Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well it took like a billion weeks but the Magic are finally deciding Aaron Gordon is the PF of the future (instead of that wing nonsense)

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/924062038996815873

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
well thank gently caress that's over

that was a brutal pounding by the magic

i miss kawhi

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm already pre-writing my essay on the eric gordon all-star snub

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

i'm already pre-writing my essay on the eric gordon all-star snub

the ski bums of the NBA once again looking down at the gnarly snowboarders carving up the mountain

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Pre-writing for me consists of staring at a blank open Word document, and then getting distracted by something banal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best way to write is to copy paste something you already wrote.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

What happens when Rondo is healthy and the Pelicans realize Jameer Nelson is better?

They will start Rondo, Jameer, and Jrue.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kibner posted:

They will start Rondo, Jameer, and Jrue.

Has there ever been a 3-guard line-up that consistently worked?

I seem to remember the Baby Bulls running a 3-guard lineup but I don't know who would have been the third guard after The Captain and Ben Jordan.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

The best way to write is to copy paste something you already wrote.

At least 90% of my job.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Has there ever been a 3-guard line-up that consistently worked?

I seem to remember the Baby Bulls running a 3-guard lineup but I don't know who would have been the third guard after The Captain and Ben Jordan.

Igudala/McCaw are usually the third guard, sometimes Livingston as the SF.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

The Spurs are fine.
we just lost (badly) to a franchise I regularly forget exists

RaySmuckles posted:

spurs are gonna lose tonight

ultimate trap game and they've never started 5-0
dude!!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Well it took like a billion weeks but the Magic are finally deciding Aaron Gordon is the PF of the future (instead of that wing nonsense)

Watching him get buried behind nonsense rotations and nagging injuries last year was pretty frustrating. Glad to see him balling out now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/WildHorses65/status/924082310919663617

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm really happy about the payne option, if you're going to waste your time watching a team actively tank, why wouldn't you want to watch cam payne do insane cam payne washington generals poo poo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

That happened about 3/5ths through last year! How many times I have to say! He switched to pf and started putting up regular 26 pt 10 reb games :mad:

Vucevic's addition of a three and his health have helped the team. They're much less crunched and all their wings are able to move and groove. Fournier has lost out a bit, because he was the best at working through tight spaces with a dribble. Augustin is de facto starting pg, although he's shared time with Payton, and his shooting also helps.

They added Ross, Jonathan Simmons, and Mo Speights in the offseason, they can all make jumpshots. Bismack Biyombo is healthy. They have a lot of players with specific skills, there's less malaise than there was at the start of last year.

The team just seems smarter now that John Hammond is president, they added players that would make their young guys look better and more able.

They weren't going to get worse without a 76ers style teardown, so why not play decent basketball and bump around .500

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 28, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I really want to see an OKC/MIN first round matchup.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
N:
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/924119781153869825
V:
https://twitter.com/TheRealJRSmith/status/924121263735533568

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I watched the Rockets take 57 three-pointers tonight, and I think that's probably the point where it just becomes not fun to watch

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Those new NBA jerseys rip so easily.

Seems early in the season for Draymond to go into donkey mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9YRAJGLJEU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm really enjoying all of these teams bullying the Warriors this season, it's hilarious.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/924128752564441088

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Zogo posted:

Those new NBA jerseys rip so easily.

made of actual rubbish

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

so did he actually get tossed or did they retroactively change his earlier tech to be on steve kerr again

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Latinx posted:

made of actual rubbish

Yea, newer NBA fans should watch the famous Pacers-Pistons brawl from 2004. Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) fought with players and fans and was pulled all over the place by his jersey and that thing remained intact and not ripped. That was a HQ jersey.

If that brawl happened today it'd look like all the NBA guys were wearing plastic bags for jerseys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIIOWPNYM0

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can anyone explain what happened with Green and Beal? Warriors Twitter is saying that Beal was salty on the last possession which lead to him starting something with Draymond but again, it's Warrrior Twitter so who knows what to believe.

And goshdamn, the Wizards are a tough team to watch. They seem to look good and then you blink, and they are not so good.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

Can anyone explain what happened with Green and Beal? Warriors Twitter is saying that Beal was salty on the last possession which lead to him starting something with Draymond but again, it's Warrrior Twitter so who knows what to believe.

And goshdamn, the Wizards are a tough team to watch. They seem to look good and then you blink, and they are not so good.

beal just wrapped draymond up for no discernible reason. smart money's on beal trying to get him tossed due to a double T because of the "fight." but it sorta backfired when beal was tossed too.

it really was a hit job. but that's fine because gently caress draymond green

the wizards blew this game when john wall decided to do everything himself with 4 minutes remaining in the 4th. very little team ball during that time

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

beal just wrapped draymond up for no discernible reason. smart money's on beal trying to get him tossed due to a double T because of the "fight." but it sorta backfired when beal was tossed too.

it really was a hit job. but that's fine because gently caress draymond green

the wizards blew this game when john wall decided to do everything himself with 4 minutes remaining in the 4th. very little team ball during that time

To be fair, I don't know who you trust to hit shots on the Wizards outside of Beal. It also makes me laugh a bit how Kelly Oubre keeps getting put on skate covering Ingram and Curry in consecutive games.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I think John Wall is what would happen if Magic Johnson decided to play like Kobe.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

To be fair, I don't know who you trust to hit shots on the Wizards outside of Beal. It also makes me laugh a bit how Kelly Oubre keeps getting put on skate covering Ingram and Curry in consecutive games.

Otto Porter was on fire, Wall just didn't want to pass the ball.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThePariah posted:

I think John Wall is what would happen if Magic Johnson decided to play like Kobe.

pretty good description

TV Zombie posted:

porter was red hot tonight. something like 7/9 from downtown. i'm not sure he shot the ball in the last 4 minutes

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

My bad then. I guess I just think this team should be better and they're not.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

My bad then. I guess I just think this team should be better and they're not.

its early in the season. mistakes like this should teach the wizards to play more team ball and it also sends out a message to the rest of the league that its really risky trying to manufacture ejections

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Why is it being assuming to be a hit? They were up 14, its like the 4th game.

Weak look for beal, really misjudged his own strength there.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Femur posted:

Why is it being assuming to be a hit? They were up 14, its like the 4th game.

Weak look for beal, really misjudged his own strength there.

because it was seemingly unprovoked, green already had a tech, and it escalated so quickly. just seems like the easiest way to explain it :shrug:

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
That's ridiculous, hits don't involve your own max player. If this was methodical, a dickshot woulda enraged draymond to get that tech.

Draymond probably just called him a sidekick.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

its early in the season. mistakes like this should teach the wizards to play more team ball

Seems like it's mainly the same starters from last year so I feel like they should know better.

...I have to chill. The season is still early.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Some other camera angles you can kinda see Draymond catching Beal with an elbow before the play. Really soft elbow so really weak to react by smacking him in the head, but whatevs

CyclicalAberration
Feb 14, 2012
I'd give Draymond 4/5 Laimbeers for that play, got Beal to overreact and get tossed- needs to work on not getting thrown out too.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So...keep both???
https://twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/924056538888724480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Has anyone said the Oklahoma City Blunder yet?

• Locked thread