Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TTerrible posted:

It’s cool when they include mini games like spot the difference on weapon profiles

Buy the iOS ebook edition, get +12" to your laser rapier range.

It's not cheating if it's endorsed by FW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You mean +30cm

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

You mean +30cm
30.48 cm
:colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
GW are never going to round in your favour

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Safety Factor forgot to subtract D3 cm

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Down with the crown! Down with the crown! Down with the crown!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

panascope posted:

they spent more on the big binder clips than they did on proofreading
Are those binder clips not being used for holding minis while painting? How hosed up is that

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
House Aerthegn Knight Errant hot of the painting table to support my Sons of Horus!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ghazk posted:

House Aerthegn Knight Errant hot of the painting table to support my Sons of Horus!

Owns owns owns. Nice work, I love the chains

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Nice! Like the shield generator type deal going on above his head.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

poo poo those chains are cool, couldn’t figure out a good way to mount them myself. Are those power cables from the Leviathan CCW’s?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Ghazk posted:

That's really cool. I think I saw someone I follow post a pic of your knight or instagram (or you did).

Also, I painted another dude, please poo poo on my life and tell me how to get better. I think I did the best I've done so far with this guy, but definitely need to be neater with my recess shading and highlights. Also I've since covered some of the unpainted spots that turned up in these photos.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

poo poo those chains are cool, couldn’t figure out a good way to mount them myself. Are those power cables from the Leviathan CCW’s?

Either leviathan or contemptor, don’t remember. Either way, the cables don’t lend themselves very well to magnetizing weapon arms so found their way to the bits box.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

DrPop posted:

That's really cool. I think I saw someone I follow post a pic of your knight or instagram (or you did).

Also, I painted another dude, please poo poo on my life and tell me how to get better. I think I did the best I've done so far with this guy, but definitely need to be neater with my recess shading and highlights. Also I've since covered some of the unpainted spots that turned up in these photos.

Looks good man; every dude is better than the last. Sounds like you already know how to make him better; neater in the highlights and shades.

Try and get your wash to pool a little better in the recesses. On some parts it looks like the wash was painted on in a thin layer. You really want capillary action to pull the wash into the nooks and crannies and pool there. This can be tricky to do neatly with acrylic washes.

One trick I like to use is to find a high spot like the mk3 armor ridges around the forearm and start the wash on top and carefully pull it down into the recess. Once you have a bead in the recess you can use the tip of your brush to pull it along without smudging the rest of the armor. Then you can go back over and re-highlight the ridge and it's good as new

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DrPop posted:

Honestly it looks pretty good already, especially when you factor in that the camera exposes issues that are much tougher to see when you handle the model IRL. My only suggestion would be to either darken the shade or add small brighter highlights to get some more contrast on the bone parts, but that’s a bit of a preference thing anyway.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

7.1 stream highlights:

-invisibility ded
-everyone gets melta bombs
-templates still around (lol tterrible)
-more space wolves and custodes incoming

Can somebody who actually watched the stream get some more deets

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
There’s also rules for daemons and aliens in the book apparently, and Our Pal Ghost Hand got a shout out.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Our Pal Ghost Hand got a shout out.
I bet he's why they fixed invisibility.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:smugdog::pipe:

Man, this gets me excited. We’re now officially our own game system. I’m surprised they didn’t roll in the Zone Mortalis rules, but that’s my only big surprise. Also now is the time to go and reap the tears from the nerds who argued against the multiple melta bombs. Their taste is both sweet and salty.

Here are the complete deets I’ve found:

quote:

HH Rulebook
  • The new rulebook will be the definitive HH ‘edition’ for the foreseeable future
  • There are no major changes. The rulebook is designed to be a resource for Horus Heresy players
  • Special Rules section and appendix has the most changes. Rules not present in 30k like ATSKNF are cut, while common HH rules like Legiones Astartes and Agile are in
  • New section. Battlefield Terrain, includes out-of-print expansions such as Stronghold Assault
  • New section that includes generic daemons or xenos
  • Zone Mortalis rules not included
  • D weapons stay the same
  • Multibombing removal was “a mistake” and was not the intent of the studio
  • Demonology only available by models that have explicit access to it
  • Invisibility is gone and replaced with Mind Howl (BS1 and WS1 for a target unit within 12”)

Safety Factor posted:

I bet he's why they fixed invisibility.

I bet that's why he doesn't post anymore

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Glad I was planning for my Psyker to be a telepath, but didn't want the stigma of invisibility. Good job FW.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
What's the status of everyone's unfinished Friend Makers?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm not surprised at ZM staying seperate. It's in the same league as ViV I think. It's a fluffy alternate gametype from a black book(s) - if it didn't have a special expensive board it'd be a page or two of variant missions no one cared about.

Also: The melta ruling has me excited because we didn't get it back by default because they reprinted the 7th book and forgot about the FAQ - they explicitly called it out as not something they agreed with and a bad ruling. Maybe they're learning :popeye:

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 26, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I’m so flippin excited for the new rule book!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

What's the status of everyone's unfinished Friend Makers?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hell yeah.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Also: The melta ruling has me excited because we didn't get it back by default because they reprinted the 7th book and forgot about the FAQ - they explicitly called it out as not something they agreed with and a bad ruling. Maybe they're learning :popeye:

Had time to go through it today. There are minor tweaks to some of the rules that didn't get called out. Knowing how rules are written it could be a slight tweak that leads to a significant change. We won't know for sure until we read the rules. Also generic daemon rules are in if you don't have the 7th edition daemon's codex. Other notes:

quote:

"heresy [gamers] are older and are used to the granularity of 7th edition... we didn't want to [move to 7th edition]. We didn't want to invalidate all the black books... we listened to communities of active Horus Hersey gamers"
"as the heresy advances the theme of the forbidden arts... will come into the game more and more"
"[facings on tanks] this is one of the things that led us down the path of.... should we immediately convert to 8th edition... sometimes the only difference in a variants of tank or dreadnought are the armor facings... that level of granularity that... that 7th gave us... we still think we need to keep a hold of that... it gives us the level of detail that we need" :smugdog::pipe:
"cuck cuck i'm gay"
"we have tweaked the psychic phase slightly"
"we hadn't grasped the horror of only using one melta bomb in close combat... [multibombing] was always our intent... to help balance out the power of super heavies"

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 27, 2017

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Now I have ten bling bois.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm excited for more Space Wolf things. It's nice to see the aesthetic done by different sculptors that don't just vomit wolf pelts and beards all over everything.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I have painted my LoW, my giant murderdaemon.

Wrenched forth from the warp, present from nearly the beginning of mankind. He has been known by many names through the millenia; Cain's Folly, the Wrathchild, the End of Empires and the Echo of the First Murder. His daemon name is Drach'nyen and the Emperor himself could not defeat him...

In game terms I shall be using him as any of the LoW daemons without wings. I dislike the miniatures for both Samus and Corbax Utterblight so he could be them. Or the other ones from IA13. I realised too late of course that they can't be taken with my cult militia but there you go.

I learnt a lot about painting a big model, and such a complex one.

I am someone who disagrees with the melta bomb poo poo. Only because I like plain dreadnoughts and this means that there are a pile more threats to a weak unit. Also, the prospect of twenty guys lining up to throw grenades at the same moving target sounds like a danger to all parties involved. I will try to come to terms with this bombshell, one day at a time.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That is a very cool rendition, awesome conversion dude.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

ijyt posted:

That is a very cool rendition, awesome conversion dude.

Its actually the apocalypse miniature from CMoN's The Others Seven Sins game. The game is full of awesome horror demons sculpted by Mike McVey which I plan to use for alternate daemons.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's me, the guy who paints one of every Legion because I can't make decisions.

Awuuuu

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Endman posted:

Awuuuu

If you're gonna paint some SWs that well, you should paint some more.

Awwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuu

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Endman posted:

Awuuuu

That's a really nice clean wolfboi. Trash legion though.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That is a pretty pretty dogboi

Endman
May 18, 2010

Thank you, friends. :)

Speaking of Space Wolves, is it silly to run Grey Slayers with just Bolters, Bolt Pistols & Chainswords? I feel like giving all ten dudes power weapons would be both expensive and silly.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Leaving them with bolters is totally fine, especially considering their special rule which lets them run or shoot and still charge. I'm not a SW player so I'm not any kind of authority on the matter, but I think Grey Slayers benefit a lot from mixing all sorts of crap into bigger units. Mostly bolter guys, some shields, and maybe a couple of power weapons alongside the sergeant or huscarl or whatever he's called. The ability to mix and match like that makes them one of the best troops choices in the game.

And, yeah, that's a pretty good wolf boi. Very clean.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Endman posted:

Thank you, friends. :)

Speaking of Space Wolves, is it silly to run Grey Slayers with just Bolters, Bolt Pistols & Chainswords? I feel like giving all ten dudes power weapons would be both expensive and silly.

Toss a few in there with Combat Shields to tank AP3- wounds, along with a few Power Axes, and they can cause issues even for Terminators. I had 10 and a Wolf Priest roll through my Abaddon and his 5 Terminator boyfriend squad earlier tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Endman posted:

Awuuuu

Very impressive! Space Wolves are bad though.

JackMack posted:

I have painted my LoW, my giant murderdaemon.

Wrenched forth from the warp, present from nearly the beginning of mankind. He has been known by many names through the millenia; Cain's Folly, the Wrathchild, the End of Empires and the Echo of the First Murder. His daemon name is Drach'nyen and the Emperor himself could not defeat him...

In game terms I shall be using him as any of the LoW daemons without wings. I dislike the miniatures for both Samus and Corbax Utterblight so he could be them. Or the other ones from IA13. I realised too late of course that they can't be taken with my cult militia but there you go.

I learnt a lot about painting a big model, and such a complex one.

I am someone who disagrees with the melta bomb poo poo. Only because I like plain dreadnoughts and this means that there are a pile more threats to a weak unit. Also, the prospect of twenty guys lining up to throw grenades at the same moving target sounds like a danger to all parties involved. I will try to come to terms with this bombshell, one day at a time.

:five:

This is an incredible rendition of that Daemon.