Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

AlternateNu posted:

What they don't show you in Gen VI was that Celebi was the cause of the Pokemon war that cause Flabebe to nuke itself.
Celebi thought it was really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Eox posted:

It's either this or Celebi is just hoping that the next leap will be the leap home.

Come to think of it, what happens to a trainers pokemon when the trainer dies? Are they released, given to next of kin or appropriated by the poke government?

an old dude died in Su Mo and his Machamp didn't want to go back into the pokeball so now he carries her places after he threw the pokeball away.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I feel like there have been multiple episodes of the show where someone had "their grandpa's _____" or whatever, I would assume if the Pokemon also knew other family members and was treated well it'd just stick around

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I feel like there have been multiple episodes of the show where someone had "their grandpa's _____" or whatever, I would assume if the Pokemon also knew other family members and was treated well it'd just stick around
In the Eeveelution quest in Sumo a little girl has her dead grandma's pokemon, so yeah.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I remember an old episode of the anime, like Orange Islands arc, where the Ghost types that belonged to a ship captain were staying on the sunken ship.
But, that's also Ghost types, so that's generally a different story anyways.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Does this presuppose that Celebi is really stupid and keeps dropping levels or what.

Celebi had gained so many levels, he wanted to retire. He took me to his cabin and he told me his secret. 'I am not Celebi' he said. 'My name is Mimikyu; I inherited the ship from the previous Celebi, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from is not the real Celebi either. His name was Ditto. The real Celebi has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.'

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just received word from Uncle Nintendo that the Switch game is going to be Total War: Kanto

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hustlin Floh posted:

Just received word from Uncle Nintendo that the Switch game is going to be Total War: Kanto

Honestly I wish they’d just remake Pokemon Conquest but include all the ‘mons and a fuckhuge map. It’d be fun.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Russad posted:

Celebi had gained so many levels, he wanted to retire. He took me to his cabin and he told me his secret. 'I am not Celebi' he said. 'My name is Mimikyu; I inherited the ship from the previous Celebi, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from is not the real Celebi either. His name was Ditto. The real Celebi has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.'

OTOH: I would totally surrender to the Dread Pirate Mimikyu. SURRENDER TO FRIENDSHIP

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VanSandman posted:

Honestly I wish they’d just remake Pokemon Conquest but include all the ‘mons and a fuckhuge map. It’d be fun.

No, it wouldn't. What Conquest needs is an actual sequel that fixes its problems. It had something there that could become a great game, but it needed fixes.

Now, a Conquest sequel with actual movesets, less micromanagement, a bit less focus on dumb map gimmicks, removing the dumb restriction on transforming your Warlords only in the postgame and having a postgame that isn't awful, repetitive and constantly resets you? That'd be great. I'd buy it.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I don't know. I felt like the "postgame" was something that really should not have been a postgame, but rather different scenarios that you could pick from the start..

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nth Doctor posted:

OTOH: I would totally surrender to the Dread Pirate Mimikyu. SURRENDER TO FRIENDSHIP

Mimikyu is cool and my friend and we are going to be pirate buds.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, it wouldn't. What Conquest needs is an actual sequel that fixes its problems. It had something there that could become a great game, but it needed fixes.

Now, a Conquest sequel with actual movesets, less micromanagement, a bit less focus on dumb map gimmicks, removing the dumb restriction on transforming your Warlords only in the postgame and having a postgame that isn't awful, repetitive and constantly resets you? That'd be great. I'd buy it.

Amen to that :negative:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Playing through Moon, got to the third island. I think I have a pretty good team: Incineroar, Mareanie (soon Toxapex), Ribomblee, Pikachu (will evolve to Raichu when I get thunderbolt), Lucario, and Sandygast (soon Palossand). I have Toucannon and Petilil in storage for grass and flying. Is there a good rock type, or is rock not really needed?

I know the game is easy, but goddamn if I'm not gonna min-max the poo poo out of this.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

seiferguy posted:

Is there a good rock type

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Is there a good rock type

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Minior owns. Failing that alola golem is cool as hell, rockruff kind of sucks but has a good design.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, I like lycanroc but it doesn't really have the stats/movepool to justify it's existence. Outside of the edge case of no-guard stone edge.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Midday Lycanroc is pretty decent. Great speed, good attack and it has Accelrock which is kinda neat?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Minior is a cool dude.

Alright guys, GameStop has not yet unfucked thier logistics problem but they've sent stores backup barcodes to print Silvally codes to make up for it.

I have FIVE extras. Wanna get one? Post a haiku about your favorite Gen VII pokemon.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
mimikyu is nice
he wants a friend forever
look beneath the cloth

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nth Doctor posted:

Minior is a cool dude.

Alright guys, GameStop has not yet unfucked thier logistics problem but they've sent stores backup barcodes to print Silvally codes to make up for it.

I have FIVE extras. Wanna get one? Post a haiku about your favorite Gen VII pokemon.

Wishi is Washy
School will gently caress you up now
The Totem is big

poo poo I'm not even sure if this is actually 5-7-5 and it sucks but I can't write haikus to save my life.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Nice, I'm right at where Minior is at. I'll need to snag a Golem as well.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

The best since Gen 1
Now has my favorite type
Alola Raichu

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Decidueye died
Then went goth with a hoodie
drat creepy ghost owl

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've been denied
All the best
Ultra pets

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't need a Silvally, I just want to write this.

Magearna was first
sentient AZ weapon
robots are awesome

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super late for this, but:

My uncle told me
you can marry Plumeria
in U S U M

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nth Doctor posted:

Minior is a cool dude.

Minior flies high
Paradise stretches below
The hidden star sees.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Also late but seems fun:

The Rock Poison type
Let's go fuse with Lusamine
drat Nihilego

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Hustlin Floh posted:

sold

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Eox posted:

I've been denied
All the best
Ultra pets

Get out of my head. This line (the actual one, haha) was stuck in my head all last night and I don't even remember what song it's from.

Also imo Rock is like Ice in the sense that you should always have a couple rock/ice moves on your team 'cause they're great attacking types, but a rock or ice type Pokemon is often a liability.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The midst of autumn
Antlers grow cherry blossoms
Animal veggie

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Eox posted:

I've been denied
All the best
Ultra pets

Diet Poison posted:

Get out of my head. This line (the actual one, haha) was stuck in my head all last night and I don't even remember what song it's from.

It's Mindless Self Indulgence, but I can't remember the song title.

I like Mimikyu
Someone did it already
Too bad, still my friend

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurieg posted:

Decidueye died
Then went goth with a hoodie
drat creepy ghost owl

Nah, it’s just grown from obnoxious teenager to somewhat less annoying new age hippie.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wishi is Washy
School will gently caress you up now
The Totem is big

poo poo I'm not even sure if this is actually 5-7-5 and it sucks but I can't write haikus to save my life.

You're one syllable short in line 2. I'll give you a chance to resubmit.

Pentaro posted:

Super late for this, but:

My uncle told me
you can marry Plumeria
in U S U M

Not about a pokemon bruh

Eox, Mef989, Kurieg, ZenMasterBullshit: check your PMs shortly.

Edit: ZenMasterBullshit you don't have PMs. How do you want to handle this?

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 27, 2017

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Accidental double post.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/923777147638046722

Ohmori has said not to miss this news info, so it's gonna be big.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nth Doctor posted:

You're one syllable short in line 2. I'll give you a chance to resubmit.

Wishi is Washy
School will gently caress you up today
The Totem is big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Not gen VII but I wanted to join in:

Garchomp is the best
He is my lovely shark friend
I bought him a scarf