Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So I triggered the chaos invasion and now have 6 stacks to the north and 6 to the south. I have a feeling that I’ll be making a last stand soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Excelsiortothemax posted:

So I triggered the chaos invasion and now have 6 stacks to the north and 6 to the south. I have a feeling that I’ll be making a last stand soon enough.

Surprise there's at least one more pile of 6 around somewhere. One spawns between Naggaroth and Norsca, another between Lustria and the Southlands, and a third in the far south of the Southlands proper.

They all exist to murder you. Only you. No one else.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Wow glad I read this thread before a billion Chaos stacks spawned to kick my teeth in. I have enough enemies as it is.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I had Manny go to all the loving trouble to conquer south through the mountains to Gunbad so I could have that sweet sweet gold mine and it's loving gone. Even though the Gold icon on the banner is still there there's no gold mine to be built. What the gently caress, CA.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Brasseye posted:

Wow glad I read this thread before a billion Chaos stacks spawned to kick my teeth in. I have enough enemies as it is.

If it was low tier it wouldn't be so bad. As is though it's Stacks of Chaos Knights and Hellcanons at turn 50. Somewhat... trying.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Particularly when they kept their promise and it came out in weeks.

They shouldn't have. It wasn't ready.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
shut the gently caress up sass

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

sassin' the sassassin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
ME will be a lot better once Norsca and the foundation patch are in, the crashing issues are addressed, and the chaos invasion works properly.

As it is it's the 3rd/4th best TWW campaign available, when it has the potential to be (nay should be) the best. Hopefully it'll be done properly by Christmas.

RedApe98
Mar 17, 2009

Creative Assembly rushed Mortal Empires out too quick: the Chaos Invasion is intrusive garbage nobody wanted, still running into the troops becoming passive bug that was supposedly fixed in the patch notes. I also had my artillery not targeting correctly and rushing forward in sieges. I might just wait to really play until the foundation + Norsca update happen.

Two other problems that occurred were Fireball spell being difficult to cast, Teclis kept having to run forward until he was about 5 feet away from the enemy for it to go off, that could just be wonky angles or something though not sure if it is a bug. And has anyone been able to completely wipe out vampiric corruption from the vampire coast? I am at like turn 66, vamps have been gone for like 40+ full turns, have a mage with the + Untainted skill, the province commandment with +2 Untainted and even the Rite of Isha intermittently but once it got to 22% it stopped declining anymore.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
My Kroq-Gar campaign came to a crashing end when a rogue army doomstack of delfs appeared on my doorstep while I was wiping out the VC's to the north. On like turn 20, it had a dragon, 3 bolt throwers and a mass of mixed top tier triple silver infantry and cav. I lost everything before I could make it back.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Plavski posted:

My Kroq-Gar campaign came to a crashing end when a rogue army doomstack of delfs appeared on my doorstep while I was wiping out the VC's to the north. On like turn 20, it had a dragon, 3 bolt throwers and a mass of mixed top tier triple silver infantry and cav. I lost everything before I could make it back.

Not enough money to activate the Rite of Primeval Glory huh?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Stephen9001 posted:

Not enough money to activate the Rite of Primeval Glory huh?

Getting 12k liquid at that point in the game is drat hard

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

RedApe98 posted:

And has anyone been able to completely wipe out vampiric corruption from the vampire coast? I am at like turn 66, vamps have been gone for like 40+ full turns, have a mage with the + Untainted skill, the province commandment with +2 Untainted and even the Rite of Isha intermittently but once it got to 22% it stopped declining anymore.

Vamp start regions will always have +3 vamp corruption no matter what. It is impossible to get it down to 0%. Teclis' new start position is public order hell.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Plavski posted:

Getting 12k liquid at that point in the game is drat hard

Yeah, I figured as much. Though, if you had gotten lucky, you could have found a 10k gold Skull reef. So, not impossible for you to have had enough money.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

sassassin posted:

ME will be a lot better once Norsca and the foundation patch are in, the crashing issues are addressed, and the chaos invasion works properly.

As it is it's the 3rd/4th best TWW campaign available, when it has the potential to be (nay should be) the best. Hopefully it'll be done properly by Christmas.

I actually more or less agree with this. I'm glad they got a base version out but there are a lot of bugs and things that need addressing, some serious balance issues which are hard to say anything about without knowing how the Foundation/Norsca stuff will affect things, and it remains to be seen how the climate suitability thing shakes out (my feeling is the AI needs to care a lot more about it). It could probably also use stuff like proper isolationist AI personalities for the grey mountain Dwarf karaks so they don't conquer half of Bretonnia, that kind of thing.

Mortal Empires is on track to be the definitive TWW campaign but it's got a ways to go yet.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

sassassin posted:

They shouldn't have. It wasn't ready.

Agreed.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
Kroq Gar has some sizeable money issues on acount of:

1: Of the provinces you can take early on, only your starting province has a) no permanent vampire corruption and b) no bad climate.
2: You can only break the non aggression pact/Mil access treaty with the other frogs on turn 10, and then DOW them on turn 20.
3: You need then to overrun the Desert Southland, also full of Vamprie corruption, to get a port.

tldr: You wont get a port before turn 50 or so. That seriously cuts down on your trading.

Edit: Also, you may well end up qualifiying for getting chaos invaded pretty much the turn you get the port in.

Mightypeon fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 28, 2017

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mightypeon posted:

Kroq Gar has some sizeable money issues on acount of:

1: Of the provinces you can take early on, only your starting province has a) no permanent vampire corruption and b) no bad climate.
2: You can only break the non aggression pact/Mil access treaty with the other frogs on turn 10, and then DOW them on turn 20.
3: You need then to overrun the Desert Southland, also full of Vamprie corruption, to get a port.

tldr: You wont get a port before turn 50 or so. That seriously cuts down on your trading.

Edit: Also, you may well end up qualifiying for getting chaos invaded pretty much the turn you get the port in.

Just build up a stack and kill the frogs. Siege the capital and starve them

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
The Untrustworthy reputation goes away over time. You're surrounded by enemies anyway.
Teclis and Kroq'Gar do get annoying start posiotions though. Permanent corruption and middle climate sucks.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Karaz-a-Karak having so many slots even at tier 2 is a godsend. Two money buildings plus a barracks and a siege workshop lets you roll with a drat good army compared to what you would usually pack in WH1 around that time.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

RBA-Wintrow posted:

The Untrustworthy reputation goes away over time. You're surrounded by enemies anyway.
Teclis and Kroq'Gar do get annoying start posiotions though. Permanent corruption and middle climate sucks.

Teclis is no fortunate son

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think I'm gonna switch from Skrolk to Queek for my Skaven game. I like the character and army bonuses but I find his start just utterly infuriating and I'm sick of Lizards and Elves.

Also can someone remind me which type of ranged needs a clear shot and which can fire over troops?

Fire over: Bows, globes, the weird triangular symbol gutter runners get
Need to flank: Slings, Javelins

That about right?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 28, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
This mod claims to make the Chaos invasion more akin to the vanilla one:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183083111

quote:

Currently implemented changes

Imperium level raised by one for both mid-game and end-game events.
All four Chaos factions now declare war on many relevant factions.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Pierson posted:

I think I'm gonna switch from Skrolk to Queek for my Skaven game. I like the character and army bonuses but I find his start just utterly infuriating and I'm sick of Lizards and Elves.

Also can someone remind me which type of ranged needs a clear shot and which can fire over troops?

That about right?

The warpfire throwers also need a clear shot, but that's all of them i think.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Pierson posted:

That about right?
I seem to remember my slingers being able to be parked behind infantry and firing, but I suppose they could have been firing at long rang.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aaah worth knowing, thanks man.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

BORN TO KILL
SKAVENBLIGHT IS A gently caress
Kill em all 2528
I am lizard man
13,567,294,125,833 DEAD RATS

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RedApe98 posted:

Two other problems that occurred were Fireball spell being difficult to cast, Teclis kept having to run forward until he was about 5 feet away from the enemy for it to go off, that could just be wonky angles or something though not sure if it is a bug. And has anyone been able to completely wipe out vampiric corruption from the vampire coast? I am at like turn 66, vamps have been gone for like 40+ full turns, have a mage with the + Untainted skill, the province commandment with +2 Untainted and even the Rite of Isha intermittently but once it got to 22% it stopped declining anymore.

Corruption in a province works like a sliding scale rather than a zero sum thing. Since the local populace of vampire provinces is always a minimum +3 vampiric corruption, this means that there will always be SOME corruption in the province. If you have +6 untainted and +3 vampiric, it will stabilize at 66% untainted/33% vampiric. If you have +12 untainted and +3 vampiric, it will stabilize at 80% untainted/20% vampiric. It is completely impossible to permanently eradicate vampiric corruption from provinces that start vampiric, even if you have +10,000,000 untainted; there will still be a decimal amount of vampiric corruption due to that permanent +3.

Teclis's ME start sucks horribly out of the gate and is a public order nightmare, even if the tactical layer battles are among the easiest.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I seem to remember my slingers being able to be parked behind infantry and firing, but I suppose they could have been firing at long rang.

Yeah slingers can actually arc their shots, sometimes in a stupidly large one.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Which Lizardmen yellow chain blessings are best?

Blessing of Chotec's +2% to income (globally) is very tempting, but it doesn't do much to help win battles.

Blessing of Tlaztacotl's untainted +3 is nice with all the skaven and vampires or chaos elfs running around, but I almost feel like that's more a job for skink priests.

Blessing of Itzil seems like it would save a lot of money, if you can load up on dinosaurs. I'm not sure if that or Chotec is really better though.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

LLSix posted:

Blessing of Itzil seems like it would save a lot of money, if you can load up on dinosaurs. I'm not sure if that or Chotec is really better though.

Itzl IMO; dinosaurs and Cold/Horned Ones are pricey as gently caress, and you'll want plenty of them to really bring the pain.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I can't tell if I just suck or if Morathi's start in ME is really tough. Between Mazdamundi (and his freespawn 16-stack dino army) and the Light Cav Elf Princess, I keep hitting a wall around turn 30 where there's no real way to keep at least one of them from just rampaging into my home provinces - and I'm not really able to Maz in a straight-up fight regardless because dinosaurs.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I'm finding that artillery seems bugged, not only does it not target stuff properly but even using attack ground or manual fire doesn't help much.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I'm finding that artillery seems bugged, not only does it not target stuff properly but even using attack ground or manual fire doesn't help much.

Maybe it has something to do with the way that AI will actually now try and dodge your shots.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Maybe it has something to do with the way that AI will actually now try and dodge your shots.

If anything, the "dodging" makes your artillery more effective because the AI goes crazy trying to manage its blob during bombardment. Probably takes a critical mass of artillery to trigger it, which is very easy to get with Skaven and Dwarfs.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah but this goes out the window when the AI is engaged in melee, in which case it has full tunnel vision and ignores everything else going on. I mean FFS artillery is derping out when trying to hit a fixed object like a wall or defensive tower.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Perestroika posted:

BORN TO KILL
SKAVENBLIGHT IS A gently caress
Kill em all 2528
I am lizard man
13,567,294,125,833 DEAD RATS

Would you like to know more?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

sassassin posted:

What is this sad world coming to when I agree with sassassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hmmmmmm......