Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow it's been a while since I saw a semantics argument about whether piracy equals theft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is there anyone that wouldn't download a car if you could?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow it's been a while since I saw a semantics argument about whether piracy equals theft

heres a hint: it doesnt

it does amaze me that such a left leaning forum is still so uptight about piracy tho

although this is the forum where people will regularly buy every single version of a game for every system so i shouldnt be surprised

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I have finished Umineko.
This is a wonderful Visual Novel and truly one of the best stories I have had the pleasure of experiencing.
Magic is real

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

In the next Shadow of Mordor game Tallion bankrupts Sauron's army by possessing his top orc lieutenants to waste all their money on microtransactions and preorder bonuses.

Middle-Earth: Tark's Oddysee

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

babypolis posted:

heres a hint: it doesnt

it does amaze me that such a left leaning forum is still so uptight about piracy tho

although this is the forum where people will regularly buy every single version of a game for every system so i shouldnt be surprised

Piracy doesn't = theft but you still shouldn't do it if you can actually afford the game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it's difficult to compare price points between consoles and pcs because while you're paying more up front the hardware you're paying for is generally better and will therefore make up for it in terms of lifetime usability, and once built can be upgraded piecemeal over time instead having to be built from scratch. plus you're not rebuying stuff like harddrives, monitors, and new ports of old games every time you build a new computer

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i think it's difficult to compare price points between consoles and pcs because while you're paying more up front the hardware you're paying for is generally better and will therefore make up for it in terms of lifetime usability, and once built can be upgraded piecemeal over time instead having to be built from scratch. plus you're not rebuying stuff like harddrives, monitors, and new ports of old games every time you build a new computer

dont forget having access to basically every single game ever made

CJacobs posted:

Piracy doesn't = theft but you still shouldn't do it if you can actually afford the game

ill pay for games when I can afford it, specially indie stuff.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

babypolis posted:

those things dont contradict each other tho? you can be a leftie and not a criminal at the same time

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Finished drinking my coffee and now I feel extremely paranoid hell yeah

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

those things dont contradict each other tho? you can be a leftie and not a criminal at the same time

lol

lefties, known for their love of cops and snitches and paying a market determined price for things

i dont think digital piracy is even illegal here

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

babypolis posted:

dont forget having access to basically every single game ever made

that's another tricky wicket though because there's certainly plenty of games never ported to pc that also can't be emulated well either

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if ps4 emulators exist please let me know now because i need me some bloodborne pc

al-azad
May 28, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

there IS a modern-day person goin inna memory machine thing again for some reason, though literally the only thing i've seen real world lady do so far is take some pills and get back into the machine so who the gently caress knows what's up with her.

also they changed the combat finally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-kRJ02jM8

might have to get a AssCreed game in 2017.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

if ps4 emulators exist please let me know now because i need me some bloodborne pc

They're getting there with demons souls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't see how emulating a PS3 game has anything to do with PS4 games

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

that's another tricky wicket though because there's certainly plenty of games never ported to pc that also can't be emulated well either

if we assume an infinite period time then every game will eventually be on pc because emulators get better and games get ported. just wait for the pc singularity

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Okay now riddle me this who writes laws

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean to say that they're just now getting there with demons souls. Meaning ps4 games are a long way out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Looper posted:

Okay now riddle me this who writes laws

Major corporations?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Well at least for me personally there was a huge drop in interest as I grew up and programs changed.

I mean I'll be honest, the channel I watched the most as a kid was Animal Planet. I would watch documentaries and similar programs on that channel all the time because i loved learning new things about animals. But as reality TV shows became more prevalent on other networks, Animal Planet stopped showing that stuff. Nowadays almost almost all their shows are just following the daily lives of humans with some extremely tenuous connection to animals. The more I started to see stuff like that the less I watched.

Maybe there are some other channels out there that would suit my desires, but I can just find all that stuff on the internet now so why bother looking.

Oooh, I get where you're coming from now. That does really suck, yeah :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean to say that they're just now getting there with demons souls. Meaning ps4 games are a long way out.

yeah, that was my understanding

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

babypolis posted:

if we assume an infinite period time then every game will eventually be on pc because emulators get better and games get ported. just wait for the pc singularity

if we assume an infinite period of time we can do lots of things

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

if we assume an infinite period of time we can do lots of things

like die

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Andrast posted:

like die

thank god

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sefal posted:

I have finished Umineko.
This is a wonderful Visual Novel and truly one of the best stories I have had the pleasure of experiencing.
Magic is real
The other choice is pretty great too though.

I had to stew on EP8 for a good while (a lot of people seemed somewhat disappointed at it upon release), but I've really come to appreciate/understand it as time has gone on. Essentially coming to terms with what the story/mystery was truly trying to get after in terms of character arcs and its overall meta nature.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

it's f-f-f-friday mothafuckas, and I am ready for my Splatwon machine to become a Smodyssey machine

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm subhuman filth irl, a leech, a bottomfeeder, a parasite. I just want people above me to be good to each other/be good by each other cause the world is rough and tough and sometimes when a person has had enough I want them to know that someone out there wants them to keep on truckin, that there's someone out there who believes in them. I've been described as a sponge. I do well with soaking up the bad vibes from people so that they can focus on more important things.

real talk FAK you're the only good thing about these threads sometimes

and not just for the gratuitous shot of Jojo's well-defined senior citizen rear end

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 27, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

raditts posted:

Smodyssey

:catstare:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Will I be lost if I didn't play Smiliad first?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Please support good indie games by buying them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Olive! posted:

Please support good indie games by buying them.

Please give me money so I can buy indie games, tia

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

real talk FAK you're the only good thing about these threads sometimes

and not just for the gratuitous shot of Jojo's well-defined senior citizen rear end

yeah I hate to display actual human feelings here but you are a nice person FAK and that is good and cool

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

pretend I also said something humorously hyperbolic and/or posted a semi-relevant YouTube video in that post thanks in advance

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Will I be lost if I didn't play Smiliad first?

No, but personally I always preferred Smaeneid to either of them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stop it stop this

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've 100%ed both the poetic and prose Smeddas

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

:mario:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Do I unlock exclusionary goods at the Silver or Gold preorder tier, or does that just come with the season pass?

I am only semi good with names/pictures but I think you are the goon who will care about this:

They just announced an expansion for Shadow of War which includes a lady elf assassin archer who will become an unlockable skin for the main game. So come Feb 2018, your strict ‘can I play as a girl with a bow’ criteria will be met in SoW.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Olive! posted:

I've 100%ed both the poetic and prose Smeddas

Smulysses

"I was a Flower of the fire yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Toadstool girls used or shall I wear a pink yes and how he kissed me under the Koopa wall and I thought well as well him as another… then he asked me would I yes to say yes my fire flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all peach yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Smachilied would have been my favorite. Shame that the dude making it died before he could finish it.

• Locked thread