Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I normally default to believing a woman when she accuses a man of doing something, but I'm not willing to give Juanita Broderick the benefit of the doubt if she refuses to do so for any of Trump's accusers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
lmao, all of these right-wing cartoonists were all "WE'VE FINALLY GOT HILLARY CLINTON NOW" and then Mueller announces that he's going to start indicting people

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That's not how a boomerang works.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

holy poo poo this is one corner quip from being a kelly

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did Tinsley have a stroke or is Mallard Filmore like the Portrait of Dorian Gray for his liver

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ranter posted:

It is if you don't move at all after throwing it.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ranter posted:

yo man you're breaking the 2nd wall :downs:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I feel like I must have just missed this one but god drat.

I'm choosing to interpret this as Garrison knowing he wont make it to Christmas.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's with the design of the terrorist's sword's hilt?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr Grizz you never showed me how to beat this one.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I like the picture of himself behind the chair.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Quick, wingnuts, draw Hillary on a stack of things labeled BENGHAZI and EMAILS, on the double!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

The hell's Rand Paul doing here?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like how the usual nutbag brigade has dropped all pretense and is now accusing Mueller himself of working for Russia. No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Spain and Catalonia's power struggle – Madrid has taken control of Catalonia and announced new elections after secessionist Catalan MPs voted to establish an independent republic" After Salvador Dalí.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Fortuny.

The i paper:

Times:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

oh the humanity
oh the sean hannity
all you're ever gonna be
is another big fan o' me
Bear witness
Bear witness
Bear witness

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cloud Potato posted:

The i paper:

:lol: I think this is only surpassed by the black widow cartoon this week.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Office Pig posted:

Wow, Garrison actually put himself on that list.

I thought you were kidding, but he seriously put his twitter account on there

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Well, you could pick basically any Chuck Asay cartoon.

yep, still violently loathe chuck asay

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Sir Tonk posted:

yep. gently caress you Asay.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

rofl cool timing on this

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I feel like "White Grievance" is giving it too much legitimacy.

I like the term. Republicans at this point are hardwired to automatically start screaming when they hear the word "racism". It gives you a way to talk to Republicans that aren't consciously being racist about racism without triggering them.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 28, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sir Tonk posted:

Seriously the hurricane katrina and insurance rates one just gives me stomach churning anger every time I see it and it's this much later

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shugojin posted:

Seriously the hurricane katrina and insurance rates one just gives me stomach churning anger every time I see it and it's this much later

It seriously is like an argument Kelly would make.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yes but it also legitimizes them. "It's not racist for me to complain about all the gooks and beaners running the grocery stores around here, it's just a grievance I have!'

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Yes but it also legitimizes them. "It's not racist for me to complain about all the gooks and beaners running the grocery stores around here, it's just a grievance I have!'

It lets you recontextualize the issue in a way they might actually listen to. You can walk them through why they feel that way and hopefully get them to a place where they understand it is irrational. Calling their belief racist is an automatic conversation ender.

Edit: This is assuming the person you are talking to is worth trying to talk down off the cliff. Sometimes you just need to call someone a racist and let them deal with it.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 28, 2017

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Guys, I'm worried about tinsley, his costume ideas keep getting worse and I think he might be drinking again :ohdear:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It lets you recontextualize the issue in a way they might actually listen to. You can walk them through why they feel that way and hopefully get them to a place where they understand it is irrational. Calling their belief racist is an automatic conversation ender.

You're still enabling it, though.

quote:

The Racist Tree

By Alexander Blechman

Once upon a time, there was a racist tree. Seriously, you are going to hate this tree. High on a hill overlooking the town, the racist tree grew where the grass was half clover. Children would visit during the sunlit hours and ask for apples, and the racist tree would shake its branches and drop the delicious red fruit that gleamed without being polished. The children ate many of the racist tree's apples and played games beneath the shade of its racist branches. One day the children brought Sam, a boy who had just moved to town, to play around the racist tree.

"Let Sam have an apple," asked a little girl.

"I don't think so. He's black," said the tree. This shocked the children and they spoke to the tree angrily, but it would not shake its branches to give Sam an apple, and it called him a friend of the family.

"I can't believe the racist tree is such a racist," said one child. The children momentarily reflected that perhaps this kind of behavior was how the racist tree got its name.

It was decided that if the tree was going to deny apples to Sam then nobody would take its apples. The children stopped visiting the racist tree.

The racist tree grew quite lonely. After many solitary weeks it saw a child flying a kite across the clover field.

"Can I offer you some apples?" asked the tree eagerly.

"gently caress off, you goddamn Nazi," said the child.

The racist tree was upset, because while it was very racist, it did not personally subscribe to Hitler's fascist ideology. The racist tree decided that it would have to give apples to black children, not because it was tolerant, but because otherwise it would face ostracism from white children.

And so, social progress was made.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 28, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm against any strategy that involves tiptoeing carefully to avoid hurting racists' feelings.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Guys, I'm worried about tinsley, his costume ideas keep getting worse and I think he might be drinking again :ohdear:

i didn't see the "I" at first and long story short "bengus" is my new favorite nonsense word

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:bahgawd:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sandpuppy posted:

Things sure are bad under President Hillary Clinton.

I like Hillary's glowing recommendation!

-or-

The Uranium One deal is a glowing example of how two former enemies can come together. A Good Cartoon.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Arist posted:

I'm against any strategy that involves tiptoeing carefully to avoid hurting racists' feelings.

I assume you overlooked where I said using it to talk to people that aren't consciously being racist. Yes, gently caress the racist tree and people that act like it. If you look back in the thread you'll see I also support punching Nazis. The thing is, there is a gradient to this stuff. There are some people you can save. You can absolutely ostracize those people into being bigger racists. If you tell everyone that says the slightest thing that is racist to gently caress off and die eventually those people will stop talking to you and start only talking to people that reenforce their stupid ideas. Sometimes it is a good thing to tiptoe around the feelings of others if you want them to listen and maybe change their minds for the better.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey if a republican or whoever needs a word swap for "White Grievance" to not get triggered then maybe it's their own lovely fault.

Like I get that some may want to try to educate someone who doesn't understand he is racist. But remember he doesn't see himself as racist, he just hates X race for Y reasons. And really why should we coddle someone who cannot self reflect on something they respond so strongly to?

What I'm saying is that you should tell them that the people they support, and the policies they are giving a pass hurts people of other races. And that they are letting themselves be used as a vehicle of racism. If they care about that, good, but if not then there's really no point in letting them have the "fudge" to the "gently caress".

(God I'm really tired I think I hosed up)

• Locked thread