! OPen Your EYES maAAAAAAN!!!!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

They blew their budget on smoke and mirrors.

So, gas and rear-view mirrors for Chris's Porsche?

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

radd posted:

I've heard that the Pioneer can fabricate massive habitats for fruit orchards, and create extremely large bowls and ladles capable of distributing tonnes and tonnes of liquid.

So you can serve punch above your weight.

:golfclap:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

t minus 10 minutes yeehaw

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Daztek posted:

I've heard of value-adds, but value-substracts? Well done!

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Ramadu posted:

Moderator MammonLord: wavesofneon what you're writing is interesting but this is not the place. Make a fan fiction thread on Spectrum

lmao

wavesofneon: MammonLord by the GODS Man... that what they want you to bELIEVE!! This is no fiction.. IT is the Absolute TRUTH. AEGIS DYNAMICS is an EVIL DIABOLICAL MEGA CORP in the UEE!!! OPen Your EYES maAAAAAAN!!!!

Someone should just copy a line from the stimpire the whole stream

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Ramadu posted:

Holy lol if they actually start on time

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ramadu posted:

MammonLord by the GODS Man... that what they want you to bELIEVE!! This is no fiction.. IT is the Absolute TRUTH. AEGIS DYNAMICS is an EVIL DIABOLICAL MEGA CORP in the UEE!!! OPen Your EYES maAAAAAAN!!!!

:same:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

----------------

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ramadu posted:

I love the confusion on when this thing is supposed to start.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I wonder how long Intel will honor refunds for selling an incomplete package of goods.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BloodyScab posted:

I was going to suggest they might, then I saw that Chris is doing the opening presentation so no worries there.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

BloodyScab posted:

34 minutes.... top of the hour. They unceremoniously pushed the time back 30 minutes.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

I love the confusion on when this thing is supposed to start.

What time zone does the UEE use in 2947, and are even still based on Earth-solar longitude calculations?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

Of course I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the promises made to backers in exchange for money.

You DO realize that the standards are DIFFERENT, right? You have probably not been keeping up like most of us, but every single crowd-funded project that the FTC and State DA and AG went after, were over PROMISES made.

sheesh

Foolishly, I assumed you were commenting on the thing you quoted, which just shows crobber talking about all the things their AI will never do. This is bullshit but it's hardly unprecedented. Nobody from Bethesda got sent to jail because someone pre-ordered Oblivion and was disappointed in the Radiant AI.

I'm afraid it's hard to imagine a scenario where Crobber winds up in the clink due to Star Citizen. That would take a pretty serious level of wrong-doing, and being an incompetent boob with an uncontrollable urge to spout ~~dreams~~ does not make someone a criminal.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Is it finally here? I love Christmas in October!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

"how each of us can be a part of it"

Hey CIG try not to sound too much like a cult yeah? You don't want to give it away for the small percentage of marks remaining who aren't completely brain damaged.