Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Yapo LP your way through goonbowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Poil posted:

Can you combine leap with blitz to attempt to land on top of another player?

Dunno if they fixed it in BB2 but in LE or CE leaping blitzes were broken in a lot of really weird ways that could lead to you not punching, not leaping, not using your blitz but still getting to punch and general weirdness.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 11 - Half 1 - Undead

Vs. Manuel Calavera

This game ended up being almost 2 hours long so I went and cut it up into halves and I'm uploading this one earlier in the week to give you lot time to chew through it.

Also for some reason I lost the game audio so it has been replaced with spoopy music befitting the season. :spooky:

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 24, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the bright side, the first half has probably the best highlight. And by no means is there anything interesting happening in half 2 except for more ball handling. Maybe, probably.

e - and yes, that was an The Offspring quote. I was indeed drinking, I'd made the commitment to do so.
e2 - eagle eyed folk may notice two Max's, I goofed on naming was what happened. If Max the Mummy dies somehow, he'll come back as Sammun-Mak.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 24, 2017

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

How long is the second half, another hour? I wanna know in advance so I can use your vids back to back as the audio for my porch this halloween.

:spooky:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Teddybear posted:

How long is the second half, another hour? I wanna know in advance so I can use your vids back to back as the audio for my porch this halloween.

:spooky:

Shorter but still about an hour I think? Maybe just over 40 minutes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Manuel Calavera posted:

On the bright side, the first half has probably the best highlight. And by no means is there anything interesting happening in half 2 except for more ball handling. Maybe, probably.

e - and yes, that was an The Offspring quote. I was indeed drinking, I'd made the commitment to do so.
e2 - eagle eyed folk may notice two Max's, I goofed on naming was what happened. If Max the Mummy dies somehow, he'll come back as Sammun-Mak.

I feel bad for you, getting shouted at by like 3 people while drinking while you utterly fail to chain push

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I think the second half is a little shorter. You mentioned it either in game about getting a little frustrated, or it was relayed to me via voice, Agent.

And I tried on that Chain push! I just, clicked badly. Like an idiot, a slightly drunk one.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I really really liked that chain push agent355 did in that first half. Does grab make chain pushing any easier? Was grab a joke vote? or will our 3rd or 4th lvl3 saurus end up with it?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Grab and chainpush go hand in hand.

Grab on a fanatic to make your odds of killing better. Grab on guys to shuffle pieces into better spots.

Agent had a team themed around grab.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

namad posted:

I really really liked that chain push agent355 did in that first half. Does grab make chain pushing any easier? Was grab a joke vote? or will our 3rd or 4th lvl3 saurus end up with it?

Grab is a legit good skill that lets you do things like pull a guy backwards so you can punch him again next turn without following up. Or toss him sideways into another punch. Or leave him next to the krox so they cant dodge out.

Guard won because while its boring as poo poo, hording all the 2dbs to yourself is super good, not because grab is a joke.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Aye guard becomes a necessity on most teams after a few games. Maintaining 2DBs is import as heck.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Grab is real good but it actually doesn't chainpush anymore than normal punching, but it's still real fukkin good.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Grab let's you do really unfair things like sucking an enemy lineman behind your line to setup ottds that would normally be impossible.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's basically the punching equivalent of sidestep in that it lets you set up blatantly unfair positional games. My grab gimmick team functions hilariously well but they have to be like 1500-1600 before you have enough grab/block to actually make it work, and by that time you're running into teams with piles of guard and murder players and they tend to kinda fall apart.

They make loving mincemeat of less bashy teams though, hilariously so.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Agent355 posted:

It's basically the punching equivalent of sidestep in that it lets you set up blatantly unfair positional games. My grab gimmick team functions hilariously well but they have to be like 1500-1600 before you have enough grab/block to actually make it work, and by that time you're running into teams with piles of guard and murder players and they tend to kinda fall apart.

gently caress your grab teams so hard. I hate them so much.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Agent355 posted:

I would love to see an one off exposition match video of the grab team gimmick sometime.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I can probably manage that, just need an opponent with a team that allows me to actually show off the gimmick.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a team of snots you could murder :v

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
If a player with Grab pushes a player with Side Step, which skill wins?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They cancel out and you normal push.

On a blitz you can only normal push even with grab but a grab player blitzing a sidestepper still cancels sidestep.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The lore for that being, I assume. "A regular block, you can think about what you're doing. But a blitz is like a wild orc, you just wanna punch a dude."

e - Thanks Prav. My inebriated, new coach brain was thinking at the time "Big guy dangerous and stronger than my mummies. Keep him on the ground." Which, having played with a Krox myself now, and understanding Bonehead more. Makes him slightly less dangerous.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 26, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i approve of all the fouling

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 11 - Half 2 - Undead

Here we go.

Not a ton to say about the game that I didn't say in the video, what do we give our level 5 skink?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
A quick death.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

uPen posted:

A quick death.

Ah, I see you too want him to have Diving Tackle so that he can conveniently be placed on the ground for stomping*.

*And all also cause lots of turnovers or something unimportant like that

e: Other skill suggestions. Shadowing, so that agent is encouraged to base other players*
*or just the ball and spots where he thinks people might forget about shadowing and dodge past if he's too attached to things like playing smart

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 27, 2017

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
A superstar like him don't really want to be on the whole "in easy punch range" deal. The multitude of lesser skinks can handle that role. Don't worry about him living too long hes already got a big bullseye on his back. I would suggest Catch as the skill choice because if the ball is not in his hands our next goal should be placing the ball in his hands ASAP.

Seriously though +AG, +MV blodge skink? It's obscene, let's crank this obscenity to the max.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Shadowing is a general skill, so while it would be fantastically obnoxious on him he can't use it yet.

While I'm tempted to go with some combination of Sprint / Sure Feet for maximum bullshittery, Sidestep would also be a very solid choice on him.

EDIT: Catch doesn't really help on Fleetfoot because we have nobody to pass the ball to him and nobody that could even sanely develop into a thrower.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Shadowing is a general skill, so while it would be fantastically obnoxious on him he can't use it yet.

EDIT: Catch doesn't really help on Fleetfoot because we have nobody to pass the ball to him and nobody that could even sanely develop into a thrower.

Huh, so it is.

Catch is actually deceptively good on lizards because it works on hand offs.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh, so it is.

Yea thanks, knew I was a missing a point on this. Handoff games with stunty dodging are the corner stone of the "skink passing play"

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Fleetfoot gets Sure Feet so that when he inevitably dies to a snaked GFI, it doesn't eat a team reroll. And so he can go further with more confidence, that too.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
e: Side Step

Aerdan fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 29, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Leap Up so he can do uberskink bullshit even from the ground

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Side Step for maximum bullshit

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Side Step to make chain-push 1ttds easier.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Sidestep for now. Just to make him the worst.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for Sprint for fleetfoot for the 1turn touchdowns I want to see.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FoolyCharged posted:

This is true, but if it ever comes to that Fleetfoot is more likely to be the one making the handoff than receiving it. He's far and away the best player on the team at picking up and carrying the ball, and he's such a valuable target that you don't want to expose him by running him down the field as a receiver. Even then I'm not sure it's likely to come up, because there aren't that many plays involving Agi 3 shenanigans that are safer than just having Fleetfoot bullshit his way through a team from midfield.

I'm still torn between making his a disgusting speed machine with Sprint/Sure Feet or just making him a more generic rear end in a top hat with Sidestep.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Voyager I posted:

This is true, but if it ever comes to that Fleetfoot is more likely to be the one making the handoff than receiving it. He's far and away the best player on the team at picking up and carrying the ball, and he's such a valuable target that you don't want to expose him by running him down the field as a receiver. Even then I'm not sure it's likely to come up, because there aren't that many plays involving Agi 3 shenanigans that are safer than just having Fleetfoot bullshit his way through a team from midfield.

I'm still torn between making his a disgusting speed machine with Sprint/Sure Feet or just making him a more generic rear end in a top hat with Sidestep.

The idea would be to have an agi 3 pick up when it's safe and stand in the backfield, dash 8-10 spaces up to Fleetwood next turn, who then immediately dashes 9-11 spaces for a total ball movement of 18-22 out of 26 spaces on the board in a single turn.

Thats a lot of ball movement and its better to drop the ball in the backfield where you get another go than in the middle of the pitch next to the other team, so you want your 4agi skink getting the hand off and the 3 agi picking up.

Unless you're attached to your pieces and more concerned with keeping the god skunk alive than scoring anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'll point out when Agent says it's rude to gang foul once you're oppoent is down an Appo, he is talking about friendly Goonleague games.

If you're in Goonbowl or a tourney you fuckin' stomp his players into the ground and hope it gives you that extra TD chances.

• Locked thread