Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope Hyouka and Nichijou are on the way too, since they seem to be cleaning up KyoAni's catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
please announce violet evergarden crunchyroll

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fangz posted:

please announce violet evergarden crunchyroll

that one was netflixed already

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

an actual dog posted:

that one was netflixed already

Let me dream.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Could be worse.

It could have landed on Amazon. As irritiating as it was having LWA on Netflix, people at least seemed to hear about it and watch it when it came out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I hope Hyouka and Nichijou are on the way too, since they seem to be cleaning up KyoAni's catalogue.

That would rule, they did at least have Nichijou when it was airing. You can buy Hyouka digitally on amazon video (not Strike) but I don't really know what that means for crunchy's shot at getting it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

More seriously, is there a reason why K-On isn't on CR?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fangz posted:

More seriously, is there a reason why K-On isn't on CR?

That's a Sentai catalog title so it's on their weird HIDIVE thing. Probably not coming anywhere else.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh man, yeah hiding having K-on on there, or anywhere streaming really, would be great.

e: huh, it's on Hulu. And apparently hidive

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Children of the Whales ep3 leaves me uncertain about the show. The menacing emotionless killers standing around letting people run in front of them to hug and cry, and in general showing lots of emotion was pretty dumb. Maybe if the show actually addresses how they're not actually emotionless it'll work out well enough, but having the attackers stand stock still for a couple minutes so children could run past them and cry and our friends could wonder wtf was happening, and then suddenly turning and killing a kid lightning fast was just dumb. It's still pretty, but I miss the sense of wonder that the first ep and a half had, and I want it to be less dumb.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

a kitten posted:

e: huh, it's on Hulu. And apparently hidive

Hulu randomly removes anime titles so K-ON might not be on there for long

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah, them standing there letting people chat was a bit awkward. I'm curious if it's something that will actually come up 'cause all the masked people seemed oddly casual about the whole thing in general and there was that moment where one of them got moved like a puppet by one of the others to attack

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

lol

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

It's interesting to compare against, for example, Negima!? and Mahou Sensei Negima. While not a drama like FMA and Kino, they covered largely different storylines in very different ways down to having seemingly different and mutually exclusive mechanics for the magic systems. Shaft (presumably Xebec wasn't involved in the conversation at that point) did a brilliant job of not making the story feel either rushed or excessively-familiar, even for someone who watched both series back to back. And despite ignoring a couple of seemingly-major plot beats from the early series (largely revolving around Asuna) you still got a feel for the characters, their personalities and their respective places in the world.

I keep meaning to get around to reading the manga to see how both plotlines actually intertwine, but have not as yet.

wait there's someone who's watched both adaptations of Negima but hasn't read the manga :psyduck:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I watched like 1.5 of the adaptations and then read the manga starting when they teleport to magic world.

I'll never know what happens in the middle.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Konohana Kitan 4: Egg Problems.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad Natsume is so accepting of the new addition to their family

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ouch, right in the feels.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fall season early impressions roundup of shows without threads:

Drunk Wife - Cute, but kinda bland.

Code:Realize - I don't even remember the premise, it had that little impact.

Blend-S - I'm probably going to drop this 3 episodes too late, but watching for now. Also, this meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jp3UjNNpSU

TWOCAR - There has to be a name for what this is, because it isn't CGDCT, and it's not the first to do it. I'll call it: Cute Girls Showcasing A Thing Inexplicably, so CGSATI. It appears I'm not fond of CGSATI shows. Anyways, as if the world needed a Bakuon clone, but here we are.

Just Because - Pine Jam is doing ok so far, but man I wish this show were made by KyoAni. Can't wait to see the wheels fall off.

My Girlfriend is Shobitch - gently caress you.

Shokugeki no Souma 3 - It's more Shokugeki no Souma. There are less food orgasms this time around, but I feel like I'm about to eat those words.

A Sister is All You Need - gently caress YOOOOUUU.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sindai posted:

I watched like 1.5 of the adaptations and then read the manga starting when they teleport to magic world.

I'll never know what happens in the middle.

You skipped the Mahora Festival? That's the best part of the series.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

A Sister is All You Need - gently caress YOOOOUUU.

Apparently if you survive more than seven seconds into this show it goes to absolutely insane places before revealing itself to be the main character's draft of an anime or something. The show is probably still trash, but I kind of respect the... willingness to make people run away screaming?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Inuyashiki seems like it has the potential to be the sleeper hit of the season. I'm worried that it is paced a bit slowly and will fall apart at the end, but the setup has been really working for me and I want so much more of it.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

kater posted:

Apparently if you survive more than seven seconds into this show it goes to absolutely insane places before revealing itself to be the main character's draft of an anime or something. The show is probably still trash, but I kind of respect the... willingness to make people run away screaming?

Well, it tones it down a little anyway, but doesn't stop. It really shouldn't take three episodes to get onto his using the people around him as characters to write some fantasy stuff that isn't trash, evidenced by the opening. Nor should it take three episodes to get past why he no-sells all of Kani's shenanigans.

That kind of poo poo coming out of Atra's voice actor is just plain entertaining, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This week's Just Because was another fantastic episode. It's my favourite show so far this season.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

kater posted:

I watched the entire first episode. I am additionally disgusted by the rest of it, and the simple projection of what the show is doing and what it wants to be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/924059766380466178

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Funimation more like fumigation.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
But what does this mean for Rick Santorum

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this means that Sony over in Japan has eyes on the production game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/924130371758841856

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HisG_QPr9Eg

The PV's like a week old but just how ahead in production it is is news. Then again it's been in development for years now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
they had the first ep finished months ago, they screened it at AX

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/924130371758841856

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HisG_QPr9Eg

The PV's like a week old but just how ahead in production it is is news. Then again it's been in development for years now.

Man, I remember hearing about Kiyotaka Oshiyama personally drawing key frames and sleeping in the office just to barely get the last episode of Flip Flappers out the door, and now here's KyoAni maybe going to finish VEG before the first episode even airs. That's nuts.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
kyoani also has vastly more money and time than studio 3hz but the flip flappers situation wasn't exactly rare except for the insane amount of frames personally animated by its director

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
flip flappers had the good fortune of being overseen by an animation beast

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
So far I like Blend S more than working! :twisted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
same here, and they haven't even introduced the best char

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Servant x Service > Blend S > Working

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I can't remember a single character or joke from the Working spin-off that aired last year.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Araki posted:

I can't remember a single character or joke from the Working spin-off that aired last year.

There was a rich girl, occasional St. Valentine and bad cooking. I think there was also a haunted girl? That's the extent of my memory of https://www.working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Death by chocolate

• Locked thread