Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't read or post in D&D. Do you personally feel like she harasses people, above and beyond this forum's tradition of ribbing people when they stick their asses out, etc.?

It depends on if you believe people that said slashie would stalk them offsite and make irl contact with their friends and family. She'd come back and say she was being stalked offsite and irl too. Maybe both are true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The thing that happens to TB over and over again is that she starts out civil, and people keep tooting dogwhistle racist stuff which gets her progressively more annoyed and agitated. There's this cycle where she's calm and reasonable and yet assholes are like "Why are you yelling WHY ARE YOU YELLING TINY BRONTOSAURS CANT WE JUST HAVE A CIVIL DEBATE HERE?" so she gets frustrated to the point that she probably doesn't care how people interpret her response because they're going to jump on her responses regardless of how 'nice' she tries to frame it. And I'm sure her 'admitting' to being a Slashie re-reg was just sarcasm because it is a topic people refuse to drop. I'm sure it can be particularly insulting when people can't even accept you for who you are "There's no way this person is really a black woman/transgendered person/homeless they must be faking for attention" since it implies you don't even really deserve to exist in a way.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

jesus loving christ never mind I'm just going to go back to talking about grody food and ancient video games

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rough Lobster posted:

The same goes for the posters white-knighting TB

:jerkbag:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Who What Now posted:

TB is cool and good and people's opinions of her are a good barometer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Looks like the only two options are that TB is completely blameless and pure or 100% a thread derailing gimmick account.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh. she goes off the rails at points for sure.

most of the times i have seen her go thermonuclear was mostly justified or at least understandable when you know you are dealing with someone that gets into moods and poo poo. i mean hell some days just reading the news makes me pretty much :argh: so i get it kinda. however when you end up being able to derail a thread worse than that one nameless dragon age 2 uberfan, id imagine it makes opinions about you pretty galvanizing.

Also for fair disclosure: I get yelled at for whiteknighting her on occasion

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
There's plenty of middle ground regarding Tiny Brontosaurus. There's plenty of people she's corrected who were just like :v: "oh ok sorry" and the issue got dropped and there was no derail. But people on the internet love to double down and it just feeds into her anger.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The other thing people gotta realize is that SA has kind of a blind spot when it comes to racism. Goons are pretty proactive about outing, ostracizing, and pushing out kid-touchers. Instances where the person was protected (like Aatrek and probably a few other people over the years) are met with collective outrage. Not so with racism, in fact it can often be the opposite case, in which the people calling out other posters for being racist get disproportionally worse treatment in terms of probations/bans. This of course just ups the ante for racists that can play the 'I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!' game to try to goad people of color into getting frustrated and ultimately probated.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Having fun reading every instance of TB as tuberculosis itt

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Terbium did nothing wrong!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have no idea (and I barely even know who slashie is, way before my time) but I saw someone eat a ban for bringing that up a while back so... I would assume probably not?

because if TB is a slashie rereg she is violating the rule about evading a perma ban, and hence should be perma banned herself.

it's less an insult and more a call for her to be removed from the forums

edit: stupid awful app quoted the wrong post.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Panfilo posted:

The other thing people gotta realize is that SA has kind of a blind spot when it comes to racism. Goons are pretty proactive about outing, ostracizing, and pushing out kid-touchers. Instances where the person was protected (like Aatrek and probably a few other people over the years) are met with collective outrage. Not so with racism, in fact it can often be the opposite case, in which the people calling out other posters for being racist get disproportionally worse treatment in terms of probations/bans. This of course just ups the ante for racists that can play the 'I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!' game to try to goad people of color into getting frustrated and ultimately probated.

Ah the PECOSBill ploy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LingcodKilla posted:

Ah the PECOSBill ploy.

i think bill is an entirely differing flavor of poster

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

because if TB is a slashie rereg she is violating the rule about evading a perma ban, and hence should be perma banned herself.

so there can only be one black woman posting here besides km

or do you think she’s slashie too

:psyduck:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

More like oldclueless.

Sorry, it was right there. I actually agree with you. I have no idea what moronic argument stone cold is trying to make.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
oldpainless I have to know: how do you feel about the constant "more like old----less!" jokes that follow you whenever you post? I swear I've seen about a thousand of them.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

More like oldclueless.

Sorry, it was right there. I actually agree with you. I have no idea what moronic argument stone cold is trying to make.

.......slashie and tb are both black women, as is km

use context clues, dear

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

People get around that rule all the time.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

stone cold posted:

.......slashie and tb are both black women, as is km

use context clues, dear

If you were able to use context clues, you'd see that RFC was trying to answer the question of why people care whether or not TB is slashie.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Who What Now posted:

People get around that rule all the time.
someone literally got around that rule on the previous page of this thread

Disclaimer: I have no proof that poster is actually the permabanned poster they post just like despite their registration date

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Patrick Spens posted:

If you were able to use context clues, you'd see that RFC was trying to answer the question of why people care whether or not TB is slashie.

fair

i’ll cop to reading that post as being more malevolent than it is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This isn't a gossip thread. I doubt want to hear about Tiny Brontasaurus for the next month unless they decide to hike across Africa to open an attitudinal horrific restaurant

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Patrick Spens posted:

thanks, this. i like TB, based on my encounters with her, and don't personally care.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EmmyOk posted:

This isn't a gossip thread. I doubt want to hear about Tiny Brontasaurus for the next month unless they decide to hike across Africa to open an attitudinal horrific restaurant

does it not count as an ongoing saga, given that a lot of posters have incredibly strong opinions of her, she just got probated for a month for potentially specious reasons, and she might be a rereg of (from what I gather) a famously insane LF person

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can we post about tuberculosis?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

I was just gonna post basically this thank you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It kinda is a gossip thread, just for really old gossip about people who don't really post any more.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Panfilo posted:

Such as when?

E: You are the guy who argued Lowtax was making light of child molestation because he made a 600lb Life thread.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Which forum is the most drama-free?

Like, I post a bunch in Cycle Asylum, and it's so slow moving that I don't think we've made a new thread in like a year, but that forum still has the insurance fraud guy, the world traveling rapist, the guy who kept crashing in a straight line,, backpanther, etc

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I want to hear more about all of those.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not sure if it was a "saga" or not but I remember a thread where someone found a women who was a cutter that posted the most horrific loving images of her "work" online. Chick was cutting so deep and hard that you could literally see bone in some pictures.

I think eventually goons reached out and got her some help so apparently it ended well but, drat, I consider it a saga because I've seen a lot of terrible poo poo on the internet in my day but little that's disturbed me more than those photos did.

I think stuff like Two Worlds and Dollfucker count more as "sagas" since they went on long but that cutter thread made my blood run cold.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

steinrokkan posted:

Such as when?

E: You are the guy who argued Lowtax was making light of child molestation because he made a 600lb Life thread.

GBS is kind of based on the idea.

Like if the opposite was true it couldn't really function

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
CC is usually pretty quiet. I think a lot of the sub forums are, really. I want to hear more about this Cycle Asylum madness, though. Maybe the name is more apt than I thought. :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

CC is usually pretty quiet. I think a lot of the sub forums are, really. I want to hear more about this Cycle Asylum madness, though. Maybe the name is more apt than I thought. :stare:

CC had the robot fucker and Elsa and that other really whiny guy

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RGD gets like one probation a year outside of the Giant Bomb thread. I’m not sure how much the GB thread pushes up the average though.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
TRP is pretty chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sports forums are pretty chill for the most part