Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

peter gabriel posted:

These are all good options, egg is good if treated with respect. It is after all a chicken that never made it.

Egg sandwiches will always remain lowest tier sandwich for me, but I respect your, uh, respect.

peter gabriel posted:

Before eating an egg always press F

Can I offer you a nice egg in this respectin' time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

Egg sandwiches will always remain lowest tier sandwich for me, but I respect your, uh, respect.

Can I offer you a nice egg in this respectin' time?

I am pressing F, hit me

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Xaerael posted:

Been (still am actually) away for a few days, missed shitcon, is PC gaming saved yet?

Citizencon 2017 was the most boring-est thing I've watched on a screen.

They can't show any gameplay because it's always a disaster, and the pre-rendered tech demo stuff is so devoid of imagination, style or originality that it's a genuine snoozefest.

All you need to do for next year is see which big sci-fi movie is due, knock up some visuals based off it, throw in your spaceship model built by whichever 3rd party studio needed the work that month and BAM $2 million dollah

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SCtrumpHaters posted:

See you in the loving Verse friends.

I've gotta know, when you saw the 2016 presentation that talked about how 3.0 would have all these awesome features and would be out really soon, how did you feel?

How different was that feeling from the one you felt when you watched the 2017 presentation about how 3.0 would have all these awesome features and would be out really soon?

Do you consider yourself to be good at learning from experience?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I am pressing F, hit me

Sure!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When they showed the phone box chariot flying over a city I thought 'wow that looks cool' and then the whole cityscape started wobbling around on obviously pre determined tiles and I thought 'oh yeah it's CIG' Then I ate an egg

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hey Chris, you're a rock star, get your game on, go......

gently caress, I'm sure the next part is important but I can't remember it

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

thatguy posted:

I'll help.

They literally just combined the two.
This unironically the funniest thing that came out of CitizenCon 2017, nice work.

SomethingJones posted:

Citizencon 2017 was the most boring-est thing I've watched on a screen.
I'm glad I used the thread to give me the high points to save me six hours of boredom. I can't recall seeing a single gify link in the thread during Citcon, which kinda says everything. In comparison, I remember one post about GamesCom 2017 collecting like 20 or 30 gify links, all of them hilarious.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 28, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am in an OpenHouse stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3JlO45thE

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

That's a really nice megatexture of a dead city with 1 or 2 ships flying in straight lines, and 0 signs of life. You can fly around in a render of a city.

Are there thousands of ships? NPCs, cops, traffic, maybe some exciting chases to see or supply ships you can rob? Criminals you can shoot down? Maybe take supplies around the city for cash?

Maybe attack some buildings for other corporations or raid supply warehouses?

No?

Just float around above the city?

Yeah, it's a tech demo.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

At least we still have

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

peter gabriel posted:

Au contraire mon a me, I feel really positive.
I am 100% positive that this game is shite

I really need to start compiling a book of great pgabz sayings.
Quotes to live life by.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

So I missed the con because I was at my niece's birthday. Did anything exciting happen? Or was I better off playing board games with a six year old and petting a cat for 20 min?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chalks posted:

How different was that feeling from the one you felt when you watched the 2017 presentation about how 3.0 would have all these awesome features and would be out really soon?

The problem is that none of the features they showed are for 3.0. They said they are for post-3.0, and they didn't even imply they would come out soon. The only moderately scummy thing they did (if we didn't know that most of it is never happening) is show that interior procgen video just after showing the procgen cities, so that the backers would put them together in their minds to dream about.

Again, if I didn't know anything about this mess and I saw that last presentation I would be like "cool tech, I hope they get it working in their single-player game soon". This, compared to their previous dumpster-fire presentations, which were transparently full of bullshit.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 28, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Slow_Moe posted:

So I missed the con because I was at my niece's birthday. Did anything exciting happen? Or was I better off playing board games with a six year old and petting a cat for 20 min?

trucutru posted:

Seriously, no promises were made, no dates were announced, no real gameplay was shown. Chris even learned how to barely cut a cake (still smeared his hands with frosting and took him like 9 cuts to produce a piece but he has shown he can learn). Iron-loving-clad.

As you can tell from the lack of "lol cig gifs" it was boring and professional.
The next half year should be smooth sailing.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I fell asleep while Chris was flying around the endless city of boxes. Did they show anything else?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Slow_Moe posted:

Tons better. Basically the big CitizenCon demo was a higher poly version of the Second Reality demo with Crobberts babbling about how all the AI characters had lives and worshiped him as a god (might have added that last part).

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Honestly I know we are all jaded here but you'd have to be made out of stone to not be affected by the scale of what was shown there. I know I know, its not "in game". But thats just you again moving the goalposts. For years it was "impossible." Well they've done it.

CIG have done what?
They have produced some pretty convincing movies.
I know I'm sold.

As the 'ground breaking technologies' they keep introducing are renamed technologies from five years ago.
Roberts is really good at smoke and mirrors.

Next thing is he'll package one of pgabz piss sandwiches and persuade the backers that it is worth $900 and essential for immersion.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

AutismVaccine posted:

As you can tell from the lack of "lol cig gifs" it was boring and professional.
The next half year should be smooth sailing.

Well in that case...

caughtupwiththetread.gif

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

D1E posted:

Does Derek fall for it every single time?
You forgot your ABCs.

Always
Be
Cwarlording.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dogeh posted:

As the 'ground breaking technologies' they keep introducing are renamed technologies from five years ago.
Roberts is really good at smoke and mirrors.
They're using ground breaking technologies to get out of a well.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So I've been a long time lurker but had to grit my teeth and pay up just to explain....well gloat on all you clowns,

Like how does it taste? The biggest event of the year where you guys were sourly clenching your fingers in anticipation of mocking something better than yourselves.

But Chris delivered. Showing Dereek Farts and you idiots what is possible in gaming.

You guys are pretty much silent, trying anything in your power to smear this accomplishment and its ugly. You have nothing solid to point at and say this is bad. Its all supposition and honestly, lies.

TY for the 10bux commando o7m8

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So we got SC branded Hotas, web cam, and SSD. So in a few more years, citizens can build a full PC that will totally work better then any PC ever.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

Even egg sandwiches? They have such a potential to go wrong! What's your position on crisp sandwiches? What's your policy on corned beef? Why is there still conflict in the Middle East, is it due to the a lack of sandwich negotiations?

Strong words! Strong words! But what about brown bread? What about the brown bread? *leans in with microphone to an uncomfortable level*

gently caress, now I want a crisp sandwich.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Watching the keynote, I had an overwhelming desire to rip a piece of paper in half every time a tear ripped across the entire screen. Then I thought about editing this into the video. Then I thought about how much work that would be.

So I'm just going to say, CALLED IT!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

D_Smart posted:

It's old school. You're not supposed to understand it. Plus, math is hard.
There's no place for old school these days. They're not coding demos for the 8086.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dogeh posted:

Next thing is he'll package one of pgabz piss sandwiches and persuade the backers that it is worth $900 and essential for immersion.

Available at Dumper's Depot lunch counter ("Everything's for Sale!") in Arccorp for a limited time only!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chris Roberts is basically the Donald Trump of gaming.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fritzgryphon posted:

Don't lose hope. I'm new here and a little optimistic, but I'm sure the lulz will come back.

I don't see what the big deal is. They needed a good presentation to buy some more time, they gave a presentation without major fuckups, even if it was so boring I didn't watch most of it. The last 3 months of the year is their most important funding period, so they just don't want to gently caress that up. 3.0 is so bad I don't think they'll release it soon, they may feel forced to anyway.

The key points haven't changed, they should be short of money, they can't create decent gameplay, the engine is a mess. Apart from encouraging gullible third parties like Intel to get involved, the only real way they can cut costs is to reduce headcount, so I expect plenty of funny stuff when that happens over December/January.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

vyst posted:

Chris Roberts is basically the Donald Trump of gaming.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So I've been a long time lurker but had to grit my teeth and pay up just to explain....well gloat on all you clowns,

Like how does it taste? The biggest event of the year where you guys were sourly clenching your fingers in anticipation of mocking something better than yourselves.

But Chris delivered. Showing Dereek Farts and you idiots what is possible in gaming.

You guys are pretty much silent, trying anything in your power to smear this accomplishment and its ugly. You have nothing solid to point at and say this is bad. Its all supposition and honestly, lies.

own up to your alts lowtax

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax
https://go.twitch.tv/versecontx

After connection problems and crashes they are finally ready to start Arena Commander.

edit: They were going to stream all players but now they will show just one. Manson beard guy is there with a rifle.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185857228?t=04m03s

:gary:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Some overweight guys playing in front of no crowd? Twitch is not loading in my browser :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tooterfish posted:

You forgot your ABCs.

Always
Be
Cwarlording.

If Roberts came in and pointed to his watch and said Baldwin's lines...first time he wouldn't be lying.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Only four guys in the audience?
One looks like a homeless guy they pulled off the street...
Nice to give him some warmth and hopefully food.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Bestest community ever o7

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
viewer count just went down to 30. Pretty sure goons are the only ones watching that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Herb Dington posted:

viewer count just went down to 30. Pretty sure goons are the only ones watching that...

It's US, we were the shillizens all along!!!