Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

CJacobs posted:

There are a couple segments in Max Payne 3 where you fight enemies wearing bomb suits, which have full riot helmets and all that you can't shoot off. The solution? Shoot them in their head a thousand times, or feel like a real badass by pulling off a single precision shot on their completely exposed neck. It also helps that the shooting in Max Payne 3 feels fantastic.

MGSV does a pretty good job of respecting the headshot = death/sleep rule with armor and them some penetration numbers you can make go up to shoot through the armor. Helmets fly off with the first sniper shot and then the head dies with the second. If you are fast you can hit them in the face/crotch depending on armor. The weird outcome of this is that Quiet who is canonically the best sniper of all time can’t work out how/when to not shoot people in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

doingitwrong posted:

They just announced an expansion for Shadow of War which includes a lady elf assassin archer who will become an unlockable skin for the main game. So come Feb 2018, your strict ‘can I play as a girl with a bow’ criteria will be met in SoW.

I just wanna play around as Celebrimbor again. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

I'd argue that it would have been a lot better for that second boss to let us just shoot him in the head, because what he gets is a whole loving lot worse.

Very true. I really love that Max's personal point of view is so hosed at that point that shooting him to put him out of his misery after is the wrong thing to do for Max as a character.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/923857979186626560

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kojima has taken his side in the great Wolfencreedessy war of 10/27.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Kojima, for whatever reason, has always been a big asscreed fan.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

As far as statues on stupid editions go that actually looks good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Kojima has taken his side in the great Wolfencreedessy war of 10/27.

so has wolfenstein and the side they chose may surprise you (click here for more)
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923957470359425024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

so has wolfenstein and the side they chose may surprise you (click here for more)
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923957470359425024

The joke in that picture is actually really really funny if you've finished Wolfenstein.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BJ and Mario would be good friends, I think.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the 2018 crossover Mario + Wolfenstein was controversial although ultimately successful

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

the 2018 crossover Mario + Wolfenstein was controversial although ultimately successful

Just reskin Mario X-COM with Nazis instead of Rabbids. Boom.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Just reskin Mario X-COM with Nazis instead of Rabbids. Boom.

I don't think I want Nazi Luigi as a party member

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

BJ and Mario would be good friends, I think.

"Thanks for inviting me to Smash Bros. Super Mario. Hey who are those newcomers?"

quote:

In October of 1943, Nintendo released a Backgammon board intended for kids that featured several images that promoted Japan's involvement in the war. All of the images were of different types of animals dressed up as soldiers. Perhaps the most interesting image is of a bunny rabbit and a turtle waving the Japanese flag on a gun with torn up American and British flags laying down at the bottom of the hill they're standing on.

Mario, "Uhhhh..."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

I don't think I want Nazi Luigi as a party member

But people love Waluigi.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mario & BJ At The 1936 Olympic Games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mario & BJ At Brazzers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You know, I never really thought about it but do they explain what happened to the other Axis powers in Wolfenstein

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

Mario & BJ At Brazzers

An alternate universe where the Axis Powers win and the company's Love Hotel venture becomes a hit that spreads throughout the world.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Rabbids are actually on the side of freedom.

XCOM2 starts with the freedom fighters blowing up a giant statue of an alien erected by the alien overlords.
Mario + Rabbids starts with the Rabbids blowing up a giant statue of Princess Peach erected by Princess Peach

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I never really thought about it but do they explain what happened to the other Axis powers in Wolfenstein

I think they installed a puppet emperor in Japan and invaded Italy though I barely remember tno so I may be wrong.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mario Odyssey is real good

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Heat Signature is doing an event for Space Halloween where if you die in your character turns into a living skeleton and also when a mission mentions that a ship is manned by a "skeleton crew" it is both figurative and literal now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Heat Signature is doing an event for Space Halloween where if you die in your character turns into a living skeleton and also when a mission mentions that a ship is manned by a "skeleton crew" it is both figurative and literal now.

So what you're saying is it's the greatest game ever made (after Mega Man X).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man x is not even the greatest mega man game. face me, chumbler

but also that space halloween thing sounds amazing

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The X series is so weird in that overall I think it's mostly terrible or at least forgettable but it also features what I, too, would call the best overall game in the franchise in Mega Man X.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

for me it's all pretty close between mega man 2, 3, and x1 as the best megaman. i have no strong feelings between the three but it's definitely one of them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best game is The Adventures of Tronne Bonne

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Though speaking of Mega Man, I need to get back to Rosenkreutzstilette or however it's spelled, which is literally classic Mega Man.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shovel Knight is the best Megaman

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's not very megaman though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

shovel knight is the best ducktales game you dingaling

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A huge article about the eventual closure of Visceral and their Star Wars game.

This is my favorite part:

quote:

Two former Visceral staff recall EA looking at Ragtag and asking where Chewbacca was. “EA would get obsessed with market research and start asking people what’s important to them about Star Wars,” said a former staff member. “You’d get, ‘Oh, the Force, lightsabers, the usual Jedi continuum.’ They’re hyper focused on that stuff, and it’d be a topic of conversation in every pitch meeting.”

"Where's Chewbacca?"

"Sir this is a game about Ewok reproduction there's no role for Chew-"

"WHERE. IS. CHEWBACCA?"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man zero 3 and 4 are very different from regular mega man but i'd say have the strongest design overall. x feels too stiff to me and i'm still not hot on the boss design, but i can replay zero 3 and 4 pretty much forever

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Colonel posted:

mega man zero 3 and 4 are very different from regular mega man but i'd say have the strongest design overall. x feels too stiff to me and i'm still not hot on the boss design, but i can replay zero 3 and 4 pretty much forever

i only played a little bit of them and probably over 10 years ago but i remember the zero games being more metroid games than megaman games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

i only played a little bit of them and probably over 10 years ago but i remember the zero games being more metroid games than megaman games

that was zero 1. zero 1 was, uh, kind of confused, about a lot of things. the only other game in that series like that is zx and it's the worst part because it's basically just mazelike hubs you have to navigate to reach the actual levels. the rest are basically just mega man games where the entire design is based around zero's moveset, with way tighter movement and more punishing bosses and levels

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If Chewbacca isn't on screen everyone should be asking 'Where's Chewbacca?'

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it is very likely that the only two i tried were the first zero game and the first ds zero game (which i think was zx) so that makes sense

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never understood why people give a poo poo about the extended Star Wars universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't believe there are people who have presumably been fans of Star Wars for 40+ years at this point and still froth at the mouth every time Chewbacca appears onscreen like some kind of trained animal.

• Locked thread