Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ChickenWing posted:

They probably just goofed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't changed in the next few patches.

They've said it'll be sorted in weeks not months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Strange thing, how does one actually play as Brettonia in Mortal Empires without having Warhammer 1 currently installed? Seems the only way to do so is by being prompted to install the freelc, but you can't do that unless Total Warhammer 1 is presently installed soooooo :shrug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
what, no

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kubrick posted:

What the hell am I supposed to do with Morathi in battles? She feels super weak compared to the other LLs, but I'm probably not using her correctly.

She is one of the Legendary Lords who most benefits from levels and her weapon quest. By the time you get her pegasus, her weapon, and a couple of points into her melee line she winds up with pretty good melee attack/defense, 120ish charge bonus (which IIRC his basically higher than anyone else in the game), 30+% damage reduction (more depending on armor/accessories) and every enemy around her is eating like -15 melee attack, -8 melee defense and -8% charge bonus. Her early spell access is pretty ho-hum and mediocre, but she can get Pit of Shades later on which makes it worthwhile. Early on she's basically a casty Death Hag and is about as durable. She can't stand up to extended melee but she can lay down hurt if given free reign.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Morathi owns so hard but only after like 20 points. The one off buffs she gets are mostly insane she can buff her army hard and she eventually becomes a loving ludicrous mana battery. Grab a couple early spells then do her yellow tree then buy a bunch of the one off buffs. By the time she gets her Evil Pegasus she's pretty good but when she's leveled up she's mannfred levels of terrifying due to her built in mana batteries.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Queek and Malagor, best of friends.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
That earlier image I posted from my Queek campaign showing Varg with 33 settlements and strength rank 1 around turn 100... got a Teclis campaign going now and I'm at turn 75 and Varg are strength rank 2 with 20 settlements. In spite of having the 'passive' AI personality, haha. However I chose Teclis specifically to do a gimmick thing where I secured my home base then sailed to help the humans fight chaos, so I'm going to turn Kislev into an Elven colony I guess.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Vargs posted:

I don't know why you would ever use warpfire throwers.

They look loving awesome, thats why.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Strange thing, how does one actually play as Brettonia in Mortal Empires without having Warhammer 1 currently installed? Seems the only way to do so is by being prompted to install the freelc, but you can't do that unless Total Warhammer 1 is presently installed soooooo :shrug:

If the FreeLC is listed as owned on your account, you can play Brets in ME.

If it's not, you never installed it, and so yeah, you'll need to reinstall Warhams 1, get Brets, uninstall, then go play ME.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ChickenWing posted:

They probably just goofed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't changed in the next few patches.

So does this even apply for factions that don't give a crap about punching Chaos (like the Skaven?)

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Is there a mod that changes the dark elf color scheme from purple to red? I'd love the Ssildra'Tor color scheme.

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg
:psyduck:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
That's a purging.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

That seems pretty rough, but you should relish this lore appropriate opportunity to use raiding stance on Altdorf for the next 10 turns to farm money and lord levels by beating down native chaos stacks.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Vote for Hope and Change!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How is everyone building Teclis? There are so many skills I want...

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

When Tzeentchian Cults send their people, they're not sending their best. They're bringing darkness. They're bringing lies. They're chaos worshippers. And some, I assume, are good people.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Dwarven steamroller is in full effect. The entirety of the Badlands and the majority of the Southlands are dwarven. Madness.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Gonkish posted:

The Dwarven steamroller is in full effect. The entirety of the Badlands and the majority of the Southlands are dwarven. Madness.

*Lights gejnor signal* we need....GREEN IZ BEST

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Inevitablelongshot posted:

*Teclis seemed pretty fragile and poor at the beginning compared to Malekith but with skills, spells and items, he is becoming a real powerhouse

yeah, Teclis once you've gone down the casting tree far enough is a horrifying god of war who wins sieges on his lonesome.

just dump chain lightnings onto the garrison until you get bored

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I've heard that in ME, the ruler of Tiranoc has a name similar to Surtha Ek, and a custom Chariot Master trait. Can anyone confirm this?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ammanas posted:

if only to not condemn us all to hours of murdering dwarves bit by bloody bit

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gonkish posted:

In my Queek campaign the dwarves and VCs are tying each other up pretty nicely. Perfect for me-me to march up and retake K8P (once I deal with Kroq-Gar. It'll be interesting to see how fighting him mid game rather than early meshes out-I'm hoping it's full :flame:)

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg

Ammanas posted:

Also the one he did for dwarves. I might be misremembering Hams 1 but it seems like a lot of dwarf skills got nerfed, like how runesmiths can't boost growth, and the militia tech gives +2 melee attack and def. I think ax lord got nerfed too.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

I've heard that in ME, the ruler of Tiranoc has a name similar to Surtha Ek, and a custom Chariot Master trait. Can anyone confirm this?

It's Surthara Bel-Kec and she runs armies made almost entirely of chariots and Ellyrian Reavers :allears:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's Surthara Bel-Kec and she runs armies made almost entirely of chariots and Ellyrian Reavers :allears:

Seriously? That's amazing. Is the "chariot master" trait thing true as well?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
This seems a little buggy! Im at like turn 120 with no chaos invasion, and grimgor ironhide shows up randomly in other factions' waagh stacks. So i get to kill him twice. Otherwise I've been giving people mighty big dwarven paddlings and successfully took back karak eight peaks. Though its special building chain is kind of a disappointment, since I already own all the provinces around so the plus magic damage doesn't really do anything for me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kinda wish there was a Dwarven or Empire (colonies?) start in the West. I want to play a new campaign as them but I'm tired of fighting the same factions that Empire/Dwarves usually fight.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Having Grombrindal start way out in Karak Zorn would be a good way to do it.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Kinda wish there was a Dwarven or Empire (colonies?) start in the West. I want to play a new campaign as them but I'm tired of fighting the same factions that Empire/Dwarves usually fight.

You're a long loving way from any of the new factions with Dwarfs, too. It's definitely a bummer but I'm hoping it will be worth it when I burn Ulthuan and Nagarond to the ground.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Uhm, I should probably stop playing on Very Hard. One settlement Crooked Moon Mutinous Gits can afford 3 full stacks. This is turn 25. One of the stacks even has Black Orcs and Trolls. Too bad Hard seems too easy.

Edit. Maybe they have special rules as their settlement is the target of 3 legendary lords?

Hryme fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 27, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, same. I took too long subduing Kroq-gar and the Dwarves are a hellish steamroller right now. I only have 3 full stacks up, 2 of which are pressing on K8P, and and least 2.5 stacks just showed up near my eastern border. Uh, poo poo, mostly.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Not starting with my Phoenix and bolt thrower as Tyrion was a little bit of a shock. :(

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Away all Goats posted:

An idea I had for a "New World Colonies" Vortex campaign would play up the fact that you're a long way from home, and the goal is to either a) build up enough to get the colonies named a full member of the Empire or b) declare independence and defeat a doomstack of Empire armies that included Karl. The Vortex wouldn't be a direct concern, but it's still happening and eventually you would have to side with one of the factions fighting over it (Helves and Lizardmen would be the normal options, but siding with the Delves or Skaven is presented-and picking those locks in the rebellion victory path).

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hryme posted:

Uhm, I should probably stop playing on Very Hard. One settlement Crooked Moon Mutinous Gits can afford 3 full stacks. This is turn 25. One of the stacks even has Black Orcs and Trolls. Too bad Hard seems too easy.

Yeah, there seems to be a massive jump in difficulty between the two.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

dear karl franz

I am in africa. This is the second time you have decided to launch a crusade against me. You are very far from home. Please go home.

signed malagor

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

NeurosisHead posted:

Not starting with my Phoenix and bolt thrower as Tyrion was a little bit of a shock. :(

Yeah, I miss Queeks Rogres :(

At least Kroq'gar kept the Stegondon!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Hryme posted:

Edit. Maybe they have special rules as their settlement is the target of 3 legendary lords?

That faction is a bit special since it's coded to be more passive than the other factions which makes them really annoying to deal with since they'll usually just camp with their armies around their capital. It's the same as the wood elf minor factions.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Skarsnik is so much fun. I’m at war with all of my neighbors, but everyone’s too scared to send any forces into the mountains. Weissenland tried, got ambushed and wiped out by one of my stacks, and then I sacked nuln and the other town to send a message. I was worried about Belegar, since he was running around with two full dwarf stacks pretty early smashing people, but right before I launched a raid on his capital a mutinous gits stack + waaagh showed up, smashed headfirst into belegars stacks and left me with easy cleanup duty.

The empire hasn’t been an issue at all; somehow they ended up in a war with the dwarf hold in northeast bretonnia, who proceeded to capture helmgart and now refuse to give it up. Haven’t seen much of the skaven yet, tilea seems to be holding its own but I haven’t scouted estalia out yet.

So far ME has a ton of early action, it seems that being able to settle anywhere has made the AI more aggressive across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I made a little personal mod that reduces the upkeep (not new army, unit upkeep) and public order penalties by half for VH-Legendary. It's something like 40% for humans and -90% for AI, which is why they field lots of units. Toning down the public order malus from -4 to -2 and the upkeep penalty from +40 to +20 seemed to help. Left the AI turned to 11 because they are more interesting that way.

Figured something like that existed on the workshop already but I can host it if not.