Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is Kerillian's 1h sword like Krubers because I like his

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The normal attack is mostly the same, but the charge attack is an overhead that hits 1 target for high damage instead of infinite targets. Like all of the elf vs solder melee weapons, it's worse at CC and better at damage

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

StashAugustine posted:

Is Kerillian's 1h sword like Krubers because I like his

It's more like a variation on the rapier.

E: It's good tho, I like it. I like all Kerillian's weapons.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Willie Tomg posted:

RIP killing blow and trueflight. Red sword and dagger plus a hail of doom trueflight spam was the only way I could stomach playing *spits* Kerillian. It was cool while it lasted I guess.

i dig doing swift bow spam, though i'm a little concerned if they went ahead and nerfed the "free ammo when Haste activates" thing

also can't say no to a bit o' backstabbery and filling the game audio with squishy noises

wish she looked less like a goddamn rat though

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Night10194 posted:

It's more like a variation on the rapier.

E: It's good tho, I like it. I like all Kerillian's weapons.

I was going to say that it's like the dwarf/soldier 1h mace basically. It's a 3 hit combo with the last hit being single target, and the charge attack is a high damage overhead chop that is pretty good at wrecking storms. It's a bit faster than the 1h hammer too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

duckfarts posted:

i dig doing swift bow spam, though i'm a little concerned if they went ahead and nerfed the "free ammo when Haste activates" thing

also can't say no to a bit o' backstabbery and filling the game audio with squishy noises

wish she looked less like a goddamn rat though

I think bows should be unaffected, since it still gives you free reloads and bows reload every shot?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kill all elves

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Furry shoulders

Hunched gait

Cannot comprehend civilization

Coincidence? Or rat?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Honestly if the elf was just a confused rat trying to be accepted by this ragtag group of rat hunters, that would probably be more endearing than what we actually got.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
See how man-things do without bow, yes yes. Ingrates.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Mendrian posted:

Honestly if the elf was just a confused rat trying to be accepted by this ragtag group of rat hunters, that would probably be more endearing than what we actually got.

I'm still waiting for Thanquol's assistant as legit-human-child as a party member.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mendrian posted:

Vermintide: Your posts smell of ignorance

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Is the volley crossbow good fro things other than mulching roger?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

It's fun

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

It's good, if inefficient, at killing Stormvermin.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it can gut an approaching swarm just fine in alt fire mode; my record is 9 rats in one shot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Damage is the same as the brace of pistols. So it's an ok run and gun weapon. Not as good as the others imo since it's not hitscan and has to reload and I mainly save it for ripping roger apart anyway, but it still gets the job done

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also I really like Kurbers' 1h sword (on nightmare) but the weird shove cancel on Kerillians keeps throwing me off

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Final boss Wulfrik the Wanderer would have the best dialogue possible but sadly I really doubt they'd do it.

Wulfrik's thing is he's been blessed by the chaos gods to be able to perfectly insult anyone in any language and insult them so hard it works them into a murderous frenzy. Sadly he'd probably kill all the party without breaking a sweat and they don't really like using named lore characters.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There's one of his insults in the loading screens of Total War: Warhammer and it's pretty good.

Edit: Found it.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 27, 2017

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

He's got magic powers, he should use them to insult the players. Tell them to go back to college, move out of their mom's basement, take up a real sport like Hockey instead of curling.

And then just have the characters very very confused responses.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Just picked that back up after a spell (and purchased the stormy town dlc, though there was no one playing it. :(
How do I soldier well, by the way? I run a mace and shield + rifle and it feels so useless. Maybe I should go back to using the shotgun equivalent?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Use the sword and shield instead, it can charge attack three times as fast so you can CC an entire wave with it. Every other option will give you better damage in one way or another in exchange for worse CC.

The handgun and repeater handgun are always good options.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Cheers. I just saw there is a sequel in the work? Nifty. I also saw mention of a dedicated discord, someone mind hooking a brother up?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Iceclaw posted:

Cheers. I just saw there is a sequel in the work? Nifty. I also saw mention of a dedicated discord, someone mind hooking a brother up?

Temporary link is https://discord.gg/KCeRPb

I haven't had a chance to play much because my PC runs it a little chunky and also I'm in a weird timezone and last time I tried to play people weren't really around and I've got TOO MUCH other poo poo going on.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Polyseme posted:

I'm still waiting for Thanquol's assistant as legit-human-child as a party member.

realtalk, i could see an eshin assassin as a character whose shtick is thinking the current skaven/chaos plan to Literally Blow Up The Planet And Kill All Life is dumb because, y'know, he's on the planet, and working with the crew to assist them

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Just picked that back up after a spell (and purchased the stormy town dlc, though there was no one playing it. :(
How do I soldier well, by the way? I run a mace and shield + rifle and it feels so useless. Maybe I should go back to using the shotgun equivalent?

Not a huge fan of empire shotgun since he's got so many ways of dealing with hordes in melee. The handgun is a sniper rifle that will one-shot pretty much any special with a bodyshot and stormvermin with a headshot (on nm/cata) but isn't great otherwise, the repeater isn't quite as effective at special killing (less accurate, takes a couple shots to down stormvermin) and has less ammo, but is great against ogres and pretty good against hordes (on nightmare at least, where it still one-shots clanrats)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with a couple decent traits all you have to do with the repeater handgun is roll up a barrage and aim at roughly head level and you can easily decimate a battalion of stormvermin

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tbh I think they overtuned it. They made it less good as a run and gun weapon but better at basically everything else. The handgun is the best in the game at doing one thing and garbage at everything else. The repeater handgun is really good at doing that one thing and also decent to great at everything else. I would have left it where it was after 1.5, and even before that it was worth using (just not the alt fire)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Digirat posted:

Tbh I think they overtuned it. They made it less good as a run and gun weapon but better at basically everything else. The handgun is the best in the game at doing one thing and garbage at everything else. The repeater handgun is really good at doing that one thing and also decent to great at everything else. I would have left it where it was after 1.5, and even before that it was worth using (just not the alt fire)

My impression as well. The handgun is fine for sniping out specials, but as a shield using man, I am seldom in a position to use it, and there is usually one of the more range based characters around. The repeater is great at thining hordes and can kill specials decently well.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

President Ark posted:

realtalk, i could see an eshin assassin as a character whose shtick is thinking the current skaven/chaos plan to Literally Blow Up The Planet And Kill All Life is dumb because, y'know, he's on the planet, and working with the crew to assist them

Either that, or a Norscan who's all down for raiding and pillaging in the name of the Four, but isn't too keen on warp nuking anywhere and everywhere he can actually do that.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Digirat posted:

Use the sword and shield instead, it can charge attack three times as fast so you can CC an entire wave with it. Every other option will give you better damage in one way or another in exchange for worse CC.

The handgun and repeater handgun are always good options.

eh, mace and shield is good for knocking rats around and staggering them without having to charge attack also since it hits all rats instead of 2 max, though it is kinda terrible for actually killing them quickly. i find that any shield and [weapon] combo is always gonna be more of a support role than a pro-murderer one

for marcus, i'm a fan of 2-handed sword + repeater handgun so you can handle both hordes and specials. i used to use handgun because it loving destroys everything, but on harder difficulties, you have to get a headshot on stormvermin, which is kinda hard when they're already angry and moving around. i find that 4 quick shots with the repeater are a lot more convenient, and ammo/reloads are easier to deal with

also, the repeater handgun loving destroys ogres fast

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Yup. It's like playing the Heavy in TF2, but with more fancy clothes. Thanks to the goons who carried my rear end last night by the way. A+ will slay vermins again.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
For the Soldier, I like the mace without the shield better than with. Your fast attacks are still wide swipes that do good for crowd control, but IIRC your charge attack is instead changed to an overhead swing that's pretty good at popping stormvermin. Add to that the +block move speed and effective dodging you get for the single one handed weapons.

Of all the weapon and shield combos, I honestly think the Dwarf Axe+Shield is best since you get the crowd control effect of the charge attack and +devblow pushes, but the axe chops kill clanrats in one hit on Nightmare and is really good at chopping up stormvermin too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The S&S hits 3 rats per normal attack which actually works great with the 10% regrowth normal it can get, and the charge attack comes out so fast that you can put one out in the time it takes to swing the mace from the M&S once. Then its charge attack is three times as fast, letting it trivially control an infinite number of rats as long as you have gathered them in front of you (this is why I harp on the importance of choke points so much) so there is really no reason to use the M&S. The hammer and shield is a reskin of the M&S and also has no purpose, since it competes with the axe and shield which has charge attacks just as fast as the S&S but also a high damage armor piercing normal attack, easily making it the best shield.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Imagine if those slayer double axes in vermin2de each hit as hard as the one handed axe, but two hits per swing...

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Digirat posted:

Imagine if those slayer double axes in vermin2de each hit as hard as the one handed axe, but two hits per swing...

They'll probably work more like the elf's dual swords.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

White Coke posted:

They'll probably work more like the elf's dual swords.

That's a grudgin'

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I haven't really played since before the contracts board became a thing. Is there a good up-to-date overview which traits are good for which weapons, and which weapons are now considered to be the best for each class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Hannibal Rex posted:

I haven't really played since before the contracts board became a thing. Is there a good up-to-date overview which traits are good for which weapons, and which weapons are now considered to be the best for each class?

Due to some really remarkable balance work, basically all weapons are good and competitive now. As for which traits are good for which weapons, that's a giant effort post and will often come down to personal preference as well. Bloodlust is good for basically everything. Did you have a particular weapon you were curious about?

• Locked thread