Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Daaaawwwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
New suit looking good, Rhyno

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
That's Evil Rhyno. You can tell by the facial hair.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

That's Evil Rhyno. You can tell by the facial hair.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Luxrage posted:

Does anyone know of a thread this truck would be applicable for? I already post the wagon stuff in the ford panther thread, is there a similar one for these Tracker/Sidekicks?

Just make a new one.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

One of the carriers in the UK is getting slated for the £117/month charge for the iPhone x, as if it's their fault people want a thousand quid phone with no money down and unlimited everything. If it was a bad deal no-one would buy it and the deal would disappear.

I'm working 7 days this week and probably 6 next, it's depressing because I'm not used to getting up at 4:45 on the weekend.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ok, maybe STR can answer this but how late do Amazon drivers deliver? Dave just found a package outside that most certainly wasn't there at 10:30 or so. :psyduck:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
So a guy ordered some Tequila from us today. $35,040 dollars worth of tequila to be exact

:captainpop:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Ok, maybe STR can answer this but how late do Amazon drivers deliver? Dave just found a package outside that most certainly wasn't there at 10:30 or so. :psyduck:

Given my experience with Amazon logistics, most likely a neighbor brought it over after it was misdelivered. They have timelines and geofencing to deal with, so they likely weren't delivering that late, just chucking it at the wrong house. Our guy can't tell the difference between 5208 and 5008, so a neighbor and I always have to swap items.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This isn't actually that far off from what I looked like a few years ago honestly.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

This isn't actually that far off from what I looked like a few years ago honestly.

The man in this photo also at one point Blue himself.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Adiabatic posted:

They're the same height. Perspective is thrown off because the left door is up against the corner and the right door is a few inches off of it.

You could be right, but I prefer to believe that suit is warping space around it. That's a good suit.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Its actually a white suit moving towards us really fast

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

So a guy ordered some Tequila from us today. $35,040 dollars worth of tequila to be exact

:captainpop:

So looking online it appears the average bottle of not crap tequila is about 55 bucks average (700ml) gives me approx 637 bottles. Then 637 * .7 = 445 litres.

WHAT the gently caress is that for?????? I cant even imagine a schoolies week blowing through that much.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's 34 bottles. 10 of those bottles are $3k a pop. This is not your average tequila

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sounds like fraud if it's not for an establishment

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slidebite posted:

Sounds like bougie white people who think a fancy tequila tastes better than bathtub tequila

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

slidebite posted:

Eh the guy came and dropped $10k on a dozen bottles of wine the other day, he's not short of a buck. We don't do anything until the money is in our account in this case so we're pretty covered.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ExplodingSims posted:

I assume it was a regular Amazon order, and not something like Prime Now (same-day, 2 hour window) or Fresh? AMZL drivers aren't supposed to mark anything as delivered after 8:59:59 (seriously, to the second; once it clicks over to 9:00 it's "LATE" and goes against the driver), but sometimes if the warehouse had a lovely day they'll release shifts running as late as 11.

(then the next day the drivers get bitchy emails, or even fired, for attempting delivery after 9pm... :psypop: unless we're actively on the road, all communication with Amazon is via email, and all replies, if you're lucky enough to get one, is a scripted reply that often doesn't have anything to do with your issue.... :fuckoff: and you get fired automatically via computer for various things, including late deliveries)

Alarbus posted:

Given my experience with Amazon logistics, most likely a neighbor brought it over after it was misdelivered. They have timelines and geofencing to deal with, so they likely weren't delivering that late, just chucking it at the wrong house. Our guy can't tell the difference between 5208 and 5008, so a neighbor and I always have to swap items.

This too. Though you don't get the same person, ever, if it's an Amazon Flex driver. They never get the same route day after day unless it's by pure luck. The app we have to use has geofencing, and I'm told the logistics side has a very tight geofence to deal with, and the only way to override it is to call driver support.

AMZL doesn't always mean Amazon Flex, though; a lot of those routes are contracted out to local delivery companies (such as LSO or Tenet, in my area). Easy way to tell is by if someone in their own personal vehicle in street clothes (sometimes with a high vis vest and/or Amazon badge) drops off your package, vs a commercial van (usually an unlogoed white van). Sometimes the Flex drivers will stick Amazon Flex signs on their cars; IMO that's a huge no-no. Amazon prohibits it obviously, but it also makes you a huge theft/carjacking magnet.

I deliver for Prime Now/Amazon Restaurants/Amazon Fresh, so I have a different set of rules to play by - but I'm still part of Amazon Flex, and I have a lot of friends who moved over to logistics (I'm thinking about moving over, myself). Prime Now and Fresh have a 2 hour window; Prime Now runs as late as midnight in some cities (10pm here, but we had a 12am-2am shift when the last Harry Potter book dropped), and we get dinged for a late if, say, I deliver an 8-10pm package at 10:00:00pm (but it's fine if it's 9:59:59pm - their servers are synced to the atomic clock system). Also, since I don't do logistics, I have an override I can use for the geofencing - customers can call me directly to redirect packages when I'm out for delivery, or cancel orders, etc, but if they redirect me I have to use the "I'm at the location but my GPS isn't working" button (logistics drivers can't use that button).

Even with doing Prime Now for 2 years, I've only wound up at the same addresses a handful of times. There's one that I think I've been to 5 times in 2 years; the rest are 2 or 3.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Sometimes the Flex drivers will stick Amazon Flex signs on their cars; IMO that's a huge no-no. Amazon prohibits it obviously, but it also makes you a huge theft/carjacking magnet.

That may be why they tell people to do it, but they're doing it for the same reason the pizza place tells you to take the domino's sign off the roof in an accident.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Amazon actually provides primary insurance when we're delivering. $1M in liability + UM/UIM (property), and they'll also cover comprehensive and collision IF you have them on your policy ($1000 deductible, though - they used to match your own deductible).

When Prime Now first launched, it was via 3rd party companies only (Tenet and LSO in my area), and Amazon did provide "Amazon Prime Now" magnets that go on the side of cars (Tenet required drivers use their own vehicles, LSO provided Transit Connects with LSO livery). Those drivers were supposed to hand in the Amazon magnets once Amazon moved over to in-house delivery, but a lot of Tenet and LSO drivers were also offered positions with Amazon Flex (several took it).

They don't tell us not to use Amazon logos on our vehicles to discourage theft; they say we're not allowed to use their logo without permission. Anyone that still has any signage either kept it when they transitioned to an Amazon contractor (so stolen property), or had them printed themselves (copyright issues). Anyone persistent about it gets passed off to legal, who says "gently caress no, you can't use our logo, you're a loving contractor!". They don't care if we wear Amazon logo clothing (a lot of us that started early in the game got hats, t-shirts, etc with Amazon logos... I have a couple of hats, and Amazon does sell Amazon logo clothing), but they get real pissy in a hurry if you have an Amazon logo on your car, and they'll terminate you on the spot if they're in a bad mood (depending on how deep Bezos's cock is in the warehouse manager's rear end that day).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 28, 2017

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
They can shrink the geofence further too. In our area we typically get the same guy, which is why it's a problem. I've called logistics about three times now, and the acceptable area for my place is now a 3 by 3 box, so he can't be near the neighbor. He at least goes to the door, his fill in puts boxes in the tire track spot of the garage door. Jackass.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Great, the contractor I was last-minute asked to babysit wants to stay here until 5. I started at 6.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

Great, the contractor I was last-minute asked to babysit wants to stay here until 5. I started at 6.

BOOO. Hope your day gets better

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
7:48 AM. Through the open window. Car alarm. Getting noisier...then getting quieter. Like it's driving by with the alarm blaring. Fun!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My cousin's obituary literally reads, "non-drug-related heart attack". (His brother died of a heroin overdose in April.)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dagen H posted:

My cousin's obituary literally reads, "non-drug-related heart attack". (His brother died of a heroin overdose in April.)

gently caress. Dude that sucks. :sympathy:

Hope you're doing ok. I lost a friend to heroin recently and gently caress. What a waste

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 28, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My uncle and their mom got divorced when I was 5 or 6, and I had only seen them a couple times since then (they lived with their mom). We weren't close.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 28, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

My buddy's brother died if a heroin OD and his obit was just "he loved life."

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Regardless, it sucks to lose someone.

In the spirit of the guy I lost, here's something he would have loved

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/s...s-response-epic

Sorry for the twitter link, the only yt link I could find was uhhhh... bullshit

If you're having a drink tonight, have one for Oli, Gin & Tonic. No fruit. No Ice.

Kid had the biggest heart of anyone I ever met. He'd listen to anyone's story, and he loved them all. Rocked a mullet like no one ever had a right to. Wore anything, even if it came from his sisters wardrobe, and made it look good.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

slothrop posted:

It's 34 bottles. 10 of those bottles are $3k a pop. This is not your average tequila

Please stop doxxing my alcoholism, you told me my purchases were confidential!!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alarbus posted:

They can shrink the geofence further too. In our area we typically get the same guy, which is why it's a problem. I've called logistics about three times now, and the acceptable area for my place is now a 3 by 3 box, so he can't be near the neighbor. He at least goes to the door, his fill in puts boxes in the tire track spot of the garage door. Jackass.

If you're getting the same guy, then you have one of the contracted delivery companies. But Amazon is more than capable of putting delivery notes in for AMZL, and when it's out for delivery, you have the option to leave a predefined note such as "Leave at front door" (only for AMZL).

He'll still have to scan/mark as delivered within that geofence, but there's nothing stopping him from going past that spot once marked as delivered.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Please stop doxxing my alcoholism, you told me my purchases were confidential!!

Dude I sell cask wine for $15 a GALLON if'n you wanna get tore up.

And that's here in Australia, where booze is so expensive even the E-mercans comment on it. I've had no push back on the "and how expensive was your last hospital visit?" comment yet

poo poo it's almost like when you travel to different countries poo poo is different!

please note I am not making fun of anyone in particular just the retards special people who come through and can't believe a bottle of Jack gosh darn Daniels costs more in Australia than in TeneGODAMNsee

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

If you're getting the same guy, then you have one of the contracted delivery companies. But Amazon is more than capable of putting delivery notes in for AMZL, and when it's out for delivery, you have the option to leave a predefined note such as "Leave at front door" (only for AMZL).

He'll still have to scan/mark as delivered within that geofence, but there's nothing stopping him from going past that spot once marked as delivered.

They have. This guy is a special brand of stupid. I'm probably due for another "can you do anything else to get him to stop loving it up" call to Logistics.

My wife's most recent order included a photo of the box on the doormat, so hopefully that cuts out some of this poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slothrop posted:

poo poo it's almost like when you travel to different countries poo poo is different!

please note I am not making fun of anyone in particular just the retards special people who come through and can't believe a bottle of Jack gosh darn Daniels costs more in Australia than in TeneGODAMNsee

Um yeah, when I lived in Japan I used to sell Jack daniels handles black market. Buy it on base for 10 bucks, then sell it for 10,000 yen off base to yakuza. Did that for awhile before someone else I knew got popped for it :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So scare, so danger

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Um yeah, when I lived in Japan I used to sell Jack daniels handles black market. Buy it on base for 10 bucks, then sell it for 10,000 yen off base to yakuza. Did that for awhile before someone else I knew got popped for it :v:
Lol, how much? Jesus.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slothrop posted:

Dude I sell cask wine for $15 a GALLON if'n you wanna get tore up.

And that's here in Australia, where booze is so expensive even the E-mercans comment on it. I've had no push back on the "and how expensive was your last hospital visit?" comment yet

Being from Tennessee it always offers me some small comfort to know that anywhere I am in the world I can order Jack Daniels

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Lol, how much? Jesus.

Like 90 bucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was like 100 bucks at the time, so yeah huge profit margins. Bottles half the size were going for more money than that on the Japanese market so it was still a great deal for them, but the military started cracking down hard on it so I stopped doing it.

angryrobots posted:

So scare, so danger

Scared of the military yes, yakuza not so much they are mostly cool guys.

[e] this was in the early 90's and I was like 20 yrs old at the time, young and dumb. Had fun tho.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 28, 2017

• Locked thread